Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Voting

• Start Topic

So, I guess the reveal of the winner and the reunion will be about 15 minutes, right? LOL!!! I also agree they (Burnett & Probst) want as little spotlight in this current season. Somehow, Probst really, really, really miscalculated the reaction everyone would have with Season 31. We all know how he will say how great a season is and he was soooooooo wrong this time. Somehow, the Season 31 announcement is going to take a large part of the finale IMO. Of course, they could announce it in the Final 10 minutes and off they go. I've been voting everyday. The only 30 person I've been voting for is Joe. I liked him and want to see how he does a second time. Max, not so much. After, hearing his exit interview with Rob there was no way in heck I wanted to see or hear from him again. Ugh!

• Love 1
(edited)

Most reunion shows average about 35 minutes when you add in commercials.  Considering we usually don't get to the actual reunion portion until 10:05-10:10 (by the time they reveal the winner), then chatting with the winner, talking about some moves made this season,  and addressing the Shirin/Will/Dan/Rodney fiascos, that in itself all would have probably gone over the mark.  Especially since I picture the exchange between Jeff, Will, and Dan going something like this:

Dan/Will: It was all bad editing!  You guys screwed us!

Jeff: We couldn't edit what wasn't there.  Do you acknowledge you did/said those things?

Dan/Will: Of course we did!  But it was all bad editing.  You guys screwed us!....and then repeat that about 10 times before Jeff says "okay, clearly we aren't getting anywhere so we'll leave it at that.  Up next, we'll talk to Colton, who isn't looking so bad anymore," and then cue Survivor music that drowns out Will/Dan as they continue to make themselves look  like bigger assholes than they already are.

Since it's the 30th season, Jeff could easily make the excuse to talk to former cast members in the audience.  I had wondered if they could trickle the announcement throughout the finale, and haven't heard yet how they are going to do the reveal.  Considering a lot of people are likely tuning in for that, I'm guessing they wait until the end.  However, I still say that will take up about 10-15 minutes of the show, if Jeff plans on interviewing those selected (and those not).  So 10 minutes into the reunion to announce the winner, 10 minutes for the reveal, 5 minutes talking to the winner, 5-10 minutes addressing the drama, and we're done.  Sorry all you pre-merge boots.  Guess we won't get to hear that you aren't a creeper, Vince, or that you are misunderstood, Nina.  Maybe they'll do like the Caramoan peeps and just stick them in the audience.

Joe is also the only S30 alum I've been voting for and want to see back.  I can't take another season so soon of Mike, and especially Max and Shirin.  I am praying to the Survivor gods if those 3 get on they are the first 3 to go.  Particularly Max and Shirin.  Shirin is nothing but drama and will cling to whoever will carry her, and Max is just so pompous I don't think there will be enough room for everyone else once he and his ego land.  I think bringing 5 people back from this season was a mistake.  It's not a popular cast to warrant 5 people.  Carolyn I could do without, but won't be disappointed if she is back.  Jeff seemed so proud of this season and the concept, which I believe he helped come up with (I know he gloated he had the idea for a NC tribe).  Yeah, serious misfire.  I don't know how they wouldn't have seen this coming.  I think the theme is what really did it in.  I can see where this cast might have worked out beautifully, but having the tribes arranged how they were really screwed some people (and benefited others).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)

I voted Shirin the first night, but the Ponderosa video with Tyler completely turned me off.  I do not care to see her again so soon.  I want to have a fun season next time, and I don't want a re-play of this version.  Somehow I don't think the edit will be so kind to her the second go round.  Max has never gotten my vote.  I think I threw a vote for Mike the first couple of rounds but his is another ego I don't care to see again.  Plus, even though I'm having trouble coming with up a full top 10 for each side, I'd rather not potentially waste the votes on someone who is ineligible.  Kelly Wigles, Kimmi, T-Bird, Peih Gee, Abi, and Tasha have all continually gotten my votes for the ladies, and Jeff, Andrew, Shane, Stephen, Spencer, Jeremy, and Joe for the guys.  I have yet to give a vote to Brad, Troyzan, Stephanie, or Kass.

Joe is 100% in for this season.  That will top all blindsides if he didn't make it.  I'm on the fence with the rest.  I see Shirin and Mike making it.  Max is campaigning hard and he has fans bragging to him about rigging the vote with robo-votes.  I can see it going either way with him.  I don't know about Carolyn.  It could be that I see her winning, so it's why I'm not factoring her in.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I liked the Shane interview so I upgraded my Prime trial to full membership to see his season, since I missed it. Running Amazon through the xbox is as clunky as running Netflix through my smart tv interface.  Anyone have and like the Fire Stick, or is there a forum here to discuss the nuts and bolts of tv viewing?  

