Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: From Zen To Sin

• Start Topic

That was a nice episode.  Finally all getting along.

However, not comfortable with them deciding to find a common enemy and focus their sights on her.  None of you know what would've happened if Nene had been there.  Claudia, Kenya and Cynthia are hardly paragons of virtue.  If you don't want to be around Nene, then don't.  But don't even make it seem like it was her presence that caused all your issues with each other.

Todd and Kandi next week look fun.  God lives in Atlanata huh?

• Love 10

A fun episode. Nice moments... Phaedra helping the woman who had lost her husband.... Phaedra and Kenya talking it out.... the poor guy who was assigned to those women, bless his heart!

I sort of have to agree that had NeNe been there, Phaedra and Porsha would have been glued to her, and NeNe would have wanted to be queen bee. It's just how she is.

I wanted to smack Gregg when he started spanking NeNe's costume and her twerking to it. That poor costume man just shook his head.

• Love 16

A fun episode. Nice moments... Phaedra helping the woman who had lost her husband.... Phaedra and Kenya talking it out.... the poor guy who was assigned to those women, bless his heart!

I sort of have to agree that had NeNe been there, Phaedra and Porsha would have been glued to her, and NeNe would have wanted to be queen bee. It's just how she is.

I wanted to smack Gregg when he started spanking NeNe's costume and her twerking to it. That poor costume man just shook his head.

That was William Ivey Long of the 14 Tony nominations and 6 wins.

It would take Nene a loooong time to out-diva the antics I'm sure he's seen.

• Love 7

Nice, fun episode.

Porsha-- Princess of Thotland. Hah! Loved when she said her horse's weave was laid so that's why they got along so well.

Phaedra needs to put down the jumpsuits. They're not flattering on her. I did really love that crocheted kaftan, though.

The ladies don't have to be BFFs, but they can be civil and just have some fun, without the constant war between factions.

• Love 7

I loved this episode as well. I was tearing up at the convo between Kenya and Phedra. That's all I ever wanted them to do, is come to a good place and stop all that negative name calling. I am glad Wig 2.0 (Nene) was not there. Anyhou, bravo to the women on the trip to the Phillipines

• Love 8

Finally an episode where there's not so much bitterness and bitchy behavior. It was nice to see them all get along sans Nene. Which I think Kandi was right, if Nene was there it would have been a completely different story. Kandi did do a spot on impression of Phaedra though.

Hopefully we never have to hear that Kenya/Phaedra/Apollo story again. Hopefully it's down the drain, in the sewers, and washed out to sea, never to be brought up again. I was actually shocked myself that Phaedra actually went through it cause from her TH it sounded like she wasn't gonna do it. Phaedra apologized as well and I did feel that Kenya needed to apologize as well, because she was flirtatious with Apollo at times and in front of Phaedra.

I did question Porsha on that outfit she had on while riding the mini horses. Really. Phaedra also that woman you bonded with her husband was killed, while yours is in prison. So I really can't compare the two on experiencing loss. Apollo can get out of jail, that woman's husband can't rise from the grave.

Could do without the Nene scenes, she's really not necessary at all and don't care about her being on Broadway.

• Love 3

As bosawks said - that's William Ivy Long - maybe the most respected costume designer in Broadway's history. I was kind of shocked to see him, but it did give some legitimacy to Nene's role. I laughed when he so innocently asked "what's wrong with the word twirl?" Poor guy.

I kind of liked Kandi and Porsha's play-acting of the Kenya/Phaedra peace talk better than the real thing, but at least it was something. I was glad Kenya pushed back when Phaedra tried to say it's in the past, let's move forward, and leave it at that. As Kenya said, Phaedra always says that, but then acts differently, so they needed to go deeper. I don't think Kenya got the resolution she wanted, but I guess with Phaedra - that's the most she's ever going to get.

• Love 4
(edited)

The Philippines looks really beautiful.

I was touched by Phaedra helping out her tour guide. That was very kind and compassionate ( just when I was really starting to dislike her!)

