Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: No Good Deed

• Start Topic

LMAO @ Shep and his albatross arms, he wasn’t kidding when he said it wouldn’t fit off the rack.  All the Shep and Craig eye candy tonight made me happy, more next week :-)  I like how chill Shep is about his life, his THs are the best, he knows when to play and when to be responsible, maybe Shepradamus can mentor his young protégé Craig while he is still young and amenable, so he doesn’t turn into a Whitney or T-Rav. 

I liked Kathryn’s black and red dress, that was her 1st flattering look yet.  Whitney vs Kathryn was bound to happen sooner or later, don’t know why sucking T-Rav’s dick is so appealing.

Also, yay Mad Men on WWHL, good night.  Now if only Duke can lose, it will be perfect.

• Love 7

Yay for Shep and his hotdog stand!  I loved that they went from Whitney's non-chain of restaurants nationwide to Shep's hotdog stand. 

Kathryn, I applaud your strength of conviction, but you were right the first time - this is Thomas' campaign and he is the one deciding what his image will be and what commercials he wants to make.  Your real struggle is with Thomas - you can't stop all the Whitneys and pretty young women of the world because Thomas chooses that for himself.  As he says in his ads, he's Thomas Ravenel and he approves that message.

• Love 7

"Don't condescend to me" should have been this episode's title.

Better yet, I think Kathryn actually said "Don't condescend me".  

I thought Whitney had a great deal of composure dealing with that twit. He was very, very aware of the camera's at that moment. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm going to have to fast forward through Landon's scenes. I can't stand her voice/accent...the whole part southern part preppy part valley girl...I can't with her.

When Kathryn wears the middle part bun I just think of Holly Hobbie or pilgrims...I don't know why.

Edited by Forcereals
  • Love 6

I'm going to have to fast forward through Landon's scenes. I can't stand her voice/accent...the whole part southern part preppy part valley girl...I can't with her.

I'm right there with you.  I've lived in the south for nearly my entire life and I do not know anyone with that kind of weird ass accent/vocal fry/inflection.  And I can tell the difference amongst various southern accents to within 50 miles.  Maybe if she was saying something interesting, I'd put up with it, but she is a freakin' snooze fest.

That "fundraiser" might be one of the saddest events shown on Bravo!

It was sadder than Andy trying to make Deepak Chopra a relevant guest on WWHL.  And that is two boxes of Kleenex sad.

• Love 6

Better yet, I think Kathryn actually said "Don't condescend me".  

I thought Whitney had a great deal of composure dealing with that twit. He was very, very aware of the camera's at that moment.

You're right, I fixed it. Because quoting Kathryn with accuracy is important.

• Love 2

Why is Jennifer suddenly standing around in gold lame' shorts telling Kathryn what she oughta do? I thought Kathryn's description of Whitney as a little troll was pretty accurate.  He really is just a bit too mean to her, considering she's T-Rav's baby mama.  She's not JUST a shameless strumpet who can just be dismissed, she is in Thomas' life for the long haul, so poking and prodding her when she is already pissed off isn't going to make her go away.  There's nothing Southern or charming about him being cruel to her just because he feels superior enough that he can make fun of her to her face and everyone will laugh along.  Bad form, Whitney.

Did anyone show up to the painfully underattended fundraiser that isn't already part of Thomas' inner circle?  Wouldn't most of these people have already made their contributions?  I appreciated that Shep coughed up some cash and then said he wished he could get it back. 

I think Craig is harboring a huge, deep-seated crush on Cameran that has him feeling down because she's unattainable but so often right in front of him, so he parties and hooks up with women to try to stave off some of the sadness of his situation.  Hi, I'm Irritable, and I'm not a psychologist but I do sometimes play one on the internet.  The Dr. is IN.

• Love 10

I'm betting that after last night, the owners of the beach house are wishing they'd never agreed to let it be used on the show.

Who has a fund-raiser at a crab shack in the middle of nowhere? Thomas' mother looked like even she wished she were someplace air conditioned.

