Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

• Start Topic

Yes, the implication was that the reason Savage was chasing down Rip's son so specifically in the pilot is because he knew what Rip's family looked like and spent almost two centuries waiting to kill them.

Honestly, Rip is his own worst enemy. Trying to kill Savage way back in ancient Egypt put a target on his face, trying to kill him again later on and getting his watch stolen put the same target on his family, and recruiting these dysfunctional "Legends" has made every one of them (and potentially their families and friends as well) a target and given Savage access to, or at least awareness of, enhanced technology (Ray) and super powers (Firesform) he can use to take over the world.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 2

I keep ready speculative comments about how Chronos is going to turn out to be Heatwave? Or the current version of Chronos is heatwave? What do we know of Chronos to make people think this-or is it comic related? I find the idea cool but I'm not sure where it's coming from. I asked in a few comment sections of articles but no replies yet. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

I keep ready speculative comments about how Chronos is going to turn out to be Heatwave? Or the current version of Chronos is heatwave? What do we know of Chronos to make people think this-or is it comic related? I find the idea cool but I'm not sure where it's coming from. I asked in a few comment sections of articles but no replies yet. 

I don't know what there is to make us think that, but it is the feeling I got at the end of the last episode.

I could see the Time Masters, who seem to be pricks, noticing Hunter dropping Mick off somewhere and deciding to use him to get him and/or the ship back. And Mick would probably jump at the chance, though I bet he'd miss his old gun.

• Love 3

For Season 2, maybe instead of one Big Bad, the show could do a villain/mission-of-the-week format. Maybe once the save the world from Savage, Rip would get to go on some officially sanctioned missions.

Or just a better season-long villain. How many time travelling villains are there from the DC universe? The thing is, I bet most of those are connected to the Flash, so they would get used on that show instead of here.

• Love 1

I was catching up on old The 100 episodes and kept catching the last few minutes from previous episodes. And by golly, I miss this show. Thank goodness it comes back on the 31st. Five more days.

I really wonder about how much Sara, Ray and Kendra will have changed in the time lapse. Sara in particular. Will she be someone we've never known? Will she be more in control? Will Ra's be a better villain on LoT than he was Arrow? Have Kendra and Ray broken up or grown closer? These are questions I want to know the answers for.

• Love 1

I'm thinking we'll see AssassinSara, where she pushed down all her emotions to become a hardened killer. That's a Sara we haven't seen before. No matter how many times Arrow tried to tell us Sara had no light in her, she did. Especially for women in trouble. I am interested in seeing her in the league environment. 

I wonder how Team Legends gets her back? Do they know her well enough to reach that part of her? Did Sara bond with Ray or Kendra in their time together before she left for the League? 

I know it's not very likely but I want to see what Ra's and Sara's relationship was like the first time she joined the LOA. He had to know her fairly well since she was dating his daughter, even if he didn't like them together.

Edited by Sakura12

I have to wonder if Sara introduces herself when she rejoins the League. I doubt she'll tell Ra's she is from forty-something years in the future, even he might find that a little hard to believe, but if she has to prove herself to gain membership he should be able to recognize her fighting style and if she tells him her name is Sara Lance I would think he'd remember it when he meets her again. Though, if that's the case, it might explain why he apparently let some random girl both join the League and sleep with his daughter.

I wonder if they'll let Sara use another comic name as her fake name? Dinah Drake would be the most obvious one. This show is so surface level I highly doubt it would be anything other than a comic Easter egg and not have any kind of effect on her family. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I think Barry will make an appearance to help take down Vandal in or near the LoT finale. He is uniquely capable to travel to other times unlike OQ, whom they have to visit in certain timelines. BA has the potential to travel to help out, plus Rip may have a pointer or two about how to take down Zoom. Also BA showing up in the LoT finale or at least 15th episode may encourage people to binge LoT, especially if BA has now gained more people from his Supergirl stint.

I speculated in the Arrow forum, that I wonder if LL might be part of the plan to take down VS, since she is the only person that had a sense of deja vu in the xover episode that introduced VS. It might not mean anything, but part of me thinks that it might be an important key or at least a result of the VS take-down. Otherwise, why did the writers make an effort to have her be the only one with deja vu. Although how they would write it in, I'm still a little blank on at the moment. Paps have released Flash

photos that indicate KC is set to guest on that show, which made me think it might be connected

to BA possibly coming to help out the LoT team, but they might be totally unrelated, esp since e1 characters do not share memories with e2 characters.

