Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: The Party's Over

• Start Topic

Who goes to a party "looking for resulution?"   That is odd.  

Perhaps Eileen needs to write "there's a time and a place for everything"  100x on the blackboard while her son is doing his homework.

That's the thing.  She's said she knows how the RH franchises work.  So by going to a party looking for a resolution, what did she think she was going to get?  But sadly, she didn't get it.  Even though she wanted it really, really bad.

Can someone tell me when Brandi attacked Eileen in Amsterdam?

• Love 5

I'm not sure that this is true. If Eileen was itching for a fight she had many opportunities and didn't go for it. She didn't want to fight with Brandi on the night of the wine toss, she didn't want to fight with Brandi during the retarded apology, and even when she bristled over the homewrecker comment she just very simply told Brandi that she didn't want to be called that, Brandi doesn't know the situation, and she wants her to drop it. She was direct, to the point, and she didn't start throwing insults the way that Brandi does when somebody says something that Brandi doesn't like. 

HMmm.  Maybe.  But that was at the beginning of the season.  From the clip that was just posted it's obvious (to me, anyway, heh) that Eileen knew she was being left behind in the dust of all the other Hos' vitriol so she was going to up her game at Adrienne's party once and for all, dammit. But everyone talked over her the whole time.  She was the voice of reason until she realized that didn't get her the screen time (code word:  "resolution") that she was craving.  Bravo clearly left stuff on the cutting room floor.  Of everyone, to be sure.  But I don't care about everyone else. I just want to see what they didn't show us of Eileen. LOL

I can't wait to see her at the reunion.  I think after the season wrapped, she knew the reunion was her last chance to bring it or not.  I think she'll bring it.  Or at least try.  Probably try too hard but she'll try. 

• Love 6

This just made me realize that Kim must be the only HW on this franchise who hasn't really tried to use her time on the show to launch some viable project. I mean, dammit, even Brandi has managed to parlay her shit into lucrative income. Yolanda has made efforts, and though they haven't panned out (I don't think anyway), she's at least not dependent on a check from Bravo the way that Kim seems dependent on this check.

There was that line of shorts and shirts Kim was a part of after that season when Brandi first joined the cast. The shorts had printed on them "slut pig" and some other nonsense.  Not sure how much of that she was invested in, but for sure she doesn't seem to have much going on for her financial-wise other than this show. It has been my thought Kyle put her as a part of this show so she and Mauricio can at least be partially off-the-hook as far as supporting Kim, but if she hasn't been able to get her own home after being sober for "three years", that raises a red flag to me. Her money is going up her nose and down her throat.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Prince Max was on the Millionaire Matchmaker. Yikes.

I think someone posted that it was a different guy, not the one from last night's finale.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

That's the thing.  She's said she knows how the RH franchises work.  So by going to a party looking for a resolution, what did she think she was going to get?  But sadly, she didn't get it.  Even though she wanted it really, really bad.

I think it was when she called her a homewrecker.  Eileen was very upset by that and wasn't buying Brandi monotone apologies.  That is the time when you buy someone a bunch of flowers and apologize for bringing up decade and half old history that had zero to do with you.  I didn't understand why Brandi started talking about defending Kim unless there was a huge part of the dinner conversation missing from the first night in Amsterdam because she said zero at the dinner table.  It seems to me if Brandi thought Kim having to deal with two on one at the dinner table was unfair-why didn't she speak up?  Maybe because she knew Kim was wrong or at that point did not want to alienate Lisar or Eileen further?  I can see where Eileen would want resolve or clarification.

Brandi was looking for absolution and resolution from Lisa Vanderpump at the same party.   

• Love 8

I don't know why VP was trying to reconcile with Brandi, its a lost cause, just be done with it already.

With intervention as my drinking word, I should be out soon, and sooner the better, so I wont have to listen to all this drivel.

Adrienne's entrance was lame.

VP didn't want to look insensitive once Brandi started screeching about her dad.  She really wanted a rescue.

I love Eileen, but I'm assuming she won't be back due to her blurb at the end. 

Can't say I blame her. 

I don't know.  I'd be tempted to skip while I had a good edit but if she really got 750K$ per season, kinda hard to turn that down.

Isn't Brandi's dad still alive? Why would she say he was dying? I know he had just had open heart surgery, but that saved his life right?

Because it's another way Brandi can play victim. 

• Love 11

For what it's worth, Kyle did say on some show or another (reunion? WWHL?) that she thinks part of the reason she wanted Kim to do the show was to put all of her problems in the spotlight. She wanted it to either all come out OR force her to face her issues and get herself well. So yeah nice work Kyle.

I never heard or read this. 

