Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Voting

• Start Topic

I'd vote for Twila without irony. Sure, she sounded like Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade, but she was sharp, and she deserved more that two votes against Chris in her season. Last I saw her, she was bombing out of a "reality stars" version of Fear Factor because she was partnered with Jon Dalton. Nobody deserves that.

Thinking about it, I'm glad Jeremy made the cut. Somebody has to represent New England after Rodney and Dan.

• Love 5

Shane was on RHAP talking about the new season and he claims that 26 out of the the other 31 players contacted him about making alliances. He also claims that he had a an alliance of 4 set up and that they had conference calls to discuss what they were going to do in the game. So yeah, next season is going to be a complete mess.

He also said he met Vince from this season and said that he was a complete freak, which coming from Shane is saying something.

• Love 5
(edited)

Shane was on RHAP talking about the new season and he claims that 26 out of the the other 31 players contacted him about making alliances. He also claims that he had a an alliance of 4 set up and that they had conference calls to discuss what they were going to do in the game. So yeah, next season is going to be a complete mess.

He also said he met Vince from this season and said that he was a complete freak, which coming from Shane is saying something.

I'm hopeful that TPTB will see through any pre-made alliance and put the kibosh on it.  That was the beauty of the way they did it, the very people you might have aligned with and aligned closest may not have made it on.  Jeff Varner mentioned something on his reddit that there were already pre-show alliances being made, back when he was still campaigning.  Given the fact that there are tribal swaps, early/delayed merges, HII, advantages, and anything else TPTB can throw in there to shake things up, I'm hopeful and confident this season will work out.  I believe that's why HvsV worked out so well compared to the first complete AS season.  I'll wait and see, but hopefully I'm not proven wrong and there is good game play going on with people flipping on each other.  I guess we will see when the spoilers start leaking out.  Mike was someone that I believe had an alliance made with just about everyone that was in the running, judging from his twitter.  Some people I'm leery that they will essentially be some boring goat so they don't draw attention to themselves.  That's another downside to an AS season, you typically don't get the same person you had the first time.

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

Shane described things in a very new school vs. old school type of way. 

I think the most revealing thing about the interview was him talking about the people he didn't have an alliance with: Spencer, Ciera, Stephen, Kelley, Abi-Maria, Monica. Nobody's going out there with some sort of deal in place so I'm kinda assuming that group has something going together. Definitely think there's going to be a RHAP alliance. 

He say he's positive that Kass is the first boot. 

Edited by loki567

I'm still sticking with Shirin.  Unless she tones it down and can come up with a good game plan rather than playing follow the leader or annoying the crap out of everyone.  Kass would be my next choice, followed by maybe Kimmi.  I can see Kelly Wigles going out early, too.  I'm surprised Shane would have any deals with the S30 crowd.  On the mens side, a little tougher, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Terry, Savage, Keith, Vytas, Joe, Spencer, and Stephen all potentially get sent packing before the merge.  If one tribe is on a losing streak, and there is a pre-made alliance on that side, I could see someone flipping.  It will become too obvious that people are voting in a block, especially if someone in that alliance is the obvious weak link causing their tribes losses, yet still gets by every time.  I think there will no doubt be another Lex and Ozzy moment.  WA was a blemish on Survivor's record, so TPTB will really want Second Chance to go very well.  Already a lot of excitement for it and the fan vote, so they likely want to keep that going.

(edited)

Ii actually think if Keith doesn't get  mad like he did in San Juan del Sur about people being lazy around camp. I think he is the male with best shot to go far. There are too many alpha males that might butt heads/can't blend into the background like Keith can potentially. I don't think anyone will see him as a threat. Pre-game alliances are going to happen with a returning cast I just hope people act more like Aras when they get screwed over and not like Lex.

These people really take themselves too seriously.

Completely agree.

Edited by choclatechip45
He say he's positive that Kass is the first boot. 

From Shane's mouth to Kass' tribe mates' votes, please!!  Regardless of the likelihood of her being a goat again, I think it would be a very smart move on the part of her tribe to vote her out ASAP so that she doesn't have a chance to flip at the merge or a pre-merge tribe swap.  Also, the sooner that Abi, Andrew, and Vytas are are gone, the happier I will be.  I had to resort to voting for people who I dislike, just because I despise these 4 so much.