Kathryn needs a new stylist. She shows up at the political events looking like a school marm, and the scenes with Dani where she was wearing a crocheted table cloth, her hair reminded me of Mrs. Dagwood Bumstead. Or better yet, Lucy Ricardo when she forgot to wrap her hair in a scarf before going to the beauty parlor.

That scene on the bench between Kathryn and Thomas looked so forced. He had to make himself say "I love you" and he looked pinched and pained doing it. Laughed when they showed "Thomas' Campaign Headquarters" on the screen, then you realize it's just his office.

I really do wonder if part of him did it because he thought it would add to the show, and another little part of him wished he could be elected. But in his heart and head he knew he didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

• Love 5

It's tiresome how often men still to this day love to blame hormones when their wimminfolk dare to get all up in a tizzy.  Women never get upset for valid reasons, it can only be because they've had a baby or are on their period HAW HAW!  Such a cliché.

• Love 14

They should schedule a winner take all battle between the troll and the shameless strumpet. I'll put my money on the strumpet, the troll can't work up enough effort to do more than raise a glass of liquor or his sunglasses.

• Love 5

It's tiresome how often men still to this day love to blame hormones when their wimminfolk dare to get all up in a tizzy.  Women never get upset for valid reasons, it can only be because they've had a baby or are on their period HAW HAW!  Such a cliché.

Ah, the PMS excuse, gotta love the standards.

Although I have found as I've gotten older and could give two figs about decorum that a good ole "I'm hemorrhaging motherfucker, what of it" pretty much stops them in their tracks.

• Love 10

This is the first episode I watched this season, I wasn't going to, but I fell off my trashy tv wagon. I actually sympathize with Kathrine. I think she is very young, and trying very hard. I imagine she has had a hard time getting along with her peers, and trying very hard to get her act together. She may be going about it all wrong, but I think she is sincere.

Whitney just looks so creepy. If he were at a park while my kids were playing I would make sure I was closer to my kid than he was at all times, and keep my peppr spray accessible at all times. What makes this worse is the fact that he has put an enormous amount of effort into his looks and had it backed by his Momma's money. I cringe at the thought of what he would look like without all that. My skin crawls at the thought. He really was an asshole to Kathrine.

• Love 9

Best part of this Ep: Shep and Craig at the designer's fitting trying on the clothes. Also, Craig's law school buddy telling him the BAR exam ain't no joke and to get his shit together. 

Worst part of this Ep: The fundraiser in the middle of nowhere with nobody there except the cast, campaign mgr. and TRAV's mom.  His all important, pillar of the community Dad didn't even feel it worthwile to show up.

Since when is it ok to just not come home at night (Kathryn) because you are pissed at your husband and said husband is not even upset about that. You have a baby, dammit. This is not high school.  Get your ass home! 

• Love 4

Has anyone else been bothered by Whitney's tongue (insert bad joke about TRav here)?

It sits seriously forward in his mouth, and it is very active when he smiles. Squicks me right out!

I'm a little sad that I've mentioned it. I'm afraid that it's one of those "what you have seen once cannot be unseen" things.

Sorry PTV pals!

• Love 3

Yea Whitney is an asshole but Katherine should realize that Thomas is the one that made the decision. She did blame him but then showed how awesomely mature she is by not coming home for a night. You showed him, Katherine. If she hasn't realized by now that Thomas makes lots and lots of bad decisions by now, she's a lost cause. Hitched your star to the wrong "politician" honey.

Their love is forced, they really don't even like each other.

But god I love this stupid show.

• Love 4

Has anyone else been bothered by Whitney's tongue (insert bad joke about TRav here)?

It sits seriously forward in his mouth, and it is very active when he smiles. Squicks me right out!

I'm a little sad that I've mentioned it. I'm afraid that it's one of those "what you have seen once cannot be unseen" things.

Sorry PTV pals!

To be fair it is probably the only muscle he has that has any tone.......

• Love 3

Since when is it ok to just not come home at night (Kathryn) because you are pissed at your husband and said husband is not even upset about that. You have a baby, dammit. This is not high school. Get your ass home

I couldn't believe she did that. After calling him stupid.

