Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E20: Live Top 10 Eliminations

• Start Topic

Now we don't have to hear Adam tell us how nervous and insecure Deanna is anymore. Reminds me of an interviewer saying don't be nervous, of course, you get more nervous. Self fulfilling prophesy.

Reba M. Sure does put a lot of country performers to shame.

• Love 5

Current team rosters/cheat sheets:

Team Adam

Joshua Davis (saved by Twitter vote)

Team Pharrell

Koryn Hawthorne (saved by America's vote)

Sawyer Fredericks (saved by America's vote)

Team Christina

India Carney (saved by America's vote)

Kimberly Nichole (saved by America's vote)

Team Blake

Corey Kent White (saved by America's vote)

Meghan Linsey (saved by America's vote)

Hannah Kirby (saved by America's vote)

Well, once Corey was in (damn it!  What does @Dots And Stripes see in the human equivalent of watching paint dry?!), I knew Rob would hit the bottom, for sure, since they were both charting low on iTunes.  But then, he sang first, and I knew he'd be gone.  Joshua was an obvious save.  The girls cream their pants over him.  Plus, he went last.  But I think the bloom is off the rose for him where most fans are concerned.  He can't afford another bad performance, or he's facing the bottom again.  Deanna was a goner, for sure.  That much was clear.  I liked her, but I won't miss her.  She sounded the best she ever sounded in the Team Adam performance, though.

Would've been great to see Adam get completely wiped out, but oh, well.

Damn it!  Why does Blake's whole team have to still be intact after two weeks?  If any team deserved it, it was Christina's!  Hannah and Meghan, I'm happy for.  Corey doesn't deserve surviving for shit!

Loved Reba's song, though.  And I love that we're gonna see Usher, Gwen, and CeeLo next week!

• Love 4

In my opinion Josh did exactly what I though he had to do to get saved. Pick a well liked and well known and of course sing it well! Anyhow I am glad that he got saved. Though it would have been funny if Adam had no team. My boyfriend and I were joking that he would be his own team. That would have made a funny skit with User.

Anyhow, I'm glad everyone I wanted to go through went through.

• Love 3

Now we don't have to hear Adam tell us how nervous and insecure Deanna is anymore. Reminds me of an interviewer saying don't be nervous, of course, you get more nervous. Self fulfilling prophesy.

Reba M. Sure does put a lot of country performers to shame.

I was like, oh enough already about Deanna's nervousness Adam! If I was her I would want him to shut it already. I was totally fine with that bottom three, but I wouldn't have minded swapping Corey for Rob. Glad Hannah made it through too.

yeah, Reba's still got it! (not that she's ever lost it, I just haven't seen her perform live in a while.)

Very nice of her to see her saying good luck to everyone, at least that's what it looked like she said.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 2

In my opinion Josh did exactly what I though he had to do to get saved. Pick a well liked and well known and of course sing it well! Anyhow I am glad that he got saved. Though it would have been funny if Adam had no team. My boyfriend and I were joking that he would be his own team. That would have made a funny skit with User.

Anyhow, I'm glad everyone I wanted to go through went through.

Not really.  Just be hot.  That's all he did.

But good for you getting everyone you wanted.

The singer who sings before the commercial break is consistently at a disadvantage!! I tweeted to save Rob , so I'm sad. He should be there instead of Corey!

I agree, that is so unfair. There should be that commercial if it's needed, then they all should sing then one commercial break with the twitter thing.

• Love 3

I thought the fix was in by saying Usher would hook up with Adam's team at the start of the show. It  meant that Adam had to have at least one team member left, otherwise...what would Usher have to do? They could have not paired the guest coaches up and left the pairing for next week. That way, if Adam lost his whole team, Usher could have been paired with Xtina, which would have been so much more fun. There was no way Rob could have stayed, the way it was set up.

Damn it!  Why does Blake's whole team have to still be intact after two weeks?

It's the power of Blake!

In my opinion Josh did exactly what I though he had to do to get saved. Pick a well liked and well known and of course sing it well! Anyhow I am glad that he got saved.

