Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

I think that is the main consensus.  We all thought she was terrific on "Raymond", then her flat-world comments tried to make our heads explode, and now she's just out of control.  And there is nothing worse than Sherri being near a cooking segment. <gag>

(edited)

Sherri was so over the top and so out of line... Seemed Mario and Clinton kept talking because they didn't know what else to do!

I can't get past the fact that it was taped and someone decided to air it!

There was no reason for it to be shown (could've easily replaced it with a repeat)

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/news/food-health/140327-the-view-the-chew-cookoff-recipes

Interesting to find this- Apparently Sherri thought it (and her behavior) was fine:

Anyone watching @TheViewtv ? Watch my cooking segment w @Clinton_Kelly & me-its funny, but what else would it be! I love to laugh

I've sent ABC my thoughts.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

Sal will file for divorce in three months, when he has been a resident of CA for a full six months.  It is reported on several sites (TMZ, People, etc.) that he will file for custody of their unborn child by a surrogate.  I feel for Sherri's son.

Just read the news from Us Weekly and, while I feel bad that her marriage is over, I'm kind of looking forward to Monday to see how the show handles it. I mean, they have to address it, right? I'll be tuning in. This'll probably be a great week for the show ratings wise, with it being Barbara's last and this news breaking.

I do have to wonder what his justification is for requesting both physical and legal custody of their unborn child. I'm not sure what the law is in New York, but typically joint custody is presumed to be in the best interest of the child absent evidence that a parent is unfit. 

TMZ is saying that Lamar filed for divorce in California. I guess that makes sense. I thought they were NY residents since the show is taped in NYC, but I guess Sherri splits her time between the coasts. Does anyone know what the law is in CA?

Their home is in New Jersey- I don't believe she has a residence in CA...

Sal was on a plane with Sheri and Jeffrey headed to LA in April -and it seems he stayed there.

This was the plane trip where Sherri argued to have Jeffrey use the first class bathroom-

This news break may explain the way she handled the situation (as I'm sure it was an emotional time)

(When she told the story on the show- she changed story to say they were flying to Atlanta).

And there are a lot of unknowns re the divorce and surrogate pregnancy:

Is Sherri the maternal parent?

What does sally mean by "fraud"

Why is he filling in Cal. when the entire marriage was in Jersey?

What are Sherri's options given that I don't think she was smart enough to get a prenup.

It looks to me like the guy is a gold digger - except he can't get pregnant - and she fell for it - went for the surrogate to keep "her huzzbin"!.

Women do it all the time - gloom onto a wealthy guy, get pregnant, get married (or not) and get on the gravy train - see Donald Trump's last two wives.

I just feel a bit sorry for her - and believe me I think she will lose a contest with a box of rocks - but she is so needy and desperate and has to provide for a special needs kid - god, she is a neon sign target for a con man, and, sadly she got him.

• Love 3

I used to be a Sherri fan, then she became intolerable and annoying, imo; But.... she doesn't deserve this heartbreaking, cruel bullshit from that ASS.

Dang, Sherri, yo huzzbin be harsh, gurl.

It's no secret that Sal turned out to be a gold-digging ahole. I think everyone could see it but Sherri. It's hard for me to feel pity for her since loves to publicly display every aspect of herself, but does she deserve to be so humiliated? If Sal is this visceral before the divorce (assuming there is one) I can only imagine the upcoming drama.

I may have to watch just to see if Sherri shows up on the show tomorrow.

• Love 2

She might not deserve it, but - and I know I'm being harsh here - she certainly did bring it all on herself.

My sympathies lie with her son and with the poor unborn child who didn't need to be brought into this hellacious mess.

• Love 4

Sal tweeted in reference to a video that's making the rounds: Sal ‏@SalfromtheD  · 3h 
I understand Jay Z.  Sometimes you have to take a few for the team.  #realmendon'thitwomen

First of all why the heck is he even commenting on twitter? And the funniest part, to me, is he didn't actually  tweet Jay Z. He simply posted this little  gem. Like I've said before,  I have no clue what their story is, but I just can't take Sal, at all.