Is his son really named Boston Powers?  That's unfortunate.  

Rob's pick to win is Natalie T.  All I remember about that season is hating it due to Rob's sheeple.  

Yeah, also voting for Joe everytime, forgot to mention that. I don't think Shirin's edit was anything special, I find her adorable, but I could see where her fangirling out all the time would be annoying 24/7, hopefully she's gotten all that out of her system. I would really like to see her back, partly because I really enjoy her, partly for the same reason I vote for Mikayla Wingle, she got a raw deal on her season with Brandon Hantz weridness. Dan is just off, not really a normal person, I think even in his daily life that he probably works so hard to cobble together a pretend personality for himself, that there really is no real version of Dan, and Will, he got cast based on a youtube video, he never should have been out there.

I don't want Shirin back. She was annoying & she also wasn't good at the challenges. Joe is enough for me & even if he doesn't make it I wouldn't be heartbroken. It's just too early for the Season 31 people even though other contestants have played back to back such as Malcolm. I'm dying for Wednesday to come. I could care less about the winner. I just want to know how the Season 31 votes & reponses are gonna play out.

I listened to Rob's podcast about the RHAP exit poll on the vote count. It's not entirely cannon but a lot of my picks were there. The only one I'm worried about is Andrew Savage. I want both he & Terry Dietz to make it. They are very similar so I think they may cancel each other out vote wise. If I could only vote for one though it would be Terry. That dude looks amazing for 55. I'm really curious how he would do in the individual immunity if he made it that far.

• Love 2
(edited)

Here's a link that analyzed 3 popular voting sites (including RHAP) where fan voting was set up.  Obviously these are strictly fan polls and in no way connected to the actual CBS voting, but Kelly Wigles, Spencer, Abi-Maria, Kass, and Joe were leading these polls.  Which isn't really a huge surprise.  Kelly is the only one I'm worried about, but being the first ever RUP and having to wait this long to return has to work in her favor.  According to these polls, the likes of Brad, Max, Natalie, Kimmi, Troyzan and Mikayla (among others) aren't doing so hot.  I'm actually curious what's driving the vote for Kass.  Is it because people think she'll be easy fodder to get out first, or expecting her to be the villain like she was last time.  She just didn't seem likable, even in a fun villain way.  Though I did appreciate her flip flopping helping keep the game on its toes, but I didn't find her appealing at all other than that.  Since there's going to be 20 people, I'm assuming they are starting with 2 tribes, but I'd love for them to shuffle them up at 18 and put everyone into 3.  And then do another tribe swap a couple of votes after that, putting them back to two.  I just want to see pre-game alliances get mixed up, and have everyone to possibly get to spend time together.  Since we know everyone playing, I don't think it would be too confusing to keeping switching it up.

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/86320/20150515/survivor-second-chance-cast-joe-kass-spencer-kelly-ciera-leading-polls-in-fan-vote-for-season-31.htm

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

I've thrown some votes to Kass, as well as to Keith, I don't want it to be too easy for any of these returning players like it was for B-Rob when he won. Kass will throw the occasional monkey wrench, and Keith probably still doesn't even know exactly what Survivor is all about, so he's unpredictable.

I listened to Sharin's RHAP interview again, does anyone get the idea that she and Mike might be dating? She mentions how she considers him family now, and has been to church with him, and stuff like that.

• Love 3
(edited)

I've thrown some votes to Kass, as well as to Keith, I don't want it to be too easy for any of these returning players like it was for B-Rob when he won. Kass will throw the occasional monkey wrench, and Keith probably still doesn't even know exactly what Survivor is all about, so he's unpredictable.

I listened to Sharin's RHAP interview again, does anyone get the idea that she and Mike might be dating? She mentions how she considers him family now, and has been to church with him, and stuff like that.

I've been throwing votes to Keith too.  As clueless as he was, I just liked the guy.  You never knew what was going to come out of his mouth.  And it was nice having someone on the older side of the spectrum be so oblivious to Survivor.  Usually they are the die hard super fans, and it's the youngin's that don't know what's going on.  Plus, I'll never forget that mouse that was crawling on his shoulder and he just brushed it off.  I don't like Kass, though I have to say I'd rather see her over a few others (Stephanie, Mikayla, and Shirin).  She was playing the game, and likely had no chance of winning regardless.  I do credit her slightly with why Cagayan was so fun.  However, it won't break my heart if she isn't back.  Namely, I want all the pre-Micronesia people back, as well as Spencer, Jeremy, and Joe.  I think I'm safe with those last 3 returning.