I'm glad he was saved too! I still think Joshua has a lot of potential and it's a bummer that Adam hasn't been able to capitalize on it. I hope Josh at least gets a better song choice next week.

Edited by kelnic86

It would have been really fun to have Usher and Xtina, two competitive tigers, against undercover ninja Blake and Mr Zen Pharrell. Putting Usher on a noncompetitive team (while Gwen is coaching the two most competitive) is such a missed opportunity, IMO.

Maybe it was this TV I was using tonight, but everyone sounded BAD (except Reba). The group performances sounded REALLY BAD. Adam and Pharrell sounded BAAADDD. The save performances also sounded horrible. I'll have to listen to everything online to get another perspective.

• Love 2

We almost did it, America. You had to save the cute guy with the guitar. At least Usher will have something to do next week.

Again after starting Deanna off as the Christian artist, Blake has her singing about midnight toking and lovin on the run. She looked uncomfortable with that song. It doesn't fit her vibe at all. Not that it matters at this point anyway.

Good pair of eliminations.  I feel sorry for Deanna - that was one of the most unflattering outfits I have ever seen.  Way worse than Heidi's "diaper" outfit on So You Think You Can Dance.

If I were voting based on last night's performance, Rob definitely deserved bottom 3.

I don't mind that Josh was saved at this point.  I am sort of rooting for him to have one more good song before he leaves.  

I was happy Josh got saved - it's nice to have an oldster or two left in the competition..ha.  But going forward, I'd really like to see him and Sawyer actually perform, rather than stand and sing.  I know someone of the women overdo it and it's looks like they're in a Broadway musical (which, I hasten to add is not all bad and I love Broadway), but there should be a happy medium between histrionics and standing there. 

• Love 1

Lessons learned today:

• This show will never get rid of Hannah or Corey. Mark my word, 3/4 of the finalists will consist of Blake's team plus Sawyer.
  • I knew once Adam announced that Usher would be his guest mentor that the producers would rig it so his singers went last so he could have one singer left to be mentored.
  • Never wear a lacy clingy jumpsuit when you are a big boned girl showing all your flaws. I'm talking to you, Deanna (Buh-bye by the way).
  • Someone please e-mail/Tweet/FedEX/Instagram/snail mail/Pony Express Pharrell and tell him to take the guitar away from Sawyer next week. He held his own with Koryn and Pharrell in their group sing and he wasn't holding a guitar. Maybe the following week, the bowler hat can go as well.
  • When you sound like karaoke in the Eastern/Central time zone Twitter save, you go home. Rob showed nothing on his save song and the only emotion he showed was when Xtina talked about his "personal side." Otis Redding is turning over in his grave over this rendition. See you on Finale night.

There! I am done! See you all next week.

Edited by Nedsdag
  • Love 3

I am glad that Blake's entire team was saved only because they waited to announce Hannah last.

I really want to see what we get when they mix Hannah's spunkiness with Cee Lo's insanity.  It could be epic!

Joshua is one of my favorites so I'm glad he was saved, but I would have loved for them to have the opportunity for Adam and Usher to do a skit where they just sit in an empty room, looking at each other uncomfortably with Usher finally checking his Rolly (I'm not nearly hip enough to even know how to spell that.  Help, Pharrell!).

Edited by Sile
  • Love 4

Watched the videos online. I think Joshua definitely had the best instant-save performance. Deanna was okay, not great.  Rob was really not good. He sounded off on parts and just lacked energy overall.

The Team Pharrell performance was like a high school talent show and not a very good one.  The Team Adam performance was decent.  Joshua and Deanna sounded good individually. Performance needed more energy though when the three of them were singing together.

• Love 1

Not really. Just be hot. That's all [Joshua] did.

I know hotness is in the eye of the beholder, but I really can't believe that Joshua is getting votes for being "hot". I mean, he's cute enough in a geeky counselor at music camp kind of way, but other than having nice eyes, he's pretty underwhelming in the looks department.

Not saying he's a troll or anything, but I don't see him pulling votes for his looks. I think he just has a certain amount of goodwill from earlier performances, and there are people that were more obvious choices to go.

