Type keyword(s) to search

Give The Devil His Due: Lucifer In The Media

(edited)

At this point, I wouldn't mind if it were Chloe. (as long as they don't take it further... ) I'm afraid they'll drag out her disbelief just because that's what the do on TV but I think she's seen enough to at least consider that something is going on. I mean, Lucifer was dead. There was a huge blood stain on his shirt. How much more convincing does she need?

Edited by CheshireCat

I hope they're not going to try & create some kind of love triangle with Lucifer, Chloe & the forensic scientist. Maybe if we're lucky they'll drop Chloe as any kind of romantic interest & just have her pop in occasionally for cases. Until she is tragically killed while on duty, the show times jumps 20 years, & Lucifer & Trixie (now a cop) hook up.

• Love 2

I don't really think she looks like Chloe that much,but that would be hilarious if Lucifer's attraction to Chloe was caused by his mommy issues.

(Maybe it helps that I have no idea who Shohreh Agdashloo is (although it does sound familiar) or that i had no expectations for the casting).

I have no clue what the plan is for Chloe. She's a character that interests Lucifer. A lot of it having to do with why he can't manipulate her like he can other regular humans. I can only think that they are somehow related. Or she has some sort of other worldly origins that only "Dad" knows about. Since Lucifer never tried to get any information out of Trixie, we don't know if it's an inherited trait. It might be beneficial to be related. Due to the show being on prime time network TV, Lucifer wouldn't get tied down with Chloe. Literally or figuratively. 

I'm also concerned with network interference. They can really ruin a TV show. I don't know if network interference ruined Sleepy Hollow, but they too added too many irrelevant characters. The show started out great, but things went downhill in it's second season.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I have no clue what the plan is for Chloe.

Unfortunately, I find that one pretty obvious to guess...

3 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

She's a character that interests Lucifer. A lot of it having to do with why he can't manipulate her like he can other regular humans. I can only think that they are somehow related. Or she has some sort of other worldly origins that only "Dad" knows about. Since Lucifer never tried to get any information out of Trixie,

He did. It led to her telling him about a scar on Chloe's butt which is from her mother's dog ;-)

(edited)
2 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Interesting. I don't remember that. I will have to pay more attention on the re-watch. 

It was in the episode after the one in which he realized Chloe made him vulnerable/in which Maze slept with Amenadiel ;-))

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 1
(edited)

@Commando Cody ,it's in the second to last episode of the season, and the scene is also on YouTube, I'd link it but I'm not sure if that's allowed since cutting scenes to YouTube may not be legal. But you should check it out, information out of Trixie came at a price even for pal Lucifer.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

well that's disappointing. Nothing against the actress. I just don't know how they sustain the "mom" storyline for more than a few eps. The show has enough characters that we've barely gotten into and now they are throwing in more, and she'll probably get a lot of screentime if she's so beloved already.

• Love 2

Shouldn't they wait until the episodes have actually aired before making a decision like that? Perhaps it would be first good to see how the audience reacts to the storyline they have planned. If it doesn't work well, there's no point in making her a series regular.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, sinkwriter said:

Shouldn't they wait until the episodes have actually aired before making a decision like that? Perhaps it would be first good to see how the audience reacts to the storyline they have planned. If it doesn't work well, there's no point in making her a series regular.

Oh, you and your pesky logic!

• Love 1

This is on Saturday's schedule from San Diego ComicCon, so we should be getting some more info on S2.

http://www.outerplaces.com/science-fiction/item/12787-the-ultimate-guide-to-san-diego-comic-con-2016

1:30pm - 2:10pm Lucifer Special Video Presentation and Q&A - Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
All Hell will break loose as Lucifer returns to heat things up in San Diego. Indulge your deepest desires and be among the first to get the scoop on what's sure to be a devilishly fun second season! Get a sizzling sneak peek at season 2, followed by a panel with series stars as well as executive producers Joe Henderson (White Collar) and Ildy Modrovich (CSI: Miami). From Jerry Bruckheimer Television in association with Warner Bros. Television and based on characters created by Neal Gaiman, Sam Kieth and Mike Dringenberg for Vertigo from DC Entertainment, Lucifer returns September 19, airing Mondays 9/8c on FOX. Lucifer: The Complete First Season will be released on DVD on August 23.

How many series regular do they have now? Ellis, German, Brandt, Woodside, Harris, Garcia was made a regular if I remember correctly, Hefner is now a regular, is Alejandro still a regular? That makes 8. I do try to remind myself that "series regular" does not necessarily mean that they appear in every episode and are just under a contract which makes them, as actors, available when they are needed. However, my previous experiences with a lot of regulars who also appear to have storylines and aren't just supporting characters has not been good. And it sounds like they all do have stories - Ellis, German, Brandt and Woodside is obvious, Hefner is Mom, so there's a story, there is also a story with Alejandro and they also have to fit in Harris and Garcia. I'm trying to stay positive but they're making it rather hard...