Really glad Kenya and Phaedra worked it out. Sometimes Kenya comes off as insincere (unintentionally, I assume) but I really felt she was sincere and that everything she expressed was real. I think Phaedra did the same. Hopefully they can truly move on now.

Sighing at Porsha just wearing the costume of a ho. She sure has done a 180 from her married persona. It's just sad that she's behaving this way. What happened to her? Just because you're not married doesn't mean you have to be a "thot."

Speaking of costumes, Nene's costumes were spectacular, but her tears did not warm me to her tonight. I'm so tired of her. Nene, get off my screen. Glad she wasn't in the phillipines being loud and making everything about her and how "superior" she is to everyone.

All in all I enjoyed all of the ladies getting along on their trip. Wish we saw a bit more of Demetria. I'm curious about her and like her (from the little we've seen). I'm really so curious as to why they cut her.

As for next weeks previews, I think I like Kandi more then folks here and I hope her marriage is not as bad off as it seems.

Edited by lightbeam
  • Love 6

Sighing at Porsha just wearing the costume of a ho. She sure has done a 180 from her married persona. It's just sad that she's behaving this way. What happened to her? Just because you're not married doesn't mean you have to be a "thot."

Maybe she is just enjoying her new found freedom and confidence.  Maybe this is her real persona.  She does seem to be having a lot more fun now than she did when she first started RHOA.

I don't care for her new look either, but maybe we will get the opportunity to watch her evolve to chic and sexy next season. 

Um, I teared up when Phaedra and Kenya prayed together.  I really hope that was sincere.

• Love 5

Not a believer, but I appreciated that since they both were, Kenya and Phaedra did something together that was important to them. Still think Phaedra is a shady lying liar who lies, about unnecessary things - but she does, finally, appear to be tired of the charade and carrying that grudge around. Even as I still believe 90% of her scenes are designed to proclaim her innocence and victimization by way of a hot, light-skinnded air mattress salesman. Anyway, it was a pleasant change. Hallelujah.

Nice, fun episode.

The ladies don't have to be BFFs, but they can be civil and just have some fun, without the constant war between factions.

If only. Start the countdown back to drama.

Why does Porsha always end up looking like a cheap whore?

Sighing at Porsha just wearing the costume of a ho. 

Speaking of costumes, Nene's costumes were spectacular, but her tears did not warm me to her tonight. I'm so tired of her. Nene, get off my screen. Glad she wasn't in the phillipines being loud and making everything about her and how "superior" she is to everyone.

As for next weeks previews, I think I like Kandi more then folks here and I hope her marriage is not as bad off as it seems.

You must be a fan. :)  Dave Chapelle. "I'm not saying you're a whore, but you are wearing a whore's uniform."  But cootchie-cutter shorts while you have HAIR available to hang out? GURL. No bueno. Besides, you are not 22, boo. Time to put some clothes on, really.

I don't hate Kandi, but she definitely annoys with the alternating between fence sitting and shit stirring. Can't do both.

Oh Greg. So much second hand embarrassment.
- Echoing Nene: "No, we don't go there" when she said not to use twirl.
- Following her down the street: "I'm catching up, honey. I'mma get you." 
- Behind her costume: "Oh, alright now, I can do something with this"  - complete with fake ass slapping.

He's so corny and old timey. You can be older and hot, but he's not. He is 100% Nene's father figure, and worse now since she almost got away and is now making some money. He's never getting out of line again. He's the most neutered husband on reality TV since Bruce Jenner. I sincerely doubt there's any bedroom Kandi happening there on the regular.

• Love 16

I thought Porsha was spot on in her impression of Kenya during their mock reenactment of the Phaedra/Kenya convo.  

I...sort of loved this episode.  Maybe I'm off my game for some reason and am extra gullible tonight, but I bought all of it.  I believed that they had fun with each other, and I believed that both Kenya and Phaedra were genuine in their discussion and they're now ready to move forward (a phrase I'm ready to, um, move forward from).  I'm going to ignore the final scene and promo, because I think Atlanta needs a few more of these light episodes- with fun shade, of course- before diving back into bullshit.  