• Love 10

Joshua got the Twitter save because he was the best of the worst tonight. Much like Ryan Sill of 6 months ago. And maybe partially because Adam's fans don't want him to set the record of earliest team wipe ever.

• Love 2

I agree that Otis must be twirling in his grave. If Rob made that song any more upbeat, he would have been dancing an Irish jig to it.

I think Josh made it through as a pity vote for Adam, and because he is the most musically skilled of the three.  But if he gets a poor song choice next week, that's it for him.

I couldn't belive that Corey made it through.  Man, those country voters are a bloc, aren't they?  And Pharrell's playing the Jesus card for Koryn cemented her selection.

I think that it's hilarious that Adam and Usher will be coaching Josh next week.  If there was anyone who was out of their wheelhouses....

I think Sawyer did okay moving around the stage without his guitar in the group sing.  I wasn't impressed by Deanna's solo bits; it seemed like she was given the bare minimum to do, and didn't know how to play up her walkabout with the mic.

• Love 1

Is next week a three person elimination?  

If Blake has two go through, PLEASE make it Meghan and Hannah. Corey is duller than dirt. Cute, but soooo vanilla.  I figured he'd make it through this week, but next week? Ugh.  

Yes, I am looking forward to Cee Lo coaching Hannah. If he was still coaching, I can see Hannah on his team, with funky costumes and elaborate productions (heavy on the 1970's decor).

I was wondering if Adam got wiped out tonight, would they have Usher help coach one of the two teams that Gwen was supposed to coach, instead? That might have been hilariously awkward for Adam.....awkward for him, hilarious for us. Opportunity lost, I guess.

• Love 2

I imagine a production meeting that went like this:

"Okay, so we have Usher, Gwen, Cee Lo, and Shakira coming back to mentor the four teams next week."

"Uh, no. Shakira isn't coming. Something about a family conflict."

"Damn. But it was such a good idea to have past judges coming to mentor! What are we going to do now?"

"Well, I was thinking . . . You know there's a good chance Adam won't have any team left after the next elimination."

"What's your point?"

"Just that we might only need three judges. And bringing in a fourth person who wouldn't fit the concept and would cost us a lot of money doesn't seem necessary under the circumstances. Why don't we just have one of the former judges mentor two teams?"

"Fine, as long as you're the one who tells Adam he has to share a mentor because we think he probably won't need one."

"Oh no, I'm not the one telling him that. You do it."

"Hey, it was your idea."

"Well, here's another idea. Adam gets assigned Usher, who he really likes. Blake gets Cee Lo because he's the only one who probably doesn't know anything about the whole sexual assault thing, so he won't be acting awkward around him. Christina and Pharrell share Gwen. Pharrell will be happy to work with his boo, and we can quietly let Christina know that the plan is to shift Usher to her team if/when Adam's team crashes and burns."

"OK, that'll work. But what happens if Adam doesn't lose his whole team?"

"So we pay Gwen a little extra. It's still cheaper and easier than trying to get a fourth mentor in on such short notice."

"Okay. That's the plan. Meeting over."

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 12

Interesting though, Joshua Davis has a Michelle Chamuel connection. They were part of the same Michigan musicians circle, and quite a few of Chamuel's close friends have talked up Joshua on The Voice (Tuna, Theo Katzman). So I wonder if this will be brought up. 

I always wonder why they pair up Adam and Usher so much though. They always sing together (We've never gotten a Blake/Usher or Shakira/Usher duet. Despite Blake and Usher being better friends than Adam and Usher)..and I always got the feeling that Adam was kind of like an annoying little brother to him. 

And yea, I wonder what they would have done if Adam was wiped out. No Usher advising? Move Usher to Xtina's team? 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 2

I think that it's hilarious that Adam and Usher will be coaching Josh next week.  If there was anyone who was out of their wheelhouses....

Mirrors. Mirrors everywhere. He could probably folk'd up an Usher song. Or whatever genre he does. Heck, just copy Phillip2.

• Love 1

*sigh*

Josh is boring (and not nearly attractive enough to make up for that).  I would have preferred either Rob or Deanna (or keep both and lose Josh/Corey).

