Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: The B Is Back

• Start Topic

(edited)

Not a Bethany fan but I do think she adds something to the cast.

Season preview looked fantastic. Who's the new chick? Friend of Ramona's?

Carole's looking rough. Her hair is begging her to eat some food. Luann, gorgeous as usual.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 3
(edited)

I can't decide if Bethenny looks more like Jack Nicholson as the Joker in the Batman movie or like Teacher Susie in Sid the Science Kid.

Although I am so envious of her body in that orange bikini photograph.

How much does it cost to stay in that Presidential Suite per night? So beautiful.

Sonja: "I used to be classy. Now I'm trashy." Used to be... How long ago was that?

Heh, heh. LuAnn: "He's Sonja young." Carole: "What did you just say?"

Are Sonja and Ramona really going to get competitive about whose divorce was more difficult?

It really seemed as if they accidentally spliced in a scene between Carmela Soprano and Bobby Bacala.

I always have to remind myself that when Kristin says, "Kingsley" she's not talking about Kim Richards' dog. And is her nickname for Josh "Jiggy"?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 5

Looks to me that Sonja is going to make Ramona's divorce all about her.  Let Ramona grieve without hearing your tale a woe that we have all heard a thousand times.  Really excited to see all these people again.  I guess Sonja will be playing the part of Brandi Glanville.

• Love 8
(edited)

I need to rewatch this.

I watched it on its initial run but, dammit, the first look of the RHOBH reunion just knocked everything about this first look out of my brain.

It looks like it's going to be a great season.

I loved all of their tag lines...and I giggled when I heard Heather still had "HOLLA!" in hers.

After seeing this past season of RHOBH, damn if it wasn't refreshing to see a group of women who could still move their faces.

I seriously cannot wait until Tuesday night for this and the RHOBH second reunion installment.

It's like two giant-sized cuddles from baby jeebus all in one little Bravo package.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 20

I was interested to see who would get out of the car in the first scene, because you know that's their star right there. And yup, it's the B. (Fill in your preferred adjective or noun). Ditched the show - returned at the center of the opening photos, apple in hand. First scene of the season. Yep, you Ho's know what time it is.

I need to rewatch this.

I watched it on its initial run but, dammit, the first look of the RHOBH reunion just knocked everything about this first look out of my brain.

It looks like it's going to be a great season.

I loved all of their tag lines...and I giggled when I heard Heather still had "HOLLA!" in hers.

After seeing this past season of RHOBH, damn if it wasn't refreshing to see a group of women who could still move their faces.

I seriously cannot wait until Tuesday night for this and the RHOBH second reunion installment.

It's like two giant-sized cuddles from baby jeebus all in one little Bravo package.

I am right there with you on all of this, but especially here.

• Love 6

Just watched the First Look. I can't help it. I love me some Beth.

I wonder how the factions are going to break down. It's going to be boring if it's Ramonja versus Everyone Else again. I hope there's a shake up. I have an awful feeling that seeing more of LuAnn is going to make me hate her again. I hope I'm wrong.

The cast trip to Turks & Caicos looks amazing. It will never live up to St. Barths or Scary Island, though.

• Love 7
(edited)

Did I see it right that Carole was riding in a taxi with her husbands ashes?

That can't be right. Can it?

Carole has always been shown bouncing between three main story lines...book, boyfriend (current or looking), and deceased husband.  I saw that urn on the seat next to her.  Perhaps there will be another spreading of the ashes ceremony this season, but this time with human instead of canine remains.  I  honestly find her to be the least compelling of the bunch.

Does anyone know if Ramona has actually been demoted to "friend of housewife" status as was reported last fall?  She seemed no less featured than the others in the preview.  The intro with all holding the apples looked a bit crowded.  Wonder if that's the way it's going to be shown when the show actually airs.

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 3
(edited)

Well it would be really funny if they spread his ashes in the wind and Anthony blows all over everyone like Sonja's dog.

But I don't think that is it. I bet she brought the urn to her book signing. Buy a book and get a little of the ashes of her husband.

I wonder if she only does her signings on Wednesdays? 

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 8

I always have to remind myself that when Kristin says, "Kingsley" she's not talking about Kim Richards' dog. And is her nickname for Josh "Jiggy"?

And it didn't help that the scene then switched to Carole and her urn. I was thinking - who did Kingsley kill this time?

(And yes, I thought I heard Kristen call Josh "Jiggy" as well. Enough with these crossovers, Bravo!)