I'm also going to pretend the Nene scenes weren't included.  Her response to the word "twirl" was unreal, and completely unnecessary.  Not everyone watches this show and would get that.  Or if they did they wouldn't care. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I thought Porsha was spot on in her impression of Kenya during their mock reenactment of the Phaedra/Kenya convo.  

I...sort of loved this episode.  Maybe I'm off my game for some reason and am extra gullible tonight, but I bought all of it.  I believed that they had fun with each other, and I believed that both Kenya and Phaedra were genuine in their discussion and they're now ready to move forward (a phrase I'm ready to, um, move forward from).  I'm going to ignore the final scene and promo, because I think Atlanta needs a few more of these light episodes- with fun shade, of course- before diving back into bullshit.  

I'm also going to pretend the Nene scenes weren't included.  Her response to the word "twirl" was unreal, and completely unnecessary.  Not everyone watches this show and would get that.  Or if they did they wouldn't care. 

You are not alone.  I am feeling all gullible and kumbaya myself.  This episode was fun and I laughed at all of them laughing at each other.  For the first time since this series started, I would have wanted to hang out with them.....I have really fallen into the Koolaid.

The RHOBH reunion will be bring me back to my senses.

He's so corny and old timey. You can be older and hot, but he's not. He is 100% Nene's father figure, and worse now since she almost got away and is now making some money. He's never getting out of line again. He's the most neutered husband on reality TV since Bruce Jenner. I sincerely doubt there's any bedroom Kandi happening there on the regular.

Mrs. Smith loves Mr. and Mrs. Leakes and even she said that Gregg needs to get a job and stop following Nene around.

Even as I still believe 90% of her scenes are designed to proclaim her innocence and victimization by way of a hot, light-skinnded air mattress salesman.

SnarkKitty, I think he was selling Club Apollo member services at the time, not mattresses.  Nonetheless, I got your overall point.  He had so many jobs that its hard to keep them all straight.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 3
(edited)

Phaedra apologized as well and I did feel that Kenya needed to apologize as well, because she was flirtatious with Apollo at times and in front of Phaedra.

I didn't like the way Kenya kept asking for more more more after Phaedra apologized.  She even said, "I don't know if I believe you because I feel like you're calling me a whore even when you're not saying anything."  Really bitch?!  It still sticks in my craw the way she tries to make herself the more injured party in this thing.  She is really the one who started it all with her inappropriate flirting and then the nasty antics after their business deal went south.  Phaedra said she was sorry, so shut the fuck up, accept it and move on friggin drama queen!  DAMN!

As Kenya said, Phaedra always says that, but then acts differently

This is a pot meet kettle situation for me.  Kenya and Porsha have hugged and "moved on" several times and then Kenya gets with her evil witch coven and starts to berate and act ugly with her again so she really doesn't have a place to criticize Phaedra for the same thing.  She can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.  I'm going to hold my judgment until after a few more episodes as to whether I believe her truce with Phaedra or not.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 17

I didn't like the way Kenya kept asking for more more more after Phaedra apologized.  She even said, "I don't know if I believe you because I feel like you're calling me a whore even when you're not saying anything."  Really bitch?!  It still sticks in my craw the way she tries to make herself the more injured party in this thing.  She is really the one who started it all with her inappropriate flirting and then the nasty antics after their business deal went south.  Phaedra said she was sorry, so shut the fuck up, accept it and move on friggin drama queen!  DAMN!

This is a pot meet kettle situation for me.  Kenya and Porsha have hugged and "moved on" several times and then Kenya gets with her evil witch coven and starts to berate and act ugly with her again so she really doesn't have a place to criticize Phaedra for the same thing.  She can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.  I'm going to hold my judgment until after a few more episodes as to whether I believe her truce with Phaedra or not.

ALL.OF.THIS!!! Sending you a virtual high-five and a "woot woot"!!

• Love 4
(edited)

Well, it's not exactly like Phaedra ever really made up with Kenya anytime, ever. I know I've never seen an episode where Phaedra was saying "you know that Kenya, we made up and she's all right," while at the same time Kenya was running around saying "Ha! I fooled her, we made up but i'mma talk some trash right now."  There are no innocent parties on that front. It's been a non-stop round of "any shit you can talk, I can talk better."

