Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

Exactly! Because if she would have shut up and listened a bit, Kristin was paying her compliments and trying to connect with her over business because she was trying to get a new product off the ground and wanted to learn from Bethenny too. But I guess Kristin is too pretty for Bethenny to take seriously.

I don't like Bethenny and happen to be one of three Kristen fans here, but I will say that Kristen's approach was all wrong. The fact that she couldn't get her thoughts out in a succinct and straight-forward manner pretty much sealed her fate because we all know Bethenny's mind runs a mile a minute. It also wasn't the right atmosphere for that discussion. Tsk, tsk to Carole for being the messenger...I totally didn't think she was that kind of person. It really came out of nowhere. Like, you already know what Kristen is feeling out of sorts and uncomfortable with Bethenny, but you tell her that Bethenny called her 'dumb'? WTH? What did you think was going to happen?

On a shallow note, Kristen looked lovely. I loved her blazer. The makeup was perfectly done.

'Pop of Color' is a phrase that has been around for many, many years. I remember hearing it 20+ years ago while watching a fashion segment on some old talk show. I think that Kristen's marketing team could have done way better with the name. I am a nail polish addict so I am familiar with indie and mainstream brands. A lot of brands have 'dirty' names for their polishes. I actually gravitate more towards the creative names than the corny 'Sea Blue' or 'Ballet Pink'. There's no way, based on what I know of Kristen's husband and Heather, that Kristen would have not trademarked the name of her brand. That's business 101 and likely the first bit of advice they would have given her. I think Kristen was coming from a place of 'Why would you assume that I hadn't filed a trademark and why are you calling me dumb?' which I think are valid questions. Unfortunately, she struck out.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 16
Kristin's husband looked so stupid in that soaked hat indoors all night.

He's really struggling to be the 6th member of the Rat Pack and it's just not working. 

The thing about Bethenny is that even when she is getting on my nerves and I'm thinking wow, she is so unnecessarily abrasive, she inevitably will turn around and say something witty that brings me back around to her.  When she was telling LuAnn that she approached her not so much in a way that expressed concern for Bethenny, but more like, "You were such a bitch to Heather, and Heather was just trying to help you and be nurturing, and healing, and wanted to feed you a meatball and rock you to sleep, and put you in a bassinet and give you a pacifier, etc..." I had to laugh right out loud.  I love LuAnn, but Bethenny was dead on about her approach, and she made it funny.  I just can't hate Bethenny, the best I can do is kind of dislike her sometimes.

That's how I feel about Bethenny as well. She does inappropriate things at times and gets on my nerves. But I do appreciate that she is self aware and able to own her misbehavior a lot of the time. She knows she is harsh and doesn't always mesh well with others. And she knows how to read people. LuAnn was totally coming to speak to her with ulterior motives. And, yes, Bethenny just cracks me up. I wish I was as witty and quick with my words as she is!

• Love 18

'Pop of Color' is a phrase that has been around for many, many years. I remember hearing it 20+ years ago while watching a fashion segment on some old talk show. I think that Kristen's marketing team could have done way better with the name.

I was over that phrase 8 years ago when we built our house.  The designer said my green sofas needed red pillows for a 'pop of color'.  No.  As annoying:  the architect called our bonus room a 'man cave'.  C'mon, expensive professional people.  Use your words.  Even 'bonus room' annoys me now.  LOL.  Maybe it's not a good day for me to be on this forum.

• Love 16
(edited)

Well....here we go - http://www.rickysnyc.com/nails/pop-of-color.html

And...it looks like Kristen didn't use any of Carole's suggestions for color names, but she did throw Josh a bone by naming one "Eboost Orange"....

