Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

I don't know even though Sara doesn't want too or like to kill, she is someone that will kill if necessary and I would think Vandal Savage is a necessary kill. 

Although that other interview with MG said that the most interesting and surprising relationship that's developed during the episodes is between Rip and Sara.. I could see him initially choosing Sara for her assassin skills then get to know her and want to help her instead. 

There's no plan to return them to their sister shows any time soon.

The fact of the matter is by the nature of that, they don't have any opportunity to interact with the characters of Flash and Arrow as far as Season 2 of Flash and Season 4 of Arrow are concerned,

Best news I've heard all day. No Laurel on LoT (besides the pilot)! Sorry, Arrow you're stuck with her.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Early ratings. 2.3/ 4

Which is not bad, I never expected it to better than the Flash (who is an established character in the comics). These are just characters from other show. It's an average start. 

• Love 2

I'm happy with the ratings. I wasn't expecting it to blow anything away. These are unknown characters from another show. The next few weeks will be the real test. I think it's perfect to be paired with The 100. 

• Love 1

I think it will be fine if it can keep steady at 0.9/0.8. 

While the Flash had the highest ratings of any CW show, it had a huge drop from episode one of a 1.9 to a 1.7 for episode 2 to what it's holding steady at 1.4. 

Part of the problem I think, was that the pilot 1 & 2 were also Hawk heavy. There was good stuff, but maybe some people tuned out because of them. I think episode 3 was way better and I hope a lot of people whose "ratings" didn't count still recorded it and will watch after the positive response. Maybe they will be back next week.

• Love 2

Part of the problem I think, was that the pilot 1 & 2 were also Hawk heavy. There was good stuff, but maybe some people tuned out because of them. I think episode 3 was way better and I hope a lot of people whose "ratings" didn't count still recorded it and will watch after the positive response. Maybe they will be back next week.

I agree. The Hawks have been a drag on this whole concept since the crossover. They just don't work. I lay the blame for that firmly at the feet of TPTB. They've got a long history pushing stories and characters that don't work out of sheer stubborn ego.

All the other characters are fantastic; particularly Sara, the Rogues, Rip and Stein. I hope that people give it a chance.

• Love 2

The Hawks are the most "famous" as comic characters. That is why we have been heavy with them. Then Hawkman was killed off.  So those that liked Hawkman plus those who aren't a fan of the Hawks knowing that the Hawks are linked to the big bad, It's not shocking the ratings were lower this week. The 3rd episode was the best of the 3. So here's hoping for at least similar ratings going forward.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

Neilson families are the only people who matter anyway right?

Essentially; the Nielsen company monitors what they watch and then extrapolates to the overall population.  If you're part of the sample, you're aware of it.

I believe out of all of the networks, the CW utilizes & mines viewership data from other sources like DVR, streaming, downloads, twitter, etc. So if LoT is doing well in those areas, I think we will be ok for another season. I know LoT is very expensive, so they need to clear that profit margin. I do think the show is still finding its groove - so it might take a little while to find its audience. I do think being so Hawk-heavy in the beginning hurt them.

I hate it when my favourite shows don't do well in the ratings game - unfortunately it seems to happen a lot to me. (My heart bleeeeds for Agent Carter). But I think The CW might have a different strategy than most non-cable stations do - my Netflix has LoT already (the episode come on a week later than in the US, but still) and hopefully that'll play into consideration when it comes to reneval (the same goes for Agent Carter, but not for The Flash/Arrow/or SHIELD).

• Love 2

I just think the meltdowns about LOTs ratings across the net are very premature.

I hope you're right; I just really wanted it to do well (better, at least than Arrow, since it's newer) because I enjoy it so much and I really want a season two!

Ray's getting a love interest? Unless it's a one off that only leaves Sara (please, no) and Kendra (eh, don't really care). 

Although it does say "sparks" start to fly for Ray. So maybe he starts to fall for one of them and they are like, nope. If it is Sara, then almost everyone on that ship is attracted to her. Lol

Edited by Sakura12

It's probably Kendra since in episode 8, Ray plays house with her.

Ray's getting a love interest? Unless it's a one off that only leaves Sara (please, no) and Kendra (eh, don't really care). 

Although it does say "sparks" start to fly for Ray. So maybe he starts to fall for one of them and they are like, nope. If it is Sara, then almost everyone on that ship is attracted to her. Lol

Yeah, I might change my mind once I see the episode, but for right now I will second your "please no" in regards to Ray/Sara. :(

i could actually see Ray/Kendra in theory, bonding over their losses. But they haven't shared enough scenes yet, at least with Kendra conscious, for me to have an opinion beyond that.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

I think that after 5 episodes, it's safe to say there are no immediate plans for Ray/Sara (thank God!)

It's either Kendra or some new recurring character. Although I'd prefer the second, as I like Ray more than Kendra at this point (something I really didn't expect, but CR's acting leaves a lot to be desired).

On the other hand, the article has emphasized Ray and Sara's common reaction to the Future!Starling City, so my fears aren't gone completely, yet. I'm OK with Ray, but keep him away from her! He's too much of a puppy.

Edited by FurryFury