Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Reunion Part Two

(edited)

I appreciated the kind of "freshness" in this 2nd part...

Still in love of Rick and I really like Gamble, more and more... (Rick and Gamble, do you wanna marry us ? It 'd be so much fun ! And no, that's nothing strippers related ^_^ )

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 3

If it wasn't for Lydia interrupting Gamble or going over to Pettifleur when she left the couch Lydia could've been otherwise erased from the reunion. Her reaction to the mere thought of scooting down a seat to the end when Manuela came out was telling.

• Love 6

Manuela's lived in LA and Colorado and gives me vibes that she's well versed in the makings of a memorable Real Housewife from watching the shows. I found an interview of hers when she went to New York while Season 2 was taping and she played up her 'insider' status to give a scoop on the Housewives.

A few weeks ago, Australian real estate professional Manuela Pless-Bennett sent me an email: she was going to be in New York for a few days, and did I want to meet up and talk Real Housewives of Melbourne? I learned Ms. Pless-Bennett is a close friend of housewife Janet Roach, and will appear on the show’s second season as an ensemble cast member, meaning she’s not a main housewife, but she’s featured in a number of shoots.

Sounds a bit thirsty to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I thought Andy sucked at hosting reunions but this guy was horrible. It was obvious he didn't like Gina or even Gamble. He love Pettifleur, Janet, Lydia and basically let Pettifleur's temper tantrum dominant the reunion and kept cycling everything back to her and how did she feel. Bitch, go home! Pettifleur seemed drunk and/or on pills. For once I didn't mind obnoxious loud mouth trashy Jackie freaking out on someone.

Lydia was irrelevant and she should not have been aloud to interrupt Gamble and Gina. I'm glad they shut her down and loved the very end when Gina said something like "whatever Ms. Seventy-OneTH" lol

Manuela seems like a desperate thirsty snob and I love that Gamble called her out for being jealous and wanting Gamble's spot on the show!!! She exposed Manuela's thirst and was the only one who didn't seem afraid of her. I do wonder what Maneula has on Janet (you know she has tons of dirt on her). Why the hell would then bring on another team janet person and leave Gamble and Gina with just each other?

I think Pettifleur seems broken and weak (pathetic bitch +/- drunk bitch = bitch, bye). However she is good for reality tv due to her comedic value. I would say the same for Lydia the Moron who spouts off comedy gold like "seventy-oneth" but Lydia is just a one line here and there whereas PF's entire party was laughable. However PF casts a poor light on strong financially independent women so between the two of them, keep Lydia who is basically a kept man toy

I'm still a fan of Gamble and Gina. Chyka is the classiest. Janet is a shit stirrer and the rest I either end up laughing at them or getting annoyed with them.

bad host imo

• Love 9

Gamble's only mistake was making Manuela more relevant then she really is.  How she basically ignored Lydia is what she should have done with Manuela.  If anything, there nasty exchange basically guarantees Manuela a season three spot.

If rumors are true and Gina doesn't return.. I predict a massive gang-up on Gamble.

• Love 2

Lydia is so.worried she'll lose her spot on the show now that she's been toned down by her hubby's order.

Manuela's thirstier than a Kardashian.

I admit I laughed at Pettifleur's ridiculous "breakdown" sans tears and Lydia's attempt to make herself relevant by pretending to care.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm so glad Alex Perry was the host. He's brilliant and fully sees through Gina and Gamble's malicious bullshit.

Words cannot express how much I adore Manuela. She has ten times the TV presence of Gamble and is just generally a nicer human being. Boot Gina off next year and let Manuela and Pettifleur excoriate Gamble for a season. It'll make for tremendously satisfying television.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 1
(edited)

I didn't feel right when Gina was imitating Petti, It feels a bit racist to me. If she pulled that shit in the USA, folks would give her the side eye.

Don't get the Gina love. Someone explain it to me, please?

BTW, the host mentioned he was an immigrant? Maybe he identifies with Petti.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, Manuela is horrid.

Also: It freaks me out that her wrinkled, corded neck doesn't match her weirdly smooth face. Can't doctors make that crap match?

