Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Voting

• Start Topic

(edited)

Andrew's probably one of those people that likely won't get asked back again.  It's taken all this time for his name to be up for consideration (not sure if he was asked before and had to decline).  But I believe for many of the pre-Micronesia people, if they don't make it this time, they won't get another shot.  Only one would possibly be Kelly Wiglesworth, if only for having the distinction of being the first ever RUP.  I also believe all the S30 people will be on, minus Mike or Carolyn (whoever doesn't win), and even if Carolyn doesn't pull off a victory, I'm not sure she'll get the fan votes.  I worry Max might pull through.  His are the casual fans I'm worried about, and he's been campaigning really hard.  Though talking about getting naked and Vince coming from the family visit is a huge turn off, and makes me realize he hasn't turned his character off yet.  He was unbearable once, I can't imagine what he'll be like a second time.  I believe we are in for at least 3 WA peeps, and I also think all 4 Cagayan people will make it, as well as Jeremy and possibly Kelley from SJDS.  Not sure about Keith.  If I'm right, there's half the cast from just the last 3 seasons.  I just hope it isn't a case of all the new schoolers targeting the old school because they are outnumbered, and will obviously bring more of the nostalgia factor to the show.  I'm sure all the egos won't want anyone else eclipsing their awesomeness and likability back home.

Edited by LadyChatts

I don't care either way if Max gets on, but if he doesn't I imagine he'd have some kind of breakdown on social media and that might be entertaining.

I could easily see Max making it because Tumblr loves him, but I could also easily see him not making it because I doubt he's popular with the casual viewers.

All I know is the only thing about tomorrow's finale that actually care about is seeing who's on next season.

• Love 2

Thanks.  That explains why I don't remember her.  I think the only person I remember from that godawful season is Phillip.  Why the hell is she (or any of Rob's groupies) worthy of a second chance??

Well, Andrea was a really great athlete in the background if you were paying attention!  But she's already been back and did OK and took her blindside with really great humor which I'll always appreciate.  And supposedly backstabbed the hell out of Sophie and won when a bunch of former cast members played Survivor: Brooklyn for the hell of it.

Natalie though... is hot, basically.  I can't really think of anything she did besides be a vote for Rob.  Strategically or athletically or even really socially because with Rob/Phillip on a tribe there wasn't a lot of camera time to go around.  On a similar note, it's kind of gross that Monica stripped to her bikini and a buff and ran through Hollywood Boulevard and posted video on Youtube to try to draw votes.   Meh.

(edited)

I don't care either way if Max gets on, but if he doesn't I imagine he'd have some kind of breakdown on social media and that might be entertaining.

I could easily see Max making it because Tumblr loves him, but I could also easily see him not making it because I doubt he's popular with the casual viewers.

All I know is the only thing about tomorrow's finale that actually care about is seeing who's on next season.

That is primarily why I'd love to see him not make it (well, 2nd reason why.  The 1st is I just don't like him).  I think with Max I won't be surprised either way, but I'm leaning towards him getting on.  I just want to see the break down, since he fancies himself such a great Survivor strategist, gamer, and character, and even gloated that TPTB and Probst saw something in him to bring him back.  Only thing better than him not getting selected is going out earlier than 5th.  I think almost all of the WA alum could stand to get knocked of their pedestals and leave early next season.  Except Joe, but I feel resigned to the fact he will get targeted early regardless.

I wonder if the voting going until 9 might indicate that Mike or Carolyn is voted off before then, and that would leave them time to get votes before it closes.  Obviously only one of them might be ineligible, but the other would still have a shot.  I could see people not wanting to waste the vote if they might not even get on.  Or maybe it's a way for Jeff to chime in during commercials, and take further attention away from the final 5, by having the S31 contestants standing there next to him and pretend voting is so close, so people need to vote.  Assuming I buy that the vote is legit, aren't they worried something might go wrong?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Just a FYI - Matt from S22 RI will probably never come back to Survivor. Unlike most Survivors, he has moved on and has forged a successful acting career under a new name.

