Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 03/23/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 3/23: Ronda Rousey, Tai Beauchamp, guest co-host Michelle Collins
Tu 3/24: Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Tim Gunn, guest co-hosts Alana de la Garza & Joy Behar
We 3/25: Valerie Jarrett, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, guest co-hosts Michelle Collins & Alicia Menendez
Th 3/26: Jeremy Piven, Tyrese, Bella Thorne, guest co-hosts Michelle Collins & Alicia Menendez
Fr 3/27: Elisabeth Moss, Derek Hough, Nastia Liukin, Mario Cantone, guest co-hosts Barbara Walters & Joy Behar

Interesting... Whoopi rants about anonymous people on the internet..... she says if people want to say something they should have to put out who they are.... which is it Whoopi... should people be required to prove who they are before they speak..... or do you not care like you have been saying for months??

• Love 13

I just put this on at noon to watch for the first time in over a month because even though I still read this forum on a regular basis, I really miss contributing to it.  And I can't contribute if I don't watch.  Well, my watching lasted all of 10 minutes.  Why is everybody so LOUD?  They are all YELLING at each other.  One of them yells out something and then another one interrupts them and YELLS over them and all we are left with is 4 or 5 voices screaming at us.  With Whoopi's voice being the loudest, of course.  I don't know who said it but when she was bitching about the anonymous bullies on the internets and how she'd like to see their faces to see if they were "any better than she is" before reading what they had to say, one of the table morons says in the background, "Nobody's better than you!"  So I see the hour long tongue bathing of The Great Egot is still alive & well.  It makes me really sad that this is what this show has become.  I can't even hate-watch it anymore. 

• Love 16

Interesting... Whoopi rants about anonymous people on the internet..... she says if people want to say something they should have to put out who they are.... which is it Whoopi... should people be required to prove who they are before they speak..... or do you not care like you have been saying for months??

Uh oh. Did whoops find out that my real name is NOT backformore?

• Love 10

Gee, Nicolle didn't know that Ted Cruz was born in Canada? I guess she doesn't read up much on Republicans. (Unfortunately, since his mother was a US citizen, he can run for president.)  I will be happy that the issue will come up though, since Obama has had to put up with those birther fools for so long. Her argument that he is part Cuban and Cubans sometimes exaggerate is so stupid.  Rosie had a good comeback. What's that got to do with ignoring science?

• Love 6

I'm assuming Mr. Cruz's decision to launch his campaign from Liberty University means he won't be extending an olive branch to Muslim Americans and other marginalized citizens any time soon.

Oh, Nicolle. I thought the GOP mantle of feigned ignorance died with Ronald Reagan. You aren't a stupid woman so why act like one?

• Love 8

Oh really Nicole Whoopi never has brain farts? Her cackling is unbearable.

I remember peaches when I was growing up being larger than a soft ball, tomatoes too (my dad worked at a cannery in CA) so once again Whoopi knows not what she is talking about. But then again when I was growing up wrestling was FAKE.  How narrow is the View audience that is interested in Rosie's sports obsessions?

Mercy the bargain segment was a noisy mess with Nicole inserting and screaming over her "friend" , Can you take that bag with you on a plane trip this weekend with your son or is that frowned upon by ABC?  wish she still had twitter I would ask her to stop screaming.

Yah Roger good to see you!!.

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 6

Milk-Eyed Mender, do you think Nicolle blurts out things before she thinks, or is it a calculated behavior so that the viewing public thinks she's just a simple mommy of a three year old who doesn't do much outside reading or listening to news? I can't figure the objective of her acting so dumb. I don't get up early enough to see her on Morning Joe when she's a guest so I don't know what her persona is there. 

• Love 4

I don't buy for a minute that political junkie Nicolle is not familiar with Ted Cruz's background unless her former boss GWB is even dumber than I thought.  

And count me among the dumb ones. I always thought it was Geddie pushing this agenda. Obviously, it goes higher up. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 6

Notice that Nicholle fakes ignorance with "scandalous" Republicans..... those Republicans she supports or their issues.... well she is an expert on that information..... she "didn't know" Cruz was Canadian.... she "didn't know" about Hobby Lobby or Chick - Fil - A ...... makes me wonder if her "outrage" about Sarah Palin is real or just more Right wing fakery.