I'm really bummed about Crazy Shane, T-Bird, and Sabrina not being chosen.  All 3 of them got my vote every day--Shane for the sheer entertainment value of his antics, and T-Bird and Sabrina because they were likeable and good social players in their first seasons.

• Love 1

Did they reveal anywhere who the lucky guy #11 was that benefitted from Mike's win?

I recall that John Cody was on the spoiled shortlist but then his face was removed.  I wonder if he couldn't get time off from work.  Or if there are other issues, maybe Candice is pregnant, who knows.  I would have liked to have seen him back.  Jeff seemed to like him, and he would have been a much better choice than Vytas.

Then again, Jeff didn't get his Heartthrob #1 Brad Culpepper in, so maybe Jeff really does have no say.  At least he got #2.

John Cody was just promoted to Major in the Army. He might not have been able to get time off.

(edited)
If one tribe is on a losing streak, and there is a pre-made alliance on that side, I could see someone flipping.  It will become too obvious that people are voting in a block, especially if someone in that alliance is the obvious weak link causing their tribes losses, yet still gets by every time.

It always is obvious but how would a pre-alliance look different (in this regard) from a regular first-day alliance?  How many times have we seen Jeffy try to winkle out a 'who deserves to go home' (because they're being lazy or whatever) at TC only to be told (and showed, in the voting) that people have their alliances and are generally sticking with them.  Always cracks me up with Jeffy tries to alliance-bust by talking about merit and 'best for the tribe' other such nonsense.  Deal-making wins games, luck, producer 'massaging', and challenge-domination not withstanding.  

I'm hopeful that TPTB will see through any pre-made alliance and put the kibosh on it.

Not sure they really can.  They could try to exclude folks who've made pre-alliances but it sounds like pretty much everybody does them now.  And they should, if they don't want to be the first ones booted out.  I can see why the producers might dislike pre-alliances (because they don't get to film the genesis of these and hence give context to subsequent game behavior) but they have no one to blame but themselves.  They created this whole economy by creating Survivor 'celebrities' for return invites, so it's pretty rich of them to act pissy about contestants gaming this system to stay on tv longer and maybe win money. 

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 4

Although, I think Kass was better in challenges that Shirin so Kass might last longer. I think Shirin would be so much more fresher in everyone's mind. I wonder when this all goes down. The day after Memorial Day? Two weeks from today. I just wonder how long they are at pre Ponderosa? They usually do pre press and I wonder if they'll do that too.

• Love 1

I'll laugh if Shirin and Varner are on the same tribe. I could totally see Shirin following him around and annoying him. I do wonder if people like Varner and Kimmi would target Shirin because of her "I made my first million comment". Both of them have said their primary motivation for coming back is the money. Varner went so far to say he's brining one of his moms medical bills as his luxury item for motivation.

• Love 2
(edited)

Shane thinks it is going to be far worse for the people who are voted off early then the ones who didn't make the show.

I agree with that Rob C and I think Tina both said it was hard getting voted off early in all stars. Tyson also said he was pretty depressed after getting voted off HvV. I feel like Spencer will take it pretty hard if he's voted off since he is young and how popular he was. I also think Stephen will take it pretty hard because too much of his life is wrapped up in Survivor.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 1
(edited)

I agree with that Rob C and I think Tina both said it was hard getting voted off early in all stars. Tyson also said he was pretty depressed after getting voted off HvV. I feel like Spencer will take it pretty hard if he's voted off since he is young and how popular he was. I also think Stephen will take it pretty hard because too much of his life is wrapped up in Survivor.

I think Joe will take it really hard as well.  He had kind of a rough time being voted off as early as he wa this time.  Just looking at Spencer after his name was called and seeing him head out to the bus, you can just tell how much this means to him.  Everyone seemed to have a different level of game face and excitement, but Spencer looked ready to just sprint to Cambodia at that minute.  I know he probably feels a lot of pressure going into the game, with a target on his back.  Pre-show alliances aside, you really have no guarantee people are going to stick with you or haven't made side deals elsewhere.  