• Love 1
13 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

That would mean stopping production and then not being able to catch up with the air dates though. I think they are shooting ep 3 at the moment, so when the first ep airs, a bunch of them are already in post production. It might be easier if it was a CGI-less show. Also, I'd be worried if they didn't have a season outline by now. I do agree about the worrying amount of regulars however. Maybe the showrunners should watch Nashville. The amount of characters in there might scare them off from adding any more characters.

• Love 1
(edited)

Isn't Scarlet Estevez listed as a regular too? DB Woodside was barely in the first half of season 1, "Et Tu Doctor" was really the only episode Rachel Harris got to fully participate in. Woodside I'm confident will get more screen time next season, Harris (and Kevin Alejandro) I worry about getting put to the side too much. I really don't like when shows bring on new people without letting existing characters/actors expand. Though Kevin Rankin managed to get in the regular cast once Malcolm awoke, and he wasn't heavily involved in every single episode of the last half of the season and was obviously not going to stick around, so, maybe these execs are just easy to negotiate that with. 

Edited by Gigi43

http://tvline.com/2016/08/10/charisma-carpenter-lucifer-season-2-playmate/

Charisma Carpenter is guest-starring in a Season 2 episode of Fox’s Lucifer, the Buffyverse alumna shared via Twitter. TVLine has since confirmed that Carpenter will be playing Jamie Lee Adrienne, a former Playmate with a lot of party years on her. Married to a once-successful action star, Jamie Lee’s demeanor suggests sadness and pain — or that she is hiding something….

• Love 4

Season One DVD being released tomorrow and it contains lots of extras!

Also, from the Lucifer FB page, our favorite little girl has done quite a bit of growing up since S1!
14088460_1196079287116242_61417475953105

Edited by ProudMary
  • Love 2

"Hots for Mom" is definitely not the impression I got from the end of the season 1 finale.

On 6/17/2016 at 3:32 AM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

They sure aren't counting on grabbing much of the male demo, are they.  Right against Monday Night football.

I'm guessing that the way the chips fell on the respective leads' charisma means the showrunners decided they'd better aim for every woman and gay man Ellis can lure to the show rather than pin their hopes on German drawing the straight male audience.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

Ew

I won't even bother visiting that link. The headline is enough of a turn off. Fail if it is a click bait

I read it. I watched most of last season (then something I liked a bit more was put opposite it). It seems like click bait to me. They mostly talk about how Tricia Helfer (Mom) is only 4 years older than Tom Ellis in real life, & maybe is the new "Stacey's Mom" & Luci's attracted to the body ("vessel") his Mom inhabits, & how Luci & Amenadiel "find themselves in the world of Stifler" (from American Pie) next season, & that Luci wouldn't be happy if 1 of his single friends--& they mention his friend Dan being single--hooked up with his Mom.

• Love 1

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-fox-week-6-lucifer-is-still-a-tossup-longer-season-or-not/

FOX has given “Lucifer” a full 22-episode order for its second season. Which probably says as much or more about the sorry state of dramas at the network than anything about the merits of “Lucifer” itself.

The show is averaging a 1.1 rating so far this season, just 0.4 above replacement level and below FOX’s scripted average even if you remove “Empire” from the equation. And yet it’s a middle-of-the-pack player for the network, substantially behind “Empire” and “Lethal Weapon” yet ahead of “Rosewood,” “Pitch” and “The Exorcist.” Monday-night companion “Gotham” is right in line with it.

FOX doesn’t own the show, so its incentives to keep it on the air aren’t as great as they would be for a show that came from in house. It will get an extra nine episodes to prove (or hang) itself later this season, but it’s likely to remain in tossup territory until the Bear gets a look at how FOX’s other dramas perform in the winter.

3 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

1) How is he old enough to be Chloe's dad? 

I'm assuming he'll be appearing in flashbacks as we were told early in Season One that Chloe's father died when she was a teenager.

• Love 1

http://hiddenremote.com/2016/11/15/monday-tv-ratings-lucifer-hits-4-week-high-conviction-rises/

Fox’s sophomore drama Lucifer continued to prove its worth to Fox on Monday night pulling in 3.9 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating on the night. Monday’s new Lucifer was up 11 and 10 percent week-to-week to deliver its second-largest audience of the season while hitting a 4-week high in the coveted Adults 18-49 age demo.

• Love 1

It would seem, from her Instagram post tonight, that Lesley-Ann Brandt is pregnant.  It certainly will be interesting to see how the writers handle this.

It was the summer of 2017 ? #ohBABY @chrispaynegilbert

Edited by ProudMary
  • Love 1
On 1/1/2017 at 10:16 PM, ProudMary said:

It would seem, from her Instagram post tonight, that Lesley-Ann Brandt is pregnant.  It certainly will be interesting to see how the writers handle this.

Well, I know Kim Kardashian made headlines for wearing a tight leather skirt while several months pregnant. A pregnant blogger decided to try the same outfit just to see what it would be like and discovered the meaning of suffering for fashion. But I have seen lots of pants and skirts that are leather on the front but stretchy on the back so at least Maze will still be able to dress as usual.

Plot-wise, I look forward to the delicious awkwardness of Amenadiel finding out he's the father... I assume that's how the show will handle it.