• Love 1

Thinking about Sara's no longer private mission to find Darhk and kill him to save Laurel, I'm thinking that she has to fail.  Not just because without Darhk, so many things get negated over on Arrow, but because he'll end up having an important role in history and killing him in the past will make things worse.  I don't have any spec on how he could have that kind of effect, but I do think it will be key to stopping Sara's quest for revenge.  The potential for Sara's story this season is pretty great and her eventual realization that she can't save Laurel should be amazing characterization. 

The best part is that I think she'll do it without actually making major changes to history or ruining lives, Barry.  That's right, I still haven't forgotten about you!

Now that Season 2 is finished and they'll most likely fix whatever mess they landed in the finale sooner rather than later because they don't have the budget to keep dinosaurs around. What time periods do you want the Legends to visit and what historical figures/authors/directors should they meet next?

I want them to go way back into the past, maybe Ancient Greece? They can go mess up Plato's philosophy's and I would love to see Mick in a toga and Sara fighting some gladiators.  As for authors, how about Ian Fleming, we know Ray would probably geek out about James Bond. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Now that Season 2 is finished and they'll most likely fix whatever mess they landed in the finale sooner rather than later because they don't have the budget to keep dinosaurs around. What time periods do you want the Legends to visit and what historical figures/authors/directors should they meet next?

I want them to go way back into the past, maybe Ancient Greece? They can go mess up Plato's philosophy's and I would love to see Mick in a toga and Sara fighting some gladiators.  As for authors, how about Ian Fleming, we know Ray would probably geek out about James Bond. 

Only if they get Sean McGuire to play him.

How would Ancient Greece work with the language barrier?  Does Nate speak Ancient -- or even Modern -- Greek?  Or does Gideon have a kind of universal translator function?

12 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

How would Ancient Greece work with the language barrier?  Does Nate speak Ancient -- or even Modern -- Greek?  Or does Gideon have a kind of universal translator function?

There is a pill that they can take which would allow them to understand and speak any language they want.

• Love 1
Just now, lurker22 said:

There is a pill that they can take which would allow them to understand and speak any language they want.

Thanks. That explains why they had no trouble communicating in Anglo-Saxon in Camelot (English hadn't even reached the Old English period of development yet) or with the Germans in German in 1916 France.

10 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Only if they get Sean McGuire to play him.

They have those pills to swallow. I assume they can fix dialects and time period differences in the language.

Sean McGuire did make an amazing Bond in Timeless.

Which brings me to my biggest & unrealistic request. I would like the writers of Timeless & LoT to get together and either create a bigger deal of the fact that they legit cover the same time periods & historical figures - or make it so they call dibs on events, so that fans of both shows do not feel like they are watching the same time periods & plots unfold in front of them.

Ancient times would be nice. Some of their powers could get perceived as power from the Gods or Mythology.

I would like to see them spend longer in a time period. Rather than just a one in done in the time period. I enjoyed spending multiple weeks in WWI. They could find another good time and stay there for a bit. 1930-40s seem ripe with potential. But so far, I've liked the way they have covered the variety of time periods & genres. I also have enjoyed that they attach it to either history or pop culture.

I would also like to see them in the future and realize they made mistakes that need to be fixed.

It might be out of their creative grasp, but I would like to see them perhaps have some more conspiracies behind it like the Time Masters intentionally manipulating time. I liked the Cat & Mouse of Legions. But it would have been cool if there are more people that know about time travel than just the Legends.

Here's my last crazy specualtion/wish - considering how much of a fan MG is of Billy Joel. I would like to see at least one episode or arc be devoted to the events of "We Didn't Start the Fire", if they are able to get the rights to it.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, kismet said:

Which brings me to my biggest & unrealistic request. I would like the writers of Timeless & LoT to get together and either create a bigger deal of the fact that they legit cover the same time periods & historical figures - or make it so they call dibs on events, so that fans of both shows do not feel like they are watching the same time periods & plots unfold in front of them.