• Love 6

I'm assuming Mr. Cruz's decision to launch his campaign from Liberty University means he won't be extending an olive branch to Muslim Americans and other marginalized citizens any time soon.

Oh, Nicolle. I thought the GOP mantle of feigned ignorance died with Ronald Reagan. You aren't a stupid woman so why act like one?

Shoot, Milk-eyed Mender, I don't think Cruz extended an olive branch to me and I'm a Methodist. How did Nicolle not know about his Canadian birth when I, who could not care less, knew about it? 

• Love 6

There just isn't anyone on the show that will push back against Right wing talking points....... there really is no redeeming factor for the show any more... kind of a bummer.... Ya really gotta wonder what the Presidential race will be like if all we have are Right wing support.

• Love 5

How did Nicolle not know about his Canadian birth when I, who could not care less, knew about it?

She knew. She lied. She's Republican, so lying for no good reason is mandated.

I watched today hoping for Joy. No Joy, thus no joy. Pointless suffering. I applaud you brave souls who watch/report daily.

• Love 10

I'll never like that "gotta pee" stance that Women on TV (runways, talk shows, fashion shows, etc.) are taking as their standard model pose.  Nicolle definitely couldn't pull it off today.  She looked like the moment the camera was off she would rush to the ladies room.

• Love 4

Why did no one mention that since Ted Cruz's mother is American it's allright about his citizenship, but Obama's mother is American and it was a big hoopla?  As someone from Texas, I can only hope he will make as big a bonehead of himself as Rick Perry did and it will all be for nothing.  Sometimes I am so ashamed to be from Texas.

I think Teddy's in the clear because Mother Cruz did not defile herself by lying naked with an accursed descendant of Ham in the land of the false prophet or something. Check with Leviticus or Donald Trump for more information. :)

• Love 9

Also, Barack Obama was born in Hawaii, which I believe is in the USA. Of course, his birth announcement in the paper at the time and Hawaii birth records must be bogus, because there was a conspiracy involved. :)

• Love 3

The show today was better than I expected. Nicolle definitely talked the most and her voice verged on shrieky, but no screaming and no Whoopi pontificating and dominating every topic. I’m guessing it has more to do with the 4,000 episode celebration forcing everyone to be on their best behavior.

Nicolle really has become Elisabeth since I stopped watching regularly. The cold, plastered smile during the Modern Family actor’s interview, never letting any topic fail to come back to politics (bringing up White House security during the topic about leaving a job/role behind). That little comment she made after the video with the girl, about how it was adult and truthful, and how those qualities are rare in “the new generation…” It isn’t hard to look at Nicolle and see that being adult and truthful is just as rare--if not more so--in her generation.

Of course I loved seeing Joy again, and I’m glad she got to be on a live show without Barbara there at the same time. I wish they’d bring her back to counter Nicolle. Maybe it’s just me, but Whoopi doesn’t seem to express as many nonsensical opinions when she’s there. It would be interesting to see the interaction between Nicolle and Joy play out on a daily basis considering how hard Nicolle has been trying to take over the BFF role.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5

I didn't really pay attention today but did note that Nicole was wearing the same dress that Tamron Hall had on the Today Show this morning.  I only noticed because I thought it was gorgeous.

• Love 1

Did I miss it, or did Whoopi not introduce Joy & the guest co-host at the beginning of the show.

The Proverb:  Familiarity Breeds Contempt really applies to me when I look at Whoopi & anytime she opens her big, stupid mouth.  (Like, really?  The school is going to listen to her & give the boy who insulted Mo'Ne (sp?) another chance?)

• Love 4

Maybe it’s just me, but Whoopi doesn’t seem to express as many nonsensical opinions when she’s (Joy's) there.

I suspect it's because Whoopi knows that Joy isn't going to put up with her crap and Joy isn't afraid to rock the boat or fight back or state what her opinions are.

• Love 11

Can we please have Joy back? She was trying to be nice and polite because she was a guest but she was able to shut Nicole up about something Nicole was spewing about Bush. It was an excellent retort and I need that if Cackles is going to get to keep shrieking.

I don't mind anything Whoopi wears because I'm a woman out for comfort but sheesh, that schmatta she wears on her head looks like a discarded, old, dirty potato sack. It doesn't have to be beat up and dirty gray.