They *really* need to randomize the order of the Twitter save. It's ridiculous that Adam's team always go last (especially since the last singer has won all but one of the saves)

Edited by smlait
  • Love 5

I was sad to see Rob go as he is my choice by far over Joshua and the chick who looks like Cher.

But that song... Sitting on the Dock in the Bay....OMG....I think they should just never allow anyone on any of these singing competitions to ever  sing that song again. I am so bloody sick of that song, and I never even liked it that much to begin with. Its too sappy and old- I don't know why any young singer would want to choose it - especially to save themselves!!!

Edited by ChristmasJones

Good pair of eliminations.  I feel sorry for Deanna - that was one of the most unflattering outfits I have ever seen.  Way worse than Heidi's "diaper" outfit on So You Think You Can Dance.

It really wasn't her night,  First she's put into an outfit that makes her look three ax handles wide.  Then  she has to participate in her group sing.  Finally she's voted off.  It was a humiliation trifecta. 

• Love 6

No, no, no. How could they waste Usher on Adam's sinking ship of a team? I would have 100% preferred him to be with Christina or Blake. Maybe Usher could show Corey a thing or two about performing. That being said, I hope Corey's the next boot so maybe this is a good thing.

The elimination happened exactly how I thought it would. I didn't think Rob would make it against Josh and I knew Deanna had absolutely no chance.

So, so happy that Koryn was called first but I need Pharrell to keep his mouth closed about her being an "inpsirational" singer because I can see that turning people off and I truly believe she deserves to stay longer. He's becoming Adam annoying.

• Love 1

I'm glad team Blake is still in tact. Well, Corey can go but Meghan and Hannah need to be here till the end.

I guess Joshua deserves to stay over Deanna and Rob. He is inoffensive. He is like Corey to me. I can take it or leave it. As long as he doesn't outlasts my favourites, I don't mind either way.

I also don't understand why they pair Usher up with Adam. I never got the sense that they like each other that much. I was hoping Gwen would advice Blake. But Blake probably got saddled with Cee Lo because he's the most easy going and don't mind anyone.

• Love 2

I imagine a production meeting that went like this:

Blake gets Cee Lo because he's the only one who probably doesn't know anything about the whole sexual assault thing, so he won't be acting awkward around him. 

Your whole imagined production meeting was perfect/hilarious, but that one line was so spot on. As soon as I learned Cee Lo was going to be on it, I was one, surprised, then two, super disgusted. I know he plead no contest, they dropped charges, all that. But his tweets in response to the charges were so gross - I really do not want to see him on the show.  I honestly didn't think NBC would bring him back, and I am super disappointed that they did. 

On another note, I am glad Nervous Deanna is gone.  And I wish Corey was gone and Rob was still here. But I can deal. 

• Love 7

That guest mentor thing was weird, as y'all have observed: why not split Gwen between the two coaches left with only two people (Adam Pharell), so there was zero chance of Usher being paired with a coach who just got eliminated?  We're left to think they either can't do math, or that they'd never let Adam's team get eliminated.  Then again, if he had they could have just given Usher to Christina, rather than split Gwen's duties.

Phew- I'm glad Hannah got through, and I'll take consolation that they don't necessarily announce the saved people in order of the vote totals, but to heighten the drama.  Had she gone home, I'd have gladly stopped watching this season as her performances are the only reason for me to still watch. 

I don't have any clue why people keep voting for Corey.  He's not special or unusually good, he's "cute" in that blandly inoffensive way, and people have seen his ilk for a decade and a half on these shows.  Add to that he was pretty lousy (what I heard) last night, and he should have been in the bottom three as much or more so than the three who were there.

While I'm not surprised Deanna went home- she never really rose to what I think her potential is, and Adam was doing her no favors with the constant "nervous" harping, which could only turn the audience off and make her more focused on that than just singing- I actually thought hers was the best of the three save performances.  She had a lovely voice, whereas Josh was just so boringly Josh, strumming a guitar no one could even hear while casually reciting the verses and then belting the chorus.  The whole time I thought he'd sung that song already on this show, but according to Wikipedia he hasn't; they just kind of blend together.  Plus, he doesn't have good command in that lower register, he really needs to learn about shifting pitches to find that sweet spot for his voice.  If three are going home next week, I'd be very surprised if he's not among them.