• Love 1

I've been watching Survivor since Day 1. I've never missed an episode or a season. That said, I don't know their zodiac sign. Am I a super fan or a casual fan? With all this voting talk I still don't know what is considered a casual fan. I've been voting everyday, too. So, am I a super fan or a casual fan? I seriously don't know.

• Love 1

People who discuss the show on the internet, listen to podcasts, read new stories on the show and the like are super fans. People who watch the show and that is it are casual fans.

(edited)

Most of my friends/family are casual fans at this stage.  When I informed them about this second chance and voting, several of them who had tuned out years ago (or are watchers after the merge happens), they decided to check out the nominees for the second chance.  Some of their first questions to me were "where are Parvati, Rupert, Rob, Cirie, Ozzy", etc.  All the big personalities that we have seen numerous times.  I don't know what Kass is worried about.  She seems to fit that criteria at least, and she's in one of the more recent seasons (not to mention the last popular one).

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

Interestingly, I will vote for Kass in a heartbeat over Spencer and Tasha. If Kass did not flip, I really had a strong feeling that we will be hating them. (Listening to their podcasts and interviews).

ITA with this. Tasha is very overrated and I don't get the massive fandom for Spencer. I guess some people just can't see past the underdog edit? Even thought he was given such a great edit I still found him to be whiny, entitled, a poor player (he had so many opportunities to shake the game up and didn't) and kind of unnecessarily rude to Kass (even though I didn't particularly like her either, but she was right when she called him out as entitled). He got a ton of confessionals and he was never an interesting or funny "narrator" to me.

Would Joe have gotten so much attention if he had shorter hair?  I feel like so many comments about Joe have been about his hair.  Guess it worked.

I saw a few pictures of him with short hair and I feel pretty confident in saying no, he would not get so much attention if he didn't have long hair. And I think it's ridiculous that male players can become fan favorites by having long hair and not being horribly offensive. Joe wasn't a good player and he was boring. I don't get the excitement for him at all. When a female players plays the same game as Joe did she's called boring, a coattail rider, etc.

Terry - I think of Terry as the older, maybe slightly less arrogant, less asshole version of Ozzy. He'd be better on some reality show that was all challenges and no social game or strategizing. If he gets back on I feel like he won't change up his game much and will be boring.

Varner - I am so excited about this. I don't even know why, but I totally loved him in Australia and he's bringing up the nostalgia feels for me. I read his AMA on reddit and he is so passionate about the game and about playing again. I think he's smart enough and has followed the show enough over the past few years to adapt to modern-day Survivor. I hope he makes it.

Stephen - I thought he should have won Tocantins and am glad he's back in the mix. It seemed like his archetype had been filled up by Cochran and then Spencer and that he wouldn't be asked back again. Which is dumb. Why is there room for only one Survivor "nerd" every era, but there's room for tons of bland, interchangeable surfer dudes and mactors. 

Shane - I'm kind of torn. I know people loved him on Exile Island and I did too, but in thinking about it now he kind of reminds me of Brandon Hantz-lite. I think he'll be too insane to be enjoyable this time around. And there's been a ton of uproar over Dan saying somebody should have slapped Shirin, but let's not forget that Shane did threaten to kill Courtney in her "shitty apartment" and then said afterwards he would drive to his "club and that would be that". Yeah. Just a bit frightening. 

Natalie though... is hot, basically.  I can't really think of anything she did besides be a vote for Rob.  Strategically or athletically or even really socially because with Rob/Phillip on a tribe there wasn't a lot of camera time to go around.  On a similar note, it's kind of gross that Monica stripped to her bikini and a buff and ran through Hollywood Boulevard and posted video on Youtube to try to draw votes.   Meh.

Yeah, it's been off-putting the way some of the potential female contestants have been using sex appeal to get votes. I liked Monica in Samoa, I thought she had potential, but this does not paint her in a favorable light for me. Same with Peih Geen and Kelley Wentworth. And I know that people could say that it shouldn't matter because they'll be wearing a bikini on the show anyway, but still. I'm not down with encouraging the objectification. This show is bad enough about that as it is.

Abi Maria - I think she could do pretty well a second time and I like her enough that I don't mind if she comes back. And the first time she was competing with a torn ACL, which probably explains why she was so "annoying" to other people. 