• Love 7

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/brandi-glanville/brandi-you-cant-confirm-what

Apparently she was allowed at the hospital.   It was the finale night, and unlike some of these housewives, this IS a job for Brandi, and she needs the money.  Not showing up for the finale, really, taking a few hours away since it was her turn to have the boys anyway, seems reasonable to me.

I'm defending Brandi on this one... and I HATE that. When Kim and Kyle were talking about Nikki's book party, Kim made a joke about promising not to bring Brandi this time. Then, she said Brandi was going to be out of town, anyway.

Later, one of the Wives asked Brandi how Sacramento had been. So, she WAS with her family. She may have just come home for that evening for all we know. Even if family member is sick, you frequently still have to work.

If her father was actually 'dying', I don't think anyone would say a word.  I'm sure her father was seriously ill.  But dying?  Do you choose work over the 'dying' of a loved one?  Brandi loves to use the most "dramatic' twisting of the truth she can.  She 'is' a drama queen who is constantly seeking the 'it's all about me'.  Adrienne is suing me.  Her two weeks in Sacramento sound a lot like Kim's week in the hospital.  And she had time to send Lisa V an email too.  And get a facial. From her blog:

So, we’re back in LA, and you see why I was stressed in Amsterdam. My father’s health wasn’t that great and went scarily downhill fast when I arrived back in the States.

BS.

• Love 12

Brandi was looking for absolution and resolution from Lisa Vanderpump at the same party.   

Exactly -- the party was a staged work event, so all of them worked it in their own way -- Brandi tried to guilt LisaV into taking her back,  Eileen tried to resolve an issue with Brandi, Kyle tried to find a way to get KIm to see she wasn't lying about Brandi's words, etc etc (fucking Brandi is everywhere, isn't she?) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12

I was wondering if the reason why LisaR  accepted the apology/ smoothed things over in Amsterdam, and didn't back Kyle up at the party is because she was still afraid something would get brought up about her husband.

• Love 6

Exactly -- the party was a staged work event, so all of them worked it in their own way -- Brandi tried to guilt LisaV into taking her back,  Eileen tried to resolve an issue with Brandi, Kyle tried to find a way to get KIm to see she wasn't lying about Brandi's words, etc etc (fucking Brandi is everywhere, isn't she?) 

Apparently the only one Brandi did not address was Kyle.  Brandi would not address Kyle because it would mean she has no real bitch with Kyle.   Kyle taking vacations on private jets and yachts is really not something Brandi need concern herself with and other than Brandi's made up drama of Kyle not being there for her sister, which Kim could not support.

• Love 8

I watched the WWHL one-on-one with Bethenny Frankel from RHNY and she mentioned NY housewives selling stories about each other and everyone knowing which wives sold stories. And...is this true? Because what kind of life is that? I mean, I guess it's just another level of updating one's thoughts on Facebook and Twitter every 30 seconds, but I still can't figure out why people with money, beautiful houses, famous friends, children etc., even bother with online social media. The idea that Kim released statements to Radar or whomever about her dog biting her niece is just beyond sad to me.

When I first started watching RHBH, I hated Kyle. I still don't like her, but the season I started watching (3, I think) she seemed so desperate for any bit of gossipy attention. In one episode she was checking the internet on her laptop for stories about herself and she said something to Mauricio about it, he had this blank expression and I remember thinking my husband wouldn't like me very much if I was that involved in everyone else's petty gossipy crap. Even if this is "for work", it must be a lonely life being so obsessed with my tabloids are writing about you.

Now I have to explain to myself why I spent the day thinking about these pathetic women!

When wealthy people sell stories, they aren't doing it to make money (except maybe Brandi). Instead, they want to create a relationship with the tabloid in exchange for sympathy when their own day of despair comes. The other possibility is that the story comes from a publicist. It's quid pro quo; if you want something to go away, give them something better. And in some cases, they want to get ahead of the story so they release their own version before someone else can throw them under the bus (this is the opposite of what Adrienne did with the surrogacy story).

• Love 5

Not to be petty but "mean drunk" may best apply to a person who precisely doesn't qualify as an alcoholic anything.

I'm still not buying that Brandi is an alcoholic.  This episode showed her slurry, panicked and ill equipped.  It's like she has all the coordinates but they don't constellate in whatever shape is alcoholism proper.

I mean, isn't it also as likely that she's just an under-socialized codependent with anxiety/personality disorder who mistakes this as some kind of virtue ,only reinforced by her choice of career? You can find this motley crew of symptoms in many alcoholics but they are not the symptoms of alcoholism.

Ok, I end my diagnosis of Brandi's substance use right here, right now.

