Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Voting

• Start Topic

(edited)

Of those who made it, I voted for almost all of them at least once, if not repeatedly (only people who never got my votes were Kass and Terry).  Sabrina continually got my votes, as did Shane and T-Bird, so those 3 didn't get on.  I voted for Monica, even though I didn't remember her.  But she seemed better than Mikayla and Stephanie.  I like that almost all the people Russell was campaigning for didn't make it.  Monica was the only one, I believe.  I did throw some votes Natalie's way a couple of times, but not losing any sleep over that one.  Just glad this isn't so recent-season heavy.  I prepared for the worst, but as Jiffy kept reading the names, was smiling bigger and bigger.

I feel like Jeff really likes saying Kelly Wiglesworth's last name.

Edited by LadyChatts

Actively like one member of each gender, am open to liking three or four women among those I've seen before and two of the men.  I haven't seen I think two women and two men.  Actively dislike two of the women and two of the men.  I guess that's not as terrible as I thought.  I have basically committed to be meh about Kimmi, Woo, and Spencer.

I read the Reality Blurred article going into tonight. Apparently, three people who were considered for the voting: Greg, Ian and Shambo. Damn, I totally would've voted for Ian. And anytime I think of Shambo, I remember Miss Alli's recap of an episode where she led off by using "Russell" about 20-30 times, then ended with, "Also, Shambo's mullet."

• Love 3

An early angle to look at, this is the oldest Survivor cast ever. I think the average age is 35. I think some of the younger players (Spencer, Joe, Ciera, Kelley) are going to be at a huge disadvantage. I hope they don't go with a men vs. women cast. 

• Love 2

I don't get people thinking Kass and especially Abi-Maria are locks.  I never voted for them.  They were so unpleasant, they made me want to tear my hair out watching them. And neither seemed particularly smart. I don't want to see again people that I hated. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Well, to paraphrase the all-knowing Dan, opinions may differ, but facts are facts, and when you're wrong, you're wrong. So I have to admit I was very wrong, and I'm sorry about that. From the very bottom of my heart! I hope that you can be a big enough man to forgive me.

...Anyway, I was wrong.  I guess people do vote for villains.  Though how they vote for those two and not Shane still boggles my mind.

• Love 3

An early angle to look at, this is the oldest Survivor cast ever. I think the average age is 35. I think some of the younger players (Spencer, Joe, Ciera, Kelley) are going to be at a huge disadvantage. I hope they don't go with a men vs. women cast. 

That's my biggest worry, is that there will be some stupid divide (young vs old, old school vs new school).  I always thought Terry had some stupid chip on his shoulder about leadership and calling the shots, and even though he aligned with younger men (probably because he had no choice in his tribe), I felt like he would have ditched them for older, more unlikable and unstrategic goats.  I'm hoping he is an early out.  Jeff said they didn't know how they were going to divide them up, but I'm betting 2 Cagayan people on each tribe, to make it even.  Since there are 4 from that season, more than any other, I wonder if that ends up making them targets.  I just want a logical, strategic game.

I'm surprised at how many people I actually recognized, but Shirin again? Seriously? I don't want to see her again.

Are they really going straight from the show to filming?

• Love 2

FEMALES: Kelly, Kimmi, Peih-Gee, Ciera, Abi Maria, Kass, Monica, Kelley, Shirin, Tasha

MALES: Jeff, Keith, Vytas, Terry, Andrew, Stephen, Woo, Jeremy, Spencer, Joe

So let's see, who didn't get in?

WOMEN: T-Bird, Stephanie, Natalie, Mikayla, Sabrina, Carolyn

MEN: Shane, Jim Rice, Troyzan, Culpepper, Max, and Mike (ineligible)

I'm betting it was Andrew Savage who was bumped up when Mike won.

I guess I'm most surprised and disappointed by Shane's elimination than anyone's. T-Bird was also a disappointment and a bit of a surprise, but I suppose both of them were a bit too old (both in age and in season). Maybe a bit surprised that Carolyn didn't make it, and I kinda feel like she deserves another shot, but I won't miss her too much.

My last disappointment: Terry, ugh!