Regarding Shirin-it wouldn't surprise me.  Of the cast, Mike seems especially close to almost everyone, but his core group seems to be Shirin, Hali, Jenn, Joe, and Max.  I see he's out in CA right now, probably getting ready for the finale, but I've seen some pics with him and Max together.  Max said if he's voted on, he promises to bring Vince out for the family visit (I guess they are roommates now).  I wasn't going to vote for Max, but that would be a sure fire way for me not to.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I thought Mike was already married?! Who knew? LOL!!! I guess Kass is getting the votes because she was unpredictable & villain-like~ish. I've thrown her a few votes but not all the time. In her interviews she doesn't even seem likable or someone I would want to interact with in my real life. Of course, I think people are hoping for a Kass & Spencer showdown. Who would take out whom first? Also, would Terry & Vytas work together or not? Will Shane & Terry align or not? There's lots of different variables.

• Love 1

Celibate without benefits perhaps? LOL!!! I actually forget what he even said about his personal life nor did I read his bio. Anyway, I don't see them together. IMO! Also, if Mike does win I hope he uses some of the winnings to get rid of that rather unfortunate tattoo removed from his back. That is just plain ugly and ridiculous.

• Love 1
(edited)
And then we started looking, “Okay, let’s try to spread it out over the seasons.” That starts eliminating people.

As usual, Jeff is full of crap. If they were going to spread it out over the seasons, how come only 4 of the 16 women are from season 15 or earlier?  How come 9 of the 16 men are from season 27 and later?  I guess potentially the older players aren't at a phase in their life where they want to play again, but surely they could have found more than 4 women from the first half of Survivor's history that want to go again and haven't had a prior opportunity.

Woo looks like a woman in his headshot.  So does Joe.  Would Joe have gotten so much attention if he had shorter hair?  I feel like so many comments about Joe have been about his hair.  Guess it worked.

Edited by blackwing
(edited)

As usual, Jeff is full of crap. If they were going to spread it out over the seasons, how come only 4 of the 16 women are from season 15 or earlier?  How come 9 of the 16 men are from season 27 and later?  I guess potentially the older players aren't at a phase in their life where they want to play again, but surely they could have found more than 4 women from the first half of Survivor's history that want to go again and haven't had a prior opportunity.

I don't know, they're asking a lot of people... show up ready to leave and potentially be sent home?  I'd have to think hard on that, given the odds of an older woman to even make it far enough in the game to bother with.  Plus they often have kids to worry about.  And it's got to suck out there, especially when you no longer look like a swimsuit model and fabulous without makeup like you did 10 years ago.  The older I get the less likely I'd be to go.  I need my sunglasses and lip balm and eyebrow pencil and comfy mattress and Diet Pepsi...

I bet Mike's not celibate anymore.  He looks like a different man than when he went there.  Not that that is why he was celibate but I bet he faced some new challenges this year, if it's a faith thing!  He kind of went from a physical zero to hero in 30-some days.  

Edited by Guest

I guess once Season 31 is announced they will be separated & on lockdown, right? At least, TPTB will be to stop any "new" pre alliance talk that way. I do wonder how long they stay in LA? When do they land in Nicaragua & how soon once they land do they actually play? It's sure going to a long & quiet plane ride. Maybe, each person will have a buddy from Rob's season from Redemption Island. LOL!!

I fully expect Kass to return, even though I utterly dread the thought of it. I agree that her brand of villainy wasn't in any way entertaining to watch.

I've voted each day, and the people I've voted for consistently are: Wiglesworth, Kimmi, Teresa, Peih-Gee, Sabrina, and Tasha for the women, and Jeff, Andrew, Shane, Terry, Stephen, Spencer, Jeremy, and Joe. I've been spreading the remaining votes among Abi-Maria, Mikayla, Stephenie, Monica, and Wentworth for the women and Woo, Keith, and Mike among the men. I really just don't want to see Kass, Shirin (at least not so soon), Troyzan, and Max again.

• Love 1
(edited)

I guess once Season 31 is announced they will be separated & on lockdown, right? At least, TPTB will be to stop any "new" pre alliance talk that way. I do wonder how long they stay in LA? When do they land in Nicaragua & how soon once they land do they actually play? It's sure going to a long & quiet plane ride. Maybe, each person will have a buddy from Rob's season from Redemption Island. LOL!!

It's filming in Cambodia, last I heard (at least I hope that's still the plan-I'm tired of Nicaragua).  The way I understand it, once the vote is read for who is returning, the cast is immediately heading out to start filming.  I wondered if they were doing it that way, slightly in part to trump any last minute alliance plans.  I wouldn't be surprised if they put a lid on communcating with each other, unless they think some pre-show alliance will make for excellent TV and benefit the fan faves.  Though after this season, maybe they should realize that what they think is a good idea is actually the opposite of how the viewers may react.  I'm guessing they will roughly begin actually filming next week/first part of June , and be done sometime in July.  That's usually the time line fall seasons follow.  I wonder if they'll name alternates, just in case someone has to drop out medically at the last minute.

