Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Shelli (to Jason):  "You get to go home and watch Big Brother."   

I mean... damn.  LOL.  I'm so glad he's going, both his gameplay and personality sucked majorly.  Congrats to him, I guess, for being one of the most "likable" yet overrated houseguests to appear on this show.    

Edited by Nite Ryder
  • Love 7
(edited)

Shelli over here fake crying... she wants to secure her jury votes... still

Jason called her out on physically trying to force out the tears after she was done talking to him.  A rare awesome moment from Jason.

He totally hates her now.  He's not buying a thing she's trying to sell.

In essence, her spiel to Jason was basically that he is in fact going home on Thursday and that he should accept that.  He'll be watching the show at home like he always does every summer.  But she wrapped it up in as pretty of a package as she'd know how to do so.

But as I said . . . Jason didn't buy one word of it.

And I'm back to feeling no sympathy for Jason's impending exit.

Steve walked by, and Jason said, "I said I didn't want to be stuck in the jury house with him!  SILVER LINING!"

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 12

Jason is so sad. I mean, I do feel a little sorry for him but... I expected so much more of him as a player. He was entirely too comfortable in this house until a few hours ago.

• Love 7

I wouldn't be totally opposed to,Jason going to jury for the stipend. He's in a deadens job (all his fault) but I'm sure that extra money would be a big help. Maybe, they'll start jury early for a twist for a season that hasn't been as twisty as Julie claimed it would be.

• Love 1

I wouldn't be totally opposed to,Jason going to jury for the stipend. He's in a deadens job (all his fault) but I'm sure that extra money would be a big help. Maybe, they'll start jury early for a twist for a season that hasn't been as twisty as Julie claimed it would be.

The twins are the twist this week. Not mention it's 9 people to the jury. Hes gone.

• Love 2

Steve walked by, and Jason said, "I said I didn't want to be stuck in the jury house with him!  SILVER LINING!"

Perfect. Thanks, Donny.  Good to be reminded. 

• Love 10

Well, I hope Austin and his "number" was worth it, because although they still are probably sitting pretty for a few weeks, because of the fucking BoB, Vanessa and Shelli did nothing to help their game this week (They are the only serious players on their 'side' at this point, so I won't talk about the others). The fact is, Austin did lie and hide things from them, and is a nutter who is willing to throw away his game for Liz. And by keeping him, they made a bunch of passive sheep (not Jackie, I refuse to consider her a sheep) wake up and finally see the huge clue.

Shelli had a bunch of people thinking they were working with her and Clay, and now by trying to be innocent in the whole thing, she's the devil. Vanessa could have had an easy week, continue to build bonds with the other side, and instead she has to sit back at the next HOH and stress over who to suck up to. I do love the fact that Shelli, Clay and Vanessa could never quite get on the same page, so kept digging their grave by giving different stories to people. You would think coming up with a cohesive, believable story would have been a good use of their time instead of coming up with ridiculous reasons to backdoor someone.

And I'm pissed that Julia isn't coming back until Thursday, at least by what I've read. Somehow, I don't think she'd be particularly happy about this. She sees Austin for who he is - a crazy douchebag who totally wants to separate her from his true love. This screws her over, too.

• Love 16

Well, I hope Austin and his "number" was worth it, because although they still are probably sitting pretty for a few weeks, because of the fucking BoB, Vanessa and Shelli did nothing to help their game this week (They are the only serious players on their 'side' at this point, so I won't talk about the others). The fact is, Austin did lie and hide things from them, and is a nutter who is willing to throw away his game for Liz. And by keeping him, they made a bunch of passive sheep (not Jackie, I refuse to consider her a sheep) wake up and finally see the huge clue.

Shelli had a bunch of people thinking they were working with her and Clay, and now by trying to be innocent in the whole thing, she's the devil. Vanessa could have had an easy week, continue to build bonds with the other side, and instead she has to sit back at the next HOH and stress over who to suck up to. I do love the fact that Shelli, Clay and Vanessa could never quite get on the same page, so kept digging their grave by giving different stories to people. You would think coming up with a cohesive, believable story would have been a good use of their time instead of coming up with ridiculous reasons to backdoor someone.

And I'm pissed that Julia isn't coming back until Thursday, at least by what I've read. Somehow, I don't think she'd be particularly happy about this. She sees Austin for who he is - a crazy douchebag who totally wants to separate her from his true love. This screws her over, too.

