Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

I kinda gotta agree with my girl Zari though: One bathroomAmong 7-8 people?! What the hell do they do when Mick's hogging it after a bender - drag him out and make him use a bucket? No wonder Stein wants to get out of there; the bladder gets weaker as one ages!!

Although I suppose one bathroom doesn't necessarily mean one toilet. I now demand bathroom tete-a-tetes like in Ally Macbeal.

And does that mean there's only one place to shower?? Are they on a shower schedule as well as a chore schedule? I have so many questions!!

• Love 4

Sorry!  I haven't been keeping up with posting the ratings lately.  Here's the ratings season-to-date with preliminary ratings from last night.  On Halloween night and against Game 6 of the World Series, they did drop 0.1 in the demo, but considering The Flash dropped 0.3, I think the show did pretty well.

IMG_2339.PNG

Source:  SpottedRatings.com

Edited by Starfish35

Press release for Episode #307 "Welcome to the Jungle".

“Welcome to the Jungle” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

HEALING FROM THE PAST — With Sara (Caity Lotz) out of commission, the team finds a new Anachronism that leads them to the jungles of Vietnam and right in the middle of the war.  Ray (Brandon Routh), Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Zari (Tala Ashe) pose as journalists and trek through the jungle when they are lead to time-displaced Gorilla Grodd.  Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) run into someone Rory knows which give a glimpse into his past.  Victor Garber and Franz Drameh also star. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Tyron B. Carter (#307).  Original airdate 11/21/2017.

Source: SpoilerTV.com

I wonder why Sara will be out of commission?

8 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Will Apocalypse Now be the template for this one?

I'm kind of hoping for Good Morning, Vietnam.  Failing that, with Full Metal Jacket.  Bonus points if they get R. Lee Ermey to guest star.

• Love 1

This was posted in the Mind Your Surroundings thread by the ever diligent @tv echo. :) I thought some here who don't frequent that thread might find it interesting.

15 hours ago, tv echo said:

Exclusive: Get A Closer Look At Zari's 'Legends of Tomorrow' Totem
by Craig Byrne | October 31, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/31/exclusive-legends-of-tomorrow-image-get-a-closer-look-at-zaris-t/

The character of Zari Tomaz (Tala Ashe) was added to the cast of DC's Legends of Tomorrow last week, and with her came an item that has quite a history with comic book fans and fans of pop culture: her necklace or "totem" which calls back to the classic Secrets of Isis TV series.

ComicBook.com has been provided with an exclusive look the production art for the totem which can be seen on The CW TV series. The totem was designed by Ken Hawryliw with input by Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim.

"I was so excited," Guggenheim said of how he reacted when he first got a peek at the totem prop, which at first glance does resemble the item worn by actress Joanna Cameron on both her necklace and her tiara.

In the original TV series, Andrea Thomas would touch her amulet and call out for "oh mighty Isis" in order to change into the goddess and harness her power. The character made her major splash in DC Comics in 2006 as "Adrianna Tomaz" became Isis as part of the weekly comic book series 52. There, too, she had an amulet and was a female counterpoint to Black Adam. It should be noted that the Legends of Tomorrow character's full name was announced as Zari Adrianna Tomaz.

"Look: I make no secret of the fact that I loved the Shazam/Isis Hour from when I was growing up. It was very important to me that certain elements from the original Saturday morning show were reflected," Guggenheim stated at a Q&A last week.

In addition to the Shazam/Isis Hour, Isis and a version of her amulet were represented in the Smallville episode "Isis" where Lois Lane (Erica Durance) found herself possessed by the spirit of the goddess. Erica Cerra appeared briefly in that episode as Adrianna Tomaz.

legends-of-tomorrow-zari-totem-1047236.j 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

This sneak peek from tonight's episode was posted in the Mind Your Surroundings thread.

They usually do two and a producer preview, but I've been looking on YouTube and haven't found them yet.  If I do later, I will update.

• Love 1

Photos from #306 "Helen Hunt".  Source: DCLegendsTV.  (To see the actor/character credits for each pic, please go to the link.)

IMG_2343.JPG

IMG_2344.JPG

IMG_2346.JPG

IMG_2345.JPG

IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_2348.JPG

Above: "Pictured (L-R): Franz Drameh as Jefferson "Jax" Jackson and Celia Massingham as

Hedy Lamarr"

IMG_2349.JPG

IMG_2350.JPG

IMG_2351.JPG

Also available at the TVLine Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Gallery.

One note:  the DVLegendsTV site includes the actor/character credits for each photo.  The TVLine Gallery does not.

Edited by Starfish35
Added spoiler caption
  • Love 1

Maybe it's more comfortable? It's got to be easier to get into than the corseted version.

Something about it though....I'm still not sure I'm a fan.

Speaking of that! @tv echo just posted this over in the Mind Your Surroundings thread:

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I wasn't a huge fan of the top of the neckline. It felt a little too militaristic. The mock neck was a little too high for my taste. Overall, it wasn't bad it just wasn't as good as I think it could be.

I assumed it meant that she would get injured pretty badly in her most recent fight with Darhk, but I'm not sure what it would be that Gideon couldn't fix.  So maybe it's not a physical injury?  

Edited by Starfish35
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I hope they keep Jax as her second, however I would accept Mick since they are going into a warzone. 

I can't believe it'd be either Ray or Nate.  Stein proved early in Season 2 that he'd suck as a leader.  Zari is too new.  While the Legends accept Mick as a team member I don't think they'd follow him even as a temporary leader except under fairly specific short-term circumstances (as in the Al Capone episode from Season 2).  That's everyone except Jax and Amaya.  Of the two I'd lean toward Amaya being the leader.

• Love 1

If SL is just out of commission for a small amount of time, I would imagine that they will just be leaderless. For example, if it's just that she is temporarily sick or still needed in Star/Central City, then I can see them leading by consensus. If her out of commission is something bigger like a coma or capture, then I could see them electing/promoting her 2nd.

Stein will either be gone or has already proven not to be good at it.

Ray, Nate & Mick have never been shown to have leadership skills/desire.

Zari is too new to be the leader and I think she might have the rogue tendencies of Rip.

I think it will be down to Jax or Amaya, and honestly I would be happy with either of them as leader.

Jax and Amaya would be my picks for the Riker to Sara's Picard.

Actually, it'd be:

Sara = Picard (leadership)

Amaya = Riker (apprentice leader, practical experience)

Jax = Geordi (engineer)

Mick = Worf (weapons, security/protect the crew)

Ray = Data (technology, innovative thinking, innocent)

Stein = Crusher (fatherly demeanor, does medical stuff)

Nate = Troi (emotionally aware, stronger in humanities like art and history than science)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Sara = Picard (leadership)

Nope, the others can be Next Generation, but Sara is definitely Kirk.  Time-traveling bisexual Captain Kirk, whose multi-year mission is to seek out hot people in different time periods and do the nasty with them.

• Love 1

I'm glad Caity had this changed:

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/15/legends-of-tomorrow-star-caity-lotz-reveals-her-favorite-sara-la/

During a recent interview on the set of DC's Legends of Tomorrow, series star Caity Lotz revealed that this week's medically-induced coma for Sara Lance was almost a bigger cliffhanger: producers wanted the audience to see her for the last time with her eyes open, implying that she had died.

That wasn't going to fly with Lotz.

"I made a big thing because they wanted me to have my eyes open at the end like, 'Oh my God, Sarah is dead,'" Lotz said. "I was like 'Guys, we’ve done that way too many times.' So you can sleep well tonight knowing that I’m not dead."

More if you follow the link.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 4