But good on Kenya for not accepting Phaedra's usual half-attempts to clear the air. Get it straight, and get it right. Either you believe her or not, but be clear. It's not that hard. Well, maybe it is when you're a lying liar who lies. I dunno. But ... cheers to you both anyway! And good luck with Nene. She's not going to be happy about this, no matter what her teeth say.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 8
(edited)

But good on Kenya for not accepting Phaedra's usual half-attempts to clear the air.

I can't think of one time that Phaedra attempted to clear the air with Kenya.  I do remember Kenya trying to talk to Phaedra (usually after making bad remarks about her body or something else just as petty) and Phaedra ignoring her or feigning being cordial in order to avoid an argument.  I'm just really sick of Kenya acting like she's innocent in all of this when just weeks before she's accusing Phaedra of sleeping with "Mr. Chocolate".  I don't remember ever hearing "I'm sorry" coming from Kenya's lips.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 7

Kenya has apologized to both Phaedra and Porsha - neither has apologized to her, for anything. There's bad behavior all around, and what infuriates me, just in life period, is when people can't just take responsibility for their parts. You can't "move on" in a real way without it.

• Love 2
(edited)

Nene.  Girl, bye. 

No really, be gone Nene.

Toukie...no kidding.  Gregg needs to be gone - to a job.  

Jesus fix me.  I was hoping Kandi or Candy's (whatever) horse would buckle.  Just for a giggle.  

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

''I didn't like the way Kenya kept asking for more after Phaedra apologized.  She even said,I don't know if I believe you because I feel like you're calling me a whore even when you're not saying anything."

Because Phaedra apologized doesn't mean she believed Kenya was telling the truth then. She just  apologized because  they both wanted to put the past behind and move on.

For Kenya to continue to ask Phaedra  if she believed everything Kenya said was true and that is why she is apologizing and if she said she doesn't believe  then her apology isn't sincere, is, to me, a reason for Kenya to keep the shit going.

To apologize is not the same as believing  everything Apollo said was a lie and everything she said was true.

Phaedra was married to Apollo, she saw how Kenya  behaved why wouldn't she believe him?

Even though Apollo lied on her with fake emails, she believed  him when he lied about the email accusing his wife of cheating.

Suddenly  he was telling the truth about his wife and Kenya felt it was enough truth in him to call  Phaedra  a cheater.

Me thinks Kenya  still got a lot of apologizing to do

Phaedra was gracious enough to not bring it up.

And what is it with Cynthia with these silly hats? Even to a pajama party she puts that thing on her head. Fedoras on women are chic,but she is overdoing it.

• Love 5

And what is it with Cynthia with these silly hats? Even to a pajama party she puts that thing on her head. Fedoras on women are chic,but she is overdoing it.

At least none of them were wearing bed bonnets. :)

• Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode. Everyone getting along and having fun, as well as some cool accomodations and nice adventures.

I teared up a bit with Phaedra and Kenya. I felt that was all very sincere and it's good to see them starting over.

Only negative? Having to see NeNe prancing around New York and talking about how big she is now that she is on "Bra-way." "I don't need you all no more. I'm a STAR!"

• Love 3
(edited)

The look on that guy's face told it all. NeNe brought ALL her klass to NYC.

The second funniest expression tonight was when Phaedra was in one of her TH's talking about having the discussion with Kenya and saying she definitely didn't want to disturb her peace with "crazy on the 10th power."  I started laughing out loud - that eye blinking was an expression I'd never seen on her and it was far funnier than all the mugs and the eye rolling.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 2
(edited)

My take on last night’s episode.

I liked that the girls got along with each other last night but I really wish they would just stop trying to insert Nene into every conversation.  Why can't they just have fun without having to claim it is because Nene isn’t there.  Nene hasn’t been there for the past three years, really.  It is usually the coven who tries to come after Nene whenever she is with the group which is very rare of late.

The talk Phaedra had with Kenya was OK in that they can act civil to each other when they are together with the group but I don’t see Phaedra being besties with Kenya any time soon.  It is clear Phaedra still do not really believe Kenya’s total innocence in the situation and neither do I. I think Phaedra just apologized for the whore calling only and also because she was just drained and just didn't want to deal with the drama anymore.