I mean, I'm probably around Manuela's age, no spring chicken, but my face and neck (and the rest of me) match. They all look roughly the same age.

Also, Manuela has freaky teeth!

I get the Gina love. She's not the nicest, but she is smart, and she tells it like it is. Some people, like Petty, need to be told. I think Gina doesn't suffer fools gladly. She could use more tact, but she doesn't choose to.

Janet's nose has been reconstructed so thoroughly, or so often, that it is on the verge of collapse. I have been watching Botched, and that can be fixed, but she would wind up with a larger nose, like Dwight from Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 5

Manuela can try to muscle her way onto the show, but I've watched better (actually much worse) women try to get onto the various franchises and all of them have failed. Manuela you are no Kim G, Kim D, Marlo Hampton, Mynique, Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick, Dana/Pam, or Bitch Amanda Sanders Image Consultant (BASIC). Manuela is basic, thirsty as hell, and her coming after Gamble just reaffirms to me that Gamble won this season. To paraphrase The Wire, Come at the Queen, you best not miss Manuela.

As much as I cannot stand Pettifleur, Gina's digs about her accent and skin color have earned an epic amount of side eye for me. I don't know if it's because I'm American or because my parents are immigrants, but those comments are not kosher in my book. Though I think the viewing audience might have been the only people who got what Gina was getting at with Gamble's make up artist.

Pettifleur needs to go. She's an arrogant rude bore. It's not like other housewives aren't arrogant and/or rude, but they are never boring.

I look forward to Gamble next season. There aren't many newbies who've had such fantastic first seasons and reunions: Brandi Glanville, who promptly shit the bed, and Claudia Jordan, it remains to be seen if she can sustain.

Lydiot brought nothing this season and tried to be extra during the reunion. Too little, too late.

• Love 4

Yeah I also have issues with Gina' s treatment of Pettifleur does seem troublesome. When all the women found out about Gamble' s hearing issues they apologized and stopped mocking her, Gina double downed even during the reunion about making an issue of Petifleur' s accent. I find it funny because I generally don't have a problem understanding any of the women but sometimes Gina garbled her words so she is the only one who I have ever had an issue with a word or two.

• Love 1

That was fun.  The montages highlighted the insanity of it all, the women didn't stick to teams or try to hold firm to how they'd behaved as though admitting wrongdoing is the greatest of sins, and they brought up the impact of the show on the show.  Overall, I'm a happy boy right now. 

Onto the substance...

I go back and forth about Gina mocking Pettifleur's accent.  On the one hand it makes me cringe.  On the other, mimicry seems like a thing they do- in a clip tonight Lydia was doing Gina's when discussing their awkward limo ride.  So, in a way they're just doing what they do- she's not singled out- and maybe it's my own race-centric perspective on the world that twists it into something else.  That said, once the woman explained why it bugs her Gina should have apologized and moved on.

Manuela- in her first appearance I thought she was the real money, in contrast to Janet, because she seemed to be playing with Janet a bit.  I think Gamble nailed it though, and the comment upthread about her thirst...understatement, imho.  She wants on the show, and Gamble may just have helped her secure that slot (which is a shame- I think Manuela would make this show more permanently team vs. team like the US housewives get).

I'm one of those who hated the host, but that's probably because I didn't like him in other things.  And I couldn't stand him yelling "shut up" at them, because I think a paid moderator shouldn't have to resort to that.

(edited)

I hesitate to call Gina's mockery of Pettifleur's accent racist, because in my life many friends' and colleagues' accents have been the subject of teasing - Irish, Jamaican, southern, native American, and so on, regardless of the color of a person's skin. Of course, it's not supposed to be done in a mean way, and that's really the point - Gina won't acknowledge that she's being rude and mean to persist once PF objected.

Has PF been taking notes from NeNe? Because storming off the reunion stage is becoming a thing. It's interesting that PF refuses to acknowledge that she indulged in a full-blown drunken escapade, complete with running down the street screeching out names...as witnessed by several of the women. Behind all her posturing and bluster there's no self-awareness.