ETA:  My manicurist would hate that bottle - I wonder if she checked with manicurists or nail techs to see if that bottle was easy to use while applying the nail polish.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

I think Carol as well as everyone else on the show is fully aware that Kristin is a non-entity on the show.  Carol may have thought she was doing Kristin a favor by telling her that Bethany thought she (Kristin) was dumb as it would give her a storyline.  I think in that scene we saw it dawn on Bethany what was going on and she made a conscious decision that she would play the game with Heather, but no way would she dumb herself down to Kristin.  I'm sure Bethany is also a bit jaded when it comes to Kristin on account of Kristin's BFF status with Brandi.  Bethany goes way back with Kyle and I could see her not wanting anything to do with Kristin on account of the Brandi connection.   I've thought from the get go that eight housewives was too many and while she's "pretty", Kristin really brings nothing to this show.  On a shallow note....I absolutely love Kristin's haircut and style. 

I like Bethany, but I also realize she is crazy abrasive at times.  That being said, I do think we get the real thing with her.  She's full of contradictions, but I think that's what makes her real.  I can't bitch about her constant product placement because she has been doing that since the very first episode and she's really not made it a secret that she was going it.  She's not doing anything the other housewives haven't done....she's just garnered a lot more success than all of the housewives combined.  

• Love 11
(edited)

Seeing Bethy in the boardroom, her relaxed face and composure, I was belting out the song by Joan Jett, I Hate Myself For Loving Youuuuuuuuuu.  Now, that is the Bethy I wanna see.  Handle the boardroom!  Handle a meatball scuffle!   Handle your job with the HW's like you handle the boardroom, both are high paying jobs!  

Even seeing her and Ramoaner at the restaurant  whining on and on about Heather (after she, Bethy, had been pissy hearing that the chicks had talked about her, Bethy, at the Red Lion) did not ruin my bad rendition of Joan's great song!  I might need to find mah leather jacket and crank up that tune on Youtube.

Bethy might wanna fire the person who did not put her sweeteners on the coffee section and also fire the person who thought putting 1298 (yes, I counted) of each SG product out for camera display was appropriate.  It looked kinda tacky and overboard.

I did enjoy the brief respite from the meltdown/crying/whining.  

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 7
Well....here we go - http://www.rickysnyc...p-of-color.html

And...it looks like Kristen didn't use any of Carole's suggestions for color names, but she did throw Josh a bone by naming one "Eboost Orange"....

Is it just me, or does she look completely maniacal in that picture??? She's like Gollum and the nail polish is her "precious". 

Eboost orange is such a stupid name. I wonder who "Cry Baby" is directed at.

• Love 3
(edited)

I was over that phrase 8 years ago when we built our house.  The designer said my green sofas needed red pillows for a 'pop of color'.  No.  As annoying:  the architect called our bonus room a 'man cave'.  C'mon, expensive professional people.  Use your words.  Even 'bonus room' annoys me now.  LOL.  Maybe it's not a good day for me to be on this forum.

I am always 8-20 years behind knowing about trends.  

Does splash of color count?  I used it recently when making throw pillows for our new sofa.  If so, I will hang my head in shame.  My head is already down because I bought my hubby a sign to hang over the shed, "Man Cave".    I had an ulterior motive, it really meant  this is your area so stay out of my workshop  ;)

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 4
(edited)

Good lord. It looks like LuAnn handed her Twitter account over to her ghost tweeter last night because he was being messy as hell with it. 

I won't get down on Kristen for deciding that she wanted to throw her hat into the nail polish ring. Plenty of women like nail polish. It doesn't matter how many brands already exist, new ones still pop (see what I did there?) up all the time. It may be a frivolous venture to some, but there are other women who've made bank off of things like cupcakes or weaves.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 12

Kristen acted the fool in her nail polish business meeting... All the giggling, pearl clutching, over the top reactions to Carole's name suggestions were ridiculous. You are in a business meeting...act professional. Disagree with suggestions without the need to pretend to vomit. Idiot.

Agreed, that was so embarrassing. Carole's names may have been ridiculous and too nail on the head (sorry for what may also be a terrible pun), but the general idea of beauty products having sex-related names is not at all novel. Give me a break. I've never really felt either way about Kristen but this episode pushed me over the edge. I'm actually resenting the fact that she is taking up my time. I have things to do.

