Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

(edited)

I hope they find a regular female character who they can get a better handle on for next season. 

They should find more than one female character, this next season.They shouldn't just replace the Kendra role and be done with it. I remember when there were protests of Young Justice (DC cartoon on CN) having a single regular female character in its first episodes, but  they soon added two more regular female characters as and Black Canary as recurring all in the first season. By the time season 2 rolled, you didnt have to count female characters on one hand, they were about equal numbers of female & male characterss. The point is LOT has a lot to make up for and fast. Rex Tyler's debut was kind of underwhelming to me, for this very reason.

Edited by WildcardC
  • Love 1

I don't think they will have more than two female regulars next season but if they had several good guest females or reoccurring females, I'd be happy. Sara is so great she almost counts as five for me. I'd rather have two great women than an even cast if the others are written like Kendra was.

• Love 4
(edited)

We know we are getting one new female character next season. I just hope they cast someone who can act and they have a plan for the character.

Don't they start filming soon if they are starting in the Fall. I'm thinking they should start filming around the end of July. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

If they're starting in the fall, they should start around the same time as Arrow, and I think I read somewhere that Arrow starts a week before SDCC this year.

Last year they started in August I believe, but that was for a midseason start. 

I admit, I haven't seen many of her Arrow episodes, but I never saw Sara as the sort of character to use sexuality to troll people.  That is a really off-putting idea to me.

Besides, Kara is sweet and has some similarities to that nurse Sara seemed into back in 1958.

I think she could do it, in a good-natured way. Kara is easily flustered.

It's quite clear Sara wasn't really interested in the nurse - otherwise, she'd make a move on her during those 2 years. Instead, she went back to LoA which I think tells a lot. All of her major love interests - Oliver, Nyssa and Leonard - were more of a "bad boy/girl" type, so I think this is what attracts her.

• Love 3

I think she was trying to help the nurse come out of her shell. Then experienced her first kiss after coming back from the dead which freaked her out. Other than that I also don't think the nurse was her type. 

Maybe Sara would go for Alex over Kara. 

• Love 3

I want to see Kara meet Sara, because Kara's so bright and cheerful and Sara... isn't.  The contrast would be entertaining.  But I highly doubt we'll see Sara making moves on anyone that's not already established as interested in women.

• Love 3
(edited)

Caity was on the Nerd HQ Badass Women panel. Caity's only in it for a bit and didn't say much. But it's a great panel anyway, they talk about social media trolls. I don't like some actors and think they can't act, but I don't go find them on social media to tell them that. I don't understand people that to do that.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

That picture really does show a lack of females on the regular cast. It's not just LoT but the other group shots from the Flarrowverses also show a lack of balance between the females & males.

• Love 1

Doesn't each of the Flarrowverses cast only have 2 women regulars now? 

Arrow: Felicity and Thea
Flash: Iris and Caitlin
LoT: Sara and new girl
Supergirl: Kara and Alex

And they keep adding more male characters. 

• Love 2
(edited)

First look at new Vixen, she is pretty

And Cat and Lucy, they did  feature prominently thought the season, regardless of whether they are regulars or not. 

LoT strictly has 2 female characters. Arrow & Flash  at least are shows about male leads, whats LoT's excuse, for putting such an embargo on adding more than 2 female characters in the cast?

Edited by WildcardC
9 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Arrow: Felicity and Thea
Flash: Iris and Caitlin
LoT: Sara and new girl

And they keep adding more male characters. 

Don't worry we have super regular

Spoiler

Katie Cassidy

to make up for all the missing female parts. :( It's like a punch to the stomach & a simultaneous knife to the back.

Seriously disappointed in the Flarrowverses right now. Maybe there are not a lot of female superheroes, but certainly they could have found a few more females to give regular slots to.

• Love 2

Is that Andrew Kresiberg in the cap, black T-shirt and (sometimes) glasses?

Also, is that other woman in the IGN pic (sitting right in front of the Bat-logo) an IGN interviewer or someone from the show?

I hope they do.  I know some here are hoping for a shorter season and I understand why, but to me, having the option to be picked up for more episodes and not getting that pickup would be a vote of no confidence in the show.  It already makes me uneasy that they didn't just give it a full season pickup in the first place.  If they'd always planned to have a shorter season that would be different, but this to me says they're not happy with how it's performing but it's being given a chance to do better.  If it picks up, it'll get the back nine order.  If it doesn't....well then I'm not going to hold my breath for a third season renewal.

• Love 3

It's still like the third highest rated show on the network, though.  So I wouldn't necessarily rule out a renewal even if they only get the thirteen eps this season.  They may be looking at cost-effectiveness.  But I really can't see them jettisoning Legends and keeping something like iZombie (which I love, btw), when the latter gets half the ratings.

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 2

One comment I saw was that Legends only got a 13-episode commitment because it was a winter replacement last year.  I am not entirely sure that makes a lot of sense, but that's what I read and it was on the Internet so it must be true!  :D

55 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

One comment I saw was that Legends only got a 13-episode commitment because it was a winter replacement last year.  I am not entirely sure that makes a lot of sense, but that's what I read and it was on the Internet so it must be true!  :D

Yeah, I heard that the CW rarely gives its winter shows an automatic full order the following season.