Some time during her extended dramatics, someone - I think Janet - snarked "and go find the other leg of your pants." Funniest comment of the night.

If I were Janet, I'd be annoyed that Chyka and Lydia somehow escaped unscathed from Rumorgate, despite their instigation of the whole thing. But the editors had their fun with Lydia's little mini-meltdown over the seating arrangement.

And do Chyka's makeup artist and stylist have a grudge? Because that green eye shadow and jewelry were horrible. She looked divine from the floor up to the neck - the dress was stunning - and then the jewelry and makeup are sitting there, waiting to attack your eyeballs.

Manuela, ugh.  Enough said.  Well, except for please let that be the last of her.

Gamble managed to hold her own; she's capable of some smart, quiet little zingers. Surely it helped to have Rick there. His support for Gamble throws some of the others off - I wonder if they would be more savage if Gamble were on her own. That's how some of them perceive status - whether a woman has a rich partner.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2

And I couldn't stand him yelling "shut up" at them, because I think a paid moderator shouldn't have to resort to that.

Seriously, any idiot could yell "Shut up!", I would expect a paid moderator to have some finesse.

Yeah, Manuela is horrid.

Gamble was right, Manuela is a piece of shit and a c word.

Also: It freaks me out that her wrinkled, corded neck doesn't match her weirdly smooth face. Can't doctors make that crap match?

The least she could do is get a damn scarf.

Gamble calls Manuela snotty, and what does Manuela do?  Act snotty!!! 

The rest of the ladies stayed true to form.  Janet continued to stir the pot and then turned on her friends PF and Lydia. Janet should pray that Manuela is joining the cast next season, that icy bitch Manuela would make Janet look like Olivia Newton-John.  PF crumbled, Jackie redeemed herself, Lydia looked great, Chyka brought the positivity and my girls Gamble and Gina brought the laughs.

• Love 5

I don't think Gina is trying to be racist when mocking Pettifleur's accent, but once she heard why she's so sensitive about it, Gina could have said she won't do it anymore. She's still my girl, though: smart, snarky and unapologetic. PF is as someone up thread noted just a rude, obnoxious bore. I wish they'd had footage of her drunken antics that everyone recalled except her. Instead of fucking melting down, she should have said she remembers no such thing. Instead, she goes mad and calls everyone a liar. There's no way they'd all agree on what happened unless it actually happened.

Lydiot--good name!

I like Gamble a lot, too, and pray that Maneuela will NOT be joining the cast. She is toxic.

Still don't get why they wear gowns to the reunion. Weird. Ladies Who Lunch outfits would be much more suitable.

• Love 3

I hesitate to call Gina's mockery of Pettifleur's accent racist, because in my life many friends' and colleagues' accents have been the subject of teasing - Irish, Jamaican, southern, native American, and so on, regardless of the color of a person's skin. Of course, it's not supposed to be done in a mean way, and that's really the point - Gina won't acknowledge that she's being rude and mean to persist once PF objected.

Has PF been taking notes from NeNe? Because storming off the reunion stage is becoming a thing. It's interesting that PF refuses to acknowledge that she indulged in a full-blown drunken escapade, complete with running down the street screeching out names...as witnessed by several of the women. Behind all her posturing and bluster there's no self-awareness.

What's funny to me is who the fuck would buy her "Switch the Bitch" book after watching her storm off like a petulant child?   A self-confident woman would address those issues head on and not run away so people run after her.  And the tears?  Please.  She's a complete moron.

Other than PF and Lydia, I love all of these ladies.  Jackie annoyed me to no end first couple of episodes of Season 1, but I love her.  Wish she'd drop the pyschic bullshit, but I love her personality.

Chyka is perfection.  Gamble seems like a fun person to hang around and I love her fiance.  Gina is who she is and I love that she doesn't apologize for it.  Janet knows how to work a reality show.  Her face, along with the moderator, hurts me though.  It's so pulled.  

