Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

It's Gerber Life Insurance. It is amusing that a company I associate with baby food has life insurance. 🤣

Gerber Life Insurance was a big thing back in the 1950s and earlier.  My parents had Gerber Life Insurance policies on all the kids.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

It's a weird commercial to like but I like seeing Kareen Abdul-Jabbar on the drug commercial.  First, he looks great for 76.  Second, it reminds me that when I was a child we had a hamster named Kareem Adbul-Jabear.  He was a teddy bear hamster with very long hair and he was much longer than the other hamsters.  He was also great at hanging from the top of the cage.  Long live Kareem!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

It's a weird commercial to like but I like seeing Kareen Abdul-Jabbar on the drug commercial.  First, he looks great for 76.  Second, it reminds me that when I was a child we had a hamster named Kareem Adbul-Jabear.  He was a teddy bear hamster with very long hair and he was much longer than the other hamsters.  He was also great at hanging from the top of the cage.  Long live Kareem!

I had two teddy bear hamsters, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. They were so sweet and cuddly.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

My favorite Chewy ad was "The peanut butter box is here." That has been replaced by Mr. Marbles the cat who inherits the summer house. "I always loved that old man." 🤣

And telling Todd that he got a train. I love that commerical. 

• Like 8
19 hours ago, chessiegal said:

My favorite Chewy ad was "The peanut butter box is here." That has been replaced by Mr. Marbles the cat who inherits the summer house. "I always loved that old man." 🤣

Between the cat saying "You got a train set, Todd" and the dog saying "vaaaaahse" I think the Chewy people found their perfect ad writer.

• Like 17

I fell immediately in love with the new Tostitos “NFL Unretired” ad(s).  This is partly (who we kidding: mostly) because I am in the general age range of Marino, Smith, Rice, and Moss.  When Dan had to pull out his readers to examine his wrist coach, I died.  Because that’s…me.

And Julian Edelman & Tom B are in the coda!  Esp hilarious bc this year Edelman did a perfect Randy Moss impression on the Kelce Bros’ podcast (he imitated Moss calling him “Edelnut”).

• Like 4
1 hour ago, voiceover said:

I fell immediately in love with the new Tostitos “NFL Unretired” ad(s).

Had they not included that stupid tag with Brady and Edelman at the end, it would have been perfect:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, voiceover said:

And Julian Edelman & Tom B are in the coda!

Ah, I didn't know who that was with Tom.  Cute!  (I guess Gronk was busy? 😄 )

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 1
On 9/20/2023 at 8:13 PM, voiceover said:

I fell immediately in love with the new Tostitos “NFL Unretired” ad(s).  This is partly (who we kidding: mostly) because I am in the general age range of Marino, Smith, Rice, and Moss.  When Dan had to pull out his readers to examine his wrist coach, I died.  Because that’s…me.

And Julian Edelman & Tom B are in the coda!  Esp hilarious bc this year Edelman did a perfect Randy Moss impression on the Kelce Bros’ podcast (he imitated Moss calling him “Edelnut”).

I'm so happy you like this but I don't get a single reference in your post!  😄

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ancaster said:

I'm so happy you like this but I don't get a single reference in your post!  😄

It’s 100% sportsball insider-ism 🤣🤣🤣 Probably shoulda posted it in the NFL thread.  Apologies!

3 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I like all the Wendy's ads. They make me smile.

“Two hot coffees.”  🤣

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Seems to be new, and at the top of my 'favorite' list- the Liberty Mutual ad where 'Doug' is told on set that his character is going to have a piano fall on him. The past actor who played the 'Liberty-bibberty' spokesman is taking over! Too funny.

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
19 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I love this commercial because nothing will make a teenager wake up quicker than smelling a bag of McDonalds. 😆

Even the smell of something I like would make me nauseated if I had just woken up (and the only time I'd ever jump out of bed that fast would be if it were on fire) and the one McDonald's burger I ever ate (way back when I was a teenager) I threw out because I hated it so much.  So I very much do not relate to this commercial.  Yet it made me laugh anyway.

• LOL 2
16 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Seems to be new, and at the top of my 'favorite' list- the Liberty Mutual ad where 'Doug' is told on set that his character is going to have a piano fall on him. The past actor who played the 'Liberty-bibberty' spokesman is taking over! Too funny.