• Love 5

I have an awful feeling that seeing more of LuAnn is going to make me hate her again. I hope I'm wrong.

You're not alone! I noticed the most subtle change in LuAnn while she was with Carole, Heather and Kristen. When Bravo demoted her to "friend" status, I think it humbled her, but returning her to the main cast brought out the arrogance again.
  • Love 3

Huh. I thought LuAnn came off un-countess-like. She seemed more street/downtown-ish to me like she was in St. Barth with the Johnny Depp pirate.

That clip of LuAnn wearing her oversized shades and saying "Be cool...don't be...uncool" is freaking hilarious, even without any context to explain it.

I'm binge-viewing the Moroccan trip on Netflix right now and had forgotten how hysterical it was watching LuAnn on that camel.

I hope this trip to Turks and Caicos is at least as entertaining as the Moroccan trip.

• Love 14

That clip of LuAnn wearing her oversized shades and saying "Be cool...don't be...uncool" is freaking hilarious, even without any context to explain it.

I'm binge-viewing the Moroccan trip on Netflix right now and had forgotten how hysterical it was watching LuAnn on that camel.

I hope this trip to Turks and Caicos is at least as entertaining as the Moroccan trip.

I agree. I wonder if this is the cool LuAnn that Bethenny referred to at the season 1 reunion when they weren't filming and then on film she became The Countess?

It looks like it's going to be a better season already. This medium definitely showcases Bethenny at her finest. She comes off better when she has a larger cast to swipe at and play off of than her own show. I can't wait for the season to start.

• Love 7

And is her nickname for Josh "Jiggy"?

Yes, it seems she and Josh (and Heather:  "HOLLA~~") are hell bent on bringing back stale hip-hop lingo.  See also: Kristen's "You better check yourself, player!" to Josh last season.  And I don't know if I actually saw this on an episode or if it was just a bad dream, but I think I remember seeing her in a Kangol hat.  :shudder:

• Love 7

I hate season 4 and the Morocco trip with every fibre of my being. Jill was such a corrosive bitch. And LuAnn's snobbery was off the charts. Sending grown women to their rooms without dinner because they were late, was infuriating to watch. I was Team Blonde mostly because Team Brunette was so insufferable. Best moment of the season was Sonja gleefully admitting she cut Cindy from every photo on their trip.

• Love 10
(edited)

And Sonja cutting the vagina bedazzler out of the pics was so funny!

Edited by Rhetorica
  • Love 6
(edited)

I hate season 4 and the Morocco trip with every fibre of my being. Jill was such a corrosive bitch. And LuAnn's snobbery was off the charts. Sending grown women to their rooms without dinner because they were late, was infuriating to watch. I was Team Blonde mostly because Team Brunette was so insufferable. Best moment of the season was Sonja gleefully admitting she cut Cindy from every photo on their trip.

That's why I loved it so much.

They were all so insufferable during that entire season but in particular during that trip.

Looking back, maybe LuAnn was extra crotchety during this trip because she couldn't find the Moroccan equivalent of a pirate to entertain her.

And clueless Alex running around trying to insert herself into the other women's drama in her "Herman Munster" boots was the cherry on the top of my NYC sundae.

I wonder if Cindy was ever to bedazzle herself a personality. 

No wonder Andy had to completely retool this cast after season 4.  

I admit it...I love it when the women behave badly (as long as it's not in a filthy, vulgar, shock value, Brandi Granville way).

After the dark mess that RHOBH devolved into this past season, I'm looking forward to far more lighthearted women behaving badly entertainment from this franchise.

The new woman doesn't seem to fit in with this group at all from the previews...which should make the season even more entertaining.

Bring it, Bravo...I'm ready!

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 10

I know that I've become too invested in these shows when I get upset about my favorite, Heather T., being shunned in the pre-season publicity tour.  While Bethenny, Ramona, Countess Luann and Carole did the Today show, poor Heather is doing local radio talk shows and web chats with Kristen and the new girl.  (And Sonja is doing none of the above - another interesting factor!)

Plus Heather got the second-to-last credit placement, and is so small and to-the-side on the group shot you can barely see her.

I don't understand why, when Bravo finally gets a "real" woman, a successful businesswoman (legit), with a good marriage, who's a great mom, isn't afraid of conflict but also isn't a lunatic - why sideline her like that?  Is it really all because she clashed with Bethenny?