Kass - I'm fine with her coming back. She kept Cagayan from being boring. And I don't like the fact that she can come across as cold or condescending, but I do like that she seems more aware of that now and I do like her feminist perspective on the game.

Jeremy - I liked him in San Juan Del Sur and I'm fine with him coming back.

Shirin - She's coming back for sure and I'm fine with that, but yeah, with these interviews I'm starting to see why people on this season may have found her annoying.

Max - Oh lord. I read his AMA on reddit and he claims that his plan for the first vote when So left the game was so complex that, to this day, even the producers and Jeff still don't understand all of his amazing machinations (although maybe sometimes he is being sarcastic with these claims?). I usually like the passion superfans have for the game, but Max is too much. And I seriously think the producers put him up for second chances because they wanted to embarrass him when he inevitably doesn't get back on the show (and not because they "saw something" in him, as he likes to claim). That's the only thing that explains his edit, lack of screentime, etc. from this past season. It almost seems like Survivor wants to make fun of and crap on their most obsessive fans. Or maybe they thought cutting him out for the 4 episodes (or however many) he was on was actually the best edit they could give him. 

Edited by wudpixie

I wonder if the voting going until 9 might indicate that Mike or Carolyn is voted off before then, and that would leave them time to get votes before it closes.  Obviously only one of them might be ineligible, but the other would still have a shot.  I could see people not wanting to waste the vote if they might not even get on.  Or maybe it's a way for Jeff to chime in during commercials, and take further attention away from the final 5, by having the S31 contestants standing there next to him and pretend voting is so close, so people need to vote.  Assuming I buy that the vote is legit, aren't they worried something might go wrong?

What could possibly go wrong??

I'm sure they're allowing people to vote during the first hour of the finale because the casual fans will have forgotten about the vote since last week. They'll remind them to vote one more time during the commercials.

(edited)

What could possibly go wrong??

I'm sure they're allowing people to vote during the first hour of the finale because the casual fans will have forgotten about the vote since last week. They'll remind them to vote one more time during the commercials.

What I meant was, how the votes are being calculated.  Granted, I really don't think there is going to be any huge surge that would cause the website to crash or votes to get miscalculated.  If you could vote more than once a day, maybe.  But I guess why would they want to risk any sort of funny business about people claiming they couldn't get into vote at the last minute, or it leaking out that something got tallied wrong because they were rushing to get the votes ready (I'm just thinking of all the DWTS and AI conspiracies I've heard over the years).  I still question the whole 10 million+ votes and if that number could be accurate.

My final predictions for who I think will be back: for the ladies-Kelly Wiglesworth, Abi-Maria, Ciera, Kass, Tasha, Shirin, T-Bird, Natalie T, Kelley Wentworth, Peih-Gee (I am iffy on the last 3, and I think Sabrina may slip in there due to being from a more recent, even if it was an unpopular, season).  I do feel my first 7 ladies are a lock.

For the men-Jeff, Stephen, Vytas, Spencer, Woo, Jeremy, Joe, Mike, Keith, Max (again, iffy on the last 3.  Obviously Mike is out if he wins, and I'm praying to the Survivor gods he does.  I do think there's an unfortuante chance Culpepper sneaks in there).  As much as I hate saying it, I will be surprisd if Andrew and Shane make it.  I hope I'm proven wrong.  I believe Stephen, Spencer, Joe, Woo, and Mike, if he doesn't win, are in.  Jeff's done a great job getting himself out there, and I think from the old school side of things he's got the best shot.

Edited by LadyChatts

I don't get people thinking Kass and especially Abi-Maria are locks.  I never voted for them.  They were so unpleasant, they made me want to tear my hair out watching them. And neither seemed particularly smart. I don't want to see again people that I hated. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• Love 2

Biting the bullet.. . the stuff I have to think hard about happens after the ellipses . . .

Females: Kelly, Kimmi, Teresa (I'm betting we'll get "T-Bird" jammed down our gobs), Mikayla (because she was voted out for "tempting" Brandon), Sabrina (if you had to give an immunity idol to somebody on the other tribe, you would've done it with Colton too), Abi-Maria (she's not the worst Brazilian to be on reality TV; that would be Camila of The Challenge), Shirin, Carolyn . . . Tasha (barely remember her, but better her making it than fellow female "Brain" Kass), Kelley (don't know who she is; I want confusion on having two people with the same name and different spellings).