Lessons learned today:

• Never wear a lacy clingy jumpsuit when you are a big boned girl showing all your flaws. I'm talking to you, Deanna (Buh-bye by the way).

It really wasn't her night,  First she's put into an outfit that makes her look three ax handles wide.  Then  she has to participate in her group sing.  Finally she's voted off.  It was a humiliation trifecta. 

Huh, I don't get these comments.  I'm no fashionista, but that outfit didn't make her look fat to me at all, nor is she remotely "big-boned".  I can only speak for myself as a heterosexual male, but she's extremely physically attractive, and that outfit emphasized her feminine curvaceousness: full hips and long legs. 

She always has this weird resting expression on her face which makes me suspect she's not exactly the brightest bulb in the chandelier- but I for one thought she looked really sexy tonight in that macrame/mesh/onesie thing (like I said, not a fashionista).  Different strokes, I guess...

• Love 2

Deanna frozen smile makes her look more miserable every week and I thought tonight was her worst performance ever. Zero joy in being onstage for this (not that I blame her, really. Not every talented singer is a born performer). Adam's comments on her nerves surely weren't helping.  I was relieved she went home.

I liked Rob's talent, but not in the overwrought hands of Christina, so not too sad to see him leave either. I still think Cody could have gone to the end for Team Blake, but since someone other than Blake or Adam should win this season, I'm fine with Corey leaving soon. I hope Hannah and Meagan will go far, but not that far.

Adam must realize he will never, ever win with Joshua, who is lucky to be F8. Hopefully, next week Adam will have no one and can deal with that for a change, then come back next season as a less cocky "underdog". This season was refreshing to see him not monopolizing the 4 chair turns and having major favorites in the voting. Josh, his last man standing, is obviously going soon.

• Love 2

I called Meaghan a few weeks ago as the eventual winner of the whole "shootin' match", and I'm sticking by that, but she will need three strong songs, and performances, to pull it off. She has a great voice, and connects with her material by having some "life experience". I find her a bit stiff onstage, and last night was a perfect example of that, by comparing her stage presence to Reba's. She needs to keep doing material in what I'm calling "blusey country roots r&b soul".

I agree with sending Rob & Deanna home, and saving Josh.

I just do not get the "Sawyer luv"....I really liked his blind audition, but nothing he has done since has impressed me. Plus, he never seems to blink, he always looks like a "deer in the headlights". I'm thinking that the singer/songwriter is the niche' for him. Plus, the hat thing is getting old...why not ditch the hat, and wear the hair back in a ponytail for a change.

I don't dislike Corey, or like him. He just "is". Dime a dozen new country "bro" singer.

I want to like India....I really do....great technical chops, but not a lot of taste.

Kimberly Nicole...will need to step it up to win it.

Finally....I have to say that I think that a lot of Deanna's "nerves" probably are due to something very common to teenage girls...poor self body image. I'm trying not to sound creepy here (as a 56 year old male), but, I find her "body type" extremely attractive. She is tall, and has a large frame. If she weighed any less, she would look emaciated.That white bell-bottomed outfit would make anyone's hips look "wide". Just a guess, but I think that those who are "sniping" at her appearance, are most likely female. I think it's worth noting that one of the best female voices of the last 50 years, Barbara Streisand, had/has almost crippling stage fright issues. It's been revealed she vomits before nearly all her live performances, due to her "nerves". And yet, once she gets her first song finished, she is all right, and performs the rest of the concert like only "Babs" can. 

Deanna could, and likely would, have a very good career post-Voice, if she pursues a singing career. She has a unique voice, that would only improve with time, and some voice lessons, Plus, her youth, and her appearance don't hurt. And of course, the right material.