I'm sorry for posting just to say "I concur".... but I CONCUR.  I got nothing else.

• Love 9
(edited)

Word, sentence, and paragraph, @Katesus7.  Vanessa, Shelli, and, despite your exclusion of him, Clay certainly played this week terribly.  Obviously, Vanessa and Shelli were the ones to lead the charge in it, but Clay did nothing to stop them, and as a result, their games are shot.  They haven't been totally trashed, but they've definitely been badly damaged going forward.  Fewer people trust them now.  They can't make any more side deals and are more or less stuck with one another.

And to think.  All it took was everyone daring not to cheer for Clay in the Veto Competition this week to get the ball rolling for all of this!

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 10

Obviously, Vanessa and Shelli were the ones to lead the charge in it, but Clay did nothing to stop them

In fairness, I'm not sure Clay has had an independent thought this entire season.  I don't see that changing anytime soon, which is why (unless they continue to win HOH every week) Shelli and Vanessa will be bigger targets and go before him.  

Ugh.  I'm calling it now.  Because of this week Steve will coast to the final 3.  I don't even mind Steve as a person but he's terrible at this game.  And Austin will stick around far longer than I will be able to stand.  Unless Julia takes him out.  Which I would LOVE to see, and might make the fact that we're stuck with him for now worth it.  

• Love 11

Ugh.  I'm calling it now.  Because of this week Steve will coast to the final 3.  I don't even mind Steve as a person but he's terrible at this game.

Agreed.  I know the general idea of the game is to not get evicted, but Steve's avoiding that in spite of himself, not because of it.  I'd rather see him do some actual gaming to make him deserving of getting far.  But as of now . . . he just doesn't deserve it at all.

• Love 7

I'm actually looking forward to the Julia vs. Austin showdown when she arrives full time. You know it will happen. She already hates him, and she has such a strong direct personality that's very different from Liz's whiny princess schtick. Julia is also close with the outsiders while Liz whines about how she has to taaaaaalk to them and she haaaaaaates them. It's actually cool that they found twins who had very different lifestyles and personalities and both will be in the game. 

• Love 15

I'm actually looking forward to the Julia vs. Austin showdown when she arrives full time. You know it will happen. She already hates him, and she has such a strong direct personality that's very different from Liz's whiny princess schtick. Julia is also close with the outsiders while Liz whines about how she has to taaaaaalk to them and she haaaaaaates them. It's actually cool that they found twins who had very different lifestyles and personalities and both will be in the game.

Julia also hates Clay (and Liz isn't too fond of him, either), so that might also help out the outsiders.

• Love 5

The twins hate Clay? That's another point in their favor. 

But really, it's going to be fun to see the dynamic play out live. I agree it's good that they got two twins who seem pretty different over Natalie/Adria who almost seemed like they could have been two people playing as one amorphous blob. These two are obviously going to have different views on how to move forward. It's such an interesting relationship to have inserted into the Big Brother house near the mid-way point. 

And I'm really glad they were discovered, I think we got a lot more entertainment out of people finding out gradually than if we have gotten one big reveal like season five. Although there's going to be about zero suspense on Thursday.  

• Love 10

Liz doesn't trust Shelli & Clay, she was trying to lead Vanessa to realizing that they were out for themselves when it came to their wanting Austin up and their trying to play all sides of the house.

• Love 6
But really, it's going to be fun to see the dynamic play out live. I agree it's good that they got two twins who seem pretty different over Natalie/Adria who almost seemed like they could have been two people playing as one amorphous blob. These two are obviously going to have different views on how to move forward. It's such an interesting relationship to have inserted into the Big Brother house near the mid-way point. 

And I'm really glad they were discovered, I think we got a lot more entertainment out of people finding out gradually than if we have gotten one big reveal like season five. Although there's going to be about zero suspense on Thursday.  

Zero suspense?  Aren't John, Becky, and Jackie still in the dark about them?

• Love 3

I see Meg getting dragged to the end over Steve. She is pretty much Victoria Lite. Doesn't win comps, will spend most of her time in bed, easy person to nominate every week opposite the target. 

I would think if Meg won HOH she would gain major confidence and power. She would likely target for the people who wronged Jason. At least, it would mix up the game a bit if she was HOH.