Males: Jeff, Stephen, Vytas, Woo (because David Jacoby from Grantland wants him back), Spencer (though I hope he's over Mitt Romney), Joe, Max, Mike . . . Shane (fuck it; I'm curious to see if he's gone cold turkey again), Jeremy (it would be on him to redeem Boston/New England after Rodney). Oh, and screw Andrew (he kept Osten . . . Osten) and Terry (poor man's Tom Westman).

I don't get people thinking Kass and especially Abi-Maria are locks.  I never voted for them.  They were so unpleasant, they made me want to tear my hair out watching them. And neither seemed particularly smart. I don't want to see again people that I hated. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Given that Cagayan was a recent and overall well-received season, Kass, bringing the drama as the portrayed antithesis of Tasha and Spencer, probably bolstered her chances considerably for this season. And that's not to mention her popularity on RHAP.

(edited)

I'm basing it more on recency and process of elimination.  I will be somewhat surprised to see Stephanie, Kimmi, and Monica make it, though I would be very, very happy if Kimmi got through.  I don't know if I see Carolyn, because she may be ineligible.  So take those 4 away, and you're left with 12 ladies vying for spots.  Kass comes from one of the more recent, very popular seasons, she's extremely memorable for being a villain and keeping he game topsy turvy (and really, how many Survivors get their own hastag named after them).  Some will argue she was playing the game, not to win, but just to screw with everyone else since she knew she had no chance at the end.  I'm not voting for her, so I can't speak for reasons why.  For me, though, I think Kass will either be easy fodder to go early, or she will make good on her promise during RHAP where she said she intends to just be a goat and make it to the end.  I did say that could have just been strategy talking, but I think Kass will be one of those returnees who is the boring, exact opposite of what made them memorable the first time.

I hated Abi during her first run, and while I somewhat warmed up to her after the fact, I never, ever dreamed I'd care to see her return again.  However, listening to her RHAP interview, she won me over.  Out of all the potential returnees, I am most excited to see how her game has changed, and I think she will actually come in with a different perspective and strategy.  All I can think of is Parvati during Micronesia.  Not saying she'll be as sneaky or cunning, but I do hope I'm right that we'll see someone actually learn something from their first run.  And, again, she's from one of the more recent seasons and was memorable, even if it was for the wrong reasons.  

Kelley (don't know who she is; I want confusion on having two people with the same name and different spellings).

Not only that, but they are each a W in the alphabet.  So it's not like someone can just vote Kelly W if they forget the extra E.  I see those ladies winding up on a different tribes at first, probably to avoid that confusion as long as possible.

Edited by LadyChatts

Yeah, I understand the recency effect, but trying to get in the mindset of the "Casual Fans" that are supposedly doing all the voting, I don't see them voting for people they hated even though they remember them (unless they were funny, ala Keith and Shane perhaps).  And these "Casuals" are not watching interviews or listening to RHAP or anything like that, so the contestants don't have a shot of giving them a better second impression. I understand the concept of "love to hate", but for me, there are very few, if any, players who fit that bill (usually I just hate).  But of course I'm projecting my own mindset on these hypothetical voters.

Casual viewers will vote for the underdogs or the nice persons. Thus Abi-Maria and Kass may miss the cut. Shirin had a redemption arc this season unlike Abi-Maria and Kass, so she may be a lock. I guess Woo will be a lock too. LOL! 

My guess: 

Males: Spencer, Vytas, Jeremy, Savage, Culpepper/Shane, Joe, Terry, Keith, Woo, Troyzan.

I think Probst is going to have his say in a few of the picks and he's going to make sure that his good buddy Savage is on there. Then I'm expecting one of Culpepper/Shane, if not both. You need some male villains types. 

Females: Abi-Maria, Natalie, Ciera, Kass, Kelley, Shirin, Kelly W., Tasha, Sabrina, Stephanie.