• Love 12

Well....here we go - http://www.rickysnyc.com/nails/pop-of-color.html

ETA:  My manicurist would hate that bottle - I wonder if she checked with manicurists or nail techs to see if that bottle was easy to use while applying the nail polish.

When I hear "Pop of Color" I think of an accent pillow.  So to me it sounds like you paint only one or two nails with your "Pop Of Color" nail polish.  She named them after her Reality TV persona?  Cry baby. Hmmm   

The nail polish bottle looks like it is some sort of trial sample size.  Reinforcing my image that it is made to use on just a nail or two.

• Love 1

I won't get down on Kristen for deciding that she wanted to throw her hat into the nail polish ring. Plenty of women like nail polish. It doesn't matter how many brands already exist, new one still pop (see what I did there?) up all the time. It may be a frivolous venture to some, but there are other women who've made bank off of thinkgs like cupcakes or weaves.

I don't think it's frivolous at all. But I think she will fail.

• Love 1

My thought on the lack of Skinny Girl sweetener was that the hotel set up the coffee service and they more than likely do not have any of that product, just the usual pink, blue yellow stuff.

Kristen's husband has the worst style, it hurts to look at him...I go all Karen Walker when I see him, "honey, whats all this, what is going on with your head" etc...lol.

Does anyone else think that Turks and Caicos will be a "Scary Island" redux but this time it is Bethenney who flips out?

Dorinda is the sanest person in the room with these women and she knows it.

• Love 13

Kristen acted the fool in her nail polish business meeting... All the giggling, pearl clutching, over the top reactions to Carole's name suggestions were ridiculous. You are in a business meeting...act professional. Disagree with suggestions without the need to pretend to vomit. Idiot.

If I could I'd give this 1000 likes.

I'm So Tired of Kristen and Her Pearl Clutching!

Isn't she the one telling her husband (on camera) how many blow jobs he was going to get for giving her diamond earrings?

Let's not forget one of her dear friends is that wholesome Brandi.

• Love 16

The bottle looks a bit like Julep's. But the price is good - I was afraid Kristen would try to go too high-end. This can compete with OPI and Orly. It's an interesting shade range, either primary colors or quite dark. The big question is the formula. There's nothing to advertise that it's 3-free or quick drying or anything.

• Love 4

How about Carole hi-jacking Kristin's business meeting with stale dick jokes? What was that about?

Kristin jokingly mentioned a couple of times that the meeting was about her, not Carole. You could see she was dead serious. A little tension there. 

Having said that, watching Kristen laugh and act like a giddy school girl in the meeting was cringe worthy. She should have accompanied Sonja to Bethenny's big girl meeting to see how it's done! 

• Love 7

What the fuck is happening to Ramona's right breast in that silky white blouse she is wearing? I cannot concentrate on anything else.

It's a shame Kelly Bensimon wasn't there to say What's happening with your boobs, Ramona? One goes up, one goes down. One goes this way, one goes that way. What's going on?  The scene where Ramona did that to Kelly is one of my all-time favorite Housewives' scenes.

• Love 11
(edited)

I won't get down on Kristen for deciding that she wanted to throw her hat into the nail polish ring. Plenty of women like nail polish. It doesn't matter how many brands already exist, new ones still pop (see what I did there?) up all the time. It may be a frivolous venture to some, but there are other women who've made bank off of things like cupcakes or weaves.

Nail polish lines can be very lucrative so I can see why Kristen went into that field.

Her polishes are $8 which is fair, but so are Essie, OPI, and Zoya polishes and they have huge followings. Why would most women choose Kristen's polish over a well-known brand? I think her marketing team needs to come a little harder - nothing about Kristen's brand makes me want to buy her polish and I love polish. I'd like to see some reviews - maybe some beauty bloggers will do swatches so people can see the quality of the formula.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 2

I thought Kristen was beating around the bush, and took to long to get to the point of why she wanted to talk with Bethenney.

Just ask her -- DID you say this? "If so, I want YOU to know this is NOT the case....so please don't comment on things you know nothing about."