Flashed back to the convo in the hammock room with Jason/Meg/Jackie/James from earlier this afternoon. One thing I didn't see mentioned in any of the updates is Jason saying he knew Shelli was fake the first week and wanted to target her but Audrey talked him out of it. We don't know what happened because the feeds weren't on, but Audrey always claimed she saved Shelli that week. I just assumed that was one of Audrey's stories, but wow. How different the game could be right now if Shelli went week 1. Damn.

Vanessa: Liz doesn't like Jason. She's a very funny person.

Jackie: Liz doesn't like me either.

Jackie in full don't give a fuck mode.

I would think if Meg won HOH she would gain major confidence and power. She would likely target for the people who wronged Jason. At least, it would mix up the game a bit if she was HOH.

I'd hope so but I could see her getting bamboozled like Nicole did last season.

• Love 7

Most places I've gone, Clay is more disliked than liked by the fans.  Even his prettiness can't cover up how dumb he often comes off, I guess.

From everything I have read on here Clay seems to be really dumb.  But then I watch the show and it says he is a graduate student.  That has me confused...

In fairness, I'm not sure Clay has had an independent thought this entire season.  I don't see that changing anytime soon, which is why (unless they continue to win HOH every week) Shelli and Vanessa will be bigger targets and go before him.  

Ugh.  I'm calling it now.  Because of this week Steve will coast to the final 3.  I don't even mind Steve as a person but he's terrible at this game.  And Austin will stick around far longer than I will be able to stand.  Unless Julia takes him out.  Which I would LOVE to see, and might make the fact that we're stuck with him for now worth it.  

So you're saying he'll Jerry his way to the final three.

• Love 1

Okay, I've griped about Vanessa for the last couple of days, but I do like her relationship with Steve.  Tonight they've been talking for awhile beyond game and it's nice to see Steve actually out of his shell. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Gracias!

Youre welcome

----

I really liked the Freaks and Geeks talk. Some was game talk but mostly General talk about the past seasons.

Steve said he was a Zach and Kail fan from BB8. But keep in mind he was in 7th or 8rh grade.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

I am so happy Shelli and Clay was exposed. They tried to play both sides and got caught. They are not smart strategics if they didn't realize with this move they had to pick a side. Vanessa even told them. They should have just fessed up after the veto ceremony instead of lie. Now they are moving up the ranks on being a target over Vanessa. I think Vanessa came out of this a lot better than them, even to Jason because he can see Vanessa's reasoning and she wasn't two-facing him the whole game.

Still rooting for Vanessa and Steve.

• Love 5
I am surprised by how hated Clay is by the online fans. Normally his type is a fave.

Happy that online fans are as sick of WGWA (White Guys With Alliances) as I am.

• Love 12
(edited)

I was mildly amused, last night on BBAD, to see Clay and Shelli almost comatose on the BY round couch, with a "LIVE" sign over them on my screen.  I'd like to think someone in production has a sense of irony. Production, or whoever it is that planted that little notice on my screen.  Kind of reminds me of going to a zoo and standing in front of a cage, hoping a sleeping animal would finally wake up and do something.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 1
(edited)

5:18 AM Jason: Last season was big alliance so this season people are afraid to be in big alliances. There are no groups this year.

Even after they all know that Clay/Shelli are liars and run this game, and even after they figured it out yesterday in the hammock room, it still hasn't sunk in that there IS a big alliance. 

And because of this, Jason now thinks that if they take Shelli out, all their alliances will disintegrate. So, he really has no clue that Austin/the Twins are aligned with Shelli, Clay, and Vanessa. It seems like he thinks there's Shelli/Clay/Vanessa as a threesome, and then Austin/Liz/Julia as a threesome. 

I hope this week is an endurance comp, because I'm not sure anyone would actually throw it, except maybe Johnny Mac. Everyone else wants and needs to win very badly.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1
(edited)

Even after they all know that Clay/Shelli are liars and run this game, and even after they figured it out yesterday in the hammock room, it still hasn't sunk in that there IS a big alliance.

I feel like the 6 person alliance could hold a house meeting, admit and diagram their alliance on a white board, and the rest of the hamsters would walk away saying, "Ben is Glory?" It's why I refuse to say Vanessa or Shelli or Clay played bad game this week, there is no playing bad game against hamsters so willfully encephalatically stupid.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 22

Austin getting on my last nerve.  He conveniently forgets how close he was to being backdoored.  Now it's all "Jason shouldn't have tried it, he is getting his now".  And now the twins aren't going to switch?  Ugh.