Once again, I think CBS and Probst are going pick a few members of this cast and I'm expecting a Natalie and Stephanie to make it purely on a cute girl quota. And Probst has such a hard-on for Redemption Island, I really feel like Natalie is a lock. Then I'm expecting an Abi-Maria to get picked because of that need for some villain characters (even if she plays a completely different game this time). 

Honestly, we are never going to see the vote so CBS can do what they want and no one will know the difference. Tossing out the 10 million vote thing was calculated to allow CBS to do what they want because know one can track what the casual viewer is doing. That number had to be pretty high in order to counter the polls being conducted on the fan sites assuming that each vote for a person is going to be times 14 with people on those sites assumed to have voted every day. I am also aware of people who created multiple accounts.

Essentially, CBS had to toss out a number to be able to counter the outrage from the "serious" fans who have been voting more and if the cast ends up looking different from what we see on the fan sites.

Just a FYI - Matt from S22 RI will probably never come back to Survivor. Unlike most Survivors, he has moved on and has forged a successful acting career under a new name.

WHAT?! What's his new name?

Essentially, CBS had to toss out a number to be able to counter the outrage from the "serious" fans who have been voting more and if the cast ends up looking different from what we see on the fan sites.

Good point. I can't really believe there were actually 10 million people voting for this so I think you're right about CBS making that number up in order to put some of their preferred people in the cast.

heheheh The 31 Candidates are in sequester. Shane tweeted a picture of 6 root beers and 6 bowls of ice cream to make root beer floats. I can't imagine spending the day locked away in a hotel room not talking to anyone while waiting to find out if you got on or not. I can see folks going bat shit crazy. Well, crazier...

Despite what they claim, I have no doubt that Jeff and the producers have some say in who gets on.  Of all the potential male contestants, Jeff had woodies for Andrew Savage and Brad Culpepper.  There's no way in my mind that those two don't get on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the top 7 are determined by fan vote, and the remaining 3 are producers picks based on a combination of fan vote and "other" factors (i.e. for the men, who Jeff wants to go skinnydipping with, and for the women, if the fan vote didn't select some of the "hot young ones")

Kelley (don't know who she is; I want confusion on having two people with the same name and different spellings).

Not only that, but they are each a W in the alphabet.  So it's not like someone can just vote Kelly W if they forget the extra E.  I see those ladies winding up on a different tribes at first, probably to avoid that confusion as long as possible.

I do think it would be funny, but any confusion is never going to get aired.  When WAHK voted for "Cherilyn" earlier this season, supposedly Jeff had to pause and ask if it was a vote for Carolyn or Shirin.  The footage aired, Jeff just says "Carolyn".  If there was really confusion with a vote for "Kelly W" or "Kelley W" I'm sure they would have whoever made the vote (the cameramen can tell while voting is being done who is voting for who) do a new one.  I bet they would just make sure people have identifiers.  "Blue tribe Kelly", "Survivor Classic Kelly", "Blonde Kelly", "Old Kelly", etc
(edited)

I think those pics are from right before they went into sequester. Although I just went to check around and they are all tweeting today, so your point stands. It is somewhat dumb to sequester them if you're still going to allow them their phones. I don't really get what the point of sequestering them is either.

Edited by peachmangosteen

I don't, either.  Especially since they aren't sequestering the S30 potentials.  I mean, there circumstances are a little different since it is their finale day.  But I would think to be fair, why not just put them all in sequester?  

I can see folks going bat shit crazy. Well, crazier...

Or just a normal day for Shane.

I still think that number is overinflated.  It just seems like a lot, even for people that may have had multiple accounts.  I'm also with those that believe CBS will still have some sort of hand in the selection process.  I guess we will find out how the voting goes.  If all or most of the pre-Micronesia people make it, I will believe CBS played a hand in that.  If it is strictly S22-30, with maybe Kelly Wiglesworth thrown in there, then I'll believe it was all the fans.  Jeff himself has said that it's all about types, and I doubt they want too many of the same types out there.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't, either.  Especially since they aren't sequestering the S30 potentials.  I mean, there circumstances are a little different since it is their finale day.  But I would think to be fair, why not just put them all in sequester? 