This might be totally insensitive, but I don't give a fuck if Brandi is or is not an alcoholic. In fact, I will be happy if I never hear the A-word or the I-word for the rest of my life. At the end of the day, Brandi is a certified asshole and it's probably an insult to chardonnays everywhere to insinuate that Brandi's disgraceful behaviour is fueled by wine and xanax. If she is an alcoholic, I truly hope she gets help, for the sake of her children. And if she's not, I also hope she gets help, for the sake of her children.

I think it is a bit irresponsible of Bravo not to have a warning about not combining benzodiazepines (Xanax/alprazolam) with alcohol since they can have additive effects which can be life threatening (respiratory depression, etc). Someone may see Brandi talking about taking Xanax with her to the party (implying she may use some at the party) where she is going to be drinking alcohol…I think I saw her drinking.

I think, if anything, watching Brandi's behaviour is like a free PSA to deter viewers from mixing booze and benzos. I kind of agree. I think someone should tell her on screen that using xanax recreationally is dangerous. Just saying, Countess LuAnn was an RN, maybe she can make a cameo or tweet her. But at the same time, I don't think Bravo should be held responsible for anyone who thinks it's beneficial to emulate Brandi's behaviour.

And another thing! What are they going to do about that vicious attack prince that they let run wild at the party. He had already mauled several women on the Millionaire Matchmaker and here he was mauling Camille.

Have you no shame Satan Andy?

If you look VERY closely you'll see they are actually two different faux princes. Apparently Bravo keeps a few dozen in the reserves, just in case.

Brandi is a deflector.  Kim is an alcoholic.  Kyle is an enabler. Now, about Eileen....

I know I'm a lonely cheese here but it has to be said.  She's....odd.  Bravo gave her an awesome edit this season and she should quit while she's ahead.  She has a calm side but sure as I'm sitting here, she's wound up tighter than LisaV's girdle.

That's twice we've heard her say she went to an event (the other time was the cruise in Amsterdam) to get resolution. She's absolutely itching for a fight but for some reason Bravo didn't allow her to have it.  They let Lisa Rinna throw the glass when Eileen's throwin' finger was twitchy all season.  Another time she went looking for resolution was when she met LisaR for wine in Amsterdam.  I almost feel bad that she keeps trying so hard yet coming away without getting whatever it is she's looking for. 

She said at the end, "I came to this party looking for resolution.  And I'm not getting it.  It drives me crazy."  I don't think it's resolution she's looking for.

I'm glad you said it. I don't get the Eileen love. She's like the older sister that already went off to college and only comes home for Christmas. She doesn't really fit into this crowd and she's definitely not earning that paycheck. I probably wouldn't even have noticed if she just disappeared halfway through the season. I'm not drinking the koolaid and now that Rinna showed how fucking nutty she is, I think Eileen should gracefully bow out and quit while she's ahead.

• Love 3

Let me see...

Calling her a home wrecker.

Can't forget the wine thrown in Eileen's face at dinner.  Seems like Eileen didn't need to have too many incidents with Brandi to see her for what she is and to have negative feelings towards her. As for her wanting to put an end to anything or having resolutions, I think she doesn't know Brandi that well or else she would know it is a big, fat waste of time.

This might be totally insensitive, but I don't give a fuck if Brandi is or is not an alcoholic. In fact, I will be happy if I never hear the A-word or the I-word for the rest of my life. At the end of the day, Brandi is a certified asshole and it's probably an insult to chardonnays everywhere to insinuate that Brandi's disgraceful behaviour is fueled by wine and xanax. If she is an alcoholic, I truly hope she gets help, for the sake of her children. And if she's not, I also hope she gets help, for the sake of her children.

Not insensitive at all. I am with you. Throw in Kim in there as well. Addiction doesn't alway beget assholes. A lot of assholes become addicts.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 16

I know a couple of people like Brandi.. they can do and say whatever they want in the heat of the moment (they can't help it, of course), and when they are over whatever it is they were angry about, you have to be over it as well and pretend it never happened and unhear what horrible things were said. Sometimes there's an "unapology" - not taking responsibility, or maybe blaming you, or apologizing for your feelings, with no acknowledgement of the fact that they are why you feel that way. Usually there isn't even that, though. And when they need you, you better be there... because you're friends. Never mind the horrible things they've said/done, they need you, so be there. Narcissism at its best.