I'm really bummed about Crazy Shane, T-Bird, and Sabrina not being chosen.  All 3 of them got my vote every day--Shane for the sheer entertainment value of his antics, and T-Bird and Sabrina because they were likeable and good social players in their first seasons.

T-Bird is perhaps my biggest surprise at not making it, with Sabrina being a distant second.  Out of OW, which isn't a fan favorite season, I always considered Sabrina to be one of the more likable and memorable people to emerge from it.  Since it was a more recent season, I thought that might benefit her.  I never imagined Kimmi making it over T-Bird.  Looking at the ages of our females, Kass is the oldest at 43.  Poor T-Bird looked really heartbroken, and it probably didn't help that it got so quiet in there.  I really think everyone expected her to make it.  When Jeff got to that row, and said only one of the 3 of them (T-Bird, PG, and Stephanie) was going through, I had a feeling she was out, and I figured Stephanie was in.  I'm so happy PG made it, though.  As for Shane, extremely disappointed, but not too, too surprised.  I don't know why, but I figured it would go either way with him.  T-Bird was one of my locks, though.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

I'll laugh if Shirin and Varner are on the same tribe. I could totally see Shirin following him around and annoying him. I do wonder if people like Varner and Kimmi would target Shirin because of her "I made my first million comment". Both of them have said their primary motivation for coming back is the money. Varner went so far to say he's brining one of his moms medical bills as his luxury item for motivation.

Nice tid bit, thanks.  They all heard her say that, so I think many have that on their mind.  Also she just played.  That will stand out as, hey, you just did this, go home.   I don't think she will be received well, at all.  

I think Joe will take it really hard as well. He had kind of a rough time being voted off as early as he wa this time. Just looking at Spencer after his name was called and seeing him head out to the bus, you can just tell how much this means to him. Everyone seemed to have a different level of game face and excitement, but Spencer looked ready to just sprint to Cambodia at that minute. I know he probably feels a lot of pressure going into the game, with a target on his back. Pre-show alliances aside, you really have no guarantee people are going to stick with you or haven't made side deals elsewhere.

T-Bird is perhaps my biggest surprise at not making it, with Sabrina being a distant second. Out of OW, which isn't a fan favorite season, I always considered Sabrina to be one of the more likable and memorable people to emerge from it. Since it was a more recent season, I thought that might benefit her. I never imagined Kimmi making it over T-Bird. Looking at the ages of our females, Kass is the oldest at 43. Poor T-Bird looked really heartbroken, and it probably didn't help that it got so quiet in there. I really think everyone expected her to make it. When Jeff got to that row, and said only one of the 3 of them (T-Bird, PG, and Stephanie) was going through, I had a feeling she was out, and I figured Stephanie was in. I'm so happy PG made it, though. As for Shane, extremely disappointed, but not too, too surprised. I don't know why, but I figured it would go either way with him. T-Bird was one of my locks, though.

I think what helped Kimmi over Tbird is that Outbacwas so popular. Africa came at a bad time the airing was delayed by 9/11 and Africa has been pretty much forgotten besides Ethan.
(edited)

They all attacked Andrea on social media after  Francesca was voted out. I've never been a big fan Stephen fan I think he is overrated.

That and IMO Stephen is low key sexist a lot of the time. I never really liked him. 

Shane made a comment that something was wrong in Sabrina's family that stopped her from campaigning.

Supposedly Sabrina had two family members die. I'm glad she didn't make it. That would've been hard to have in your head while playing this game.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to talk abut Shane's comments here on in the spoiler thread, but it seems pretty spoiler like to me so I'll go there I guess.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Terry Dietz in, Shane out???  GOD DAMN YOU AMERICA

I guess this is another season I skip :(

I'm hoping that either Terry is less obsessed with people's ages this time or is out early.

I'm puzzled as to how Shane didn't make it over Terry, who I think is a similar archetype to Savage, yet the latter two made it on the show.

I'd vote for Twila without irony. Sure, she sounded like Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade, but she was sharp, and she deserved more that two votes against Chris in her season. Last I saw her, she was bombing out of a "reality stars" version of Fear Factor because she was partnered with Jon Dalton. Nobody deserves that.

Thinking about it, I'm glad Jeremy made the cut. Somebody has to represent New England after Rodney and Dan.