I love that they brought him back but I feel like the commercial could have been better.  Kind of lost potential unless this is going to be a continuing theme of libbity bibbity replacing Doug.

• Like 2
On 10/6/2023 at 10:43 AM, peacheslatour said:

You know, not only haven't I seen the fabulous Geico Halloween commercial, I haven't seen ANY Geico commercials lately.

I’m seeing two Geico commercials a lot lately. My current favorite is the couple who moved in next to the observant neighbors, who are styled as newscasters. I think they are hilarious. There’s also one with the Dad and the two girls who have invasive weeds. That one creeps me out a bit because the weeds are very close to slithering. *shivers*

I also really like the commercial in the airport where the dad reflexively tells the TSA agent to have a nice flight after she says it to him. I do that all the time! It’s funny how put out his family, the other passenger and the TSA agents are.

lastly, I’m still really loving all of the Wendy’s spots.

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, tanyak said:

I’m seeing two Geico commercials a lot lately. My current favorite is the couple who moved in next to the observant neighbors, who are styled as newscasters. I think they are hilarious. There’s also one with the Dad and the two girls who have invasive weeds. That one creeps me out a bit because the weeds are very close to slithering. *shivers*

I also really like the commercial in the airport where the dad reflexively tells the TSA agent to have a nice flight after she says it to him. I do that all the time! It’s funny how put out his family, the other passenger and the TSA agents are.

lastly, I’m still really loving all of the Wendy’s spots.

Wow. I haven't seen either one of those.

The other new Geico commercial is about a couple house hunting in a weird house with a slide instead of stairs and a Murphy tub.  It's ok.

Now I'm overthinking if that is Geico or not.

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 2

Not a favorite commercial, exactly, but I kind of like the Liberty Mutual one with the dog walker.  Mostly just because of the Harlequin Dane who just sits there and watches the action.  He's just so blasé about the whole rabbit-chasing thing.

• Like 5

2 new (to me) Geico commercials running during the baseball playoffs: 

A couple just bought a house, but had to make some "concessions" - and concession vendors start roaming through the house shouting "peanuts", "cotton candy", etc. 

An umpire calling strikes on the homeowners, strike 3 being the shirt the guy is wearing.  

Both make me laugh, especially the ump one. 

• Like 7
16 hours ago, Haleth said:

The other new Geico commercial is about a couple house hunting in a weird house with a slide instead of stairs and a Murphy tub.  It's ok.

Now I'm overthinking if that is Geico or not.

I like how the real estate agent is really trying to sell with all his comments about the weird house. "Look at that floor space" Trying to climb up the steps. The dude's trying.  The bathroom floor space cracks me up for a second reason my dad and I always commenting how big the bathrooms on TV especially commercials are.

5 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Not a favorite commercial, exactly, but I kind of like the Liberty Mutual one with the dog walker.  Mostly just because of the Harlequin Dane who just sits there and watches the action.  He's just so blasé about the whole rabbit-chasing thing.

I like that she thinks it's going to be easy. It's just walking and not worried about the bunny. She clearly has never been around dogs. When she gets caught in the leashes and falls down. 

6 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

2 new (to me) Geico commercials running during the baseball playoffs: 

A couple just bought a house, but had to make some "concessions" - and concession vendors start roaming through the house shouting "peanuts", "cotton candy", etc. 

An umpire calling strikes on the homeowners, strike 3 being the shirt the guy is wearing.  

Both make me laugh, especially the ump one. 

What? Thoses sound hilarious. I can't wait to see them.

• Like 3
On 10/7/2023 at 1:28 PM, chessiegal said:

All the Wendy's commercials had me hankering for a frosty and fries. While I was out and about this morning, I discovered my Wendy's had closed. No!!!!!

I got a large Frosty recently and was surprised that it was significantly downsized.

23 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I got a large Frosty recently and was surprised that it was significantly downsized.

Thanks, but that doesn't help. I would have taken a frosty of any size. Alexa tells me the closest Wendy's is 9.2 miles away and not in an area I'm in when I'm out and about running errands.

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 2
On 10/7/2023 at 1:27 PM, peacheslatour said:

Wow. I haven't seen either one of those.

This is the observant neighbors one. “Some people clean as they cook. Not these folks.”  Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 5