Kenya loves to play the victim and have really never owned up to any of what she has done.  Her only “apology” is  the usual “If there was anything that YOU think I did then I apologize but you did ME wrong” speech.  The boohooing and acting like the hurt puppy  just turns me right straight off. 

Even when she got an apology for what SHE claimed was her only issue (being called a whore), she just couldn’t let it go.  She wanted Phaedra to bow down and kiss her feet, begging for forgiveness for mistaking Kenya’s flirting with someone’s husband, texting someone’s husband, chasing that married man after being told not to by the wife and belittling of the man’s wife and even threatening to harm that wife during the wife’s pregnancy for actual whorish behavior

The rest of the episode was such a snorer that I watched Bar Rescue most of the time.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 11

But cootchie-cutter shorts while you have HAIR available to hang out? GURL. No bueno. Besides, you are not 22, boo. Time to put some clothes on, really.

There was a scene where I thought most of them needed to put some more clothes on. Demetria (why is she here?) was wearing a fringed bikini top as a shirt. And if your pubic hair is hanging out the bottom of your shorts, you need to fix some things. 

I thought both Kandi and Porsha were spot on in their imitations of Phaedra and Kenya, Kandi in particular.

• Love 1
(edited)

I LOVED this episode.  The bickering gets so old.  

I think Nene is over this show, she should probably leave.

I think the problem with Nene is that when the show first started, when Kim, Sheree and Lisa were on , they really were, for the most part "wives."  They either had husbands or boyfriends or were kept women; I don't remember any of them having real careers.  Now the women are career oriented, we see less of their home lives and more of their careers or "careers."  It's a different energy.

I got annoyed that they were calling Porsha "Princess of Thotland."  In fact I dislike it when they use "THOT" on any show, especially since it seems to be used to describe black women.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
(edited)

I think the problem with Nene is that when the show first started, when Kim, Sheree and Lisa were on , they really were, for the most part "wives."  They either had husbands or boyfriends or were kept women; I don't remember any of them having real careers.  Now the women are career oriented, we see less of their home lives and more of their careers or "careers."  It's a different energy.

I got annoyed that they were calling Porsha "Princess of Thotland."  In fact I dislike it when they use "THOT" on any show, especially since it seems to be used to describe black women.

Good Morning and Happy Easter, Neurochick!

See that's the thing.  Kenya doen't seem to have an actual career.  She just seemed to copy others and make it up as she goes.  She has no husband, no sugar daddy, no kids, no actuall career

Claudia also appear to be between jobs with her only job is as a radio hostess and that appears to be something she really don't like.  She appears to covet Porsha's Tv hosting gig more.  Other than that we see no career, no BF/husband, no kids

Demetria, we don't see at all, really

Kandi is the only one besides Phaedra and Nene where we actually see her with a career.  She also has kids and is married

Phaedra has enough careers to hand out to the other ladies, her main one being a lawyer so we do see some of that

Nene's career right now is in acting and she is working on that every day.  However, if she dares show her personal feelings about her current acting gig, she gets shot down because she is being a braggert so ....

Porsha no longer has a husband but we see her changing post divorce and she also has a career we can see.

Cynthia doesn't appear to have much of a modelling career anymore.  She just appears to be living off her past (much like Kenya and her crown) but at least she is married and have kids.

As for Nene leaving the show, I think it would be a good idea for her to leave at this point.  The way the show has gone, she is just being used as the whipping post for the other non HWives to attack and blame.  She doesn't have to even be present to get blamed for all that is now wrong with the show.

I would like it to be like before when we saw the housewives families and how they run their households or jobs as well as how they interact with each other. AND they all were HOUSEWIVES. 