• Love 3

Deanna frozen smile makes her look more miserable every week and I thought tonight was her worst performance ever. Zero joy in being onstage for this (not that I blame her, really. Not every talented singer is a born performer). Adam's comments on her nerves surely weren't helping.  I was relieved she went home.

Yes, exactly.  I'm sad she's gone, because I liked her (not the same as thinking she was the best) but I wish she had enjoyed the experience more.  I don't disagree that it was her turn to go home.  It's just that her voice is so much better than her results.

And, style-wise, I thought she was gorgeous.  The prettiest female contestant in the top 12 and it isn't close.  She's thinner than all the remaining female contestants except Kimberly and India, and Kimberly looks like an alien cancer patient.  The outfit looked fine.  I think because she's so tall, whenever she wears anything striking, it makes her look big (because she is big, not the same as fat) and this is just a little outside of expectations.  I assume she spent all of junior high towering over everybody and is still a little bit getting used to herself.

Adam must realize he will never, ever win with Joshua, who is lucky to be F8. Hopefully, next week Adam will have no one and can deal with that for a change, then come back next season as a less cocky "underdog". This season was refreshing to see him not monopolizing the 4 chair turns and having major favorites in the voting. Josh, his last man standing, is obviously going soon.

Yeah, Josh isn't good enough to get past next week.  He actually has kind of the same problems as Deanna, his voice is good and better yet it doesn't sound just like everybody else, but his performances always seem to come up short.  So, just how much of an advantage is going last in the Twitter save?  If he gets the Twitter save next week (barring some sort of extraordinary performance) we'll know going last is basically an unsurmountable edge.  Which is, it's safe to say, quite bad for the competition.

The funny thing about this is that it isn't what I'd expect.  Because a lot of the people voting in the Twitter save, because of the stupid time zone thing, haven't seen the performances at all and are just naturally not going to be influenced by the order of them.  So why does it seem to be such a big deal?  It doesn't make sense.

I hate the 8-to-5 cutdown.  It's basically a foregone conclusion that the top four will be Meghan, Sawyer, Kimberly, and if it's Corey I will kill myself I mean probably India.  So the actual main show hardly means anything.  The only meaningful singing next week is the Twitter save.  It's going to be absolute crap for Koryn and Hannah to both be in the bottom of the top 8.  (Or Hannah and India, or whatever, the point is they are all too good to be eliminated at top 8).

The show really needs to fix this.  Take two weeks out of the battles and knockouts and add them to the elimination bracket so it can go 8-6, 6-4, 4-3.  Actually if it were up to me I'd take three weeks out of the preliminary rounds and have every week from top 6 on be a single elimination.  Even going 12-9, 9-7, 7-5 would be better than what we have now, where the fifth semifinalist basically gets drawn out of Sawyer's hat.

The thing about this season is that it's starting to seem like Meghan and the Seven Dwarves.  If I described the Top 8, other than Meghan, as Spazzy, Snoozy, Shouty, Warbly, Preachy, Hairy, and Rob Schneider, would anybody have trouble knowing which one was which?

Which is funny, because Meghan isn't really my favorite, I like India and Koryn better, but I can't point to anything about her and say, hey, that sucks, send her home.

• Love 2

I know hotness is in the eye of the beholder, but I really can't believe that Joshua is getting votes for being "hot". I mean, he's cute enough in a geeky counselor at music camp kind of way, but other than having nice eyes, he's pretty underwhelming in the looks department.

Not saying he's a troll or anything, but I don't see him pulling votes for his looks. I think he just has a certain amount of goodwill from earlier performances, and there are people that were more obvious choices to go.

I agree on the "HOT" thing - I'm not seeing it at all.  Yeah, he has nice eyes and an okay voice - but not seeing "HOT". 

I have only watched bits and pieces of this show this season so really don't have much to say except when I saw Deanna singing with the Group sing - I went, she has an okay voice but like she was tuned out and wasn't there - no personality.  Saw the same during her save song.