I was going to say Beth is a bitch -- but scratch that ...I'll say she's DIRECT. I personally would be direct with her. Kristen should have backed the bitch up from the start. Instead, she acted like she didn't know WHAT she wanted to say. She had all that time to think about it ...and THAT is what she starts talking about? I might have walked away, too.

Kirsten was just fumbling....She was in the right, but bye girl. Call me when can hang with the big girls.

Hi, there...I do that. I call my friends (Jacquelines) Jack, my co-worker (Jennifer) Jen (or Jenny-Jenny).

It's not an official nick name. I just started calling them that for short. And they've never objected.

Have you been to the company website Forums section to make sure they don't mind? :)

(edited)

These ladies all talk about each other on and off camera. The two important things for me were that Carol behaved like a middle schooler the way she ran right over to tell Kristen something she needed to know. Not a good look Carol. Secondly, we learned that Kristen is not a blip on Beth's radar screen.

Or, ya know, like a character on a reality TV show!  I mean, come on.  Carol more or less broke the 4th wall in her talking head by saying she was "moving things along."  i.e. I'm taking information that was probably given to me by a producer and doing what production tells me to do by passing said information along. 

I know the woman speaks quickly, but she seemed especially amped up in this episode, like on something amped up. Bottom line, if your life is that out of control, take steps to simplify, not make it worse. Don't sign up for a TV show.

For real.  She reminds me of how I spoke/acted when I was on a 500 calorie/day diet and drank coffee non stop in order to suppress hunger pangs and stay awake.  A million words a minute + incredibly angry and read to cry at the drop of a hat.  No fun.  If she is battling some sort of eating disorder I hope she gets help. 

I thought the hug between Avery and Ramona was really sweet, and it was also one of the first times Avery hasn't seemed like Ramona drives her crazy.  Awww, she's maturing and growing up.  I really liked their conversation-Ramona was up front without being nasty about Mario, which Avery deserves as an adult, and Ramona seemed to really cherish Avery's opinion.  And clearly, Avery is more mature than all of the women on this show that are twice her a

I agree.  Sometimes it really does take distance to learn to appreciate your parents (and their um... idiosyncrasies. I suspect this is what happened between Avery and Ramona.  I am an only child too with a mother who could be somewhat "smothering" like Ramona and WOW our relationship improved like 200% when I went away to college! 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 12

I think shfromthinks it's a way to sound like she is "thisclose" to someone...it's like "I know you soooo well and we are such good friends, it's okay for me to call you by a nickname".

I noticed on last week's episode, when Dorinda's John walked into Dorinda's house, Heather greeted him as "Johnny", too....she just has a thing for nicknames that is super annoying!!  

Heather is reminding me of Jill Zarin especially with all  the smothering and nosyness.

• Love 7

If I could I'd give this 1000 likes.I'm So Tired of Kristen and Her Pearl Clutching!Isn't she the one telling her husband (on camera) how many blow jobs he was going to get for giving her diamond earrings?Let's not forget one of her dear friends is that wholesome Brandi.

Exactly. So we are to believe that dick references embarrass her? Hmm maybe she should name a nail polish......

Tampon Flash

• Love 10

Kristin is like the new Alex. Ignored/and or marginalized by nearly everyone.

I liked Alex and found her to be somewhat intelligent.  I am finding Kristen hard to like.  Kristen got on only because Brandi introduced her to Andy Cohen.  Try as they might there was just no way she was going to mesh with anyone.  She and Josh come off as this is our branding platform.  Why they renewed her for a second season is beyond me.  Ironically, she is the one complaining saying  eight RH is just too many.

• Love 8

It's a shame Kelly Bensimon wasn't there to say What's happening with your boobs, Ramona? One goes up, one goes down. One goes this way, one goes that way. What's going on?  The scene where Ramona did that to Kelly is one of my all-time favorite Housewives' scenes.

I started watching RHoNY in its third season, and that scene right there, is the moment I fell in love with Ramona.