The THOTland comment was annoying to me as well. Porsha is the youngest of the women in this group and she is dressing like her age group.  plus she loves her body and loves to show off her curves.  I don't see a problem with that.  Seen worse on other shows.  I believe most are jealous of Porsha's youth and looks.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 2

Normally the conflict drives these shows, but with the Atlanta crew, they are way more fun when they are having fun together.  I loved that they all were in great spirits, and it was nice to see Kenya and Phaedra squash it.  I am Team Kenya all the way, but even I was like, Girl stop, when she kept pressing for more from Phaedra.  Kenya isn't innocent - I still remember her running around in that outfit mocking Phaedra.  However, the montage of Phaedra calling Kenya a whore was shocking and very un-Christian.

I also thought the editors were showing their dislike of Phae when her interview was saying, "I Just like to do smart stuff..." and cuts to a scene of her asking "CAN WE GO SEE THE HOBBIT PEOPLE??"

Porsha is a blast when she's just hanging out with the girls.  Everyone is exactly right that if Nene had been there, the tone would have been different, and toxic.  Please fire her already.   Watching Greg prance around and smack her bustled ass in front of a Tony winning costumer was embarrassing.

• Love 8

As for Nene leaving the show, I think it would be a good idea for her to leave at this point.  The way the show has gone, she is just being used as the whipping post for the other non HWives to attack and blame.  She doesn't have to even be present to get blamed for all that is now wrong with the show.

I would like it to be like before when we saw the housewives families and how they run their households or jobs as well as how they interact with each other. AND they all were HOUSEWIVES. 

I totally agree with this part of your post. I think it is time for NeNe to leave the show. It will only prove, IMHO, that NeNe isn't the only  "cancer" in the group that keeps them all from getting along and singing kumbaya. I get so tired of reading and hearing that if NeNe wasn't around, all of the other ladies would be the best of friends and there would be no strife in the group. That is just not true and highly overestimates NeNe's power and influence over the ladies. To have some tell it, NeNe has some type of mind control thing going on and as soon as she steps in the room, she makes Porsha start fighting with Kenya, she makes Cynthia bring up Mr. Chocolate to Phaedra in front of all the ladies, she makes Phaedra call her friendship with Kandi into question, she is whispering in Todd's ear to complain about Kandi's bonnet, etc. She is also causing the drought in California, global warming, she caused the Germanwings plane crash, oh, did you know she is also an undercover member of ISIS!

Honestly, the other ladies couldn't even enjoy Manila without bringing NeNe up directly or indirectly throwing shade at her (Kandi) by constantly emphasizing "how great" the trip is and how much they are really "getting along" without a certain person around (RMFE). It just really gets old. None of these ladies will own up to their own shit as it relates to the discord within the group. Kenya, Cynthia, Claudia have never done anything wrong to any of the other ladies of course. It is all 100% NeNe. 

• Love 7
(edited)

See that's the thing.  Kenya doen't seem to have an actual career.  She just seemed to copy others and make it up as she goes.  She has no husband, no sugar daddy, no kids, no actuall career

Claudia also appear to be between jobs with her only job is as a radio hostess and that appears to be something she really don't like.  She appears to covet Porsha's Tv hosting gig more.  Other than that we see no career, no BF/husband, no kids

Demetria, we don't see at all, really

Kandi is the only one besides Phaedra and Nene where we actually see her with a career.  She also has kids and is married

Phaedra has enough careers to hand out to the other ladies, her main one being a lawyer so we do see some of that

Nene's career right now is in acting and she is working on that every day.  However, if she dares show her personal feelings about her current acting gig, she gets shot down because she is being a braggert so ....

Porsha no longer has a husband but we see her changing post divorce and she also has a career we can see.

Cynthia doesn't appear to have much of a modelling career anymore.  She just appears to be living off her past (much like Kenya and her crown) but at least she is married and have kids.

The THOTland comment was annoying to me as well. Porsha is the youngest of the women in this group and she is dressing like her age group.  plus she loves her body and loves to show off her curves.  I don't see a problem with that.  Seen worse on other shows.  I believe most are jealous of Porsha's youth and looks.

None of the women are "housewives" by definition. 

What career does Porsha have - aside from having a sugar daddy?  If you are talking about the Rickey Smiley show, Claudia is on that as well.  Cynthia runs the Bailey Agency. 