• Love 2

I don't know if they plan on releasing the rankings or not, but I'd love to see them.  I am curious who got bumped in because of Mike and where everyone ultimately landed.

Andrew looked damn good I have to say.  Sure doesn't look to be in his 50s.  Probst had to have been excited about that one.

I'm really bummed that Shane didn't make it.  That guy was entertainment gold in his original season, and it's too bad he seems to have been a bit forgotten by fans if he's been bumped out for all these more recent players.  With Mike making himself ineligible due to his victory, Shane's odds got even better on paper.  I would infinitely rather see Shane again than the likes of Keith, who you know isn't going to bring anything new to the table.

• Love 2

I read the Reality Blurred article going into tonight. Apparently, three people who were considered for the voting: Greg, Ian and Shambo. Damn, I totally would've voted for Ian. And anytime I think of Shambo, I remember Miss Alli's recap of an episode where she led off by using "Russell" about 20-30 times, then ended with, "Also, Shambo's mullet."

From what Jeff said on twitter, all declined for various reasons.  He said Greg had work commitments, but didn't give reasons for the other 2.  He said R.C. from the Philippines was also asked but declined.  I doubt Shambo will ever return, she seems to have moved on and is happy with it.  I was most surprised about Greg.  I thought he was one that also put Survivor behind him, like Colleen Haskell (who will forever remain on my wish list, no matter how many times she'll say no) but it appears he would have been interested in this season if not for having a conflict.

• Love 1

Only disappointed that Shane didn't make it.  Otherwise, I can't really complain.  Quite a few people (mostly those who didn't make it) who I just don't remember at all.

I honestly thought Shane was a lock but I guess that was not the case.  I really wanted to see Crazy Shane and season one Kelly the most out of all of the people so at least Kelly made it on.  Though I highly doubt she would have come back unless it was certain that she would get on the show.  With that the entire Borneo final four have each played more than one season.

Colleen, Shambo, Michelle from Earl's season and Twila are the women I would love to see come back the most.  Shambo was all sorts of awesome and that mullet was kick ass.  Ian would have been great for this season because of his showdown with Tom in that final challenge.  If anyone deserves a second chance it would have been him.

Jeff keeps on going on about how Savage was screwed by the outcast twist but how about Silas? 

If anyone was screwed by a twist it was him.

I'm really bummed that Shane didn't make it.  That guy was entertainment gold in his original season, and it's too bad he seems to have been a bit forgotten by fans if he's been bumped out for all these more recent players.  With Mike making himself ineligible due to his victory, Shane's odds got even better on paper.  I would infinitely rather see Shane again than the likes of Keith, who you know isn't going to bring anything new to the table.

I quoted this because I agree with everything you said but I pretty much had my say about Shane under the first post I quoted.  I will say this, I remember on TWOP there were a ton of anti-Shane people.  I wonder if it is a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I would love to find out who got bumped up into Mike's space.

The only three people that I voted for on a regular basis that did not make it were Sabrina, T-Bird, and Troy.  So I am pretty happy with the outcome.

I'm glad someone else mentioned Silas.  He, and one could argue his alliance, got screwed by the first ever twist thrown into Survivor.  And it may have very well kept T-Bird through until the merge, because if the tribe swap didn't happen, she might have gone early.  I really wish they had included more pre-Micronesia people.  It seemed that enough were willing, if SM is anything to go by, and they were memorable enough personalities with high finishes that I don't think they would have been considered forgettable.  We've had almost 500 people play the game, I wish they would have included more.  32 was such a small number.  No one cared about the reunion tonight anyway, so we could have just spent the whole hour revealing the S31 line up.  I would have loved to see Silas, Lindsey (also screwed by the tribal swap in Africa), Neleh, Sean, and Gina from Marquesas, Matt from Amazon, Tijuana from PI, Twila from Vanuatu, Katie and Ian from Palau, anyone from Guatemala, Courtney from EI, Sundra, Nate, Jenny, Becky, and Adam from CI (I know Sundra and Becky mainly got by thanks to Ozzy and Yul, but I'd like to see what all these years and not having those two would do for them), and especially Aaron from China and Tracy from Micronesia.  So she'd be my only player to fall out of the first 15 seasons.  I know they can't include everybody, and truthfully it wasn't entirely heart breaking tonight seeing the results, so maybe it's a good thing more of my favorites weren't included in the overall casting pool.