• Love 4

I'm glad somebody else saw it this way. To me it looked much more like a Nene Leakes-type escape than disengaging from the crazy. You don't have to like her, and Bethenny clearly doesn't, but she's not crazy - she"s a fellow Housewife trying to do her job, and Bethenny is too much of a vet to not get this. She left because Carole spilled the beans on some trash talking about Kristen, and she didn't want to face the music.

That is probably all true and correct and I will go to hell for being evil, but I really don't care. I would totally walk away from that idiot Kristen if she tried to engage me in any conversation. She is just such a waste of time.

Kristen, honey, everyone thinks you are stupid because you clearly are. Go away.

I am enjoying B being a total bitch to Kristen and Heather. I was only disappointed in her last night when she started being nice to Heather.

Yep, going to hell.

I am being forced to revise my opinion of Dorinda.  I didn't think she could come back from calling the gentleman of color to take her coat, however, she is winning me back. Her boyfriend is still a tool though.

What is with these attractive, competent women and their douchebag boyfriends? Dorinda and Vicki in the OC. Ladies, trust me, sometimes it really in better to be unattached.

Of course Josh is a douche too, but I have come to believe he and Kristen deserve each other.      

• Love 16

I think, if her marketing team hasn't already, it would do her good to get her product in the hands of YouTube makeup and style folks who have high subscriber counts. Ask them to review the nail polish or maybe even sponsor a giveaway.

So, here's the lede in Brian Moylan's Vulture recap of this episode:

And I nodded my head as I read each word. 

Love his recaps.  He's nailing *exactly* how I feel about Beth's return to RHoNY! 

• Love 9
(edited)

Well, I have pretty much disliked Carole from the get-go, though I did have some empathy with her in the Aviva thing (because I used to be a writer). But I really can't stand her now. And with this episode she is even more hateful. First of course she is a shit-stirrer. And then, even worse, she says: "Between Bethenny and I." C'mon Carole! You claim to be a writer and you make that big of a mistake??

I can accept it from the idiots from Orange County, but ... !

This made me laugh.  When she said that, I yelled out, "Bethenny and me, writer!"  Fortunately, my husband is used to these kinds of outbursts late at night.

Ehh? You said it yourself. Carol is a writer. Not an English professor or a public speaker. Being a good writer doesn't mean your diction when you are talking is always going to be 100% correct.

Speaking for myself - just because I know the grammar rules doesn't always mean I always speak perfectly. I fumble over words.  I end sentences in a preposition. And sometimes I might slip up and say "Jane and me." Quelle horreur! I am human. As is Carol.

I mean, the kind of writing I've been getting paid to do for 15 years now probably breaks a good 60% of the writing "rules" I was taught in school.  So, point being, you don't have to write like Jane Austen to have a successful, thriving career as a writer in 2015. And how you speak?  Has even less to do with it. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 22

Anyone who has worked as an editor (I have) will tell you that writers often have terrible grammar skills.

I kind of assumed that K's nail polish would be less expensive. I have no idea how they think she can compete with OPI and Essie. And on the higher end you have Chanel, Marc Jacobs, and Butter - all of which have gorgeous colors. I think she needed to go lower, but that's just my opinion. 

On another note, I enjoyed Ramona in this episode. I'm sorry that she seems so eager to get back with Mario, but not surprised. I loved her scenes with Avery and Bethenny. She's still a total whackadoodle but, damn it, I can't quit her.

• Love 4

Bethenny saying...."I'm hanging by a thread!  I have books to write and public appearances ! ..."   Yadda yadda yadda...so hard being you girl!  I gotta admit I was tired of heather's big bag of BS last season so it's funny to see her bested by the Beth and Kristen is so awkwardly trying to break in to have anyone at all notice her - but the new brittle Beth is really hard to watch.  Her mouth works itself in some frightening way when she is listening to someone speak when she doesn't want to hear it. Like she's having a spasm or something.  And then she screeches.  Yikes!

• Love 10

I can understand not wanting to go in that direction, but Kristin was being all quelle horreur in a way that implied she's never even heard of such a thing. Pearl clutching indeed.