However, I have a feeling everyone already has their lines drawn, and who they are planning to target, which is why I'm all for as many tribe re-shuffles as possible.  It's probably obvious the ones who stand a really, really good shot at returning.  Pre-show alliances sucked the fun out of the first AS, but HvsV and Micronesia went well, and people were willing to flip.

Edited by LadyChatts

Shirin has a BF of 5 yrs, bless his heart. I dunno of too many dudes who would be able to stand that for 5 yrs.

There are rumors that Mike (yes, he is single) and Sierra might be dating since they call each other Boo/Boo Boo on SM but I dont believe it.

If you listen to Shirin's Purple Podcast (which I do NOT recommend), she treats her getting on S31 as a fait compleat. I can't stand her so much that Shirin is forcing me to ROOT for Kass of all people. Because I just know that Kass won't be able to stand Shirin's Drama Queen ways for long and will backstab her. There can be only one center of attention according to Kass, and that is Kass.

• Love 1
(edited)

Shirin has a BF of 5 yrs, bless his heart. I dunno of too many dudes who would be able to stand that for 5 yrs.

Funny thing is, we all find someone we can stand and they can stand us and the rest of the world can't understand how.  You bless his heart; others may bless her heart for being with him.  Good on all of us for not worrying what the rest of the world can imagine.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 11

I agree that I think Kass is unfortunately a lock.  I think she will have a hard time though.  On her season, the other contestants saw this plain, middle aged lawyer and thought she seemed so nice.  Then she proceeded to become "Krazy Kass" and make some moves and alienate many.  Spencer called her "Kass - No Chance to Win the Game".  On Second Chance, people are going to know how duplicitous and untrustworthy she is.  I hope she gets voted out first.  Will be interesting to see if she tries to mend fences with Spencer and ally.

I'd like to see Kass on the next Amazing Race.  It'd be a season of forced team ups.  Pair her with Jenny Wu.  Both lawyers.  Both think they are the Smartest Person in the Room.  Both have to be the decision maker.  It would be Comedy Platinum.

(edited)

There are rumors that Mike (yes, he is single) and Sierra might be dating since they call each other Boo/Boo Boo on SM but I dont believe it.

If you listen to Shirin's Purple Podcast (which I do NOT recommend), she treats her getting on S31 as a fait compleat. I can't stand her so much that Shirin is forcing me to ROOT for Kass of all people. Because I just know that Kass won't be able to stand Shirin's Drama Queen ways for long and will backstab her. There can be only one center of attention according to Kass, and that is Kass.

I think this has all gone right to Shirin's head, and getting selected next season (which is inevitable, imo) is only going to inflate her ego.  I have a feeling she's going to be responsible for her downfall in popularity.  My gut tells me a lot of the S30 crew (if not all of them) plus the Cagayan folks (especially Spencer and Tasha) may have an uphill battle unless they can originally wind up on the same tribe together and stick together.  But I don't see Spencer/Tasha/Kass all voting in the same block, and I think it's likely they will make sure they are divided up.

Edited by LadyChatts

I'd go a step further and say that Tasha may have been portrayed as the female Terry (good in challenges but sort of aloof and arrogant) from Panama, had Kass not flipped.

It would be awesome if they would divide the tribes into Old School and New School Survivor. The Five men and Women from the earliest casts on one tribe, the other five men and women on the other. I am not certain that there really are enough Old School players to make this happen but I would absolutely love it.

• Love 2

Right now there's only 4 women from pre-HvsV, and the next 2 that would be the last older season are RI.  I would love that idea, too, but I don't see how it would work.  There are enough men from pre HvsV, though.  That is of course assuming they all get on.  

(edited)

That....seems like more than I was expecting.  Maybe Max's fans gloating about robo-voting weren't kidding around.

So already the whining is starting.  Yeah, I know I'm not going to be entirely happy with the results.  I worry for all my pre-Micronesia people and don't want to see a cast made up entirely of S27-30 (even though I have several favorites from those seasons that I am voting for).  I know I will be surprised by both inclusions and exclusions, but likely not too shocked.  The only ones I would be absolutely shocked not to see return are Joe, Spencer, Tasha, Abi, Kelly Wiglesworth, and Kass.  I guess the Survivors were fine having a fan vote (assuming it legit is still a fan vote and no producer interference) until they realize they aren't selected.  I was especially annoyed by that tweet they referenced from Kass on there (the casuals are winning?  What does that mean?)  Shane also said he's shutting his campaign down and believes he has no shot if that many votes were cast.  Everyone's got their favorites.  I will not be a happy girl if Brad or Max make it back on my TV, but if for whatever reason, there they are, I will be hoping for an early exit or that they learned something from the first time.