(I know Sundra and Becky mainly got by thanks to Ozzy and Yul

I think Yul would say Becky was a key factor in their strategy decisions, but he was the one interacting with Penner and thus seemed more like the major player, both on camera and the island.  There are actually two to four scenes where it's clear they really were a partnership, even when it made NO SENSE for them to do so.  Like them talking about how each would get jury votes against the other and being able to step outside their own games to advise the other.

I'm not sure if Becky sucking at that fire challenge won Yul a million dollars, but it's entirely possible.  I think a jury HATES watching that the day before they vote and it cost Carolyn at least a vote or two tonight.

• Love 1

Overall, most of my votes for picked for the cast, so I can't be too upset that only Shane, T-Bird and Sabrina didn't make the final list.  Who knows, maybe some of the players we see as semi-duds right now will surprise us in their second appearances, a la Parvati or Cochran.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm glad someone else mentioned Silas.

Boy that's somebody I'd really be interested in seeing again.  I think he seemed pretty bitter at the time, so I have no idea if he would ever consent or want to go again.   And actually Brandon from that season is also someone they should have tried to get.  I don't think he was very popular with production and/or Jeff, but I will always maintain he was a little ahead of his time strategy-wise.  (The game eventually evolved to how he wanted to play with flipping votes and setting up new alliances.)   

Edited by vb68

They probably will - if they're really going straight into the game, they'll need to have a simple divide ready to go, and men vs. women (especially when the voting specifically split players by sex instead of just forcing you to pick a set number from the whole group) seems easiest/most logical/laziest. And this show is all about being lazy these days.

Very possible. Which I'll be very bummed about because the age differences will absolutely become a factor in gender split tribes. I think Joe and Spencer would have no shot in that case. 

(edited)

Silas was pretty gracious when he was voted out and his post game interviews. The only person from Africa I would really like to return is Kelly Goldsmith. Some others from the early seasons: John Carroll, Neleh, Helen, Deena, and Heidi (just so she can  be on the older women's tribe after the comments she made during her season).

I think Kelley and Ciera will be fine on  the age front both come across older plus  Ciera is married and has two children which might help her bond with some of the older players. I'm more worried about Joe and Spencer not fitting in due to age because both come across as being in their 20s especially with how popular both of them are. I think Natalie and McKayla would have had a hard time with an older cast.

Edited by choclatechip45

I'm really disappointed Kass got on, I was essentially neutral on everyone except for her. i thought she was awful and unenjoyable to watch the first time around and it bugs me that was rewarded with her getting a second chance. 

Survivor is kind of torturous for me- I like the show but some of these people are unbearable, and I know I'm not alone but for me it's unbearable to the point where I mute or turn the tv off. Not sure yet which category the new season will be in. Depends how long Kass lasts.  

• Love 1

Greg Buis and/or Colleen would be amazing. That would make the show legendary forever in my mind, not sure how to top that.

At least from Probst's tweet it sounds like Greg is open to playing again. It sounds like his work commitments prevented him from playing this time around. He's an executive for an energy company.

• Love 1

Greg Buis 16 years later? Please. please make this happen. 

also (sigh). Who is Monica?. Why don't I remember her? This is driving me insane, it's like Laura Morette from Blood vs Water. No clue who she was either. 

• Love 1

OMG. Shirin AND Abi Maria AND Kass all on the same season of Survivor? The Annoyance factor just shot into the fucking stratosphere. I don't know if I can watch. It will definitely make me stabby and prone to tossing projectiles at my TV screen.

But staring at Joe will help ease the pain. Unfortunately, the fact that he's likable and a challenge monster will be fresh in everyone's minds. Bye, Joe. :(

Monica was on Russell's first season, she drove him crazy when she said if he voted her out, she would do all she could to sway the jury not to vote for him because he already has a lot of money and doesn't need it. I like her for standing up to Russell, and well, she's also hot.