I know! She was doing the absolute most with the retching faces.  I'm like, lady, you have two children.  Clearly, you know your way around a penis, so knock it off. Stop acting like a tween who's hearing sexual innuendos for the first time.

giphy.gif

• Love 16

The T.H. of Kristen with the over done reddish shadow on the sides of her nose up to her eyes looked horrible, yet she is a very "pretty" woman, indeed. It is obvious that Beth is never going to give her the camera time she wants so badly. 

The green figurines, each one different, on Dorinda's fireplace mantle behind Heather during the dinner party, what are they? Gorgeous.  They look Asian but something different, definitely not Pier One.  

Ramona is my older age inspiration, but considering she was doing aerobic videos or something along those lines back in the 80's, I guess she has kept fit through the years and I have a lot of catch up to do!  Her reunion with Avery made me forgive most of her transgressions because I do believe she is a very good mother.  The mother-daughter love was evident and looked sincere.

Is it me or aren't Pucci prints more of a summer thing?  Still, that dress looked fabulous on Dorinda. I would have preferred something more winter though. It is strange how pretty and elegant Dorinda can be at times and in other shots look a bit goofy and toothsome. Heather's full skirt was not flattering and looked Halloween/witchy to me.   

Bethenny's TH's make her look so hard, her eyebrows, her make up so stark. She needs a softer look or some camera filtering. 

I wish Heather would lose that reptilian grin, it really does make her look disingenuous. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I wish Heather would lose that reptilian grin, it really does make her look disingenuous.

This. ^^^ PickleDeeDee, perfect.

I watched the original Jurrasic Park the other night and was trying to think who the T-Rex reminded me of. 

I know I ended a sentence with a preposition but I don't care...sort of.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 9
mean, the kind of writing I've been getting paid to do for 15 years now probably breaks a good 60% of the writing "rules" I was taught in school.

Agreed. I took a "Principles of Editing" class over five years ago and the instructor - who's also the editor of The Harvard Review - talked about rules being relaxed in order to make language less clunky. For instance, you could keep saying "his or her" for the sake of gender neutrality ("Each person is responsible for his or her possessions") but that becomes tedious for both speaker and listener. "Each person is responsible for THEIR possessions" is now acceptable. And thank God for that :)

• Love 10

So Ramona just came out with it last night - she would like for things to work out with Mario. I never doubted she would take him back for a second. 

I don't blame her. Marriage is complicated. If they can work it out, I think in the long run they would both be happy they did.

• Love 5

From Bryan Moylan's Vulture piece:

[bethenny] fights and screeches and lets people know what she will and will not talk about, and generally tries to commandeer every interaction that she has with any single person.

All I could think about was how Kelly did the same thing on Scary Island - refusing to participate in conversations, telling people what they should and shouldn't be talking about, dismissing them all as "weird" and "creepy." Symmetry!

• Love 10

I think Kristen is making the classic pretty girl mistake: She thinks people have paid attention to her all these years because of her personality and what she has to say. I'm guessing that's an incorrect assumption. She's a snoozefest to me, and her mugging in reaction to most everything around her doesn't make her any more interesting. Also, her mouth works overtime when she talks. A warning: this is one of those "once you see it, it cannot be unseen" things. Sorry!

And I really, really do not like that extravaganza of a pink top with an overly long side tie that she has going on in the opening credits. Looks like a design-school dropout's creation.

• Love 11
(edited)

Thank you Mondrianyone for answering my question about those beautiful asian figurines on Dorinda's mantelpiece. : 

I was so obsessed with figuring out what those were that I couldn't concentrate on a word that was said while they were in the background.  Apparently they're Chinese zodiac figurines (the Chinese part was obvious, and they all seemed to be different kinds of animals, so . . .).  It's hard to find pictures of ones as bright and clean as Dorinda's.  Maybe hers are reproductions.  If not, they're probably worth a fortune.  Here are a couple of similar ones:  https://www.chairish.com/product/40321/chinese-zodiac-figures

Edited by PickleDeeDee
  • Love 1
(edited)

I Like B in business mode

200_s.gif

But are we sure that Beth didn't get her spin-off? This episode felt like it has been re-branded the Beth show, however, they just failed to change the title. "A rose by any other name...." blah, blah blah. Feels like I am watching Beth Starting Over but with RHONYC HWs as supporting characters. I would love to see a breakdown of total minutes of TH and compare them to see who got the most on-screen time to lay out their views. Dollars to donuts I bet Beth would win hands down. And that is why this season is bugging me. Aside from it devolving into some of the girls jockeying for airtime with B, I hate that she gets to control the narrative like this.