Speaking of Team Adam group song - WOW on Adam's voice and that is not a wow in a good way.  I wasn't paying attention when they started and when I heard him I went "OMG who is that"??  Thinking it was the guy from his team and wondered how he got there - but no it was Adam.  Good thing he wasn't getting voted on or he would be out of there.

oh, also wanted to add; that Christina was really going for the sympathy vote with Rob wasn't she.  And, it seemed that Adam didn't have one good thing to say about Deanna except he knew how nervous she was ??

Edited by tobysmom
  • Love 4
The show really needs to fix this.  Take two weeks out of the battles and knockouts and add them to the elimination bracket so it can go 8-6, 6-4, 4-3.  Actually if it were up to me I'd take three weeks out of the preliminary rounds and have every week from top 6 on be a single elimination.

There must be some middle ground.  The shows before the live shows are my favorite part.  At this stage, it feels like any generic contest.  I always stick it out, but that's because I'm a completion-ist, (I swear I have heard that word used before), and not because I am entranced with the show.  Maybe they should cut more in the early rounds, 12-9-6-4-3.

That white bell-bottomed outfit would make anyone's hips look "wide". Just a guess, but I think that those who are "sniping" at her appearance, are most likely female.

Definitely female here, and I am perfectly happy for people to think Deanna is attractive (and come to her defense).  I think all of the women left are more attractive than Deanna, but to each their own.  Still, it seems we are in agreement that the outfit she wore would make anyone look wide, and I don't think she needed that.. 

My criticism was directed at the costumers, I'll stand by my opinion that it was a terrible choice on their part.  Think of my comment this way: I think Deanna could have looked far more stunning. 

The way I read the other comments, they also were criticisms of the clothing, not the girl.  Just wanted to clarify: I don't consider myself a mean spirited sniper and try pretty hard not to go that route.

• Love 8
Huh, I don't get these comments.  I'm no fashionista, but that outfit didn't make her look fat to me at all, nor is she remotely "big-boned".  I can only speak for myself as a heterosexual male, but she's extremely physically attractive, and that outfit emphasized her feminine curvaceousness: full hips and long legs. 

She always has this weird resting expression on her face which makes me suspect she's not exactly the brightest bulb in the chandelier- but I for one thought she looked really sexy tonight in that macrame/mesh/onesie thing (like I said, not a fashionista).  Different strokes, I guess...

I don't think she's fat or big-boned at all.  Stylistically, they've had her in some crap outfits and I think that white lace onesie made her look wider in the hips and more bootyful than she really is.  But there's been a cultural shift from where being more curvy is considered desirable.  And with her hair down and some of it over each shoulder, that makes her look blockier than she really is.  She's very attractive and, with her height, stunning.

I didn't care for the green short outfit she was in Monday night but she wore the hell out of those boots.

Vocally, she's not my cuppa right now.  I think she could benefit from a good voice coach to help her refine her skills.

• Love 4

If we're talking fashion, all the females seem to be in really high-waisted pants this season....is this the trend right now?  I try to dress flatteringly but don't really follow fashion; I thought the high waist went out a looong time ago. 

I'm Deanna's height and size and all this criticism is a bit disheartening.

Anyway, last night went pretty much as expected. I wish Corey had wound up in the bottom, but I realize that he'll be around for awhile so I'd better get used to it.

• Love 1

Deanna was pretty much guaranteed a ticket home after that awful performance on Monday. She seems to have breath control issues when singing, and that coupled with looking like she is NOT having fun on stage at all means she wasn’t going much further anyway. I would have liked to have seen Corey in the bottom three with Deanna and either Rob or Joshua, both of which I think have no shot of winning this. However, other than the absence of Corey, I am OK with who went home.

I don’t know if it was just on my television, but there were either audio issues during Pharell’s group sing or either Sawyer or Koryn botched part of that song. I will have to rewatch online and see if it was just on my end. It sounded like maybe Sawyer was supposed to come in but didn’t and Koryn ended up covering the line for him.

I like Sawyer well enough but his stage presence sucks, IMO. I hope P challenges him a little more this week, maybe drop the guitar (and the hat!) and do something a little more upbeat.

I am so excited for Hannah to be coached by Cee Lo. She is right up his alley in terms of quirk-factor and I am sure she will be game for any of his staging ideas.