• Love 6

I actually do like Gina, but she is definitely a bitch, and the accent stuff was over the line in my book.  I’m no Pettifleur fan, but as an American, frankly, I find Pettifleur’s accent easier to understand than Gina’s, sometimes.  More classically British.  I think it’s the twang (for lack of a better word) that Gina dwells on, and that’s at a minimum classist, if not racist.  Especially since she doesn’t seem to be grasping at every opportunity to mock buddy Gamble’s horrific Valley Girl speech  Hopefully she checks herself on that and stops doubling down on it.

I have a soft spot for Lydia because she’s so convinced she’s Lady Bountiful, and her behavior with her housekeeper’s family (and the housekeeper) is so excruciatingly condescending.  She doesn’t get it.  I especially loved when she was falling all over the place patting herself on the back for giving the family a picture frame in which to put a picture of their daughter... and HERSELF!   In the same episode, Chyka talks about an employee in much the same way (she takes amazing care of us, we couldn’t live without her, we ADORE her) and it’s so completely genuine and respectful.

I’m waiting for somebody on the show to mention Janet’s nose to her face.  She really must have social clout, because they don’t go there. They’ll call her the c word, but “nose” is apparently the new n word on RHOM.

I’ve decided Gina, Janet, and Chyka are smart and quick.  Pettifleur is quick but dumb.  And Gamble is actually somewhat bright, but really slow.  And Lydia is ... pretty.

• Love 2

Yes, you can get a neck lift but it costs extra! The neck is the first to show signs of age (along with the hands) so I don't know why some women chose to ignore that part of their "rejuvenations". 

• Love 2

Gina's comments were racist. There's a difference between an American affectionately mocking the accents of friends/colleagues with European Irish accents, than a small brown woman being picked on by a white woman after objecting clearly and repeatedly, while a group of white women watch. Additionally, she had her accent criticized by someone who openly stated she did not like her. There's no way to put an innocent spin on Gina's offensive behavior.

If PF was a nicer woman who didn't say stupid things all the time, probably Gina wouldn't have wanted to make fun of her. But to make fun of someone for their ethnicity is wrong.

• Love 5

I think the difference is that Gina and Pettifleur are NOT friends, and if they were, they don't have that kind of relationship. I have friends as well with whom I'd tease about their accent; but they are both in on and okay with the joke. I also have friends I'd never tease about their accent because I know it would offend them. Gina doesn't care if she offends Pettifleur because 1) they aren't friends, and 2) she doesn't feel she has done anything wrong. Since she's a barrister, I'd think she would worry about how she comes across but that also doesn't seem to be a concern for her (in this instance at least).

• Love 5

Since she's a barrister, I'd think she would worry about how she comes across but that also doesn't seem to be a concern for he

Meh, I doubt Gina cares. She is from an immigrant family as well. Petti is a bully who has decided the race card will work nicely here. By the time she started crying over her poor abused childhood we all knew she had no tears.

Just calling it racism doesn't make it so. And I for one find this boo hoo racism crap from wealthy ladies who lunch terrible since these same individuals wouldn't lift a finger or write a check to address this as a public issue.

• Love 7

I think you're assuming my friends and I are all of white European descent to make a point. Not true.

I apologize if it came off that way.  I wasn't really referring to you, I probably shouldn't have quoted you.  I was using a white American/friendly Irish relationship to make my point.

I actually liked and "liked" your post.

It was interesting to note a difference between the American and Australian production in the way real life breaks through in ways that it doesn't in the US. One example is that I don't think Andy would have allowed the ladies mentioning that they were on a press tour together to have made it past editing.  Then there was Gamble quietly asking Gina if what they were doing was good TV or crap, and that was shown complete with sub-titles.  I've noticed other examples thoughout the series too. 

Gamble!  That comment to Manuela about being too dry!  Crude but hysterical.  She delivers statements like that so seriously and doesn't back down afterward or giggle it off.  Someone deserves an award for casting her on the show.