If they were smart that would have Terry & Savage on different tribes. Kass & Abi on different tribes. Kass, Spencer & Tasha on different tribes. I guess you want Kimmie & Varner on the same tribe just in case they don't make the merge. Also, maybe have Joe & Shirrin on different tribes, too.

• Love 1

Monica was on Russell's first season, she drove him crazy when she said if he voted her out, she would do all she could to sway the jury not to vote for him because he already has a lot of money and doesn't need it. I like her for standing up to Russell, and well, she's also hot.

Oohhh

Thank you. I like that

(and yah she's pretty :) and she was super happy to have been chosen)

• Love 1
(edited)

Very possible. Which I'll be very bummed about because the age differences will absolutely become a factor in gender split tribes. I think Joe and Spencer would have no shot in that case. 

I think both have an uphill battle regardless.  However, in a tribe split by gender, it might actually work in their favor.  I could see them getting Woo and Jeremy on their side.  Where they might have the trouble is with Andrew, Terry, and Jeff.  We'll see if Keith bought a clue yet, but who knows what he will do.  I actually think they will probably divide more along season lines-2 Cagayan on each side, Joe and Shirin on opposite sides, Vytas and Ciera on opposite sides, etc.  Unless they think pairing people together from their original seasons would create good drama (like Kass, Spencer, and Tasha), but they may not want to risk like what happened in the first AS, and people voting out of spite and bitterness.  I really can't believe they'd put 3 or all of the S28 crew on the same tribe.  That'd be trying attention that they have the most from their season out there, and regardless of how they might feel about each other, people may not want to take a chance of them having a voting bloc.

Out of the young, pretty, forgettable ladies, I'm glad Monica was chosen.  I remember nothing about her from Samoa, but I was voting for her.  I found her way more appealing than the likes of Stephanie, Natalie, and Mikayla, who I also thought were wastes of spaces for better candidates.  I felt the same about Monica, too, but since we had those 4, she got my vote.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I will say this, I remember on TWOP there were a ton of anti-Shane people.  I wonder if it is a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I disliked him a lot on his season, but I voted for him every day because honestly, I think every season should have a crazy person.  I would have loved to have seen how some of the self-proclaimed villains like Kass and Abi-Maria would have dealt with him.

Yeah I didn't remember Monica, but she ran a good campaign so I can see why people voted for her.

I didn't watch her season, but I voted for her, because I was being forced to vote for 10, and she was the hottest of the "Survivor Bikini Team" of forgettable young women that they had competing.

Who is the woman that didn't get picked that was sitting on the aisle and had a ROLLING SUITCASE in the aisle?  Nice.  I'm sure they were told to bring a small backpack of essentials, and she's there with her rolling luggage.  I know they always have a Ponderosa suitcase packed, but if this was hers, then there's no reason why it shouldn't have been in the green room with everyone else's.

• Love 2
(edited)

I disliked him a lot on his season, but I voted for him every day because honestly, I think every season should have a crazy person.  I would have loved to have seen how some of the self-proclaimed villains like Kass and Abi-Maria would have dealt with him.

I didn't watch her season, but I voted for her, because I was being forced to vote for 10, and she was the hottest of the "Survivor Bikini Team" of forgettable young women that they had competing.

Who is the woman that didn't get picked that was sitting on the aisle and had a ROLLING SUITCASE in the aisle?  Nice.  I'm sure they were told to bring a small backpack of essentials, and she's there with her rolling luggage.  I know they always have a Ponderosa suitcase packed, but if this was hers, then there's no reason why it shouldn't have been in the green room with everyone else's.

That was Natalie, and I was surprised by that, too.  Everyone else had backpacks or duffel bags.

I thought the cast reveal went really well, and I have a feeling that concept will be back in the future.  Though like most ideas they try twice, somehow I don't think it will go as well as last night.  Still bummed Shane and T-Bird didn't make it, but overall very happy.  Aside from Terry, there isn't even anyone I have seething dislike for.  It reminded me of The Price Is Right as they ran up onstage.  I loved how genuinely excited some of them seemed, especially the old schoolers.  I still feel bad for the S30 crowd that their reunion moment was eclipsed.  All I see anyone talking about today is Dan's smackdown from Probst and the new cast.