I mean - I could write a thesis on my frustrations about the RHONY ratings storylines.  The ratings didn't decline (in my thought out opinion) because of the new girls.  The first season with the new girls, ratings went up every week.  They had just started to hit a high note when the season ended - and the show then didn't come back for well over a year.  

That's what killed the show.  That, and the fact that it felt like two cobbled-together shows:  the old show, with Ramona/Sonja, and the new show, anchored by Heather and Carole, with Aviva and Kristen floating on the outskirts.  It was never a cohesive, organic cast, and the stitches showed.  I wish that they had "cancelled" RHONY after Season 4 and done a reboot with Heather/Carole/whoever, called it the Real Housewives of Manhattan, and started fresh.  I know not everyone would agree, that's okay!  But this just feels too awkward.

I'm not surprised Carole and Bethenney got along - those are Andy's two besties, the two people on any housewife show guaranteed to get a good edit and preferential treatment.  (I like Carole; I liked Bethenny on RHONY, but not on her own show, and not since then.)

I also need reassurances that Carole has not abandoned Heather for Bethenny - but I guess the power of the Andy friendship is mighty.  

Here's who I don't get: Kristen. Why was she cast?  Why is she still here?  The only positive feeling I have ever had towards Kristen was on this first look, when they opened with Kingsley running down the hall.  I got a little twinge - she's walking! Time is passing!  Sob!  (Is the kid's name really Kingsley?  Or am I Kim Richards hungover?)  I will NEVER be okay with Kristen also because of her Brandi loyalty.  Um, Kristen, you about had a panic attack when Ramona threw wine on you, giving endless interviews about how not-okay that is.  But your bestie Brandi does it.  What do you have to say about that?

Also, Bethenny is friends with Kyle, and I (sigh, so embarrassing) like Kyle again this year.  So do I need to like Bethenny by association? Because if there's a by-association team, and on one side we have Bethenny/Carole/Kyle, and on the other side we have Kristen/Brandi/Heather, then I have to go with the former.  

It's all so confusing.  But mostly I want Heather to be okay.  She remains the one and only woman on any of these franchises who I have ever thought I would want to be friends with in real life.  Holla!!!

• Love 7
Season 7 opens with a returning Bethenny Frankel dealing with divorce issues and trying to find her place in the world. Meanwhile, LuAnn invites the ladies to her new home in the Hamptons; Ramona tries to adapt to the single life; and Carole feels pressure from her book publisher.

I never got too invested w/Carole. She is one link to Camelot and a trust fund away from being a very boring S.1 Alex McCord (who I LOVE in the reruns now). Only watch Carole to see what weirdness she is wearing and what menopause is doing to her bone density I mean overbite.

I was so happy to see Kingsley (omg they so have to change that poor kids' name now) walking and running.

Uh wait? Are we supposed to feel BADLY for Bethenny checking into a $3500 a night hotel room? Lost at sea? Has no parents? PROSITUTION WHORE? ENGAGED 19 TIMES? (oops wrong show) Is her new schtick going to be that Bethenny says she is "homeless??" I am just waiting for more of her bullshit hyperbole.

Sweetheart Bethenny, quit bitching about "my house" that Jason Hoppy is living in. It is your house. Mutually.

Be cool, don't be all, like... Uncool. I might say this one more often than "This is NOT the Four Seasons, this is MOROCCO."  lol Love me some Countess.

I have little use for Carole, and Sonja. Ramones is going to get a pass from me. Mario did her wrong. Even though she's crazy as a bedbug he's a rat bastard.

Kristin. Meh.

• Love 12
(edited)

Does anyone know if Ramona has actually been demoted to "friend of housewife" status as was reported last fall?  She seemed no less featured than the others in the preview.  The intro with all holding the apples looked a bit crowded.  Wonder if that's the way it's going to be shown when the show actually airs.

Ramona is a full-time HW. She is holding an apple and she has a tagline, which the "friends" don't get to do. 

I also need reassurances that Carole has not abandoned Heather for Bethenny - but I guess the power of the Andy friendship is mighty.  

I'm with you here. I would like to see one organic friendship on one of the shows actually go the distance. I am fine if they have a brief argument or whatever; real friends do. As long as they don't betray one another or do something horrendous, all will be forgiven. Just from what I have seen on Twitter, it appears that they are certainly still friends today. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 2

I think that the key to Carole and Heather's friendship has been that they can still tolerate "for the most part" not caring for each others other friends. Heather and Luann were friends even when Carole was on the outs with Luann and that didn't affect their friendship and eventually, Luann and Carole became friends. So I don't think that Heather and Bethenny butting heads will have any impact on Carole and Heather's friendship. Bethenny not caring for Kristen may be a part of why Heather butts heads with Bethenny - along with them both wanting to be the alpha in every situation.