• Love 15

I would like to see Camille back. In comparison to other HWs - particularly Taylor and Kim - she seems relatively harmless but still able to bring a bit of drama. I am disappointed that she has gone the route of apologizing to Kyle about her comments regarding Faye Resnick - that's one pitbull I never want to see on my screen again - a deal breaker actually. Faye had only two modes - attack whomever Kyle wants attacked and blow smoke up Kyle's ass. Kyle needs to do her own dirty work - perhaps she fears that this season she has been a bit too transparent in letting her nastiness show.  I've also never heard of Faye making any conciliatory overtures to anyone else on the cast, which indicates to me that she would expect to come back on firmly in Kyle's camp as resident flunky/assassin.  Kyle's face on WWHL when she talked about Camille's apology reeked of arrogant self-satisfaction. 

Kim's use of two life-threatening circumstances (her own addiction and Monty's terminal cancer) to cement her role on the show makes me want to vomit. The scene of her and Monty doing their mutual admiration society bit at the finale struck me as his parting shot at trying to make her likable and desirable as a continuing cast member.  I, for one, have had enough of her one-note nastiness to last a life time. I can not come up with even one iota of sympathy for her.

I don't much care if Kyle stays or goes - I'm pretty used to ignoring her scenes except when unavoidable - until I hear of something occurring that I'd like to check out. She's just not important enough to have such an air of arrogant, entitled, holier-than-thou-ness. I found her little antic of 'showing off' on WWHL by wrapping one foot behind her neck to be particularly vulgar - and here I thought she'd learned her lesson with those horrendous splits. She, too, seems to be one who will do just about anything to draw attention to herself.

Somewhere after the season started, Brandi seemed to decide that as long as LisaV and Kyle were buds, there would be no room for Brandi & since Brandi desperately needs an important castie on her side, she went on a two sided war campaign - secure widdle Kim's affections (laughable since it is apparent to me that Kim is incapable of caring about anyone other than herself - including Monty) and worm her way back into LisaV's affections (and all the goodies that come along with that - case in point, Sheana). She still doesn't get it that you can't repeatedly shit on someone and then expect that person to welcome you back with open arms - note to Brandi 'Once bitten, twice shy' and ' Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me' didn't become well-known adages for nuthin'. And the oft spewed 'Forgive and forget' is the favorite motto of those who can't/won't be bothered to learn from their mistakes and change their behaviors, so they simply demand they be allowed to be shallow and nasty.

Loved Eileen all season, especially her cool-headed, calm and logical defense of herself and accurate recollections of who said what to whom. Truly hope she's back next season.

LisaR I have mixed feelings about - but the negative ones are mostly disappointment that she didn't come through for Eileen when she should have and that she never said those five very important words to Kim, 'you owe me an apology'. Still, there's a LOT about her I do like, so I'd be more than happy to see her back.

At this point, I can't imagine the show without LisaV - but things change and if she does leave to take advantage of less stressful, greener pastures, I certainly couldn't blame her. I wonder if, in such a case, Bravo  would still keep her in the picture by having a lot of HW stuff conveniently staged at VB/SUR/Pump. 

As for Yolanda, I liked her better this season, in spite of the eternal name-dropping. I just can't see that she has any sense of being at all pretentious when she does it. And since I am hungry for any and all travel destinations I can manage, she has made me want to hop on a plane to Amsterdam, and that is a good thing. I hope she will recover from her difficulties with Lyme disease, but unfortunately, that is not a one shot malady - unless I am mistaken, once you get it you are never truly free of it.

Can't wait for the reunion.

• Love 8

I was wondering if the reason why LisaR  accepted the apology/ smoothed things over in Amsterdam, and didn't back Kyle up at the party is because she was still afraid something would get brought up about her husband.

I think that's it. I doubt Kim really knows anything about Harry Hamlin, but Lisa has seen first hand how ugly, mean and vindictive Kim can be (and maybe there are things that Lisa R doesn't want aired, no problem with that - Kim doesn't want her problems aired either).  Kim's liable to blurt out anything she may think she knows whether it's true or not.  The truth means nothing to Kim (or her BFF).

And I don't blame Lisa R one bit for not interacting at the party because I don't think she wanted a scene, and Kim keeps telling everyone she doesn't want her (Kim's) issues discussed - yet Kim brings it up at the party.   And I doubt Kim would have believed Lisa anyway. Kim is a walking stick of dynamite and who would want it aimed at them?

Then, when Lisa does decide to interact, Kim brushes her away like she's the Queen of Everything.  I would be over Kim too.

• Love 7

So Quick Reply ate my post from last night soooo....I'm to lazy to o back 9 pages to find the quote but it was something like "When Brandi gets cornered she's not the truth cannon. She just shoots off her cannon". Which made me think of the discussion in Amsterdam about sex show.....and I has a horrible mental image of BG in a corner, legs spread, shooting ping pong balls out her hohaw machine gun style.  And hitting Kyle in the head with one. While she drinks vodka....out of the bottle.