I actually cut the show off right around the time Lu approached B about some BS but I will try to watch the rest later tonight. I decided I would rather continue binge watching and catching up on prior seasons of my new pleasure Showtime's Shameless than the HW thirsty games.

- B is no longer the choir on this show. That hat has been passed to Dorinda.

- B is back on the show and has to play the game. She is controlling too much of everything. Who she talks to, how or if they can talk to her and who she is even willing to entertain? Bitch really. These are co-workers. I be DAMNed if I could walk in to my office and say I won't interact with Ted from Marketing just because. You took the lucrative check - now dance monkey dance!

- I agree that Heather was pushy and aggressive for no real reason at the dinner, however, in a personal setting I would prefer her over B. B does make for some good reality tv TH though but I still don't care for her on many levels. But damn - give equal time to the others Andy.

- Had to shake my head a bit when Heather greeted Beth coolly and yet Beth still had shit to say about that. Isn't that what you wanted? She is respecting your wall!

- Good gawd does Avery look like her father. I would have loved her bedroom as a teenager.

- I thought Sonja sounded like a fool at the meeting talking about Bethanny's bustier. LOL to her thinking she was going to Cipranis. I always think Sonja is on the hunt for a free meal or a free stay at a vacation resort or a friends estate somewhere.

- Ramona's observation of Heather's smile not matching her eyes is one of the most astute ones I have ever heard her make outside of saying that Jill loves an underdog. The only thing I would say is that I don't believe Heather to be malicious by nature.

- Ramona is a fool if she gets back with Mario. Frankly, I think she is just trying to repair and stroke her ego by making it seem like Mario is desperate to have her back.

-Hold up did someone say that Mario was dating a Bravolebrity from Blood, Sweat and Tears?

- Josh everyone knows you are balding so please don't think you are hiding it under your parade of douchetastic hipster hats

-  I loved that blue polish Kristen was wearing which appears to be part of her polish line. If these Ricky branders or whatever that Kristen met with are also behind the Color Club polish than I will probably give it a try, however, I'll probably wait to say if any beauty bloggers review it. Hopefully it is the same color payoff and quality of Color Club. I haven't really tried Color Club since they changed their logo and branding but I have a few of them and depending on the color that polish is really long lasting. As long as I use a base and top I usually get 5/6 or more days with just a bit of wear around the edges which is damn good for me.

- I would totally buy a polish named Dangler but hell no to One eyed snake.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 21

Islandgirl140 

Great post!  

Agree with everything but I do like Heather's smiles.

I am still laughing after reading     "You took the lucrative check - now dance monkey dance! "

The visual on that is hilarious!

• Love 11

Kristin's husband looked so stupid in that soaked hat indoors all night.

I agree.  I'm thinking maybe he's thinning, but I'm torn between "balding" and "misguided attempt at looking cool".  Either way, I'm not a fan - of him or his doofy hat.

• Love 12
(edited)

- Ramona is a fool if she gets back with Mario. Frankly, I think she is just trying to repair and stroke her ego by making it seem like Mario is desperate to have her back.

-Hold up did someone say that Ramona was dating a Bravolebrity from Blood, Sweat and Tears?

Yes, someone upthread said that Mario was dating Chantelle from B, S, and H. She is the one with the British accent. I just googled their names and this gossip link popped up. Don't know how reliable the story is (from Nov 2014). Plus once you scroll all the way down, they admit the picture is not legit, it was cobbled together from two separate photos.