• Love 2
(edited)

Is Sal trying to insinuate that he has wanted to hit Sherri?

Some interesting info about their prenup from TMZ:

As for the prenup -- which Sally wants invalidated on grounds of fraud -- Shepherd wants it enforced.  The prenup provides -- if the marriage lasts between 2 and 5 years -- Sally gets $60K and that's it in the money dept.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/12/sherri-shepherd-lamar-sally-divorce-separation-custody-surrogate/#ixzz31ZFzkZhl

Now, maybe I'm just naive, but why does anyone entering into a marriage feel that they should be obligated to be paid off if/when it ends? If you're in love with someone, ,shouldn't you want to marry them and hope it's forever? And if it doesn't work out, you're single and on your own again.Sheesh.

Edited by DangerousMinds
(edited)

I understand having a pre-nup. The wording of some of them gets me though. Stay married for x amount of time you get x dollars.  That's just weird. I can see protecting assets obtained prior to marriage, but a pay-off of  sorts is funky, to me.

And who is "leaking" this information?

Sal's lawyer was on ET tonight. He said Sal has set up a home  for a baby and hopes there will be an agreement between them that will mean Sal gets the baby. There was no mention of money. Sal filed for separation in California, and Sherri filed for divorce in New Jersey.

Edited by ginger90

Sal should PAY Sherri!  He has had more publicity in the past couple of weeks than he ever had in his life.  Free PR!!

As for the "fraud," maybe Sherri didn't measure up to the "gotta have it all the time" oversexed persona she displays on television and in her "comedy" act.

• Love 2

The guy came into the marriage penniless obviously. The fact that SHE has to pay HIM says it all.

Although the baby may not biologically be Sherri's, you can best be sure that a man who goes for the grab in a pre-nup sure didn't have the cash to pay for a donor egg, fertilization in vitro, surrogate implantation, and then surrogate "9 month rental fee" to boot. If the usual 30K to 40K was laid out to accomplish this, we know who paid for it.

If little Lamar, Jr. is not Sherri's biological child, surely there must be a way she can wash her hands of the deal and not be reminded of the Sal Fiasco (via child support) for the next 18-21 years.  Pay now rather than pay forever.

• Love 1

I'm no fan of Sherri's, but what an effing a-hole Sal is! I feel so sorry for that baby! The two of them are completely selfish to have gone the surrogate route. There's no way their relationship was all fine and dandy back in early November when he tweeted about the big day. I don't think this marriage was ever on solid ground and they never should have even entertained the idea of bringing another child into this mess.

• Love 4
(edited)

I never thought I'd be saying the 'feel sorry for Sherri' phrase (but I do). Yes she makes lots of cash on a easy-as-pie network show.

But this nonsense has to be bad for all concerned (except Sal).  I hope this works out for SS no matter how many stupid decisions she has made.

Edited by Brownstone.Muir
  • Love 2
(edited)

Apparently, so says TMZ, their pre-nup gives Sherri custody of the unborn baby-- I guess they pre-planned for the surrogate-carried baby. I'm curious if the baby will be named after Sal after all. If I were Sherry, there's no way I'd be naming him after that money-grubbing douchebag.

Edited by marny
  • Love 1

How does a couple go from 'hiring a surrogate to carry a baby for them 'to filing for divorce before the baby is even born ?

NO kidding!!!!  Seems like your marriage needs to be on more solid ground before you consider a surrogate.  Surrogacy is more complicated than the "old fashioned"  way of having a child, because there's a THIRD parent who sometimes gets attached and sometimes even has rights.

we know these two clowns have been pushing for a reality show forever. I would not be shocked to find out the whole thing is made up for drama, or to keep sherri's position at the view (who wants to fire a woman in distress?).  But despite my cynisim of anything these two jokers do, my instinct tells me it's real (or as real as either of them can be.

According to TMZ Jeffrey Tarpley filed last month for full custody of Jeffrey - will be heard in July. He says she is rarely home, hires unskilled nannies, and Jeffrey has hygiene issues in addition to his other problems.