I have a feeling Pettifleur gave Gina plenty of reason to both look down on and dislike her.   The incident on the press tour when the others said Pettifleur was drinking featured her accusing Gina of not being a barrister.  Pettifleur was particularly nasty to Gamble and that seemed unprovoked.  Who knows what else she did.  She showed a rather nasty  and disdainful attitude several times on the show.  She probably is able to pull that kind of thing on less self-assured people, but Gina and Gamble don't back down.  Gina seems to have been able to determine her weak spot and she aimed for it.    

What was up with Jackie breaking out the foreign language (Croatian?) she was suddenly using during the reunion.  I can't remember her doing that before.  Surprised we didn't get an appearance by Ben at the reunion.

Janet goes too over the top and not a little mean girl.  Even if she's doing it for the camera, it's unattractive.  Why was she suddenly going in for the attack on Pettifleur during the reunion? 

• Love 3

I'm honestly at a loss and now think that this is all totally crap because after all the fighting, Gamble at least said she considered all these "ladies" friends. What? So yea it's all invented and none of it means squat.

Ok I'm not really shocked but come on, at least pretend to the end people.

What I liked about this show, as opposed to the US versions, is that it's fun There is no bloodshed. No arrests. No people charging one another. They're snarky and nasty but then they seem to laugh. I love the Gina/Jackie thing that they go at it and then have lunch. That's great. It shows that they don't take this crap seriously as it's for TV and not rocket science. I miss that attitude on the US shows. 

I detest PF. She's a poser and she's not a "bitch" as she was a complete weasel here, fake crying and running when she's confronted with bad behavior. Own it, Baby, if you misbehave, own it. What a loser.

I think Jackie may be in trouble next season as she claimed her status is up in the air. I like her as she's a nut but she's fun.

Gina is a dreadful bitch but she basically owns it....sometimes. She's good TV but I do have a hard time looking at her Dynasty look. It's so '80's, it's like I'm in a time warp and want to switch on WKRP.

Gamble is fine but her voice grates on me. She's Gina's chump and I think she'll find that out soon enough. The fiance is a doll.

I can't help but like Janet. She's a shit stirrer but funny.

And Chyka....she's the best. I just love her, her husband, her kids, her house, her business. All of it. I just love her and she makes me want to watch more and more. She's a breath of fresh air. I hope she stays classy, with a side of shade.

This show is great because it's fun. That's all. I wish the US versions were fun again. It's sadly missing on our side of the Housewife world.

• Love 11

What was up with Jackie breaking out the foreign language (Croatian?) she was suddenly using during the reunion.  I can't remember her doing that before.  Surprised we didn't get an appearance by Ben at the reunion.

Janet goes too over the top and not a little mean girl.  Even if she's doing it for the camera, it's unattractive.  Why was she suddenly going in for the attack on Pettifleur during the reunion?

Jackie was cursing, she said word c*nt in Croatian. I'm from Slovakia and our curse word for it is very similar..

• Love 1

Jackie was cursing, she said word c*nt in Croatian. I'm from Slovakia and our curse word for it is very similar..

That's interesting.  Wasn't she so appalled by Gina's use of the word in English when it was discussed during the first series reunion? 

A question for any Australian viewers: are the U.S. Housewives shows shown in Australia? If so, some or how many of them? I'm wondering what you guys make of them.

All the Real Housewives have aired here, they've been on for years and we get ALL the different versions of it. We even got Vancouver (RIP! I miss that one so much!) and we currently get Cheshire. They're very popular, that is why Foxtel decided to create a local version, because they knew there would be an audience for it guaranteed.

• Love 2

All the Real Housewives have aired here, they've been on for years and we get ALL the different versions of it. We even got Vancouver (RIP! I miss that one so much!) and we currently get Cheshire. They're very popular, that is why Foxtel decided to create a local version, because they knew there would be an audience for it guaranteed.

Oh ok. Cheshire? I haven't even heard of it. Thanks.

I get the Gina love. She's not the nicest, but she is smart, and she tells it like it is. Some people, like Petty, need to be told. I think Gina doesn't suffer fools gladly. She could use more tact, but she doesn't choose to.

To me, these are all good reasons NOT to like someone.  I don't understand how being smart is more important than being a kind, decent person.  