From everything I have read on here Clay seems to be really dumb.  But then I watch the show and it says he is a graduate student.  That has me confused...

No offense to anyone, but his graduate major is "sports management". 

• Love 4
(edited)

He played college football, and if you redshirt a year you are generally in school for 5-6 years.  A lot of athletes are able to stretch that out and go to grad school free of charge on their scholarships.  I'm sure that's how he did it.  I wouldn't put much stock into it unless it comes out that he's an economist of biochemical engineer.  

ETA: They will film Thursday's twin reveal like only the 6 person alliance knew (plus those in the Jason bathroom convo), and everyone else will have SHOCKED! looks on their face even though they all know.

Edited by Slider

In sports management.

I mean- it's a real degree for sure (I have a friend who did his exact same program); but it isn't exactly rocket science.

• Love 1

Via Jokers, James and Jason talking in the back yard:

07/28/15 06:18 AM
Jason and James were talking about there was the "old lady" who was in the space shuttle. Wonder why she wasn't cast. NT

07/28/15 06:19 AM
James: we were picked for a reason; Jason: that's why I can't say we're not lucky. James goes in to bed. NT

07/28/15 06:20 AM
Jason thanks live feeders for voting for the hula hoop. NT

07/28/15 06:20 AM
Jason says he's going to f*ck up the hula hoop on Thursday. "Thanks, live feeders, no twist but you gave us a hula hoop" NT

First question, does anyone know about a woman who was on the Space Shuttle being considered for BB?

Second question, what is this thing about live feeders providing a hula hoop to the hamsters?

First question, does anyone know about a woman who was on the Space Shuttle being considered for BB?

Second question, what is this thing about live feeders providing a hula hoop to the hamsters?

The live feeders vote this week on the feeds was to give them either a Hula Hoop or a Jump Rope

• Love 3
(edited)

I honestly think after this week Vanessa is going to get out of this unscathed. She for sure has Steve, Austin and a The Twins protecting her. Shelli & Clay have kinda been left out to dry.

I actually think this might have been the best move Vanessa could have made. Because now she's not even going to get blood on her hands when Shelli/Clay get evicted. James, Jackie, or Meg will do her dirty work for her. In all the discussions with Jason and the others on the outs, Vanessa's name has only been brought up as someone who's a side-piece of Shelli and Clay. Jason thinks once Shelli is evicted all of this Them vs. Us will disappear. 

So, basically this week, Vanessa 100% ensured that she has Austin + The Twins loyalty, she has Steve, she has a tentative alliance with Jackie (you don't target me, I won't target you) for the next 2 weeks, and she has the beginnings of an alliance with Becky (with Shelli and Clay). I think they'll use Vanessa as a Janelle-esque goat to put up when/if they win HOHs to get out bigger people, but she's not their target at all. They have bigger fish to fry with the pairs: Shelli/Clay, Austin/Liz, Liz/Julia.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

Jason complaining about how he is leaving before Johnny Mac who has only seen 2 seasons.

Jason doesn't get that how many seasons you've watched isn't a competition or part of the game. Johnny Mac's won a ton of comps already while Jason hasn't done anything. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't know who the woman is but they often talk about people that were at their final auditions. Sounds like they narrow the people down then bring in everyone in separate groups for the last stage. Jason and Davonne were in the same group so they knew each other before the show started.

Edited by Cutty

Jason doesn't get that how many seasons you've watched isn't a competition or part of the game. Johnny Mac's won a ton of comps already while Jason hasn't done anything. 

Yeah, Jason tanked his own game.

1) yammering nonstop about his superfan status

2) only hanging out with Day and Meg

3) blabbing about the twins to everyone

4) Trusting Shelli enough to bring a conversation he had with Austin to her

I felt kind of bad for him yesterday but then last night he's back to trashing Steve for no reason. He said Steve makes Andy Herron look respectable. Whatever.

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't know who the woman is but they often talk about people that were at their final auditions. Sounds like they narrow the people down then bring in everyone in separate groups for the last stage. Jason and Davonne were in the same group so they knew each other before the show started.

This sounds correct. Sometimes these unused finalists even make it into the promotional materials before getting cut from the cast or dropping out (like Brandon from BB4 or that Iranian woman from a few seasons back). I'd also guess that when they reference her being on a shuttle they're talking about the shuttle bus they rode to the hotel/CBS lot.