I have never liked Kathryn and her not going home after the fight with TRav sealed the deal for me. I don't care how old you are, what your station in life is, how much of a douche your baby daddy is etc. in fact, to me, if you are that pissed at TRav for his philandering ways and uncouth commercial why in the hell would you not go home and at the very least pack up your child and take them with you?! As a mother, my first instinct is to make sure my child is ok and that I am there for my child regardless of what is going on in my relationship. To not even go home.......... Gawd Kathryn sucks!

• Love 2

I loved how Kathryn threw in the fact that she bought blazers, as an example of how she's changed.

And she bought 30 of them!  Who does she think she is, Dorothy Sbornak?  

I think it's interesting Danni and Kathryn are such good friends.  I'm assuming Kathryn watched the episode where T Rav was trying to woo Danni by taking French lessons and going to fancy restaurants, until she said she'd never date someone with a criminal record?  Guess she's OK with that.  

How old is that guy Cooper doing the runway show?  Honestly I can't tell if he's 60 or a really old looking 35.  

• Love 6

She thought she was making a big point by having him do all the "work" she would normally have to do to take care of the baby overnight, but it didn't look like he had much of a problem handling things.  I'm sure she expected him to tell her that he had no idea how much she did and that he was sorry for trivializing her role, his eyes have been opened, etc. etc., but...............that very much didn't happen. 

• Love 2

If Kathryn had been sober when she was talking to Whitney, and if she had used the word "fuck" just a teensy bit more sparingly, she would've made a much more cogent argument. As a result, she managed to somehow make Whitney seem sane and rational. The ad is truly stupid (great reality TV,though) but is probably much more a Bravo plot device than a legitimate political ad, as is Thomas's entire senate run.

Jennifer annoys me.

Of course, if Kathryn had been sober on many other occasions it would've changed the entire complexion of the show. Thanks, alcohol!

• Love 2
(edited)

I loved how Kathryn threw in the fact that she bought blazers, as an example of how she's changed.

30 blazers, she said.  Maybe Shep's Hong Kong tailor made them for her.

Kathryn and TRav are trainwrecks in their own special, individual ways.  She's trying very hard to look mature but it's sad to see... all that effort wasted on that loser TRav.  Did anyone else notice that both Kathryn and TRav were trashed by the end of that fundraiser?  They go through more liquor than Patricia.

In one of Kathryn's THs she mentioned (parpharasing) that she's never been the wife, girlfriend or partner of a politican before.  Good grief, girl, you're only 23.

The best parts of this show are still Shep's great THs (Blue Steel!), Cameran's snark and Craig's pretty,

(Teddybear got there before me w/ the 30 blazers.)

Edited by DeepRed
  • Love 4

I thought makeup-free Kathryn, with her hair pulled back, was the prettiest Kathryn I've seen.

She's very lovely au naturel.  I also love how she looks in her Talking Head with the yellow dress.   I do NOT like the parted down the middle bun look, but hey, they can't all be winners! Speaking on a non-winning look, Jennifer's outfit at the sad-sack crabshack fundraiser was 100% dreadful.  Gold lame shorts? REally??  Scheanna Marie from VR wants her look back. 

Yes to this.  For some reason I didn't really "notice" her super irritating manner of speaking until this episode.  But holy bleeding eardrums, Batman. I find a southern accent very charming.  But a southern accent mixed with a vocal fry is not cute. 

Since when is it ok to just not come home at night (Kathryn) because you are pissed at your husband and said husband is not even upset about that. You have a baby, dammit. This is not high school.  Get your ass home!

I don't know.  It might have actually happened the way they wanted us to believe it played out. But something about that whole scene seemed VERY set up and contrived by producers to me.  Like, she called Danni to come pick her up at the restaurant "out of the blue," yet she appeared to be wearing her own clothing the next morning at Danni's house.  I'm calling shenanigans. And I believe she either she did eventually go home later than night OR they had already arranged ahead of time that she'd be spending the night away.