I still won't believe that TPTB might not have put that figure out there as an excuse to say the voting was shady so they had a hand in it.  In addition, that number seems really inflated.  Not sure I buy it.

Edited by LadyChatts

To expand on that, the actual number of votes is 10,000,000 (!!!!). The quote from the article that refers to 500,000 is:

"That large number–which many assumed to be 500,000 ballots, even though it’s actually 10 million–is indicating to some people that “casual” fans are in control. They’re the people who watch but don’t engage in the same way we do–and by “we,” I mean those of us who are obsessed with the show."

If Max gets on, something suspicious has happened because come on. My guess is the reason that he was put on the ballot, similar to Carolyn, is because the producers knew no one would vote for him and it was more likely they get whoever they really wanted on the season. 

I agree that I think Kass is unfortunately a lock.  I think she will have a hard time though.  On her season, the other contestants saw this plain, middle aged lawyer and thought she seemed so nice.  Then she proceeded to become "Krazy Kass" and make some moves and alienate many.  Spencer called her "Kass - No Chance to Win the Game".  On Second Chance, people are going to know how duplicitous and untrustworthy she is.  I hope she gets voted out first.  Will be interesting to see if she tries to mend fences with Spencer and ally.

I point out that similar things could be said about Cochran before Caramoan. And Phillip was a very big player that season too. I think ex-Survivor players actually prefer to play with people who have bad reputations because they think they're easier to beat at the end. I won't be surprised if Kass has an easier time than Spencer creating alliances. 

• Love 1

I voted several times.  For both men and women, I always voted for the first four of each (I can't remember all their names). Women, I alternated between Kass and Shirin, voted often for Tasha, always for Carolyn and Kelley from last season, and alternated between some of the others.  Men, I always voted for Keith, Mike, Joe and Spencer, never for Vytas, Troyzan (he looks creepy), Culpeper (because of you guys' comments) or Max. Oh, I usually voted for Fishbach, too.  I think I floated the tenth vote around. I think I want a mix of people who aren't total creeps or weirdos.  Mix as far as age, background, personalities, etc. That's why I voted for Kass and Keith. I forgot, I voted for Abi-Maria, too.  I started seriously watching with the Denise and Malcolm season so I don't have viewing history w/over half the contestants. 

• Love 1
(edited)
I liked the Shane interview so I upgraded my Prime trial to full membership to see his season, since I missed it. Running Amazon through the xbox is as clunky as running Netflix through my smart tv interface.  Anyone have and like the Fire Stick, or is there a forum here to discuss the nuts and bolts of tv viewing?

I found Shane's season very entertaining - I was a big fan of Shane and Aras and Cirie.

For me Kass is the ultimate love to hate contestant -- there was so much controversy over her and she caused Spencer just so much anger I think it's hard to have next season without her.

I was a big fan of Abi-Maria, exactly how she was on the island.  LOL I know that's not popular.

So happy that you guys seem to think Max won't make it!  Now if only we could say the same about Shirin :(  I'd be a happy camper.

I hope Woo and Peih-Gee make it!  (Yes, I have voted, but not enough....)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
I point out that similar things could be said about Cochran before Caramoan. And Phillip was a very big player that season too. I think ex-Survivor players actually prefer to play with people who have bad reputations because they think they're easier to beat at the end. I won't be surprised if Kass has an easier time than Spencer creating alliances. 

I think Kass's biggest problem is that she's unpredictable. She does stupid stuff, not because it benefits her, but because she likes referring to herself as Chaos Kass. Cochran and Phillip were disliked the first time around, but you could see what motivated them; if they felt discounted or disregarded, they were likely to try to screw you, but at least they would try to improve their own position while doing it. But Kass will put herself in a worse position just to stick it to people she's mad at. If you can get to the end with her, you're in a great position, but you never know when she's going to take offense at some random thing and decide to torpedo your game even if it hurts her as well. She's a great person to be sitting next to at the end, but the worst kind of player to try to ally with.

Apparently Savage has bought banner ads on the CBS website. Has anyone seen any of them?

Oh that's just sad.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't say I blame Savage.  He really wants this, and unfortuantely doesn't have the receny or the pleasure of at least being a big character from way back.  I remember him, but even friends of mine who watched the show back then can't recall him.  It's why I hate that more than half of the contestants are from S22-30.  It has to be frustrating for the likes of him to really have to campaign hard, but then there's those that were pretty much guaranteed a shot before the voting was official.  It seems there's a lot of frustration over these rumored by numbers by some of the potential castaways.  Max had something on his twitter asking his followers to fave a tweet of his if they thought the votes were legit, or re-tweet if they thought they were shady.