I could have done without the drama with Kandi and Todd and Mama Joyce.  I think it was bad parenting for Phaedra to make her young kids pawns in the turmoil with Apollo.  If she was the saint of a mother as she claims, she should not have signed for this season and dealt with her private life - away from the cameras.

Yes, Ne-Ne's exit is long overdue.  She seems to be at the core of all the problems with the women - and continues to act as she is above everyone else and that the show is beneath her.  Bye Felicia!

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 1
(edited)

None of the women are "housewives" by definition. 

Career wise, what career does Porsha have - aside from having a sugar daddy?  If you are talking about the Rickey Smiley show, Claudia is on that as well.  Cynthia runs the Bailey Agency. 

Family drama, I could use a lot less of the drama with Kandi and Todd and Mama Joyce.  I also think it was bad parenting for Phaedra to make her young kids pawns in the turmoil with Apollo.  If she was the saint of a mother as she claims, she should not have signed for this season and dealt with her private life - away from the cameras.

Yes, Ne-Ne's exit is long overdue.  She seems to be at the core of all the problems with the women - and continues to act as she is above everyone else and that the show is beneath her.  Bye Felicia!

Good Morning and Happy Easter, Twilightzone!

Porsha is making her TV hosting a career which is why she is going on other shows, guest hosting  to keep it current.  She and Claudia work for the same company but not on the same show.  Claudia is doing radio and is not seen.  Porsha is on the TV show and has a pretty good following so yes, she has a career.  Cynthia's agency isn't doing very well so that's why I didn't mention it. 

You are indeed right by definition, none are housewives. but the fact is this is a show about wives.  They live in a house and they are wives.... However, I have a problem with those that are not wives or even from Atlanta.  While I don't even want Joyce drama, I did like when Nene and Kim interacted with their children or when Phaedra interacts with hers I even like Cynthia's anxiety with her daughter dating for the first time.  I like seeing that, seeing them shopping and having lunch that DOES NOT have anything to do with issues they are having.

As for Nene being at the root of all their issues?  No, I cannot agree.  She has had her moments but  all the mess for the past three years, now, has not actually involved her.  The whole Phaedra/Kenya issue, the Kenya'/Porsha issue, the Cynthia/Porsha issue, Cynthia setting up Kandi using her friends information, videogate, Apollo gate, the Walter fiasco, none of this involved Nene.  She may have given her opinion on it but no she was not at the root of all this.  Even the Claudia/Porsha mess has nothing to do with Nene.  Nene can be loud boistrous and a bit of a brag but she is no way involved in the messiness that is going on with this group.  He leaving would show that.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 2

Claudia can miss me with the I want to be a peace maker and NeNe is the problem with the group, before I buy the bull she is selling she and the women need to answer the following

Claudia:  Is NeNe the reason you have problems with Porsha? thought is was because Porsha didn't immediately  jump at the chance to get to know you 

Kenya:  Is the NeNe the reason you have problems with Phedra, or is it because you openly flirted with her husband even when she asked you to stop

Kandi: Is NeNe the reason you have problem with Phedra or is it the reason that your life was going good while your friends life was imploding and you couldn't find the time to even call and check up on her.  Yes NeNe was a bitch to Phedra for years, but the moment shit got real she picked up the phone to check on Phedra.  Say what you want about NeNe Kandi but the fact remains that you did not reach out to your friend in a time of need.  Yes Phedra forgave NeNe but when you are going to a bad place and someone reaches out and says I don't care what we have had in the past I'm here for you, that goes a long was towards forgiveness.

Cynthia:  Is NeNe the reason you have a problem with Phedra or is it because you need a job and have to stay relevant somehow on the show.  Got to give Peter more money to blow on big dreams  

• Love 12

Ok, I can be cynical but the scene where Phaedra gives her guide money after "being blessed to hear her story" about her hardship made me wonder if that was the guides ploy to con money out of the tourists.  Don't hate me. 

I will say that the ummm outfits on the donkey ride were some very interesting choices.  I have never ridden a donkey but I am pretty sure lace shorts and a bikini is the last thing I would wear.  Cynthia dressed for the part, loved the overalls and cowboy hat but all that skin tight clothing just looks so uncomfortable on everyone, it always does.