And even if it DID really happen... then you know what? I'd bet the farm (err, plantation) that Kathryn and the nanny do like 95% of the work concerning the baby--the feeding, the waking up, the diaper changing. So heaven forbid that Thomas had to actually step up and do his share for one night. I'll be over here crying into my Cartini for him.

• Love 3

Yeah, blazers are a surefire way for campaign wives to get out the vote in SC, I guess.

• Love 1
(edited)

Re the work Kathryn does with the baby/trav had to do in her absence.. the baby wasn't home alone while they were out, so someone (I'm guessing a night nanny) was there with her. Maybe there's a gap between when she leaves and the day nanny comes, but I doubt he (or Kathryn) did/does much heavy lifting. Totally my assumption, but I just have a feeling. And I can't see Kathryn doing all this nighttime care and being able to just not come home one night. I definitely needed a break at times when my little ones were young babies, but there's no way I could just not come home. Like a PP said, if I was mad enough to want to leave, I'd come home and take my baby with me. Besides me missing them, it would make me sad thinking of them waking for me at night and me not being there.

That said, something did seem off about editing, because danni picked her up, yet she drove her own car home.

I don't think she tries so hard with the relationship because she loves Trav-- she has her rich/"known" guy and she wants to keep him. I don't think either of them can really stand the other. She seems to have fantasized about being this wealthy first lady and will do what she has to to make it happen despite it clearly not being what she'd hoped.

ETA: It must suck for Kathryn to realize the mistake she made in choosing Trav. Look at Cameran, who actually did marry well - doctor, probably known/respected to some degree in their community, not decades older than her, likely treats her well.. they clearly have money, maybe even family money to back it up. She could have been with someone like that, and instead she's with Thomas. And fair or not, some guys won't go for a single mom, especially a younger guy from a respected/wealthy family, so she's cut off a portion of the future husband pool already. That's got to burn her up inside.

Edited by Harperlee1
  • Love 6

Someone tell Whitney when he comes up with these storylines that they at least need to be believable. Thomas takes a limo service everywhere he goes. Kathryn drives her car, leaves it, then somehow it winds up at Dani's house.

Continuity isn't Whitney's strong suit, obviously.

• Love 2

Best part of this Ep: Shep and Craig at the designer's fitting trying on the clothes.

I totally agree!  From the upstairs, shabby chic studio to Shep's extra long arms....it was just perfect to watch. 

If Kathryn had been sober when she was talking to Whitney, and if she had used the word "fuck" just a teensy bit more sparingly, she would've made a much more cogent argument.

This is where Kathryn's youth works against her so badly.  She had a decent argument, the commercial did not reflect how serious a campaign for office should be, but she couldn't articulate it because she was drunk and fell into emotionally dropping a bunch of f-bombs.  So frustrating to watch.  She also hasn't learned the gentle art of ignoring someone who's deliberately trying to provoke you.  She feeds right into Whitney's tactics with the eye rolling, huffing, gossiping in the corner, storming off....etc.  How much better would it have been if she had smiled, schmoozed and looked like she was having a fabulous time?

Since when is it ok to just not come home at night (Kathryn) because you are pissed at your husband and said husband is not even upset about that. You have a baby, dammit.

I find this especially irritating since Kathryn seems to like to throw out that being T-Rav's baby Momma as a pass for everything and a reason why she should be treated a certain way...instead of just gaining the respect on her own.  Then she just doesn't come home for the night.  You can't have it both ways when it serves you. 

• Love 2

Kathryn: I majored in Political Science, AND I went out and bought, like, 30 blazers, so....

Kathryn, Kathryn, Kathryn. She strikes me as being devoid of personality, which is a very strange thing. I think Whitney said she would complain no matter what kind of commercial they made, and I tend to agree. 

I did find it interesting that Kathryn seemed comfortable in TRav's mother's presence, although, once again, Kathryn had nothing to say. I would think she'd be a little nervous around TRav's mom, wanting to say the right things and all.

• Love 3

Kathryn: I majored in Political Science, AND I went out and bought, like, 30 blazers, so....