I hope everyone is right about Max not getting on.  I'm on the fence how it'll go, but with my luck he'll make it.  It'll probably be one of those 'came in 10th place by only 100 votes' type things.

Edited by LadyChatts

I can't really remember Savage, and wasn't really impressed by his interviews, so I haven't thrown him any votes. I listened to Rob's Evolution of Strategy of the season, so I know he was screwed by Lil returning, which I agree was a bad break, but worth it to hear Rob's impression of her.

I never thought I'd be wishing for producer interference, but right now I really wish they were doing this like BB did it for all stars.  Imma need the old schoolers (ok, not Terry, but everyone else pre-Micronesia) to get on.  Sad banner aside, I feel like Savage has no chance.  If the polls mean anything, Kimmi, T-Bird and Shane (the number one person I want back from that list) could go either way, and only Wigglesworth and Varner are near locks.  There are so few choices from the early seasons anyway, so I wish the producers had SOME say to counteract the casual viewers/kids not old enough to have seen early seasons/amnesiacs.  Really, who the hell wants to see Mikayla over Kimmi or freaking MAX OVER SHANE???  Please, no.  

Also, who in the bloody hell is Natalie?  I thought it was Natalie from Micronesia at first, who I'd enjoy having back, but apparently it's some other Natalie.  The only ones I remember are the one who beat Russell and the Twinnie (both ineligible because they won) and Micronesia Natalie who hit on Parvati at final tribal council and got that dork Erik to give her immunity before voting his ass out.  Apparently there was another Natalie and I have no idea who she was.  Did she do anything?? 

I know Kass is a lock but UGH I really, really never want to see her or Brad Culpepper ever again.  

• Love 3

I'm surprised that Andrew Savage thinks he won't make it.  I had assumed that all of the older ones would make it in.  I liked him enough on his season as a person, but I particularly hated the way Jeff slobbered over him.  Jeff does like his good looking alpha males.  It would be particularly funny if someone put together a video showing the tongue bathings that Jeff has given each season's particular chosen alpha male over the years.  Much like how someone put together a video of Chenbot doing the head turn, rise from the couch and saying "but first".  Loved that she loved it... she said she saw it and laughed "I AM the Chenbot!"

I think the thing I disliked most about the way Jeff slobbered over Andrew is the way he ONLY called him "Savage".  Why did Andrew get lastnamed so quickly (much like "Culpepper")?  Is it because his last name "Savage" is exactly what Jeff wants to be, "I be tough guy, I savage"?

I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but I'm surprised he'd be able to get the time off at this point in his career.  He's in his 50s now and probably pretty high up.  From what I remember, he was a partner in the Chicago law firm of Wildman Harold Allan and Dixon when he first appeared on the show.  I think he got a lot of negative publicity.  He moved to California and became an in-house lawyer for Yahoo.  I wonder if he's been in touch with Shirin.

• Love 1
(edited)

I went into this voting for every old school player except Terry because Terry is boring and I just didn't want to see Terry again. I want the old school folks again. I have not thrown any votes for the people who are close to locks from the new players unless they were minorities because, well, this show is normally insanely white except for the season where they created tribes based on race. It helps that I think some of the minorities were totally screwed (Mikayla) or played good games, Jeremy and Sabrina. Woo is the exception to the rule. He played poorly and he is boring.

Blackwing: I think it comes down to fans (crazies like us and people even more invested then us) vs casuals. Casuals are not likely to vote for many old school folks because they probably don't remember them.

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Love 1
(edited)

I can't really remember Savage, and wasn't really impressed by his interviews, so I haven't thrown him any votes. I listened to Rob's Evolution of Strategy of the season, so I know he was screwed by Lil returning, which I agree was a bad break, but worth it to hear Rob's impression of her.

He wasn't so much screwed by Lil returning as he was by his own poor gameplay. He treated Lil like shit before he voted her out and then when she came back and he needed her, he continued to be pissy with her and acted as if she owed him something. If he'd been even the tiniest bit nice to her, I think she would have voted with the old Morgan and at least forced a tie at the first vote after the Outcasts return.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but I'm surprised he'd be able to get the time off at this point in his career.  He's in his 50s now and probably pretty high up.  From what I remember, he was a partner in the Chicago law firm of Wildman Harold Allan and Dixon when he first appeared on the show.  I think he got a lot of negative publicity.  He moved to California and became an in-house lawyer for Yahoo.  I wonder if he's been in touch with Shirin.