• Love 8

Can we please have Joy back? She was trying to be nice and polite because she was a guest but she was able to shut Nicole up about something Nicole was spewing about Bush. It was an excellent retort and I need that if Cackles is going to get to keep shrieking.

I don't mind anything Whoopi wears because I'm a woman out for comfort but sheesh, that schmatta she wears on her head looks like a discarded, old, dirty potato sack. It doesn't have to be beat up and dirty gray.

Oh Joy...My Joy!

The contrast of Whoopi sitting next to Tim Gunn was blinding.  What a polished, together man he is, and he's too much of a gentleman to call out another in public.  I can only imagine his thoughts...

While driving today, I turned on the Rush Limbaugh Show (puh-leese don't judge - I like to hear when the other side goes off the rails) and an older man phoned in to critique Nicolle.  Limbaugh basically called her a faux-Republican , and chided her performance both in the Bush White House and on The View.  From his discourse, it sounds like the Repugs no longer acknowledge her now that she's lost her Bush connections.  It was interesting, in a Limbaugh sorta' way.

• Love 3

I think it was when Joy deflated Nicolle with throwing out ...and now the dollar is stronger than ever since Bush. Hee!

Nope, WG didn't introduce Joy....she definitely didn't want a repeat of the audience going wild when 

RO came out. 

• Love 6

I think it was when Joy deflated Nicolle with throwing out ...and now the dollar is stronger than ever since Bush. Hee!

I loved that they went right to commercial and Nicolle didn't get a chance to respond. 

I haven't watched the show in weeks but I couldn't resist tuning in for the combination of Joy, Tim Gunn, and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. Whoopi was more subdued than she was last time I watched and I agree that it was probably due to Joy being there. The glare off her glasses was awful.  Is that something new?  I don't remember ever noticing it before.

Nicolle is something else.  I wish her face would have frozen into that expression she was making when she was spouting off about classes being mandatory in college when they were discussing Ted Cruz.   They were only three or four minutes into the show when she had to drag politics into the discussion about Madonna wanting to visit the White House.   Her standing up and clapping while Jesse and Tim were tying the ties drove me nuts too because it was so forced.  If her goal in life was to morph into Bitsy, I think she's accomplished it with her weird facial expressions, shrieking, and ass kissing.

That said, I do plan to tune in and Friday to see Joy and Mario.

• Love 6

Why did no one mention that since Ted Cruz's mother is American it's allright about his citizenship, but Obama's mother is American and it was a big hoopla?  As someone from Texas, I can only hope he will make as big a bonehead of himself as Rick Perry did and it will all be for nothing.  Sometimes I am so ashamed to be from Texas

Boy I could have sworn that either the guest co host or RP said that if your mom is a US citizen you are one as well regardless of where you are born.

That led to the comment about Hawaii being a state when Obama was born - Joy got a few digs in there as well.

I tuned in today for the second time since RO left because I love Joy.  I am undecided on Friday because I truly can't take BW, my Joy love is not strong enough to stand the BW show.

Great to see Joy again, great guests in Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Tim Gunn.  Also liked the guest host whose name I had not recognized.

I saw in person what you all have been reporting on the NW front - - there is literally no conversation she will not attempt to highjack and her voice has all the appeal of eating broken glass - yikes, even without Whoopi's antics, she is enough to keep me away and it has nothing to do with her politics!

• Love 8

Not introducing Joy and the other guest was jarring--I thought she might do it after the break, but no.

When Whoopi seemed unimpressed by the Madonna comments/topic, but hadn't actually commented, Joy asked her "why the face" as in, what is it you want to say, we can tell you have an issue.  Whoopi handled it okay.  If Rosie O had said that, Whoopi would have freaked.  Joy was very skilled at handling that crew.  Even her planned jokes went well.  And btw, she really looked fantastic.

Nicholle is officially  a disaster, and yes, she is as bad as Bitsy.

• Love 10

The guest cohost was an actress who used to be on All My Children. I'm sure she's done something else since then though.

I recognized her from Law and Order, but yes, she was Rosa on AMC!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alana_de_la_Garza

I thought she looked familiar, but couldn't place her.  It was sure nice of Whoopi to introduce her (NOT) & ask about her children, husband & new series.  Geesh/blech!!