Throw Making History into that mix.  I get that in some ways it's supposed to be a parody/satire of Timeless and Legends, but its characters have also interacted with some of the same historical characters and settings that those two shows have (and it's even ripped off Barry Allen's attempt to change his own history by having one of its characters try the same thing, with results that, while not as catastrophic as Flashpoint, still drove home the same lesson that Timeless, Legends, and The Flash have -- namely, that when you try to play God with the timeline, there's always going to be Hell to pay afterwards).  How many times do we really need to see Al Capone or German Nazis in the same year, anyway?

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

Throw Making History into that mix.  I get that in some ways it's supposed to be a parody/satire of Timeless and Legends, but its characters have also interacted with some of the same historical characters and settings that those two shows have (and it's even ripped off Barry Allen's attempt to change his own history by having one of its characters try the same thing, with results that, while not as catastrophic as Flashpoint, still drove home the same lesson that Timeless, Legends, and The Flash have -- namely, that when you try to play God with the timeline, there's always going to be Hell to pay afterwards).  How many times do we really need to see Al Capone or German Nazis in the same year, anyway?

Is Making History good? Was curious about it. It really was ridiculous watching the same historical figures act out similar plot lines in each show just a few weeks apart. Fans could probably write a compare and contrast essays on the shows. The blatant cross coverage & repetitive time periods I think it even made TVline's questions of the weeks.

Honestly, back to speculation for next season - At this point I'm kind of desiring a Bill & Ted Excellent Adventure Homage. We have seen the Legends out of Time, but can you imagine if they took historical figure out of time and watched them do stuff completely out of time. Especially now that we can erase their memories should it threaten the fabric of time that a young Tolkien stumbled upon a LOTR DVD.

• Love 1

My only objection to a Bill and Ted style adventure would be that you know it'd be Ray/Nate centric and I've honestly had enough of that pairing. Let Nate go be with Amaya - Ray has enough work ahead of him breaking down Mick's defenses.

I vote for an episode where the men all have to go undercover as Chippendale dancers.

And more singing!

• Love 1

My spec is that the team will discover that Rip is tied to the Waverider.  He can leave it as long as he intends to return, but when he leaves it with the intention of making a new home elsewhere, it causes the Time Weather we saw in the finale.  He's now a man without his own time, making his very presence a risk to the rest of the timeline, and so the ship is the safest place for him.  This is how they get him to return to the team.  He has to stay with the Waverider or time itself will continue to fold in on itself.  Oh, and he always intended to return to the ship when he went to split the Spear, hence no shenanigans when he was Filmmaker Guy. 

I'm still tired of Nate so I'd love it if he gets killed off or dumped early in the season. 

I also want more Snart.  Not sure how they could pull it off with Miller not wanting to be a regular but surely they could think of something. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

My spec is that the team will discover that Rip is tied to the Waverider.  He can leave it as long as he intends to return, but when he leaves it with the intention of making a new home elsewhere, it causes the Time Weather we saw in the finale.  He's now a man without his own time, making his very presence a risk to the rest of the timeline, and so the ship is the safest place for him.

Rip actually does have his own time (he's from the mid-22nd Century, if I remember correctly), but he's got no reason to go back there because there's nothing there for him anymore.  Waverider is his true home now, and he does have that bond with Gideon which I would like to see the show explore in more detail next season.  But taking a break now to get his head on straight and figure out how he can best fit in with the rest of the team is something he really needs to do for the team as well as for himself, so I'm good with his temporary departure.

6 hours ago, kismet said:

Is Making History good? Was curious about it. It really was ridiculous watching the same historical figures act out similar plot lines in each show just a few weeks apart. Fans could probably write a compare and contrast essays on the shows. The blatant cross coverage & repetitive time periods I think it even made TVline's questions of the weeks.

Honestly, back to speculation for next season - At this point I'm kind of desiring a Bill & Ted Excellent Adventure Homage. We have seen the Legends out of Time, but can you imagine if they took historical figure out of time and watched them do stuff completely out of time. Especially now that we can erase their memories should it threaten the fabric of time that a young Tolkien stumbled upon a LOTR DVD.

If you want a Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure homage, then you should definitely check out Making History.  I myself think of it as a cross between Timeless and that movie.