Edited by JediDVguy
  • Love 1

I can't imagine anyone with the training and education to be on the space shuttle would voluntarily sit in the Big Brother house all summer. They would be the poster child of hero to zero.

Austin getting on my last nerve.  He conveniently forgets how close he was to being backdoored.  Now it's all "Jason shouldn't have tried it, he is getting his now"

Jason was complaining/almost tearing up last night that Austin and Liz won't even look at him. "What have I done to these people that they hate me so much?!?"  I think he really thinks Liz has it out for him because HE called the twin switching.  Heh.

Still I think being ignored would be better than dealing with Shelli.  She made me cringe watching her get all emotional with Jason and Meg while they were in bed.  So fake.  She seemed like she was giving a beauty pageant speech.   "Yay! You get to go home and watch this on TV like you always do!  Feel better Buddy and please don't forget to vote for me as most popular houseguest.  Shelli loves you.  BYE!!"

Okay, I've griped about Vanessa for the last couple of days, but I do like her relationship with Steve.  Tonight they've been talking for awhile beyond game and it's nice to see Steve actually out of his shell.

That's the thing.  Treat him like an actual person, which most of these people do not, he'll respond.  I can see a comfort around Vanessa.   Other times I can tell he's in his head knowing he's going to get bashed no matter what he says.

• Love 7

In sports management.

I mean- it's a real degree for sure (I have a friend who did his exact same program); but it isn't exactly rocket science.

I'm sure if you threw a Nike endorsement contract at him, he could spot the loopholes in the compensation clauses before it hit the ground.

BB strategy? Not so much.

I honestly think after this week Vanessa is going to get out of this unscathed. She for sure has Steve, Austin and a The Twins protecting her. Shelli & Clay have kinda been left out to dry.

I think it would be more accurate to state ClamShell hung themselves out to dry. The fact that their manner of doing so provided Vanessa with some absolutely spectacular AssKevlar on a gold platter was purely coincidental - but props to Lady MacV for recognizing and exploiting the hell out of the opportunity.

• Love 6
(edited)

I really want Julia to get mad at Vanessa for not BDing Austin. And I don't want Vanessa to be able able to mind fuck Julia into believing it was the best move. I love Julia, but she is way too tied to Vanessa for my liking.

Zero suspense?  Aren't John, Becky, and Jackie still in the dark about them?

No, they all know about the twins.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Do we know why the BB Takeover failed? Obviously, things like this are planed well in advance. Didn't they have every week (and, special guest star) scheduled? Why would they announce something as the big twist storyline for the summer and abandon it after Week 2? What caused it to fail so fast when I'm sure they had everything planned beforehand? Of course, I could be totally wrong on the planning part.

• Love 2

I think the Audrey Drama threw them in Week 3, and these productions have to be very flexible. Also the takeovers were fucking stupid so they might have just dropped them based on how lame they played.

• Love 1

One of the areas where I think being a "superfan" can be a liability: assuming that knowing everything which has happened guarantees you know everything which will happen. Even if the comps and the twists are the same, the HGs playing them - and their interpersonal dynamics - will differ, and can/will result in a different outcome. Game history should be treated as a reference, not a how-to guide.

In this respect, within the context of this season, JohnnyMac may have had the advantage over Jason, simply because JMac had fewer preconceived expectations about how things would play out. Although I have no doubt that when Jason is back home and once again streaming the omniscient feeds in Mom's basement, he'll be back to shouting "I told you not to trust her!!! Isn't it OBVIOUS!?!?" on no time.

Still I think being ignored would be better than dealing with Shelli.  She made me cringe watching her get all emotional with Jason and Meg while they were in bed.  So fake.  She seemed like she was giving a beauty pageant speech.   "Yay! You get to go home and watch this on TV like you always do!  Feel better Buddy and please don't forget to vote for me as most popular houseguest.  Shelli loves you.  BYE!!"

Clay was about worse. He came around Jason & Meg and made the same sort of halfhearted "nice try buddy" kind of speech - then totally nuked it right as he was leaving the room:

Clay (over his shoulder as he leaves): See you in the Jury House.

Jason (And Meg, almost in unison): I'm (he's) not going to Jury!

Clay: Oh... yeah. Ok then... See you at Finale!

Meg: Yeah, see you in the parking lot!

Way to mend them bridges, Clay. Someone tell you the House was actually named The River Kwai...?

• Love 14