I don't know if he's still practicing. After Pearl Islands, he tried to have a show business career and for a while hosted Star Search Seattle (which, heh, there's no talent here), but given that I haven't heard anything about him since then until now, I'm assuming he wasn't wildly successful. At around that same time, I know that he was suspended from the Bar for failure to pay his fees, which is hands down the stupidest way to earn a suspension, but he may have since gotten reinstated and returned to work.

If he did come back and was different, I might like him this time around, but considering that he's still whining about how the show/the Outcasts/Lil screwed him, I doubt it.

Edited by fishcakes

Yankee, Natalie is from Rob's winning season, she was his groupie that he carried to the end because he knew she wouldn't win.

Thanks.  That explains why I don't remember her.  I think the only person I remember from that godawful season is Phillip.  Why the hell is she (or any of Rob's groupies) worthy of a second chance??

I didn't like Andrew Savage AT ALL when he played the first time, but then again I didn't care for Kimmi either.  I still want both back on for the nostalgia factor and to see how the OLD OLD schoolers play with the new format (idols, etc).  Also, Savage's douchiness and Kimmi's annoyingness (I don't think that's a real word, but whatevs) PALE in comparison to most of the new school assholes.  I long for a finger wagging fight over chickens.  Also, Savage may have been an asshole but GOD Lill was insufferable.  I can't even blame him for treating her the way he did except for the fact that it, you know, ruined his game.  The only exception to my old school wish list is Terry Dietz (who DID play in the age of idols, but in a season where they could be used AFTER the votes were revealed which is unfortunately part of why he lasted so long, ugh). I really, really disliked that douche and hope he doesn't make it.  I NEED Shane, Varner, Wigglesworth and T-Bird (especially the first two) to make it.  And I hope Shane has taken up smoking again and quits the second he steps foot on the island.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks.  That explains why I don't remember her.  I think the only person I remember from that godawful season is Phillip.  Why the hell is she (or any of Rob's groupies) worthy of a second chance??

I didn't like Andrew Savage AT ALL when he played the first time, but then again I didn't care for Kimmi either.  I still want both back on for the nostalgia factor and to see how the OLD OLD schoolers play with the new format (idols, etc).  Also, Savage's douchiness and Kimmi's annoyingness (I don't think that's a real word, but whatevs) PALE in comparison to most of the new school assholes.  I long for a finger wagging fight over chickens.  Also, Savage may have been an asshole but GOD Lill was insufferable.  I can't even blame him for treating her the way he did except for the fact that it, you know, ruined his game.  The only exception to my old school wish list is Terry Dietz (who DID play in the age of idols, but in a season where they could be used AFTER the votes were revealed which is unfortunately part of why he lasted so long, ugh). I really, really disliked that douche and hope he doesn't make it.  I NEED Shane, Varner, Wigglesworth and T-Bird (especially the first two) to make it.  And I hope Shane has taken up smoking again and quits the second he steps foot on the island.  

I liked Matt from that season, who has been asked but declined each time (who can blame him?)  He was probably the only one with half a brain to take out Rob, and I always felt Rob was threatened by him.  Can't have some new likable alpha male that hasn't lost 3 previous times and has to be given their own season to win steal his thunder.  He's the only RI alum I'd ever care to see again.  Natalie is such a waste of a spot, but she's part of the Survivor in-crowd; good friends with a lot of people close to casting and Probst.  I know they can spin the argument any which way to justify their choices.  I don't get why we have Mikayla, Natalie, Stephanie, or Monica in the running myself, and I could still do without so many freaking WA people (especially the ones they picked).  However, I do admit throwing her a vote once in the polls, because I had one spot left to fill.  And, since it's second chances, lets see if she actually buys a clue or is worthless and we have to hear Probst admit she was a big misfire to allow in the running.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want to see Terry back.  He has always been one of the most overrated people to ever play this game.  I hate the guys who come in with the leadership chip on their shoulder and have to have everything go their way, even if its poor decisions for their tribe.  Did my heart good to see his tribe go on a losing streak when he kept weaker people around.  However, I'd rather take him over Max, Troyzan, or Culpepper.  But he's the only pre-Micronesia person not getting my votes.  You'll also be happy to know Shane continues to be a smoker, and said he quit cold turkey the last time, so he knows what he's in for.

The ones I believe are locks and would be most shocked not to see back: Kelly Wiglesoworth, Abi-Maria, Kass, Tasha, Kelley Wentworth, Shirin, and I expect Natalie and T-Bird in there as well.  The rest is a toss up.  Not sure I see Stephanie getting in, so she'd probably be my biggest surprise to make it through.  For the guys, Spencer, Joe, Vytas, Mike, Jeff, Stephen, Woo, and Jeremy.  I'd actually be surprised if Troyzan gets through, and I'm hoping Culpepper and Max don't stand any shot.  I wonder if TPTB underestimated how the voting would go this season, expect people to create the same personalities from the first time, or don't realize how insufferable some of these personalities will be together.