• Love 5

It shouldn't because it is absurd. She is a completely selfish, narcissistic, bitch that lives in a fantasy world and/or drug haze. Either way, she has no idea of reality and she has shown herself more than ever this season to be a totally horrible person. Which is why I think she and Brandi deserve each other and are, in fact, a perfect. match. 

Kim is not an average person and anyone that truly thinks so, seriously needs a new set of friends and/or serious therapy.

That would have been my quote and my point was what was posted listed a bunch of average traits that because it's  Kim have somehow morphed into unacceptable. Things about being unreliable. Needing to have a backup if Kim is your go to etc. etc. Not being able to really lean on her. Not for nothing but if no one knows not one person who has displayed these traits then hey more power to you but I've been in the military so I've met a lot of different people so maybe being that well rounded I've got a larger scope of personalities to compare others to. To me there are annoying people with issues everywhere and there are people you do certain things with, ask certain favors of and expect a certain level of reliability. That's life and I think Kim falls in a realm of people that's not at all unique. I guess that's what I meant when I said average because to me she's not unique and I honestly believe depending on circumstances she probably wouldn't be too hard to get through a night with. I think, when dealing with Kim, it makes a big difference how emotionally stable and secure someone is.

• Love 5

If he was that close to death, I would expect her to be by his side.  Screw Bravo and filming the finale.  Some things are more important than attending a party with a bunch of raving lunatics.  Kyle's in a lose-lose situation with Kim.  All will be forgiven when Kim needs her again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So if she attends she must absolutely engage in bullshit? Just because she wasn't by his side doesn't diminish the health scare. She only has the right to be upset about it if she was by his side? I mean going to a party wanting to avoid anything too strenuous while dealing with those emotions doesn't sound too unreasonable to me. I mean yeah it's a reality show and all that but goodness. Does that mean all humanity goes out the window? Gives me the shivers.

• Love 3

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/brandi-glanville/brandi-you-cant-confirm-what

Apparently she was allowed at the hospital.   It was the finale night, and unlike some of these housewives, this IS a job for Brandi, and she needs the money.  Not showing up for the finale, really, taking a few hours away since it was her turn to have the boys anyway, seems reasonable to me.

Reasonable or not. She was there dealing with some really fucked up shit in her personal life and she decides that's not the best time for anyone whether it's a reality show or not to be in her face bothering her about stupid shit then hey that's her choice. I for one don't think she needs to concede to these women and not be allowed these emotions just because she's opted to participate in that function.

My impression was that Lisa didn't want to talk about Kim's sobriety (or lack there of) based on what happened in Amsterdam. She said she didn't want Lisa to talk about it and Kim was bringing up stuff that happened weeks ago (before Kim laid the smackdown). If I were Lisa, I would've just said, "Let's talk about this later." Or I would've just answered Kim's question and told her I was done with the subject. I don't understand why Kim gets to decide when and where these confrontations occur.

But she hasn't been able to decide that's the whole point. She's been bombarded and confronted with these "concerns" all season at very public and inopportune times.

• Love 5

I think Bravo forgot a few items for the Reunion BINGO cards...

"Who does that???"

"Glass Shards in my hair"

"Soap Opera"

"Friendship"

"God Damn House!"

As for Adrienne's "party"...I'm sorry but it looked so lame.  Aside from the human chandeliers and half naked waiters, it seemed to be a very empty space.  I think the venue was too big for the size of the crowd Bravo was able to rustle up and pay to show.. I was seeing the same people/bodies in the background over and over. It was as if they used a bunch of those "seat filler" people like they do for award shows to make the room/scene look crowded.  They must have dragged that lady with the dog all over the room to shoot scenes because I think I saw her more than Adrienne.  And if I were Adrienne I'd be pissed that Bravo used me and my latest shill as an excuse to get these idiots together in one room.  She probably thought she was going to get a lot of face time and PR for whatever the hell she's hawking this time.  But I don't think it was ever clearly announced or shown to the audience what the product was. And no one even watched her dumb magic act entrance! 

• Love 12

Why is playing a gay man "twice in a row!" a joke? Why is the fact that his last two roles have been gay men even worth mentioning? She seemed manic about it, with that OMG! Can you BELIEVE IT? delivery.

I felt it was odd.

Because Harry's acting career screeched to a halt back in the day over the movie he did about a gay character long before it was considered acceptable to portray a gay man. At the time, it was considered a huge mistake instead of ground breaking. Very different than today. Now, he's almost "working it" because that has now helped him earn these roles. It's the irony. Now, instead of it wrecking his career, it is giving him roles, but he's not taking them all, because he doesn't want to get typecast again. Mad Men was a huge score and put him back on the map. Not every TV actor has managed two huge roles in TV, especially after a big gap. There are few, irony again as Kelsey Grammar has made it big at least twice.