It's still like the third highest rated show on the network, though.  So I wouldn't necessarily rule out a renewal even if they only get the thirteen eps this season.  They may be looking at cost-effectiveness.  But I really can't see them jettisoning Legends and keeping something like iZombie (which I love, btw), when the latter gets half the ratings.

Im definitely confident the show will reach syndication, its very rare nowadays for CW to kill a show before a 4th season.

I think 16 episodes like season 1 was, is just about the right amount, so I hope they will extend up to that.

Supergirl has the better balance of female characters. Legends needs to step up here.

Exactly, you would think they would have corrected this for season 2, to attract more female fans. 

Edited by WildcardC

That makes me think we'll see giant Atom again. 

I really like the poster. Sara looks badass and is front and center as she should be. Jax's prominence has me hopeful that he'll be a major player (I love him so much!). Everyone else looks cool too, though I still miss Cold. 

It actually has Star Wars vibes so I'm wondering if that is a hint as to the team vibe for the season. 

Now I need to get a copy for my very own. The posters we got at Comic Con were from last season ::spoiled pout::.

• Love 3

They(CW promo/marketing dept.) really need to work on effective visual hierarchy. Obviously, some characters are more important or are going to be more prominent than others, but it really could have been more balanced. Routh is too big, Garber too small; and then uneven split of Ray, Jax, and Sara on the left and every one else on the right. /graphic design degree

This poster for Gotham has even more characters, but is much more balanced visually:

Spoiler

Gotham-season-2-poster.jpg

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Obviously, some characters are more important or are going to be more prominent than others, but it really could have been more balanced. Routh is too big, Garber too small; and then uneven split of Ray, Jax, and Sara on the left and every one else on the right. /graphic design degree

Of course Ray is big in photo, he can turn into a 9ft Giant Atom, I think thats all it is here. In the next promo photo, they can always go for a micro Atom.

But I dont expect him to have a small presence in promos. I think  they are making Ray/Sara/Firestorm (mostly Jax) to be the big 3 characters of the show. Firestorm & Atom are the bigger DC names on the show and Jax is POC,  Sara/White Canary/ is a "fan favourite" original character as well as one of the two women in the show. 

Stein is the head/brain of Firestorm and Jax is the body, Stein's whole body is not even supposed to be shown in promo but only his head. For an accurate Firestorm depiction thats how it would be but likely out of respect for the actor, they show all of him.

Its an ensemble show but it doesnt mean the characters are equal  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by DCLeague

I'm not sure I'd read too much into poster design.  If the posters were a true reflection of the show, I think Ray would have had a lot more prominence last season than he ended up having. 

Either way, I really like the poster, it's feels very eye-catching and dynamic.  :-)

Edited by squidprincess

I like it because I think it's meant to evoke a spiral, ultimately going from Ray and Vixen, through Jax and Martin, down through Rip, Mick, Steel, and finally around and past Sara.  I think the sizes, with the left images largest, are meant to carry the effect of moving down and deeper into the spiral.

Edited by squidprincess

Fox obviously has better graphic designers. But I do see the spiral the were trying to make out of the pictures. I do like that Sara is in the center. 

Here's I guess the official press release of the episode. 

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

“Out of Time” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

LOST AND FOUND — GUEST STARRING STEPHEN AMELL — After the defeat of the immortal villain Vandal Savage and the exposure of the corrupt Time Masters, a new threat emerges.  Dr. Nate Heywood (Nick Zano), an unconventional and charming historian, is thrust into the action. After making a shocking discovery, Nate seeks out Oliver Queen (guest star Stephen Amell) for help in finding the scattered Legends.  Once reunited, the Legends continue their new mission to protect the timeline from temporal aberrations - unusual changes to history that spawn potentially catastrophic consequences. Their first stop is 1942 to protect Albert Einstein from being kidnapped before the Nazis destroy New York City with a nuclear bomb.  Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) notices that Sara (Caity Lotz) has a mission of her own, which leads them both to face her nemesis, Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough).  Victor Garber, Arthur Darvill, Dominic Purcell and Franz Drameh also star. Dermot Downs directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Phil Klemmer and Greg Berlanti & Chris Fedak (#201).  Original airdate 10/13/2016.

SOURCE:

The CW

Edited by Sakura12

I like the poster. I think it looks good. Even Ray's big head doesn't bother me. It feels somewhat symmetrical even though size is disproportional. I think he takes up about the same space as SL - except you see her whole body, whereas you just see Ray's head. Either way, their best poster to date IMO.

• Love 1

Comic Book TV Show Fall 2016 Power Rankings: Week 1

8) Legends of Tomorrow

Another CW superhero show that had an uneven season last year, Legends of Tomorrow is adding the Justice Society of America to its cast this year. While we're always happy to see more of our favorite superheroes on television, Legends already had a crowded cast and we're not sure more cast members was the solution to that.

If the JSA wasn't enough, this season will also feature the Legion of Doom, a collection of the Arrowverse's greatest villains, and the threat of a Thanagarian invasion to keep Rip and his team busy. 

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/24/comic-book-tv-show-fall-2016-power-rankings-week-1-/8

The show only added 2 regulars, far less for an ensemble. Urgh the media sometimes!

Season 1 wasnt perfect but still did well for a freshman show, they will be even better this year!

Edited by DCLeague
  • Love 1