I'm Deanna's height and size and all this criticism is a bit disheartening.

So am I and I take none of the comments personally. The stylists on The Voice are consistently terrible from season to season. It does not shock me at all that they put a gorgeous girl in an unflattering white lace bell bottomed jumpsuit. No matter how smoking hot you are, clothes exists that will be unflattering on your body. If unflattering clothes are within a 20 mile radius of a contestant, The Voice stylists will find them. Do you remember what those stylists did to poor DaNica Shirey? They can make good looking people look downright matronly.

• Love 13

I thought the fix was in by saying Usher would hook up with Adam's team at the start of the show. It  meant that Adam had to have at least one team member left, otherwise...what would Usher have to do? They could have not paired the guest coaches up and left the pairing for next week. That way, if Adam lost his whole team, Usher could have been paired with Xtina, which would have been so much more fun. There was no way Rob could have stayed, the way it was set up.

I didn't watch the full episode so I missed the announcement of guest mentors.  But my guess is the show expected Joshua to get the instant save.  Up until this week, Joshua had been charting pretty well so votewise, he may have been well ahead of Deanna and Rob. And then with an instant-save song in his wheelhouse, probably a no-brainer that Joshua would get the save?

• Love 1

At leasts the stylist aren't as bad this year as some previous years. I presume they're not forced to use clothing from Kohls anymore? One of the biggest money making shows on television, and the singers would show up onstage in dresses that teenage girls would have deemed too unstylish to wear to their proms. (With all due respect to people who shop there-the show could afford to spring for special things for the stage, but cared more about the endorsement deal).

Edited by Cramps
  • Love 1

It was a really good night for me. My bottom 3 from last night was the actual bottom 3 and the 2 that I wanted to go left. Awesome. That's why you don't 'take risks' with A Song For You, Rob. Deanna is pretty to look at. Too bad she does not have the voice to match. Joshua better step it up or he will go home next week.

• Love 1

So am I and I take none of the comments personally. The stylists on The Voice are consistently terrible from season to season. It does not shock me at all that they put a gorgeous girl in an unflattering white lace bell bottomed jumpsuit. No matter how smoking hot you are, clothes exists that will be unflattering on your body. If unflattering clothes are within a 20 mile radius of a contestant, The Voice stylists will find them. Do you remember what those stylists did to poor DaNica Shirey? They can make good looking people look downright matronly.

Yeah, poor DaNica.

• Love 1

I didn't ever think she was fat but "Big Boned" is exactly the phrase I thought of when I saw her standing between Adam (he was leetle, yes he was) and Joshua in the group sing.  She's not only tall but has a bigger build and why that may be  viewed as a possible insult I don't know.  I've always thought she was beautiful and looks like a model.  She is, IMHO,  more attractive than some models who are  her height but are  emaciated and frail looking.  The jumpsuit was not flattering though.  

I like Joshua a lot and am glad he was saved...I could be swayed by the pretty eyes but when he does connect-which isn't always- I am captivated. The Paul Simon song was my favorite and I hope he can find his footing again. 

I think it will come down to Sawyer, Kimberly and Meghan (or that could be wishful thinking as they are my favorites).  I like India but she bores me a little.  Technically great but rarely gives me the "woo hoo!" that I get when the others sing...even adorkable Hannah and Koryn have me turning to MrsRoo with a pleasantly surprised "woo that was really good"  

Other than the little country boy I would be happy to see any one of the remaining ones win which is a change from previous seasons where I had a clear favorite (or just didn't want Adam to win)  Just please no little country boy...perfectly nice I'm sure  and I like him just fine on some songs but not on the same level as the others (well,  according to my VAST knowledge and experience in producing music LOL) 

• Love 4

Deanna should sing Country more often -- it seems to suit her better.  By the way, I think the word to describe her is:  Amazonian.  She is taller and proportionately bigger than the people standing next to her.  If she's not enjoying the spotlight, perhaps she should be a back-up singer if she still wants to sing.

I thought it was really humorous that Joshua sang "Won't Back Down" in front of Pharrell!

• Love 2