Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

(edited)

She took Jeffrey to see the same movie for the 5th time?

Yup!

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   May 16   

Date night w Jeffrey.  He wants to see Godzilla... but I know it's going to give him nightmares... guess it's Rio2 for the fifth time!

And so that we know where Jeffrey is and that she thinks of him first, this little tweet comes up: 

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   8m   

Track meet all day. Got Jeffrey’s bright orange shirt so I can keep track of him, his food & water … Crap… Where’s my blanket! And MY food!

Perhaps the nanny only packs for Jeffrey LOL!

Helicopter mom?

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   47s   

They just called 9 yr old boys 100… I go to walk w Jeffrey and he turns around and says “Mommy I got this!” #mybabysgrowingup #trackmom

Edited by ginger90
(edited)

Remember the advice we used to give Katie Holmes when she was with Tom?  "Run Katie Run"?

It seems to fit Jeffrey's situation in more ways than the meet today

RUN JEFFREY RUN!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1
(edited)

Photo shoot:

So that we know all is well and she's NOT a snob:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   2h   

@jamiegraceh @dtrott400m love the camaraderie of track meets. Jeffrey has made many friends - mommy too! Congrats to @Dtrott400m

Jeffrey knows:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   2h   

Told Jeffrey lift his legs higher -“mommy when we are at track meets you are not the boss of me. Coach Anise & Coach Richard are the bosses”

Edited by ginger90
(edited)

So we've gone from nobody talking to her to now mommy has made friends.  And, of course, as a harried mom, she forgets her blanket and own food...but as a good mommy has Jeffrey's.  "It's so funny..."  No, it's not.

Edited by CattyTiger
  • Love 5

I am still nauseous over that photo shoot thing! she has like 4 expressions -over-the top fake smile (some have called it "shit eating grin"), furrowed brow for "confusion" (well, that is probably a common state), frozen expressionless face if anything gay is mentioned .... someone help me out with the fourth, please.

• Love 2

over-the top fake smile (some have called it "shit eating grin")

That facial expression is so not attractive with the bridge of her nose all scrunched up and wrinkled.  It just makes me wonder why she cannot see that.

• Love 1

As much as I despised Elisabeth Sherri is coming close to hitting that level with me.  Why does she insist upon living her life on Twitter?  I'm enough of cynic to believe she is putting all this Jeffrey stuff on there as some sort of agenda to show the courts what an involved mother she is. 

And let me say this, Sherri is one of those people who isn't quite what she thinks she is. She isn't as funny as she thinks she is. She isn't as sexy and desirable as she thinks she is.  She isn't as smart as she thinks she is.  She is a marginally talented comedienne who got lucky with The View and has hustled her way into all these side ventures. Once the View (or Sherri's tenure on it) finally comes to an end I have to wonder where she will end up.  Will she get roles like she once did movies or will she be relegated to guest spots here and there on TV shows?  I don't ever see her getting that cherished reality show she wants so much.  Oh, I just thought of something. Sherri could be a Bachelorette.  I better not say that, it might come true.

• Love 4
(edited)

Today. 5:15 pm

As much as I despised Elisabeth Sherri is coming close to hitting that level with me.  Why does she insist upon living her life on Twitter?

Because she gets more followers. She has almost 700,000. WHO are these people?

Edited by Vinyasa
(edited)

I don't think all of Sherri's "fans" follow her because they luuuv her.  I think some people are fascinated with her for an abundance of reasons, starting with total ignorance, lack of self-awareness, huge ego, etc.  I'm sure you guys can fill in more blanks!!

Edited to add:  "Observing" Sherri is like watching two wasps fight to the death!  You don't care about who wins or loses, just that there will be one dead wasp & one so injured it will die.  That's how I feel about Sherri.  I just want her & her big, stupid mouth to GO AWAY!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 4

I don't think all of Sherri's "fans" follow her because they luuuv her. I think some people are fascinated with her for an abundance of reasons, starting with total ignorance, lack of self-awareness, huge ego, etc. I'm sure you guys can fill in more blanks!!

I don't know if fascinated is the right word. I can only speak for myself but I'm absolutely mystified by Sherri's appeal. While I'm sure there are people who pay attention to her because of the "train wreck effect" she does seem to have actual fans. At least with Elisabeth, I could understand her fan base. They are all right wing Republican Fox News junkies. But with Sherri I just don't get it. Although I have noticed a lot of people who respond to her tweets talk like she does. I'm going to assume Sherri's fan base isn't made up of highly educated professionals.

• Love 3

I looked up the word platitude on Wiki - fits Sherri to a tee, actually Sal as well. In a nutshell the word when used means "a  trite, meaningless, or prosaic statement, generally directed at quelling social, emotional or cognitive unease......a term of thought terminating cliché."

I made several rants last night but deleted them and it was this I was trying to convey,with way too many examples.

• Love 3
(edited)

Latest tweet from Sherri,

Sherri ShepherdVerified account ‏@SherriEShepherd

Any real estate agents on twitter? Say hi to me

if I were (God forbid after 36 years!!) selling my house I would go to a reputable real estate agent not ask my 780,000 closest friends their advice!!

Edited by polarvortexyes
  • Love 2

Thanks ginger90- I'm gun shy about posting too much info ( in recovery from TWoP)

Wonder of the sale has meaning beyond the divorce (will she still be on the show in the Fall?) One can hope

I'm gun shy about posting too much info

I understand, figured I'd give it a shot.