No kidding, usually Whoopi introduces everyone as the "fabulous" or the "amazing" so and so.  I guess she didn't want to say that about Joy.

• Love 4

I don't think Tim Gunn was embarrassed to be sitting next to Whoopi, especially because she wrote a blurb for his new book. A lot of people in the business seem to respect and even - gasp! - like her.

I hope she and Rosie P. both comment tomorrow on Cruz' decision to apply to the Federal Healthcare Exchange - Obamacare! Nicolle must be up all night planning her counter-arguments.

• Love 2

Joy and the guest host were introduced in the intro - I noticed they have added the guest hosts there instead of Whoopi trying to pronounce their names.  Rude. 

Ha! Perfect description whydoiwatchtv! I'm thinking Tim Gunn is going to have nightmares over Whoopi's get up (and posture) today.   Poor Tim.   I did love Nicolle's dress though. 

And speaking of Cackles, I think she's far more irritating than Bitsy because Nicolle knows better.  Nicolle is just generally smarter than Bitsy for one thing, but she also has the credentials, the education, and the experience to be a smart funny woman on TV.  Why she's decided to dumb down and kiss up (to Whoopi) is beyond me but unlike Bitsy - she isn't even entertaining.   Watching Elisabeth trying to pretend she knew anything about politics was far more snarkable for me than watching/listening to Nicolle pretend she doesn't know anything about anything else.  

• Love 8

Joy and the guest host were introduced in the intro - I noticed they have added the guest hosts there instead of Whoopi trying to pronounce their names.  Rude. 

Oh.  I barely watch the show, so I sure don't watch the intro, but good for them trying to prevent Whoopi from butchering the intros.

• Love 2
If her goal in life was to morph into Bitsy, I think she's accomplished it with her weird facial expressions, shrieking, and ass kissing.

Sometimes I think she's auditioning to be a contestant on a game show...maybe "Family Feud."  Good answer!  Good answer! (even when the answer is ridiculous).

• Love 4

Oh.  I barely watch the show, so I sure don't watch the intro, but good for them trying to prevent Whoopi from butchering the intros.

That must takes a great burden off Whoopi's shoulders. Learning the names of non-EGOTs is very stressful for her, I'd imagine.

• Love 6

I hope they are not considering Michelle Collins ( the tall lady with long hair and bangs) as a permanent co-host because she is a comedienne, but I don't find her funny, and I don't see that she adds much to the conversation. I wish they could bring Joy back permanently because she could fire out those zingers and add some punch to the conversations. Rosie O could do that too, but they suppressed her so much that she couldn't be her normal self.

• Love 6

Yesterday, Whoopi interrupted RosieP who was trying to tell a story about a traumatic role she had in a movie with Havier Bardem, only to talk about a role she played that impacted her negatively for months after.  Funny, Whoopi didn't name the movie.  GAWD!!

Also, I wonder if the producers are telling Whoopi to be more welcoming to the audience???  She seems to be making an effort lately.

• Love 5

I didn't phrase my sttement about Cruz's citizenship very well.  All I was referring to was the fact that no one mentioned this aspect of citizenship when Obama was having trouble with the Birthers.  All of us seemed to realize he was born in America, but Trump stirred up trouble nevertheless.....

Yes, and when Obama was running, there was endless discussion that the constitution said a presidential candidate has to be a "natural born citizen." The debate was whether "natural born" meant born in the country, or being a citizen since birth. And, yes, even with proof that Obama was born in Hawaii, the whole thing was said to be a cover up since he was born in Kenya, and a citizen, but not a natural born citizen, and there for not eligible to run. Of course, with Cruz they don't want to bring up the whole debate about the meaning of natural born. He's not only republican, he's also white.

• Love 3

What did Whoopi mean when she said "roll that beautiful bean footage" when referring to the ted cruz/obamacare clip? Bean? Ted cruz is latino. Was she being racist? and with RP sitting at the same table.

Or am i misconstruing what she said?

Hahahaha!  That Whoopi, she's such a pro.  Except not at all.  

I didn't see the show today and I'm guessing she didn't mean anything racist by it but still - a very poor choice of words.  

• Love 4