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

I voted for Shane, grudgingly, only because the choices were so slim. I'll take Shane's honest craziness over Vytas' amoral sliminess.

Shane: "This is my chair! Don't ever talk to me when I'm in my thinking chair! Hey, Cirie, come check out my Shane-rot!"

Vytas: "My life was so sad. I held up a woman for drug money once, and got arrested. Isn't that a sad thing that happened to me? What, the victim? Fuck her, I'm sure she's fine."

There were very few that I actively wanted to see again. Mostly I was just voting for damage control. It was remarkably like real voting in that respect. Mostly, everyone I either wanted or didn't want is in. I voted for quite a few forgettables, just to try to block out the ones I disliked, but we're still stuck with Vytas, Terry, and Abi.

At least with Savage we can hope he takes team leadership again, and runs things with the same hilarious ineptness that he did back in Pearl Islands. "Let's build our shelter in a crab nest!" "Let's do a complex physical challenge with our shorts down around our knees!" Rupert wasn't the only one who made that season funny.

I'm actually kind of glad that Shirin got another chance, but I think it's way too soon. First of all, she does suck at physical challenges, and she does annoy a lot of people, so I doubt she'll do well this time, either. Best to leave the slot open for someone with a better chance, and let her get a few years' enjoyment out of having played one game already. Second: who knows? A little ways down the line, she might have more control over her neuroses, plus maybe a little more insider knowledge of the game from talking to other players who did better than her... I think if she came back for Season 35 or something more of me would be happy about it, instead of just dreading a probable train wreck.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 2
(edited)

Boy that's somebody I'd really be interested in seeing again.  I think he seemed pretty bitter at the time, so I have no idea if he would ever consent or want to go again.   And actually Brandon from that season is also someone they should have tried to get.  I don't think he was very popular with production and/or Jeff, but I will always maintain he was a little ahead of his time strategy-wise.  (The game eventually evolved to how he wanted to play with flipping votes and setting up new alliances.)   

IIRC, at the time, Jeff didn't seem to like the younger Samburu alliance all that much.  He seemed to be all about the tribal "elders" as T-Bird liked to be called, and while they were just as responsible for the age divide as the youngin's, the young Samburus seemed to take more flack for it.  I remember the previous two seasons there was scrutiny about some of the older contestants being targeted simply because of their age, and nothing else.  I'll always believe they introduced the tribe swap to benefit T-Bird and Frank, who were the outcasts of Samburu, and screw over the younger half of that tribe.  I'll admit I didn't care for Brandon, mainly because he refused to swallow his pride and vote with Frank.  But, from an entertainment stand point, he was pretty amusing.  I remember a lot of eye rolling at TC from him.

Edited by LadyChatts

I knew Kass was a lock to be in the cast, either by fan vote or producers' involvement, even though I would never have even considered voting for her. Among the women I voted for on each ballot, only Sabrina and T-Bird didn't make the cut. I was most worried about Peih-Gee, so I was pleased to see that she made it. All of the men I voted for each time made it on except for Shane. I found him hilarious during the Panama season, though I certainly understand why others wouldn't. Still, knowing that he was on the bubble for both Micronesia: Fans Vs Favorites and Heroes Vs Villains, it sucks that he missed out again, even though he didn't look altogether well during the live show.

• Love 1

Mama C wuz robbed.  She totally should've gotten a chance to compete again.  I think I really liked Carolyn because I'm a white female who just turned 50, so I was really impressed with how she competed, both mentally and physically.  And as a bitch on wheels myself, I loved how she pranced when she played the hidden idol.  I thought that was gold.  

I haven't watched Survivor since 2007.  I lost access to a television and at the time online streaming off of CBS's web site was a bad joke.  I don't know what possessed met to choose this season to binge-watch, but I did, and boy, I'm glad I came back.  That was fun.  

• Love 1

Would Joe have gotten so much attention if he had shorter hair?  I feel like so many comments about Joe have been about his hair.  Guess it worked.