Why would she go on twitter looking for an agent? List and THEN look ? I wonder how far she's planning to move that she's not dealing with the same place she has it listed with? Aren't they nationwide though? Sherri is a trip without the drugs. She sure is saying a lot on twitter without really coming right out and  saying it though.

I saw the real estate agent twitter post as well. I don't think she is really asking for a realtor; I think she was telling "someone" that she is selling the house.

• Love 1

I occasionally like Sherri on other shows, but like any actor or singer, they naturally become less likable the more you see of them as themselves. I don't think Jenny or Whoopi are great by any means, but Sherri is the last co-host left who irritates with Elizabeth and Barbara gone.

I hate hearing Sherri's comments on race like today's Justin Bieber N word scandal, just because you know she wouldn't care if someone said the F word towards or about a gay person even if you paid her. That's the thing that annoys me about Sherri--she is never consistent with her opinions. What she thinks only pertains to how it relates to her personal life and she doesn't have any concern for how people who aren't like her would feel in any given situation.

• Love 2

I hate hearing Sherri's comments on race like today's Justin Bieber N word scandal, just because you know she wouldn't care if someone said the F word towards or about a gay person even if you paid her. That's the thing that annoys me about Sherri--she is never consistent with her opinions. What she thinks only pertains to how it relates to her personal life and she doesn't have any concern for how people who aren't like her would feel in any given situation.

"It's so funny" because you hit the nail on the head. 

Damn! This person stalking Sherri on Twitter is so not good at hiding who they are, IMO at least. Any kind of obsession like that is extremely unhealthy. I hope they get help. Still want her off the show though. Don't watch much though anymore. I liked it when they discussed and debated serious stuff. Only thing they seem to debate anymore is race.

Damn! This person stalking Sherri on Twitter is so not good at hiding who they are, IMO at least. Any kind of obsession like that is extremely unhealthy. I hope they get help. Still want her off the show though. Don't watch much though anymore. I liked it when they discussed and debated serious stuff. Only thing they seem to debate anymore is race.

I didn't catch the show today. Did she mention that someone was stalking her on twitter? That sucks. I hope that she backs off for a while til the stalker gets tired of it.

She has brought up a few times in the past her haters on Twitter, so I had a look at her @'s. Creepy behavior from one person in particular. That kind of thing just gives me the willies. I can't stand Sherri, but, some people take things too far. This goes for all celebrities. Just always found it odd. I'm not talking about the snarking we do here, I'm talking about daily personal attacking. It's disturbing. I do wish she would quit saying how poor Jeffrey always comes in last at his track meets. :(

I know who you mean Boots. It is a familiar handle if we mean the same person. When I saw the daily tweets it made me uncomfortable. I might snark about Sherri but I don't spend that much thought on her.

One of her tweets I found amusing:

"Love sitting outside in front of a fire. - wonder of I can toast some low-fat marshmallows!"

Why, yes. Yes you can, Sherri. Marshmallows have no fat.

(edited)

Why would Sherri list her house when the new baby arrives next month? She makes strange decisions!

Marshmallows might not have fat but they do have sugar.  With Sherri being a diabetic not the best choice of a snack.

The point seemed to be "fat" for Sherri, showing us yet again that the gal who "wrote" the book on diabetes & beating it does not understand what her restrictions should be...

Edited by dumbdownus
  • Love 2
(edited)

Why would Sherri list her house when the new baby arrives next month? She makes strange decisions!

Her current home could fit the Duggars comfortably (4676 sqft) she does not need a home that large (she is never home)

We don't know about the surrogate baby status- Sherri might not have parental rights.

BTW- With Sal fighting for full custody of the baby why is he complaining that Sherri might not be

available for the birth?.

Edited by springtime

Apparently she truly doesn't understand diabetes and the need to avoid sugar/carbs. Surely that must be covered in her book! Also,  does she really want us to believe that she searched for a real estate agent on Twitter, publicly? And that her business with that agent took place on public Twitter? That makes no sense.

• Love 1

Sherri has her house up for sale? Poor Jeffrey another change to handle.

I wonder if Sal's poker table comes with it? LOL!

I wonder if her dogs come with the house...........

In the segment introducing the real estate expert, very quickly at the beginning she said, "I just listed my house" - you could barely hear it, so I re-wound - and then said something about making the outside of the property ready to show to buyers.

Now that she's stated it on TV, you can expect her to open up more about it. But the show is becoming increasingly hard to watch, so I tune in for their intelligent conversations of the most pressing issues facing our global community and tune out before they have the most recent cast-off from Dancing with the Stars.

• Love 1

I'm sure she's done it before, but in the past 2 days  Sherri has deleted tweets of others on her Twitter. The thing is some weren't rude, just opinion. Sherri's take on haters I guess.

I guess when Sherri bought that house, she figured Sal would have an income to help pay for it.  Waaaaay too much house for a woman who works a lot and an apparent lazy-ass slacker. 

I did a total remodel of part of my house in the late '90's and see that that house still has all the trending stuff from then.  I remember we wondered about how she didn't do any remodeling.  Guess that worked out for her.

Oh for sure, gatopretoNYC, definitely needs more leather couches.  That cracked me up!

PS:  It is so weird to be able to talk about Sherri's house here.  Lord knows we got in trouble before - lol.

• Love 3

I'm guessing she and Sal bought the house together, as their Forever After Love Nest, and now that Sal has Sally forthed into the LA sunset, the house is a reminder of the Shit that Went Down.

• Love 1