That said, the way Mario blindly dove into that relationship with the crazy Kasey Dexter last year, I was certain that she'd get knocked up by him on purpose for the $$ and security. So far, seems it hasn't happened. That might be the kiss of death for any Ramona-Mario reunion.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 1

I Like B in business mode

200_s.gif

But are we sure that Beth didn't get her spin-off? This episode felt like it has been re-branded the Beth show, however, they just failed to change the title. "A rose by any other name...." blah, blah blah. Feels like I am watching Beth Starting Over but with RHONYC HWs as supporting characters. I would love to see a breakdown of total minutes of TH and compare them to see who got the most on-screen time to lay out their views. Dollars to donuts I bet Beth would win hands down. And that is why this season is bugging me. Aside from it devolving into some of the girls jockeying for airtime with B, I hate that she gets to control the narrative like this.

I actually cut the show off right around the time Lu approached B about some BS but I will try to watch the rest later tonight. I decided I would rather continue binge watching and catching up on prior seasons of my new pleasure Showtime's Shameless than the HW thirsty games.

- B is no longer the choir on this show. That hat has been passed to Dorinda.

- B is back on the show and has to play the game. She is controlling too much of everything. Who she talks to, how or if they can talk to her and who she is even willing to entertain? Bitch really. These are co-workers. I be DAMNed if I could walk in to my office and say I won't interact with Ted from Marketing just because. You took the lucrative check - now dance monkey dance!

- I agree that Heather was pushy and aggressive for no real reason at the dinner, however, in a personal setting I would prefer her over B. B does make for some good reality tv TH though but I still don't care for her on many levels. But damn - give equal time to the others Andy.

- Had to shake my head a bit when Heather greeted Beth coolly and yet Beth still had shit to say about that. Isn't that what you wanted? She is respecting your wall!

- Good gawd does Avery look like her father. I would have loved her bedroom as a teenager.

- I thought Sonja sounded like a fool at the meeting talking about Bethanny's bustier. LOL to her thinking she was going to Cipranis. I always think Sonja is on the hunt for a free meal or a free stay at a vacation resort or a friends estate somewhere.

- Ramona's observation of Heather's smile not matching her eyes is one of the most astute ones I have ever heard her make outside of saying that Jill loves an underdog. The only thing I would say is that I don't believe Heather to be malicious by nature.

-Hold up did someone say that Ramona was dating a Bravolebrity from Blood, Sweat and Tears?

- Josh everyone knows you are balding so please don't think you are hiding it under your parade of douchetastic hipster hats

-  I loved that blue polish Kristen was wearing which appears to be part of her polish line. If these Ricky branders or whatever that Kristen met with are also behind the Color Club polish than I will probably give it a try, however, I'll probably wait to say if any beauty bloggers review it. Hopefully it is the same color payoff and quality of Color Club. I haven't really tried Color Club since they changed their logo and branding but I have a few of them and depending on the color that polish is really long lasting. As long as I use a base and top I usually get 5/6 or more days with just a bit of wear around the edges which is damn good for me.

- I would totally buy a polish named Dangler but hell no to One eyed snake.

Point one: Give Bethenny what she wants and she'll find a way to bitch about that. Good effing grief.

Point two: Yeah, girl. Word on the street was that Chantelle was messing around with Mario, either just before filming the second season of BSH or during filming. 

• Love 8

Ehh? You said it yourself. Carol is a writer. Not an English professor or a public speaker. Being a good writer doesn't mean your diction when you are talking is always going to be 100% correct.

Speaking for myself - just because I know the grammar rules doesn't always mean I always speak perfectly. I fumble over words.  I end sentences in a preposition. And sometimes I might slip up and say "Jane and me." Quelle horreur! I am human. As is Carol.

I mean, the kind of writing I've been getting paid to do for 15 years now probably breaks a good 60% of the writing "rules" I was taught in school.  So, point being, you don't have to write like Jane Austen to have a successful, thriving career as a writer in 2015. And how you speak?  Has even less to do with it. 

You must've missed the part where I said it made me laugh.

• Love 9