• Love 5

I don't think that Carole has or will abandon her friendship with Heather. I think that they are genuine friends, and whether Carole gets along with Bethenny won't change the dynamic between Heather and Carole. It certainly hasn't given Carole's and Heather's Instagrams where they're posting about each other in glowing terms, even after filming for this season has concluded. 

• Love 4

Well for one, Heather is too mature to be put off by Carole's friendship with Bethenny. And I don't think Heather and Carole have the kind of juvenile friendship that isn't tolerant of having a friend in the group that you don't like. Heather is very confident and I'm glad she isn't intimidated or jealous of Bethenny bc she absolutely shouldn't be. Heather is 10x the person that Bethenny is, IMO, and I think Carole knows that. Bethenny may be a lot of fun to hang out with, but in terms of a true blue friend, I don't think there's a more loyal friend than Heather.

• Love 10

Hoodooz, Teacher Suzy....definitely!

I seriously thought I was ready to quit the housewives, but the New York broads just pull me back, I caught a glimps of Bethany and I just picked up my remote and hit record for the season. There is a pretty good chance I would of done it without Bethany. Not a B lover but I squeed when I saw her. I wish I saw Jill's head explode when she heard the news.

• Love 7

I know that I've become too invested in these shows when I get upset about my favorite, Heather T., being shunned in the pre-season publicity tour.  While Bethenny, Ramona, Countess Luann and Carole did the Today show, poor Heather is doing local radio talk shows and web chats with Kristen and the new girl.  (And Sonja is doing none of the above - another interesting factor!)

Plus Heather got the second-to-last credit placement, and is so small and to-the-side on the group shot you can barely see her.

I don't understand why, when Bravo finally gets a "real" woman, a successful businesswoman (legit), with a good marriage, who's a great mom, isn't afraid of conflict but also isn't a lunatic - why sideline her like that?  Is it really all because she clashed with Bethenny?

I mean - I could write a thesis on my frustrations about the RHONY ratings storylines.  The ratings didn't decline (in my thought out opinion) because of the new girls.  The first season with the new girls, ratings went up every week.  They had just started to hit a high note when the season ended - and the show then didn't come back for well over a year.  

That's what killed the show.  That, and the fact that it felt like two cobbled-together shows:  the old show, with Ramona/Sonja, and the new show, anchored by Heather and Carole, with Aviva and Kristen floating on the outskirts.  It was never a cohesive, organic cast, and the stitches showed.  I wish that they had "cancelled" RHONY after Season 4 and done a reboot with Heather/Carole/whoever, called it the Real Housewives of Manhattan, and started fresh.  I know not everyone would agree, that's okay!  But this just feels too awkward.

I'm not surprised Carole and Bethenney got along - those are Andy's two besties, the two people on any housewife show guaranteed to get a good edit and preferential treatment.  (I like Carole; I liked Bethenny on RHONY, but not on her own show, and not since then.)

Here's who I don't get: Kristen. Why was she cast?  Why is she still here?  The only positive feeling I have ever had towards Kristen was on this first look, when they opened with Kingsley running down the hall.  I got a little twinge - she's walking! Time is passing!  Sob!  (Is the kid's name really Kingsley?  Or am I Kim Richards hungover?)  I will NEVER be okay with Kristen also because of her Brandi loyalty.  Um, Kristen, you about had a panic attack when Ramona threw wine on you, giving endless interviews about how not-okay that is.  But your bestie Brandi does it.  What do you have to say about that?

Also, Bethenny is friends with Kyle, and I (sigh, so embarrassing) like Kyle again this year.  So do I need to like Bethenny by association? Because if there's a by-association team, and on one side we have Bethenny/Carole/Kyle, and on the other side we have Kristen/Brandi/Heather, then I have to go with the former.  

It's all so confusing.  But mostly I want Heather to be okay.  She remains the one and only woman on any of these franchises who I have ever thought I would want to be friends with in real life.  Holla!!!

Holla! And hell yeah to alllll this. They'd better not sideline my girl, for all the reasons you've stated.