Edited by LadyChatts

Was Matt the guy who had went to Redemption Island, won his way back into the game only to be voted out basically as soon as he got back?  He wasn't a threat to Boston Rob, he was far too trusting of other people to do well at Survivor.  He was good at carnival games, though...

I voted once or twice, but I'd rather be allowed to cast a ballot only for the people I want back.  Because having to pick 20 means I'm casting a vote for someone I don't want to see play again and I'll blame myself when they're on the show.

Was Matt the guy who had went to Redemption Island, won his way back into the game only to be voted out basically as soon as he got back?  He wasn't a threat to Boston Rob, he was far too trusting of other people to do well at Survivor.  He was good at carnival games, though...

I voted once or twice, but I'd rather be allowed to cast a ballot only for the people I want back.  Because having to pick 20 means I'm casting a vote for someone I don't want to see play again and I'll blame myself when they're on the show.

I agree Matt was too trusting, though considering he spent the majority of time on RI (a concept I hope they never bring back) I almost think he had no choice other than to just accept what he was being told, considering he was out of the game for so long.  I thought Rob had an issue with his budding relationship with Andrea, who he was worried about potentially flipping on him, and that's why he got Matt out.  It could be I am remembering wrong.  That was a season I didn't watch all the way through on its first showing, and barely paid attention to it in the re-watch.  I couldn't even tell you much about it other than it finally handed Rob a win and produced Phillip.  I did like Matt, though, and would have loved to have seen him get a second chance.

In regards to this current voting, Jeff was asked on twitter who he was most disappointed about not having back and he mentioned Greg Buis.  It sounded like Greg might have gone along with it but had job commitments.  I actually wondered if the Greg rumor was for real or not, but nice to see he actually expressed interest in returning.   

I have voted everyday cuz I gave nothing better to do. LOL!!! I want both Savage & Terry back. Two studs who are now older. I just want to see how well or not they do in the challenges. I definitely had a better time picking the guys (Spencer, Fishbach, Vytas,) than the woman. I think Mikayla, Natalie, Stephanie & Monica all sort of look alike & played similar games. I guess we can at least say it isn't a bunch of blondes. That's progress. LOL!!! Only, one more night. I'm dying to see how this all plays out. Of course, it will all start over again in September. Also, how are the bitter 12 going to react? Maybe, they can put the, in the BB house for the summer. LOL!!!

I have voted everyday cuz I gave nothing better to do. LOL!!! I want both Savage & Terry back. Two studs who are now older. I just want to see how well or not they do in the challenges. I definitely had a better time picking the guys (Spencer, Fishbach, Vytas,) than the woman. I think Mikayla, Natalie, Stephanie & Monica all sort of look alike & played similar games. I guess we can at least say it isn't a bunch of blondes. That's progress. LOL!!! Only, one more night. I'm dying to see how this all plays out. Of course, it will all start over again in September. Also, how are the bitter 12 going to react? Maybe, they can put the, in the BB house for the summer. LOL!!!

Things are already a little bitter on twitter over the rumored number of votes.  I believe there are a few who probably think they are a guaranteed lock and will be blindsided when they aren't picked.  I won't be surprised for a lot of bitterness, and I fully expect spoilers to leak out this year.  At least I hope so, because after this season, I want to go in knowing what'll happen.  I've been voting everyday, but only once (not going to make a bunch of different accounts, though I admit 10 yrs ago I would have likely done that).  I am curious who will change their game and improve.  Obviously the old schoolers are pretty much coming into a new format than they played with.  Even though we had idols in Panama and China, they were still relatively new, and could be used after the vote was read in S12 at least.  Back then, it was all about numbers and alliances.  Now its so much more.

Side note, but I remember way back during BB2 they had 4 castaways from Survivor go in and spend the night (Jeff, Alicia, Sue, and Gervase).  It didn't amount to much, but I always liked that concept.  Since TAR and now Survivor have done crossovers, I wish BB would.  I'd love to see a clash of former Survivors against former BB players locked in the BB house.  I'd actually nominate Rodney to go in.  That'd be pure gold watching him all summer.  I always felt BB was more his style anyway.

Where can I see Andrew's banner ads? That sounds sad. Sure, the outcast twist was a bit mean, but his tribe (and the other one) could have won the challenge and kept the losers out. But both tribes failed, and Andrew had to take the heat of Lillian. Also, Ryan Shoulders' "DIE JERKS" buff. That was awesome.

Day before the announcement, and I still haven't voted. I'm thinking the casual fans will have their say, and we'll be getting only a few of the old-school players. I also expect we'd get all of the S30 gang, except for Max.