I didn't know they didn't sequester the S30 people. The sequestering of everyone else makes even less sense then. Literally what is the point? LOL. Everyone's already made their pre-show alliances at this point anyway. And if it's because they're afraid info about who makes it would get out, the S30 people would be able to see it so what's the big deal? And anyway, no info could get out because voting doesn't even end until tonight.

Edited by peachmangosteen
(edited)

I saw a tweet that they were losing their phones at 10 AM today, that is California time so 1:00 PM on the east coast.

I doubt Brad gets on. If Brad gets on there is going to be a massive cry that things were rigged because Brad has tanked on all of the fan sites. Dalton Ross and company know about those sites and will hear about it and Survivor will have to work to keep it out of the news. Jeff will have to live without Brad. He was an early boot, annoyed folks, and did nothing to campaign. He is not memorable to most folks. I can see Savage getting on and no one having a real issue with that because he had support from the fan sites. Savage is ranked 11th on RHAP and is similarly placed on the other polls. If he doesn't make it and they fudge the vote it will be less noticeable then if Brad makes it.

Jeff has actually called out RHAP recently so they know that RHAP has a decent size audience and are aware of what is happening at that site. I suspect that there will be rigging but it will be around the people pooling in 11-13 place who were considered bubble prospects. Rob might have screwed over PG and some of the other higher ranked women on his pool by suggesting that the casual voters are more active and so that T-Bird (3), PG (7), and Kelly Wentworth (8) are on the bubble because they would be less recognizable to the casual voter then people active on fan sites and listing them on the bubble.

ETA: Are we sure they didn't sequester Joe, Shirin, and Max today? I can see them not sequestering Mike and Carolyn, they are not allowed to discuss anything Survivor related until after the finale so there is no real reason to sequester them. I saw tweets from the last few days with Joe in them but have not seen any tweets from Joe. Max and Shirin were tweeting but they could have shut that down like the did Shane and Jim.

Edited by ProfCrash
(edited)

As of yesterday, they were not sequestered, which is when I thought the others had gone in.  The S30 crew was still living it up with pre-finale festivities.  It would make sense to sequester them, if for any other reason to ensure they don't start the game over with a massive hang over.  Joe's last twitter post was 2 hrs ago.  Since I'm East Coast, that would be 11 here, and 8 on the West Coast.  So maybe they were being sequestered today, if they are in fact losing their phones.  Max and Shirin were still posting as of last night, though I noticed Max's twitter had really quieted down compared to what it had been.  He did mention something about having a stupid fake name for the cast hotel, but I figured it was for the S30 finale.

I agree about seeing no point in this.  It isn't Big Brother.  Alliances have been made, with probably pretty much everyone out there.  The voting isn't over until 9 pm, so unless production lets it slip that certain people are in or out no matter what, I don't see what the big deal is.

Edited by LadyChatts

Max is tweeting. He tweeted about 20 minutes ago that he didn't know when/if they were going to take their phones away. But the he\ just posted this pic, so he doesn't appear to be sequestered.

I'm hopeful that maybe that's a good sign he isn't getting on, so they are letting him do whatever he wants.

I am following tweets at Survivor Sucks, I don't have a twitter account. I know that Jim and Shane tweeted they were in sequester and someone tweeted that they were losing their phones at 10 AM. (shrugs)

Or they decided to let the Season 30 folks enjoy their reunion time. Maybe they told them not to campaign? It would be better if it was because Max wasn't getting on so they don't care.

(edited)

Me too!  Especially since he seems somewhat confident of his chances.  For whatever reason, he'll forever have a chip on his shoulder until he can go back out there and carve out his Survivor legacy.  They will probably have to give him a RI season where they just are handing it to him.  I don't see Max being successful a second time.  He's still in his S30 game mode.  I spoke too soon about Max's twitter being quiet, it's blowing up with tweets right now.  Probably means they are getting ready to take away the phones soon.

I still think he'll get called last from the men.  I wonder if Jeff will start with the most obvious returnees and work towards those that were more on the bubble.