• Love 2
(edited)

To me, these are all good reasons NOT to like someone.  I don't understand how being smart is more important than being a kind, decent person.

There's a big distinction here.  Would I like to work with or hang out with Gina?  Absolutely not!  Do I love it when she tells a complete asshole they're acting like a complete asshole?  Absolutely!  She brings the drama in a witty, fun way. That's why I watch reality shows.

Kind decent people are great to be friends or co-workers with, but they make lethally boring TV.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I don't think I'd have Gina as a friend, but she does make for entertaining TV. Like Ramona on Real Housewives of New York. Wouldn't want to be her, wouldn't want to be her friend, but I do enjoy watching her. I have a friend who is a bit like Gina, and I don't talk to her as much as I used to, because I realized that I would get nervous before calling her or emailing her, and that was not a good sign. Like Gina, she's sharp and sharp-tongued, but she's not very nice sometimes.

• Love 3
(edited)

Meh, I doubt Gina cares. She is from an immigrant family as well. Petti is a bully who has decided the race card will work nicely here. By the time she started crying over her poor abused childhood we all knew she had no tears.

Just calling it racism doesn't make it so. And I for one find this boo hoo racism crap from wealthy ladies who lunch terrible since these same individuals wouldn't lift a finger or write a check to address this as a public issue.

Thank you! Just calling it racism, because that's your opinion, doesn't make it so. Gina was rude, but the reason she makes fun of PFs accent is because PF made it clear that she doesn't have an accent. Anyone with ears that lives in Australia can pick up PFs accent. Just because PF doesn't think she has an accent doesn't make it so...

It has nothing to do with skin color. PF acts like she is above the other ladies and this was Ginas way of calling her out. Only because it was clear that PF was in denial about her accent and pompous attitude. I really don't think Gina would have picked on her accent for no reason if PF didn't make it a subject by denying it. I also think Gina felt PF was a bitch. You can be a bitch in any color.

With that said, I thought Gina was funny but needed to reign it in a bit.

I swear, if I said I like the white meat not the dark meat on chicken people would call me racist.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 3
(edited)

Thank you! Just calling it racism, because that's your opinion, doesn't make it so. Gina was rude, but the reason she makes fun of PFs accent is because PF made it clear that she doesn't have an accent. Anyone with ears that lives in Australia can pick up PFs accent. Just because PF doesn't think she has an accent doesn't make it so...

It has nothing to do with skin color. PF acts like she is above the other ladies and this was Ginas way of calling her out. Only because it was clear that PF was in denial about her accent and pompous attitude. I really don't think Gina would have picked on her accent for no reason if PF didn't make it a subject by denying it. I also think Gina felt PF was a bitch. You can be a bitch in any color.

With that said, I thought Gina was funny but needed to reign it in a bit.

I swear, if I said I like the white meat not the dark meat on chicken people would call me racist.

Racism is not, and has never been solely about skin color. That is a myopic, disrespectful and insensitive way of addressing racism and minimalizes the issue. Edited by Shelby

Racism is not, and has never been solely about skin color. That is a myopic, disrespectful and insensitive way of addressing racism and minimalizes the issue.

With all due respect, I disagree with your comment.

If PF was a white lady from the United Kingdom or a white lady from a Southern state known for heavy accents and she acted like a b@tch and claimed she had no accent and Gina made fun of her accent, how is that racism? If there was another housewife with darker skin on this show would it then be ok because she wasn't outnumbered as was inferred earlier? (Referring to the comment she's the only "brown" housewife - not my words)

In my opinion, I am not a disrespectful, myopic or insensitive person. I would hope posters here would refrain from attacking people because of them holding a different opinion.

PIMO comments like these are used to silence people.

I don't know Gina so I don't know what her true motives are when it comes to PF. To ASSUME she's racist is quite the accusation. My comments were to state that we don't know that's Gina. Making fun of PFs accent BECAUSE PF was acting like a bitch who insisted she doesn't have an accent when most Australians hear her accent is the only point I was making here.

IMO Gina also has a heavy accent. Is it insensitive or racist of me to say that? Would your answer be no because Gina is white?

• Love 3