I saw a few pictures of him with short hair and I feel pretty confident in saying no, he would not get so much attention if he didn't have long hair.

Shallow it may be, but I am that shallow ratgirl.   I love long hair on men and Joe's hair was indeed my favorite thing about him.  Though I did think Malcolm and Ozzy were better looking - Joaquin too.  All this independent in any way of their actual personality, or anything.

Speaking of which:

He's Wyatt Nash now, and here is his hilarious, not-at-all-biased, not-at-all-written-by-his-mom Wikipedia page.

Jesus god, he was CHRISTOPHER in Petals on the Wind???!!!##??!!  Honestly I didn't even recognize the guy.   I thought Matt was so attractive on Survivor, but obviously once he cut his hair he became invisible to me - just another handsome but unsexy guy on TV.

• Love 1

I voted nearly every day.  I’m not unhappy with the final results.  How did I do?

Women (8/10)

No Votes Whatsoever

Kass - I didn’t care for her at all.  I’m not surprised she made it on though, recency bias, and, as Rob C. put it, “she has a brand.”
Abi Maria - I didn’t care for her, as she was portrayed, on her season.  She seems very popular with the RHAP crowd, so I’m not surprised she made it on.
Natalie - Rob’s Zombie.

A Few Votes, Here or There
Stephanie - Very little recollection of her.
Carolyn - I was surprised she didn’t make it.  But, she did come across as “cold,” and not being able to campaign hurt her.
Mikayla - I was giving her votes, primarily out of pity from being targeted by B.Hantz, but then I was reminded that she willing associated with R.Hantz.  So that stopped.

Voted for Most of the Time
Monica - because she was anti-Hantz.  Neither surprised nor not-surprised she made it, some of the “bikini squad” pretty much had to...
Shirin - because she deserved a “better” Survivor experience than Dan and Will.  I still wouldn’t mind if she was the first voted off though.

Voted for Every Time
Kelly Wigglesworth - even though she was a lock.
Kimmi - I had an “old school” bias for the women, but not for the men.  I was a little surprised she made it.
Peih-Gee - I have always thought Todd was over-hyped as a “strategic genius,” and that PG wasn’t given enough credit.  Pleasantly surprised she made it.
Teresa - The only player I was disappointed to see either make or not make it.
Tasha - I want to see how she plays when she’s not in a win or go home situation.
Ciera - Not because she voted for her mom, because she willingly went to rocks.
Sabrina - She was either the second or third best player on her season, it’s just the person who came in first was awesome.  Not surprised she didn’t make it.
Kelley Wentworth - I, like whichever Christie brother, thought she was a real threat, and I wanted to see her compete outside of the BvW conceit.  Surprised she made it.  I’d have traded her for T-Bird if I had the power.

Men (7.5/10)

No Votes Whatsoever
Brad - I don’t think I have to explain why. Mortal lock to not make it.
Andrew - I didn’t like him on his season.  He kept Osten around.  He did get screwed by the worst twist in the games history, so I’m not upset he made it.  (see next)
Terry - I didn’t like him either.  He was Mike, until Mike won the final Immunity Challenge.  I was a little surprised that BOTH he and Andrew made the cut.
Shane - I don’t see how he passed the psych test the first time, let alone a second.  And I am thrilled that the chances of a second “backrub elimination,” have been drastically reduced.
Max - Entitled hipster d-bag who was out before the merge.  A little surprised he didn’t make it.

Voted for Half the Time
Jim - Because he was the best strategist on the losing side of a Pagonging.  Then I listened to his interview on RHAP and switched voting to ...
Keith - Who was clueless his first time out, and I didn’t need to see again, but if you count above - I’ve already eliminated six people.  I have to vote for everybody remaining.

Voted for Every Time
Everybody else, because I had to vote for a total of ten people.  I was happy to see Varner and Fishbach make it; Varner because he didn’t get an outstanding edit in his first go around, and Stephen because he played in a “Not old enough season to be old school, but not recent enough for recency bias to help,” season.
I wasn’t surprised Troy didn’t make it, but I was willing to give him a second chance - I think we would have seen a different player if he hadn’t been on a “men versus women,” season.