LALaw Harry was very hot. Mad Men is an incredible score for Harry. He's back.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 8

Because Harry's acting career screeched to a halt back in the day over the movie he did about a gay character long before it was considered acceptable to portray a gay man. At the time, it was considered a huge mistake instead of ground breaking. Very different than today. Now, he's almost "working it" because that has now helped him earn these roles. It's the irony. Now, instead of it wrecking his career, it is giving him roles, but he's not taking them all, because he doesn't want to get typecast again. Mad Men was a huge score and put him back on the map. Not every TV actor has managed two huge roles in TV, especially after a big gap. There are few, irony again as Kelsey Grammar has made it big at least twice.

LALaw Harry was very hot. Mad Men is an incredible score for Harry. He's back.

And quite awesome on Mad Men. He's the villain there, of course, but awesome acting job. I hope he's back in the shows Season Premiere  10 days 11 hours and 48 minutes. But who's counting? 

• Love 7

But she hasn't been able to decide that's the whole point. She's been bombarded and confronted with these "concerns" all season at very public and inopportune times.

What "bombardment"? LisaR/Eileen spoke to Kim 1 time only after the limo ride/poker party about their concerns with her sobriety or lack of until Amsterdam. Kyle asked Kim once if she was "Ok" at the wine tasting and that was it. Yes, LisaR spoke to others about her concerns as did Brandi (almost as much as LisaR did) but no one bombarded her or confronted her "all season" IMO.

• Love 11

What "bombardment"? LisaR/Eileen spoke to Kim 1 time only after the limo ride/poker party about their concerns with her sobriety or lack of until Amsterdam. Kyle asked Kim once if she was "Ok" at the wine tasting and that was it. Yes, LisaR spoke to others about her concerns as did Brandi (almost as much as LisaR did) but no one bombarded her or confronted her "all season" IMO.

Well I felt bombarded and it did hijack the season and I do recall Kim's presence more than a couple of times when it was addressed or brought up or was reference or questioned or implied.  Poker night revolved around that issue and any time it was referred to I count as bringing up the topic of Kim's "sobriety" because that was the whole underlying issue for all of the "needed" talks lunches, dinner resolutions, soul purges etc. The topic practically had it's own theme music.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 4

So if she attends she must absolutely engage in bullshit? Just because she wasn't by his side doesn't diminish the health scare. She only has the right to be upset about it if she was by his side? I mean going to a party wanting to avoid anything too strenuous while dealing with those emotions doesn't sound too unreasonable to me. I mean yeah it's a reality show and all that but goodness. Does that mean all humanity goes out the window? Gives me the shivers.

Well, yeah. If someone comes up to you and says, "I got your email" and you immediately start with the Anime eyes and saying "I can't do this", you should have stayed home.  There's nothing inhumane about talking about an email.  Lisa didn't even get a chance to yell at her before Brandi was all It's All Too Much...

It's utterly ridiculous.  

• Love 18

Well I felt bombarded and it did hijack the season and I do recall Kim's presence more than a couple of times when it was addressed or brought up or was reference or questioned or implied.  Poker night revolved around that issue and any time it was referred to I count as bringing up the topic of Kim's "sobriety" because that was the whole underlying issue for all of the "needed" talks lunches, dinner resolutions, soul purges etc. The topic practically had it's own theme music.

Were we bombarded? YES! LOL But Kim was not IMO.

Well, yeah. If someone comes up to you and says, "I got your email" and you immediately start with the Anime eyes and saying "I can't do this", you should have stayed home.  There's nothing inhumane about talking about an email.  Lisa didn't even get a chance to yell at her before Brandi was all It's All Too Much...

It's utterly ridiculous.  

Not to mention that the email was sent by Brandi while her father was in the hospital near death! Who sends an email to someone they are fighting with when their father is so very sick in the hospital in the first place?

• Love 10

Only halfway done with this episode and already feel ill. It is not 2006. Paris and Nicky Hilton as well as Bobby Trendy have been on my TV screen more than enough in my lifetime. I give two shits about the Hilton's. I've seen the racist comments, seen the hoo ha, the brain dead vapid Larry King interview. To quote Dave Grohl "Paris is a raging stupid party slut. I pray my daughter doesn't end up like her".  And boy i never noticed it before but when Paris was posing outside the book signing her profile was totally Kim. Long blonde hair, hook nose. Yikes. Kim stupidly used all the misguided goodwill attributed to her addictions and we are seeing the true her. Paris 1.0. Perhaps she was the OG raging party slut. Why the fuck is Nicky Hilton writing a book anyway.