• Love 2

LoT is the only time travel show that I watch so I don't care if other shows have the same time periods. Plus they will all most likely go to the time periods that everyone is familiar with. However I'd rather they go to the Ancient past or far Future, let's meet Cleopatra or Alexander the Great or actually see the year 3000. Meeting Shakespeare on Doctor Who was one of my favorite episodes, although I don't think this show could do him justice. Different planets would be fun too. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, kismet said:

Here's my last crazy specualtion/wish - considering how much of a fan MG is of Billy Joel. I would like to see at least one episode or arc be devoted to the events of "We Didn't Start the Fire", if they are able to get the rights to it.

It's a great song, but it pretty much covers everything from the end of WWII to the end of Reagan's second term.  For a show who's entertainment value is based around traveling the scope of history, confining themselves to the Cold War era for a substantial part of the season would probably turn out boring.

13 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

My only objection to a Bill and Ted style adventure would be that you know it'd be Ray/Nate centric and I've honestly had enough of that pairing. Let Nate go be with Amaya - Ray has enough work ahead of him breaking down Mick's defenses.

I vote for an episode where the men all have to go undercover as Chippendale dancers.

And more singing!

I don't know... I think we could see a different pairing run that adventure. I don't really see Ray as a Bill & Ted Fan. I could see Jax doing it with someone, perhaps Mick who is a secret film buff. But I definitely don't need to see Mick be front & center in that plot.

While I usually find the Chippendales funny, not sure I want to see the Legends shirtless dancing. Can we make it a crossover so I get OQ & Dig on stage too? Now that would be visually appealing,

I do think more singing is fun. I don't want HawkGirl back full time or even part time.  But I'm still mad at the show for casting a Broadway singer and not finding one part of an episode that they could show off her singing ability.

12 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

My spec is that the team will discover that Rip is tied to the Waverider.  He can leave it as long as he intends to return, but when he leaves it with the intention of making a new home elsewhere, it causes the Time Weather we saw in the finale.  He's now a man without his own time, making his very presence a risk to the rest of the timeline, and so the ship is the safest place for him.  This is how they get him to return to the team.  He has to stay with the Waverider or time itself will continue to fold in on itself.  Oh, and he always intended to return to the ship when he went to split the Spear, hence no shenanigans when he was Filmmaker Guy. 

I'm still tired of Nate so I'd love it if he gets killed off or dumped early in the season. 

I also want more Snart.  Not sure how they could pull it off with Miller not wanting to be a regular but surely they could think of something. 

Perhaps hologram of one liners or inspirational speeches. WM could film it in a few days and the show could insert it whenever someone needs a pick me up from s1 Snart. Not s2 Snart, he can stay in his own timeline.

Like your spec about Rip, that makes sense and gives a good reason to keep Rip on the ship.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MarkHB said:

It's a great song, but it pretty much covers everything from the end of WWII to the end of Reagan's second term.  For a show who's entertainment value is based around traveling the scope of history, confining themselves to the Cold War era for a substantial part of the season would probably turn out boring.

I disagree. The Cold War has proven to be very entertaining across a broad variety of genres. Do I want them to stay there all season or have it be the driving story arc, no. But having one of the Legends jamming out to the song and realizing the lyrics are all messed up and need fixing well that sounds interesting to me for 13- episodes. Similar to how they paid homage to George Lucas this year.

(edited)

Maybe we can ditch Nate and bring Sara's mom along, isn't she a History Professor? 

Of course we'd need Rip to come back so we can compete the Doctor Who to the Arrowverse circle. 

Edited by Sakura12
15 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

LoT is the only time travel show that I watch so I don't care if other shows have the same time periods.

You should check out 12 Monkeys, which the more serious version of what happens when time gets deeply screwed with.

9 hours ago, johntfs said:

You should check out 12 Monkeys, which the more serious version of what happens when time gets deeply screwed with.

12 monkeys is so good!! Can't believe I have to wait until June to see it. But at least it got another season. Interestingly, I just saw the original movie the other night. And while I enjoyed it, I definitely enjoy the TV series better.

Just now, kismet said:

12 monkeys is so good!! Can't believe I have to wait until June to see it. But at least it got another season. Interestingly, I just saw the original movie the other night. And while I enjoyed it, I definitely enjoy the TV series better.

You might want to recheck that.  According to what I've heard the entire third season is going to be marathoned May 19-21 with 3-4 episode each night.

1 minute ago, johntfs said:

You might want to recheck that.  According to what I've heard the entire third season is going to be marathoned May 19-21 with 3-4 episode each night.