• Love 3

I got annoyed that they were calling Porsha "Princess of Thotland."  In fact I dislike it when they use "THOT" on any show, especially since it seems to be used to describe black women.

I don't like it either.  OTOH, I appreciated that Porsha called herself the Princess of THOTlandia and had fun with it. Women should dress and express themselves as they please without judgement.  I am also about context and Porsha did not mean any harm.  OTOH, I don't like the normalization of the description as if its okay to describe someone as such.

Andy got all up in a snit beause "my gays" were used on RHOBH (the women did not mean any harm) so I think he should be alerted to the fact that its inappropriate to allow "THOT" to be used to describe women no matter the context.

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree, I actually looked forward to this episode and watched it in real time. Recently since it's been at it's ugliest I was waiting 2-3 episodes in before even watching.

Did it bother you also that Porsha herself adopted the name and said she was dressed as she should be to be the Princess of Thotland? (Sincere question.) I know Phaedra proclaimed her such in her TH, but maybe she also said it on the bus (have to check).

And for the record, I am not jealous of Porsha's looks or youth or anything else she has or what she does to get it. I wouldn't want to be 33 again, and I vastly prefer my body to hers. I don't care for bought breasts, and as for my butt - well, I'm sure I've heard more times than she has "girl, you need to give me some of what you got/share some of that with me." So NO, not everyone who thinks she's too old to run around dressed like she shops at Forever 21 or Wet Seal is jealous. We just think she doesn't always need to wear the uniform.  Everybody here judges them on everything else, I'm not going to stop at trashy outfits. She can express herself in her way, and I'll express myself in mine.

ETA: If Andy doesn't stop bitch, or whore (that was probably used more than some proper names last season) why would he care about THOT? At least it's an acronym. If you don't care about them using whore you won't care about them using 'ho.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 3

The one thing I got from this episode is that Nene needs to move on from the show. The show doesn't need her and she doesn't need the show. Nene doesn't and hasn't brought enough to the show for years. And this cast has had enough time to gel that it can go forward and do well.

I hope the truce between Kenya and Phaedra lasts.

I don't like Claudia. She really rubs me the wrong way and if she sticks around I predict she'll be the biggest shit stirrer next season. Two faced and brings nothing to the show whatsoever imo. More Demetria.

• Love 3
Did it bother you also that Porsha herself adopted the name and said she was dressed as she should be to be the Princess of Thotland? (Sincere question.) I know Phaedra proclaimed her such in her TH, but maybe she also said it on the bus (have to check).

Yes it did.  I didn't like that she called herself THOT at all.  The other ladies should have corrected her.

• Love 1

Can someone remind me what a "THOT" is?

I totally agree with this part of your post. I think it is time for NeNe to leave the show. It will only prove, IMHO, that NeNe isn't the only  "cancer" in the group that keeps them all from getting along and singing kumbaya. I get so tired of reading and hearing that if NeNe wasn't around, all of the other ladies would be the best of friends and there would be no strife in the group. That is just not true and highly overestimates NeNe's power and influence over the ladies. To have some tell it, NeNe has some type of mind control thing going on and as soon as she steps in the room, she makes Porsha start fighting with Kenya, she makes Cynthia bring up Mr. Chocolate to Phaedra in front of all the ladies, she makes Phaedra call her friendship with Kandi into question, she is whispering in Todd's ear to complain about Kandi's bonnet, etc. She is also causing the drought in California, global warming, she caused the Germanwings plane crash, oh, did you know she is also an undercover member of ISIS!

Is her undercover name "Lana Kane"?

Ok, I can be cynical but the scene where Phaedra gives her guide money after "being blessed to hear her story" about her hardship made me wonder if that was the guides ploy to con money out of the tourists.  Don't hate me. 

I am glad I'm not the only one! The whole thing made me uncomfortable.

• Love 2

I shouldn't have been, but I was AMAZED when Greg kept talking about "baby got back" and pretending to slap NeNe's ass as she tweaked in that costume. They have no shame or class or anything. That was so fucked up and ghetto. 

• Love 9