I was good with Kristen last year, but after Glanville's antics I'm really having to side-eye any and everyone who professes friendship and tries to insist she's wonderful. Makes me wonder about YOU.

I'm kind of tired of Bravo acting like the ratings are the fault of the women; it's the fault of your producers and editors! Stop with the bullshit drama and dragging one issue through every storyline, that's what people are sick of. Yes, it IS the editing! Heather B. aside, they use what you give them - and sometimes they don't. Every year there's some "unseen footage" that is 100x better than what they chose to put on air. You've got good stuff to work with, you just don't. To throw in a little more sage advice from reality elders: make it work. And don't fuck it up! [Tim G. & RuP, respectively.)

• Love 8

Hoodooz, Teacher Suzy....definitely!

I seriously thought I was ready to quit the housewives, but the New York broads just pull me back, I caught a glimps of Bethany and I just picked up my remote and hit record for the season. There is a pretty good chance I would of done it without Bethany. Not a B lover but I squeed when I saw her. I wish I saw Jill's head explode when she heard the news.

Thank you, Cheetosandchoc, for letting me know that you agree. (And yum, yum: Cheetos and chocolate! Should Ben & Jerry's offer that as a limited edition ice cream flavor?)

Hee, hee! Jill's head exploding!

I don't think that Carole has or will abandon her friendship with Heather. I think that they are genuine friends, and whether Carole gets along with Bethenny won't change the dynamic between Heather and Carole. It certainly hasn't given Carole's and Heather's Instagrams where they're posting about each other in glowing terms, even after filming for this season has concluded. 

Exactly. Carole and Heather are secure and confident enough in their friendship that them befriending other people is not a big deal. Even if one befriends someone the other doesn't care for, their friendship is strong enough that it won't matter. I like them as friends because they are the opposite of everything that Jill brought to the show with her Team mentality.

• Love 6

Exactly. Carole and Heather are secure and confident enough in their friendship that them befriending other people is not a big deal. Even if one befriends someone the other doesn't care for, their friendship is strong enough that it won't matter. I like them as friends because they are the opposite of everything that Jill brought to the show with her Team mentality.

Also, on WWHL, Bethany said that she and Heather didn't hit it off terribly well in the beginning but that all changed.

I hope Heather isn't sidelined either, and she may in fact not have been. She runs a legitimate business, remember, and has a child with health issues that she has to deal with and have less time to mess around than these other crazy ladies, like Ashley Abbott. Sometimes a girl's gotta work.

OMG, you guys. I so cannot wait until tonight!

• Love 2

OMG, you guys. I so cannot wait until tonight!

I've been trying to convince myself that I just don't care anymore just in case it's a big let-down, and, well, also because it's just not normal to be so excited about a cheesy reality show, but since we're all family here, I admit I am absolutely giddy with anticipation!

• Love 4

I hope their taglines are radically different from last season's.  Those were some of the worst from any franchise.

Bethenny's will likely be something about being back.  Hopefully Carole doesn't ask us to check out her ass, and Kristen finds something more to tell us about herself than she's not very bright but at least she's pretty.

(edited)

Yes, it seems she and Josh (and Heather: "HOLLA~~") are hell bent on bringing back stale hip-hop lingo. See also: Kristen's "You better check yourself, player!" to Josh last season. And I don't know if I actually saw this on an episode or if it was just a bad dream, but I think I remember seeing her in a Kangol hat. :shudder:

LOL remind me not to tune in three years from now when "bae" finally finds it's way into the RHONY vernacular.

Ooh, I have my tagline. "My clothes may be last season, but my slang is on point!"

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 7

Right! WTF Sonja.

Luann continues to look great, what is that woman's secret?

Is Ramona the only person surprised by the divorce? I feel for her, but it was pretty apparent Mario was not into Ramona.

Wah wah wah Bethenny

• Love 15

And Bethenny is already on my nerves.

Did she always talk that fast??  She really needs to slow her roll....

The new HW looks like Edie Falco.

And sounds like she's from The Real Housewives of New Jersey....

• Love 12

The new HW looks like Edie Falco.

Didn't Jerry Seinfeld's dry cleaner wear his clothing?

Bethenny calling Fredrik a queen, that must go over well with Andy.

Does she ever NOT bring a conversation around to sex.

How many times has she said "I have a child/daughter"

Please stop with the crying, you could easily buy a place that doesn't need renovating. But that would be too easy and Bethenny has to make everything complicated.

• Love 23