Thanks! I think I might have confused it with Orphan Black which is a June premiere/finale date. Checked for both return dates around the same time.

Deadline reports that "Season 3 will bow in May, with all 10 episodes will air over three consecutive nights, and it has been renewed for a 10-episode fourth season likely in 2018, which will be its last."

So we will get at least 2 more seasons. I tended to binge the show anyway so this works out for me.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/12-monkeys-renewed-final-season-premiere-date-binge-1202044781/

Maybe they could bring in another Time Master who's a little... unstable from the Time screwery.  Most I just want an excuse to bring in Emily Hampshire from 12 Monkeys channeling full dose of Jennifer Goines crazy.

• Love 1

I'm kind of hoping to see some of the fallout of Rip and the Legends unilaterally deciding to wipe out the Time Masters and the Occulus. Sure, WE know what and why, but any other Time Masters who were not there (and may not have been involved in the conspiracy with Savage), or individual captains like Rip might see the Legends, and their screwing around with Time on their own, as a threat.

• Love 1

Resurrecting this old thread for some non-spoiler based speculation.  Now that it's been officially announced that Keiynan Lonsdale (Wally West) is joining the cast, who will take the second place? 

My bet is on Ava Sharpe.  It's not my personal favorite choice, but I think that's the way they're going.  However, some comments elsewhere led me to speculate about another possibility. 

What about Dr. Light?  In the Arrowverse, Dr. Light is the Earth-2 doppelgänger of Earth-1's Linda Park.  She is still, as far as I know, at large somewhere on Earth-1 after escaping from the pipeline.  In the comics, Linda Park is Wally's wife.  So this might be a good time to bring her on.  And with the just-announced cancellation of The Shannara Chronicles, Malese Jow might be available.

I don't know - what do you all think?  It's some wild speculation, but it might be interesting. 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

I've been a Malese Jow fan since she played Anna on the Vampire Diaries, so I'd love to have her on Legends. I'd also love to have an Asian on the show. The Earth 2 version works better since she didn't date Barry. She's also get along with Mick since she was robbing banks on her Earth. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

I hope it's not Ava. She can stay in the time bureau. I'm Hoping they leave it Vacant until next season. Then instead of killing/kicking someone off, they can just add a new character. Or they can bring back Jax. 

• Love 1

Wally's introduction, along with both Constantine and Leo appearing for short-term arcs, is quite a bit of cast rotation after having just lost two long-timers. So my spec is that Wally will be the only official new Legend this season. Maybe in the finale they'll set up for one of the recurring characters to join (or rejoin - my personal pick would be Rip. More Arthur Darvill!) but I'm thinking that dealing with the loss of Martin and Jax, and settling Wally in, will be enough change-ups for the season. All speculation of course. Knowing this show they'll probably come up with some ridiculous bullshit story which will be all kinds of awesome!

• Love 2

I would love to have Rip back, but I'm not sure if AD even wants to be full-time anymore.

But yeah, they may leave it vacant until next season.   They've still got to resolve the issue of Amaya's future, and that may involve her leaving at the end of the season, as much as I hate to think it.

Now that it's been mentioned though, do any of the Arrowverse shows have an Asian regular character?  

• Love 3

At the moment, no.  However I think Black Lightening may have an Asian recurring character if we go by the cast list on IMDB. Marvel is much more diverse on their shows. 

Edited by Sakura12
16 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I would love to have Rip back, but I'm not sure if AD even wants to be full-time anymore.

I seriously doubt that he does, he seems to be very busy with other projects. But I'm happy to have however much of him we can get, and since this is the speculation thread I figured there's no harm wishing, right? ;)

• Love 1
15 hours ago, tarotx said:

Arrow Flashbacks had major Asian characters the first 3 seasons, but no major ones since in all the Arrowverse. 

Speaking of which, they did a pretty decent Katana...  I can think of several reasons they might not use her (maybe off limits for Suicide Squad 2, maybe too similar in skill set to Sara), but I wouldn't mind having her on the ship.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

And, if they really want to bring on someone 100% new to the Arrowverse, they can always give us:

zatanna.gif

Which would be interesting since in the comics, she has a history with John Constantine.  Moreover, her rather formidable powers would go a long way towards leveling the playing field against Damien and Nora Dahrk.

• Love 1