Kathryn, Kathryn, Kathryn. She strikes me as being devoid of personality, which is a very strange thing. I think Whitney said she would complain no matter what kind of commercial they made, and I tend to agree. 

I did find it interesting that Kathryn seemed comfortable in TRav's mother's presence, although, once again, Kathryn had nothing to say. I would think she'd be a little nervous around TRav's mom, wanting to say the right things and all.

I think the mother seemed like she's very easy to get along with, like a no fuss/no muss kind of gal.

They slept together, I believe it. She was trolling for a rich guy to hook up with, and Thomas happened to be the one who came back a second time or more. I think the fact that Whitney told Thomas the truth -- when Kathryn never mentoned sleeping with him or Shep -- and once it was announced by Craig at the dinner table.... she never made an attempt to pull the guys all together in front of Thomas and have them deny it. Shep admitted it, also.

(See her and Thomas' thread, and Whitney's, for more info)

• Love 8
(edited)

Didn't Whitney tell Thomas last season that he slept with Kathryn "in a moment of weakness"? That was a lie, no? Because it's pretty obvious that "troll" Whitney makes Kathryn's skin crawl.

They slept together after denying anything happened between them for several eps after Chad claimed she hooked up with three guys at the table in two weeks (Shep, Thomas, and Whitney) she finally admitted that she did sleep with Whitney claiming it was when she and Thomas were "on a break," after Whitney told him at Sheps hunting cabin. It's what led to their end of season breakup. Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was disappointed in J.D., talking about how his wife may never be right again, referencing post partum depression and her having four children. That was cold, as he seemed to think it was funny.

I was disappointed he called women "females." Such a red flag of a misogynist douche. Women are more than their reproductive anatomy.

Edited by jkat7
  • Love 6

Best part of this Ep: Shep and Craig at the designer's fitting trying on the clothes. Also, Craig's law school buddy telling him the BAR exam ain't no joke and to get his shit together.

Worst part of this Ep: The fundraiser in the middle of nowhere with nobody there except the cast, campaign mgr. and TRAV's mom. His all important, pillar of the community Dad didn't even feel it worthwile to show up.

Since when is it ok to just not come home at night (Kathryn) because you are pissed at your husband and said husband is not even upset about that. You have a baby, dammit. This is not high school. Get your ass home!

I gotta disagree with that last part. Not going home might be poor conflict management and resolution for any adult, but the baby is just as much Thomas' responsibility as hers. Unless she is still exclusively breast feeding (which it looks like she isn't because the baby was eating puréed food) Thomas should be fully capable of caring for his child. Otherwise it's like when dads say they are "babysitting" their own children. Vomit.
  • Love 7

I gotta disagree with that last part. Not going home might be poor conflict management and resolution for any adult, but the baby is just as much Thomas' responsibility as hers. Unless she is still exclusively breast feeding (which it looks like she isn't because the baby was eating puréed food) Thomas should be fully capable of caring for his child. Otherwise it's like when dads say they are "babysitting" their own children. Vomit.

Having a baby should make you think twice about not coming home all night. It's childish and irresponsible, I don't care that Thomas was home. Would it be ok if he was the one that didn't come home? I think not. People would be all over that, saying what a douche he was to do something so disrespectful to poor Kathryn. 

• Love 2

Having a baby should make you think twice about not coming home all night. It's childish and irresponsible

Ironically, being with TRav would make you think twice about coming home at night.....

• Love 8

Having a baby should make you think twice about not coming home all night. It's childish and irresponsible, I don't care that Thomas was home. Would it be ok if he was the one that didn't come home? I think not. People would be all over that, saying what a douche he was to do something so disrespectful to poor Kathryn.

I disagree. I think there is a double standard associated with a mother not coming home over a father. While I do think it is immature and unproductive on either parties' part, perhaps it is better than them both being home and having a drunken screaming match that night. I think they need better conflict skills in general, but Katherine is just as entitled to a cooling off night as Thomas would be.

• Love 4

I know I'm losing a lot of brain cells watching these people but I swear I heard Kathryn say she majored in "politics" instead of political science.

• Love 5