Edited by LadyChatts

I guess I'm a casual fan so here is how I voted: first, I chose people I liked from the seasons I watched, plus some people I didn't like as much but whose distinct personalities would make the season more interesting to watch (Abi, Kass, Keith). Then I picked the four earliest old-timers of each gender because they seemed cool from what you guys wrote about them.  Plus I'd like to see people I haven't seen before.  With extra votes, I skewed toward older in age people since I am older in age.  I also didn't vote for certain people, like Culpeper, from what you guys said about them and I thought Troyzan looked creepy, like an elderly Vince.

Despite what they claim, I have no doubt that Jeff and the producers have some say in who gets on.  Of all the potential male contestants, Jeff had woodies for Andrew Savage and Brad Culpepper.  There's no way in my mind that those two don't get on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the top 7 are determined by fan vote, and the remaining 3 are producers picks based on a combination of fan vote and "other" factors (i.e. for the men, who Jeff wants to go skinnydipping with, and for the women, if the fan vote didn't select some of the "hot young ones")

I do think it would be funny, but any confusion is never going to get aired.  When WAHK voted for "Cherilyn" earlier this season, supposedly Jeff had to pause and ask if it was a vote for Carolyn or Shirin.  The footage aired, Jeff just says "Carolyn".  If there was really confusion with a vote for "Kelly W" or "Kelley W" I'm sure they would have whoever made the vote (the cameramen can tell while voting is being done who is voting for who) do a new one.  I bet they would just make sure people have identifiers.  "Blue tribe Kelly", "Survivor Classic Kelly", "Blonde Kelly", "Old Kelly", etc

Or, as it were, "Purple Kelly".

(edited)

I saw a tweet from Jeff that said they may get their phones back for live tweeting.  Wonder if that'll be under the watchful eye of CBS handlers.  Sounds like most everyone is in somewhat good spirits.  Appears some may see the writing on the wall.  I noticed in that thread there were tweets from Neleh Dennis's account.  How I miss her, and how I wish she was included in the voting.  I can't believe she has yet to return, when she helped flip Marquesas around.

I really don't get the big deal.  You would think they'd want to allow the castoffs to have every chance possible to campaign for votes, up until the end.  

Edited by LadyChatts

Yea the sequestering makes no sense. I guess I could see it if they have a ton of prep for the live show? I do believe producers will have some say, but I don't think if someone does really badly in the voting they'll put them on. For example I would be very surprised if someone like Kimmi does not get on if Jeff does. I could see them putting Terry on to see if he will butt heads with Vytas. Yes I know Aras and Terry are on good terms.

(edited)

LOL. Speaking of Purple Kelly, maybe they can do an all-quitters season next. I mean, who DOESN'T want to see crazy Kathy from Micronesia again?

What a joy it would be to have Brandon Hantz, NaOnka, Colton and Janu all on the same island!

ETA I just remembered that Brandon was technically voted out, with an impromptu tribal council at the site of a challenge (while Jeff was massaging his shoulders), right?

Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 2

What a joy it would be to have Brandon Hantz, NaOnka, Colton and Janu all on the same island!

ETA I just remembered that Brandon was technically voted out, with an impromptu tribal council at the site of a challenge (while Jeff was massaging his shoulders), right?

Right, I don't think Brandon was a quit so much as a danger to himself and others.  That scene still makes me cringe just thinking about it.  

I also consider all the people who asked to be voted out (like useless Chet) quitters too, and I think Jiffy does too.  What a trainwreck it would be for the show to actually bring these fuckers back.  Never gonna happen, but I'd totally watch it.   

Two things:

1. Would it be too much to ask for the final tally? I wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of those shut out, but I'm curious as to who got the votes.

2. Anybody else think it would be funny if the S31 contestants had to vote off somebody before they get to the plane? I keep imagining a cheesy long shot of a dummy getting chucked off the bus going 65 mph and going under the rolling wheels.

ETA. . . for anybody who lost track . . .

FEMALES: Kelly, Kimmi, Peih-Gee, Ciera, Abi Maria, Kass, Monica, Kelley, Shirin, Tasha

MALES: Jeff, Keith, Vytas, Terry, Andrew, Stephen, Woo, Jeremy, Spencer, Joe