OMG yes.

A couple things I did love about watching Paris preen.  She went from incredible overexposure to having her aunts be more relevant to pop culture than she is.  The other thing I enjoyed seeing is that Nicky is now actually better looking than Paris.  She looks fresher, less used.  Less plastic. I'm not sure why Nicky was wearing a dress that looked like Fall took a shit all over it while pimping her styling book.

• Love 5

I guess that's what I meant when I said average because to me she's not unique and I honestly believe depending on circumstances she probably wouldn't be too hard to get through a night with.

But you don't know what she goes through at night!

• Love 16

Were we bombarded? YES! LOL But Kim was not IMO.

Not to mention that the email was sent by Brandi while her father was in the hospital near death! Who sends an email to someone they are fighting with when their father is so very sick in the hospital in the first place?

The same person who takes a vacation to Australia while her father is in the hospital and then tweets from the beach in Australia her father has been sent back to the ICU and continues her Australian vacation for another four days.  I just can't with Brandi.  She is the one all season who has been trying to force hall passes down everyone's throats about Kim watching her ex die before her eyes.  Half the time Monty was in Las Vegas and Kim was either, so sick, in the hospital or vacationing in Amsterdam and after the filming stopped, vacationing in Cabo and Orlando. 

From Bryan J Moylan's Vulture blog regarding Brandi:  Everything is either no big deal at all, like when she slaps someone, or it's the biggest drama on the face of the Earth, like when she loses her dog.  Sure that is traumatic but there is no way multiple lives should be put to a standstill so that she can emotionally grasp it."

I think this line from Bryan sums up the entire season and the ridiculousness that is Kim Richards: ". . . who said what when and to whom instead of addressing the fact she took a pain pill and went to a poker night and behaved like an asshole and then wouldn't talk to about it to anyone."  I must say when Kyle brought up Kim's behavior on Poker Night all she could say was I am scared.  No Kim you are alive and you were an asshole and you need to apologize instead of attack.

Read the entire blog at:  http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-season-5-episode-19.html

• Love 15

To me the biggest breach to humanity was when Brandi screeched at Lisa V that her father was dying.  Adrienne's launch event / the finale was filmed on October 22 and here are some of Brandi's tweets from that timeframe:

Brandi Glanville @BrandiGlanville

Dads semi stable in ICU has some fluid in his lungs and doctors say it's gonna be a long hard road to recovery - thanks for all the prayers 21 Oct 2014

Please tune in to @IAmSteveHarvey tv show this THURSDAY! My new favorite person! 21 Oct 2014

Hi tweeples thanks for the kind words for pops! Also please go check out Brandi Glanville Home for fun tanks, hats,hoodies &signed books!! 22 Oct 2014

Edited by quinn
  • Love 10

Let me see...

Calling her a home wrecker.

Can't forget the wine thrown in Eileen's face at dinner.  Seems like Eileen didn't need to have too many incidents with Brandi to see her for what she is and to have negative feelings towards her. As for her wanting to put an end to anything or having resolutions, I think she doesn't know Brandi that well or else she would know it is a big, fat waste of time.

I also recall Eileen trying to talk to Brandi one on one about Brandi's snarky comments about Eileen's house and how it bothered Eileen because that was her family home or something along those lines.

Brandi pulled a haughty attitude and pretty much gazed off in the other direction.

I believe it was at Lisa Rinna's charity jewelry party.

Anyway, I thought Eileen did try to handle things in a direct manner with Brandi.

And all it led to was wine throwing and homewrecker accusations.  No surprise there.  

As you said, huge waste of time and energy to try to deal with Brandi in a rational, mature way.  

• Love 15

I'm really looking forward to the "Lost Footage" episode or whatever it's called.

And I'm hoping it's not just more Brandi/Kim fucknuttery.

I'm curious to see what else was going on in these women's lives that we might have seen more of if this season hadn't devolved into the Kim and Brandi and Substance Abuse Shenanigans show.  

• Love 11

OMG yes.

A couple things I did love about watching Paris preen.  She went from incredible overexposure to having her aunts be more relevant to pop culture than she is.  The other thing I enjoyed seeing is that Nicky is now actually better looking than Paris.  She looks fresher, less used.  Less plastic. I'm not sure why Nicky was wearing a dress that looked like Fall took a shit all over it while pimping her styling book.

I thought Nicky was better looking back when.  I prefer her with dark hair.  Paris was always over made up, the long skinny nose and the one wonky eye, and the vapid expressions. 