Colleen, Shambo, Michelle from Earl's season and Twila are the women I would love to see come back the most.  Shambo was all sorts of awesome and that mullet was kick ass.  Ian would have been great for this season because of his showdown with Tom in that final challenge.  If anyone deserves a second chance it would have been him.

I don't care about Twila, but I agree with the rest of these picks.  And Shane.  I can't believe he didn't get in - I'd love to see what he's like when he's just regular nuts and not in nicotine withdrawal.  

It's hard to believe that Greg Buis would even be a serious contender - hasn't he refused to have anything to do with Survivor since his season?

I don't care about Twila, but I agree with the rest of these picks. And Shane. I can't believe he didn't get in - I'd love to see what he's like when he's just regular nuts and not in nicotine withdrawal.

It's hard to believe that Greg Buis would even be a serious contender - hasn't he refused to have anything to do with Survivor since his season?

He did an interview a few years back with survivor Oz. He said he agreed to do the interview because he saw the email and thought it would be cool.

Greg was in the casting "spoilers" thread almost right up until the voting was announced, so it seems like maybe he had to drop out at the last minute.

• Love 1
(edited)

Filming begins May 29th (next Friday), and wraps July 5th.

Jeff did say on his twitter that Greg had to pull out due to work issues.  I hope none of the hopefuls that weren't named Joe had to quit their jobs over this.  That's really risky (and completely sucks), to quit your job, only to be told last minute that you did that all for nothing.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Did they reveal anywhere who the lucky guy #11 was that benefitted from Mike's win?

I recall that John Cody was on the spoiled shortlist but then his face was removed.  I wonder if he couldn't get time off from work.  Or if there are other issues, maybe Candice is pregnant, who knows.  I would have liked to have seen him back.  Jeff seemed to like him, and he would have been a much better choice than Vytas.

Then again, Jeff didn't get his Heartthrob #1 Brad Culpepper in, so maybe Jeff really does have no say.  At least he got #2.

• Love 2
(edited)

I really liked John and think he got a raw deal his season.  Would have been sweet to see him voted back, and Culpepper left sitting in the audience.  I do hope he is able to return in the future.  I don't mind Vytas like others do, but he's one that I wanted on solely to beat out others (like Brad, Troyzan, Jim, Max, and Terry-so I almost got my wish).  Now that he made it, he can go pre-merge.  And I wouldn't have cared if he didn't make it.  Someone said he, Joe, and Kelly Wigles should form a secret yoga alliance since they are all big into that.  

Sadly, I know we aren't free from the nightmare known as Brad.  He'll no doubt be back.  I will say, even though I'm still on the fence whether the vote really was all fan or not, the part of me that says it was has to do with Brad not making it back on.  He was such an unlikable guy the first time around, and I doubt he is one that would change minds his second outing.  But he is a Probst pet, so if production had any say, I have a feeling Jeff would have fought tooth and nail for him.  

Edited by LadyChatts

Can someone remind me why I hate Fishbach? Something about a group of ex-survivors watching Survivor in New York and being absolutely awful to someone on Twitter? There were 4or 5 that I liked on the island and hated after that, but my memory is fuzzy. All I have left is the loathing. And the bourbon.

• Love 1

Can someone remind me why I hate Fishbach? Something about a group of ex-survivors watching Survivor in New York and being absolutely awful to someone on Twitter? There were 4or 5 that I liked on the island and hated after that, but my memory is fuzzy. All I have left is the loathing. And the bourbon.

They all attacked Andrea on social media after  Francesca was voted out. I've never been a big fan Stephen fan I think he is overrated.

• Love 1

I can't remember half of these people. I'm totally invested in the show while it's on, but after a while I devote the brain-space to more important considerations, like the contestants of America's Next Top Model.

It would be fun to have a "Fan Unfavorite" season with hand-picked horrible people. Janu, Twila, Shambo, that Shamu guy, etc. They could all compete on one tribe against another tribe of only Hantzes.

• Love 2

They all attacked Andrea on social media after  Francesca was voted out. I've never been a big fan Stephen fan I think he is overrated.

These people really take themselves too seriously.

• Love 1