I couldn't agree more about wanting to see Twila return and make it far again. IIRC, Chris didn't fully realize the usefulness of getting Eliza's vote during the LeAnn boot until she spelled it out for him.

• Love 2

Shane apparently tweet something to Julie Berry (past contestant and Jeff Probst girlfriend) about not fucking the boss if you want to be invited back. Shane also said he called Probst one time when he was drunk and bitched him out for replacing Shane with Ozzy in the Ozzy vs Coach season.  Shane also threatened to quit on his season and he is a real wild card in terms of what he says. Just listen to his podcast with Rob from yesterday. Rob was stopping him from stepping into too much crap but Shane is Shane.

If there was any one person I can see Probst saying "Oh hell no" to bringing them back, it would be Shane. And I could totally see Probst replacing Shane with Terry.

• Love 2

I didn't watch Shane's season but I'm starting to wonder how much of what he says on podcasts is b.s.  I listed to his one a few weeks ago with Rob and he said he and his son were asked to do Blood vs. Water and they said no.  It all seems a little odd.  

(edited)
I'm puzzled as to how Shane didn't make it over Terry, who I think is a similar archetype to Savage, yet the latter two made it on the show.

People commenting on Shane's tweets say that Jeff Probst and Savage are actually good friends.  Is that right?  

God, Terry is the worst.

Another Shane tweet:

Shane Powers @Theshanepowers  ·  May 21

Bedtime. Pretty sure I got hosed cause I've busted @JeffProbst balls over the years and he seems to be petty. We'll never know. Goodnight.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I'm still sticking with Shirin.  Unless she tones it down and can come up with a good game plan rather than playing follow the leader or annoying the crap out of everyone.  Kass would be my next choice, followed by maybe Kimmi.  I can see Kelly Wigles going out early, too. ............

I think people are going to be a little afraid of "being mean" to Shirin.  I expect she'll be seen as a good alliance member, picked up in one early and have to do nothing and be luggage, I mean,  carried along far.  Her annoying people will not be shown, how could they now? 

• Love 1

I think people are going to be a little afraid of "being mean" to Shirin.  I expect she'll be seen as a good alliance member, picked up in one early and have to do nothing and be luggage, I mean,  carried along far.  Her annoying people will not be shown, how could they now? 

TBH, I think that may be what gets Shirin kicked off sooner rather than later.  There was a lot of negativity and backlash surrounding this season and contestants, and most of it revolved around her.  I don't expect these people to hold back, and if they see they are going to have to deal with any drama, I see them getting rid of her just so they don't have to deal with that.  According to others that were on WA with Shirin, they said she instigated a lot of stuff by making remarks and going out of her way to be obnoxious.  I actually can believe that, and I believe she did it solely to get a reaction and make someone look bad.  That's why I think she may have a tough time if she doesn't dial it back.  I don't see people going easy on her out there.  And since this is an AS season of fan and Probst faves, I'm not sure she'll get away with an easy edit this time.

I loved how excited Spencer and Joe were, congratulating each other (while Culpepper sat there with a fixed smile on his face).  I'd like to see Joe and Spencer team up and go far.

Shane was such a loose cannon.  I don't typically enjoy seasons where I'm waiting for a cast member to have a meltdown, a la Brandon Hantz.  It makes me think that they got past the casting process because they'd make for colorful television, when they rightfully should've been watching it in their living rooms.

• Love 2

Savage and Probst have been known to enjoy a meal together. I would say they are friendly but I don't know that they are friends.

Shirin was involved with the drama this season but I think Dan was actually more front and center in the drama. Outside of the massive fight with Will, the biggest complaint was that Shirin talked to much, geeked out, and was annoying. Dan was pissing people off with his comments and his behavior just as much as Shirin did, except that Dan was in the majority alliance.

I think if you compare Shirin to Kass, both annoying and at the center of some controversy, I would think Kass would be more of a target. Kass flipped and intentionally stirred up shit. I don't think Shirin intended to be at the middle of the drama, I suspect that she would have preferred to have people discussing her game play and not the fight with Will.

There are a lot of egos out there, most of whom caused a decent amount of drama in their own seasons. Every player out there knows the history of the other players, I don't think that Shirin is actually the one that they are going to worry about.