It just doesn't stop coming at Sherri.

OTOH I think there are grains of truth in Jeff's allegations and Jeffrey needs a more stable home with more of a routine with a parent being there for the most part giving him the tools (and reinforcing them) he needs.

(edited)

This latest suit doesn't sound uncoordinated to me:  could the two goons be working together?

Maybe as a nice gesture Babs could pick up SS's legal fees for 2014?

Edited by Brownstone.Muir
  • Love 1

Sal has modified his Twitter Account- Describing himself as

Very funny sitcom writer and guardian of the galaxy.

Sure wish someone would help Sherri with her out of date Social Media- old picture from The View (Bitsy and Joy still shown), Stand up dates in MA long past (and cancelled) and of course she can rid her accounts of Sal as well!

• Love 1

It does seem as if Sherri is not home a lot, but she does have a cushy job at the View with her days ending at noon (?) and Fridays off, so that's more than many mothers. If she cut down on her weekend travel, I think she'd have plenty of time with Jeffrey. And if she's truly hiring "unskilled" nannies, she certainly has the money to hire up. Does Jeff Tarpley work?

• Love 1

Sal's tweet

"I have to get focused.  My skills have been dormant for too long."

What has stopped him from getting focused before?

Why didn't he keep his "skills" current?

Does Jeff Tarpley work?

Sherri pays him alimony.

Sal tried to add some real BS to the prenup, but Sherri had enough sense to nix it.

http://dlisted.com/2014/05/17/sherri-shepherds-ex-tried-to-make-her-promise-not-to-get-fat-and-always-want-to-have-sex/

“I respect my husband’s opinions and recognize him as the leader of our home. I will always speak well of my husband.”

“I enjoy having sex with my husband. I crave intimacy with him and want to be uninhibited and free in our lovemaking.”

“MY BODY IS IMPORTANT TO ME. I STRIVE TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY BODY WEIGHT AND EXERCISE AT LEAST THREE TIMES A WEEK.” (his emphasis)

“It is my joy to submit to my husband as a way to honor God.”

Pardon me while I chase my eyes.  They just rolled out of my head.

• Love 2
(edited)

Obviously, Sherri was trying to "please" him for quite a while, but I think she gave up (as most women would) because his demands were totally irrational & unrealistic.  What a waste of skin he is & I'm glad Sherri finally, like it or not, is free of this douche.  (He & Dean should start a club for douche-bag husbands!!)

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 4
(edited)

Good grief - I had typed a long and judgemental post about that article and then did something to wipe it away.

Seems to me - these are things Sherri has believed since she joined the show and before she even met Sal, imo. It may, or not, be true. And I definitely think she is well rid of Sal.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 1

Sal responded about the TMZ story via twitter

In réponse 2 the recent @TMZ article: Not true, I did not want her 2 sign an amendment to our pre-nup. We had a lot of love in our marriage. I still love her. To no one's fault, at some point, we started to view marriage differently. I refuse to let her friend's, advisors, hanger-on's and the media sullen those memories. As we move through the process of divorce I hope all those involved remember there are two children in the midst of this who will one day have access to the internet. I would never want my children's mother to be seen in a bad light. My spirit would not allow that. I will continue to remain silent and pray for a peaceful resolution to our marriage.

Sherri's tweets and instagrams have a different tone today. She is at Jeffrey's track meet but no whining like last time. She is pointing out how she knows where he is and what he is doing. Even though it is cold, there is no where she would rather be. Maybe this whole thing is a reality show played out on twitter? More likely just someone with a really messy life though.

• Love 1
(edited)

I didn't think Sherri was paying Jeff Sr. alimony anymore.  At least I hope not.

I do wonder where Jeff is getting his info, like about Jeffrey's hygiene.  Wonder if Sal is one of those unskilled caregivers?

Anyway, I wonder what Sherri will end up saying on the show, but maybe this time around she'll take Whoopi's advice on keeping some things private.

Edited by CattyTiger

In réponse 2 the recent @TMZ article:

and why does "response" have an accent above the e?