Humanity isn't going out of the window because Brandi has to pay for the consequences of her actions.

Yes, Brandi must engage in the bullshit that she's thrown at other people if she wants to interact with said people. 

There isn't anything wrong with Brandi being upset about her father. It's that she's using her father as an excuse for why she shouldn't have to take responsibility for her behavior this season. 

If she had no interest in interacting with the other cast members then she had no business attending the party. Brandi has to pay for her choices and she didn't want to miss the finale party even for the sake of her dad. That's fine, she needs the job, but we all know that the women are allowed to miss events. Brandi doesn't want to miss the finale because she doesn't want to miss out on camera time. Again, that's fine but she understands perfectly well that camera time = interacting with the other women. If she doesn't want to have to deal with the women being upset and frustrated with her during these interactions then she needs to stop treating people in ways where they'll *always* have issues with her. 

Brandi acts like this shit is all so unfair and complicated and it's really not. 

Having a seriously ill parent is a big deal.  Especially for Brandi since she has unresolved issues with her parents and a rocky relationship with her father.   HOWEVER, it doesn't give her a pass on everything she's ever done or said.  She is quite capable of emailing the group of HWs and letting them know that she is attending the finale but feels fragile because of her father's hospitalization and that she isn't up to any in-depth discussion of issues.  Because most of the women are generally empathetic and polite, they probably would have been understanding and as long as Brandi didn't go on attack, they'd have been gentle.  Instead Brandi only communicates with Yolanda before the event because Yolanda reached out to her.  Everyone else she lashes out on because it's their fault for not contacting Brandi to see if she has any issues going on.  Very self-centered.  Very victim minded.  She's an exhausting person to be around.

I wished she was choosen as full time instead of Brandi. I liked she was a fun girl, quirky and she did have Taylor's back when her world all kinds of horrid that season.

Dana/Pam is very much like Taylor with the drunken episodes and legal travails.  A sucker up for sure but not so nasty and vile like B.

• Love 3

I thought Nicky was better looking back when.  I prefer her with dark hair.  Paris was always over made up, the long skinny nose and the one wonky eye, and the vapid expressions. 

Having a seriously ill parent is a big deal.  Especially for Brandi since she has unresolved issues with her parents and a rocky relationship with her father.   HOWEVER, it doesn't give her a pass on everything she's ever done or said.  She is quite capable of emailing the group of HWs and letting them know that she is attending the finale but feels fragile because of her father's hospitalization and that she isn't up to any in-depth discussion of issues.  Because most of the women are generally empathetic and polite, they probably would have been understanding and as long as Brandi didn't go on attack, they'd have been gentle.  Instead Brandi only communicates with Yolanda before the event because Yolanda reached out to her.  Everyone else she lashes out on because it's their fault for not contacting Brandi to see if she has any issues going on.  Very self-centered.  Very victim minded.  She's an exhausting person to be around.

Dana/Pam is very much like Taylor with the drunken episodes and legal travails.  A sucker up for sure but not so nasty and vile like B.

Actually Brandi tweeted prior to the event that Lisa R and Kim had reached out to her and I believe Camille as well.  So I take Brandi's outburst with a grain of salt.  Had LvP, Kyle or Eileen reached out I am certain Brandi would have been screaming "hypocrites".  So either it was the fact that Yolanda texted her daily about her father or Brandi just forgets the truth.

I just have a hard time with Brandi she either suffers from a monumental case of ADHD or she is just soulless.  First she says she had to hurry back to her boys and instead goes to a party and drinks, makes an ass of herself and second while her father is still in the hospital she embarks on a week long vacation in Australia.  So how shook up was she that  she could one-go to a party instead of spending time with her boys after being away from them for days and two, go as far away from Sacramento as possible when her father was still hospitalized?  Something isn't right with this chick.  It makes me question exactly what her father had done-other than "multiple heart surgeries".

• Love 11

I actually cannot hate on Brandi for being at the Season Finale Party. I get that in this gig, this is a huge part of it. It reminds me so much of S3 when Adrienne and Paul's divorce stuff leaked out the same day as the finale party. She no doubt wanted to be anywhere else, but she really had little choice. Brandi, Yo and Lisa all commented that they would never have shown under such circumstances, and I thought that was shady because they knew the truth. Of course Adrienne handled it as badly as Brandi did, which is really the point at the end of the day. Adrienne could have come across as much more sympathetic, but she didn't even bother to greet her hostess, just sat in the living room crying. Brandi could have also come across as sympathetic, but instead she looked like a nutter, using her father's illness in a way that was less than flattering.

• Love 8