• Love 4
(edited)

I tend to agree.  She'll be a good alliance member for someone.  I noticed she looked pretty chummy with Spencer as they were going to break.  I wonder if Joe distances himself from her or not.

I liked Shane more than Terry for sure, but that's not saying much.  Shane was  just loud and barely together at times.  I also think he enjoys being the fly in someone's ointment.  And honestly the most enjoyable thing for me about both Shane and Terry that season was watching both of them getting outflanked and outplayed by Cirie.

Edited by vb68

Another Shane tweet:

If he's not lying about being invited to play in BvsW, then it's kind of hard to claim he's being blacklisted by Jeff.  I'm pretty sure Jeff could blacklist someone from the 32 list itself, anyway.  Why flatter him with an invite at all if the EP is offended by him, y'know?  

(edited)

Probst also tweeted at Shane and told him that wasn't the case. Probst has always been open who he dislikes and I think he would have said in an interview if he didn't like Shane. It's pretty well known Probst is friends with Savage. Probst was also friends with Colby and I never felt like Colby was given an advantage in All stars or

heroes vs villans. Given that Julie Berry has said she can't play again because of seeing things behind the scenes and was told that from the start makes me think producers wouldn't put Savage on if it was conflict of interest. Plus they put FairPlay on after Jeff said he never wants to see the guy again.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 5

There are a lot of egos out there, most of whom caused a decent amount of drama in their own seasons. Every player out there knows the history of the other players, I don't think that Shirin is actually the one that they are going to worry about.

This. I feel like Shirin won't even be a blip on these people's radars at first. I bet she makes it pretty far.

• Love 3

This. I feel like Shirin won't even be a blip on these people's radars at first. I bet she makes it pretty far.

I agree unless they find her super annoying, but they'll probably keep her around cus she's a number kind of like Jenna Lewis in All-stars. I think she lucked out that neither Max or Carolyn didn't get on. She would have been a much bigger threat if those 2 were IMO.

• Love 2

It wouldn't surprise me if Shirin was among the first to go just due to her being a relative stranger to these people.  I get the impression a lot of these people have been mingling in the Survivor community since playing, and a lot of them know each other and/or respect each other.  

I feel like Shirin's claim to fame wasn't really anything to be proud of.  Annoying players til they burst, sitting there for a royal bawling out, then playing the special victim card.  

I think Shirin will do reasonably well. In seasons like this, and Shane's podcast confirming people were pre-gaming hard, perceived stronger players will be targeted first. Even if Shirin can get annoying, I imagine her fangirling will earn her a few brownie points early on and somebody's going to take her under their wing for her vote. And she gets past the first couple votes, she'll probably be set up for a deep run. 

• Love 4
(edited)

As for Shirin's annoying-ness causing her to be an early boot, I don't really see that happening. For one, I just really don't think she's quite as annoying as some of the people this season seem to imply. Also, the people on this season are as annoying as her and/or have already dealt with super annoying people and I doubt they'll even give a shit that Shirin's annoying if they can use her to take out the people they're afraid of.

• Love 4

As for Shirin's annoying-ness causing her to be an early boot, I don't really see that happening. For one, I just really don't think she's quite as annoying as some of the people this season seem to imply. Also, the people on this season are as annoying as her and/or have already dealt with super annoying people and I doubt they'll even give a shit that Shirin's annoying if they can use her to take out the people they're afraid of.

It's kind of tough to say when what we saw of her is about .00001% of what they did.  

Interesting from EW:

The cast chosen by fans features a mix of early and recent contestants. However, players from seasons in the early twenties did not fare as well as none of the six eligible players from season 22 through 24 were chosen. In perhaps the biggest surprise, all seven players from season 28 & 29 were voted in by fans, yet two people (runner-up Carolyn and Max) from the just wrapped season 30, Worlds Apart, were snubbed by the public.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/20/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-revealed

I did love that Carolyn lost twice.  She probably felt, and I would've agreed, that whoever didn't win WAS going to play again (Will excluded, of course), then she lost at both.

The reasons I see Shirin as an early boot:

1. Many of these players know each other and have made alliances already.

2,. They know she has millions (first was at 25).