Is Sal now trying to write in French? Also he says "I will continue to remain silent and pray for a peaceful resolution to our marriage."

Since when WAS he silent? Seemed quite vocal taking about his "divorce diet" and having his lawyer on TV!

Now he posted this. Guess that must be one of his fav twitter pages!

"Retweeted by Sal 

Sex Talk™ @SexTaIk     ·   1h   

It hurts when you miss someone that doesn't miss you."

I hope Sherri takes the high road and doesn't say anything on The View.

I do wonder where Jeff is getting his info, like about Jeffrey's hygiene.  Wonder if Sal is one of those unskilled caregivers?

Jeff Tarply has partial custody of Jeffrey, he has him at least once a month, of course he is going to notice his son's poor hygiene & lack of ability to do things he should be able to himself. Sherri is always going on about "having' to dress him, washing his sheets etc.

• Love 2

On one of the entertainment news sites, it was disclosed that the year he met Sherri he made a whopping 30K and the next year he made 9K, mostly from unemployment.

Sherri needs to quit all that extra biz and do The View and be with her son.The money she makes yearly from that show is more than most of us with families will see in a lifetime.

Someone asked how Jeffrey's father could question hygiene problems that his son might have? It appears that he is involved in his son's life and would observe bad hygiene habits as well as delays in development despite being in a special needs school.

As far as this new baby goes, if I were in her shoes, I'd write off the tens of thousands of dollars I spent on my own to fertilize a stranger's egg with his raggedy sperm. I'd never sign final adoption papers. I would walk away. I know that sounds harsh, but if Mr. Unemployment has 'set up a home' (in his mom's basement?) and is ready for the baby, then by all means, I'd be hands off the infant. No way in hell would I want to be connected in any way to this guy. It would be hard but I'd get over it.

• Love 6
(edited)

Sherri is always going on about "having' to dress him, washing his sheets etc.

Sounds like my son ( who's 26) lol  

He was home in January and I was still trying!!! Hopefully his girlfriend will be incentive- she can take over!

Edited by springtime

Since Jeffrey is in school, I was figuring Jeff, Sr. wouldn't be seeing him much during the school year.  Granted you can observe some things on a weekend, but I don't know about his really knowing what's going on.

(edited)

Sherri makes frequent trips to LA- combining work with bringing Jeffrey for visitation.

How cold was it in NJ today? At 1PM she was wrapped in a blanket? 

http://instagram.com/p/oJNb-NILtK/

Next time she'd better move from the bleachers and find the sun's warmth

( a woman walking behind her is in short sleeves)

ETA- today's  track meet was apparently by the water (in NYC)- so there may have been a breeze

Sherri needs to get a polyester fleece jacket or sweatsuit!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2

Of course there's no way to know what's true.................I read that in response to Tarpley's  request for custody of Jeffrey, Sherri referred to him as an absentee father. I find that insulting. He had custody of Jeffrey when Sherri moved to New York. When she started on View Jeffrey was still living with his  father in California. Did that make HER an absentee mother?

I don't think all of this is Sal, but he's the one putting things out there. Sherri has not (to my knowledge) spoken of the surrogate, Sal tweeted about it. Sherri hasn't spoken about the divorce, Sal tweeted about it. It makes him look nasty. But who knows what Sherri's part is.

• Love 3

It is going to be almost impossible to ever sort out this Jeff T., Sherri, Sal, Sherri, Jeffrey mess. If Sherri has no biological relation to this baby, she needs to walk away but somehow I don't think she will.

Wonder what Jeffrey's relationship is with Sal. So when he goes to CA is going to be bounced back and forth between is dad and Sal? Gosh, can it get an more complicated for the little guy?

(edited)

But who knows what Sherri's part is.

The initial story was that Sherri threw Sal out for cheating (oops-this article doesn't mention the cheating)

http://pagesix.com/2014/05/07/sherri-shepherd-to-call-it-quits-with-husband/.

This catapulted an angry Sal into filing for separation which prompted Sherri to file for the divorce.

So glad they took the time to find a surrogate that doesn't have any drama! She sure has it now!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2