3. The first TC boot for each tribe is usually the easiest so as not to ruffle feathers too early.  She fits that category (see #s 1 and 2). 

4. She has not earned her way into the "club" of previous players (similar to #1). 

Reasons they may want to keep her around:

1. Many of these players know each other and have made alliances already but need someone else to make it bigger.

2. They know she has millions so easy to take along since no one is going to vote for her.

3. They may want to get rid of the biggest asshole first.

4. Since she is "new" she is prime to befriend because she will love that! 

In conclusion. 

I have no fucking idea how well she will do. 

• Love 6

I think one of the most entertaining things to look forward to in season 31, at least for me, is how, unless someone else steps up and become even more controversial, Shirin will continue to divide the Survivor forum into pro-Shirin and anti-Shirin (sure, some people might be neutral on her, but they don't seem to be as chatty).

• Love 1

I really doubt the millionaire thing will have any effect on Shirin. Andrew Savage is also wealthy. I'm sure some of the others are, too. And I think returning contestants are less likely than new ones to base their votes on a person's job/wealth.

I was thinking that in the returning players season they tend to go after players that are scary/threats first, but that actually only happened once, Tina in All Stars. In Micronesia, HvV, Caromoan, and BvW they went after more annoying/unpredictable players.

So if I was making a guess I would say Shirin will either go very early or make it quite deep into the game. It might come down to whether or not she aligned with anyone pre-game.

• Love 1

I really doubt the millionaire thing will have any effect on Shirin. Andrew Savage is also wealthy. I'm sure some of the others are, too. And I think returning contestants are less likely than new ones to base their votes on a person's job/wealth.

I was thinking that in the returning players season they tend to go after players that are scary/threats first, but that actually only happened once, Tina in All Stars. In Micronesia, HvV, Caromoan, and BvW they went after more annoying/unpredictable players.

So if I was making a guess I would say Shirin will either go very early or make it quite deep into the game. It might come down to whether or not she aligned with anyone pre-game.

Wouldn't Tom in HvV fit the scary/threat?

(edited)

Yea definitely, but he did make it through 3 TCs before getting voted out. That is still early though, but the first boot was more of a 'this person is annoying/unpredictable' variety on both tribes.

Jenna Lewis was very vocal about targeting the winners on All Stars thats why Tina was first. Ethan was due to be next but Rudy got voted out as he was injured.

I think after this season with it's sexism fest might make them weary of going there.

I'm afraid they might though, in a misguided attempt to "empower the women" and then maybe highlight the men bickering, but show the women working together harmoniously.

• Love 1

Yea definitely, but he did make it through 3 TCs before getting voted out. That is still early though, but the first boot was more of a 'this person is annoying/unpredictable' variety on both tribes.

Ah okay. I didn't realize you meant the first one booted. I know its been rumored that JT booted Sugar because his girlfriend finding out about them sleeping together pre game. Well Randy was an idiot and apparently went up to Sandra and said we need to get rid of Parvati cus she's a former winner.

I wouldn't mind them bringing back the one world twist for this season. I always thought that would have been fun in a full returnee season.

Kass is not well liked by many people in the Survivor family.  I see her being an early boot for that reason alone, if not the first boot.  She's unpredictable, and if she plays like she did in Cagayan (even though she said she won't), no one is going to want to risk her flipping on them or being a swing vote at a crucial time.  The season hasn't even started filming, but right now she sits in dead last as the person least likely to win.  If she feels she has nothing to lose, why not screw with other people's game?  Heck, I'd do it.  What might help Kass is if she's in a tribe where she can be a swing vote, or at least a tie vote.  And if her respective tribe goes on an immunity run in the beginning, someone else may emerge as either super annoying or a threat, and get ousted before her.  She may get by because people will think she's disposable at any time, and forget about her until its too late.  That's what I think will likely benefit Shirin, too.  I just don't want to even stomach the thought of Shirin being around another full season, especially if she's still got the drama around her.  I'm still calling her the new Sugar.

Jenna Lewis's reasoning for wanting to boot winners was so idiotic.  I still don't understand how she qualified as an AS (besides that they felt they needed someone to fill the Elisabeth and Colleen quota.  And since those two declined...)