Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 03/23/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Yep, it's from the Bush's baked beans commercial. It's a running joke in my family...nothing to do with race. It's just a wisecrack way to make an announcement. Sounds like Whoopi said it in that context. (Haven't actually watched yet)

• Love 1

when Sen Obama was running, no one ever mentioned that if  his mother was born in the U.S., then he was also a citizen! All anyone talked about was where he was born.  I know it was all a  smokescreen for him being black but for  goodness sakes, at least one of the tea partiers or Republicans  could speak up!  All of a sudden, no onoe even blinks an eye that Ted Cruz is a Canadian!   WTF!

• Love 5

After all this time, I was still shocked at the way Nicolle attacked Valerie Jarrett about Hillary's emails. I doubt VJ had much to do with the State Department's technology, and she wasn't there to talk about that particular non-issue. Clinton is no longer at the State Department, and VJ is under no obligation to discuss her private/official communications. 

Is she just going to strike at every political "opponent" who comes on the show? I'm thinking back to the guest who was trying to make a serious point (I think she was a doctor?) when Cackles shrieked about her toned arms, just to derail the conversation. 

She's a sneaky one. 

• Love 10

It all goes back to... IOKIYAR.

See: Cheney and Bush starting a war with the wrong country - Ben Gazi! has nuttin' on that.
See:  Karl Rove missing (deleted) emails

See: AG Alberto Gonzales missing (deleted) emails

See: Jeb Bush's personal email server

See: Senator McCain being born in Panama

The reason that the DumpTruck is being pissy about Cruz, is that Cruz appeals to the same low-info demographic that DumpTruck does.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 4

Note to Rosie - there have been MORE than 10 diverse shows on tv over the years....good grief. Put your hands away and make your point without the stupidity. And STOP with the Honey....honey....

I that's right WG - I said it!

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 6

Hi old friends!

I watched Tues show on hulu only 15 min so far. And I kind of enjoyed it. It helped that Joy was there. It was only 15 min I'm gonna try to watch the rest later.

Just wanted to pop in and wave hi ;)

• Love 4

I didn't phrase my sttement about Cruz's citizenship very well. All I was referring to was the fact that no one mentioned this aspect of citizenship when Obama was having trouble with the Birthers. All of us seemed to realize he was born in America, but Trump stirred up trouble nevertheless.

Way to go on continuity of guests. They had the gorgeous Ioan Gruffudd on a few months ago - talked about Forever - and didn't mention yesterday that Alana is the other lead in the show. I hate science fiction of most every kind, but Forever is our new favorite show of the year. It has a sweetness that makes you forget the improbability of the story. The two of them have a nice chemistry, and his chemistry with Judd Hirsch is wonderful. Ioan plays Judd's father - if that gives you a clue about the plot....

Forever is one of my new favorite shows too. I just love it.
  • Love 1

I'm going to watch again tomorrow but I'm dreading seeing BW.  She looked so old and frail the last few times she was on.  RO was so good with her and I wonder how she's going to be without her.  I'm guessing Joy will step up and help her along.  I can't imagine any of the others doing it. 

• Love 6

Did I miss it, or did Whoopi not introduce Joy & the guest co-host at the beginning of the show.

The guest co-hosts are now introduced in the show opening by the manic announcer.  She stopped doing intros when RosieO departed and they re-cut the opening montage to feature the guest co-hosts.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1

I tuned in for one moment to see Barbara Walters grilling Elizabeth Moth (tee hee) on what will happen to her character on Mad Men-"Will she have a happy ending?" Will she have or adopt children? (My feminist husband quickly noted-"So having children is a happy ending?") Then Nicole has to stop the interview to let Moth (can't stop it) know that she DVRs the episodes and secretly watches and then lies to her husband about it-how many times has she said this to a guest now? Shut up, Nicole. Nobody cares. (Ok-I don't care-tell us about more interesting lies you tell your husband)

JPexfactor said it best "What a pile of poop.."

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 8

Oooh...looking forward to meeting this Elizabeth Moth woman.  LOL

Nicolle.,.. honey, honey, honey, if Hollywood "ties your brains up in knots" then why the fuck are you in the entertainment industry?  Does it appeal to somebody out there to have a person on a show about issues, and entertainment, continually to (claim to) have no knowledge of those things?  Does it appeal to somebody to have a harpy scream "Don't email.  I don't care."?  Obviously me, because I PvR this crap every day.  I would like it a lot better if reveling in ignorance wasn't the look of the day.

• Love 10

I agree....today's show was boring. I did, however, get in a few chuckles-

Nicolle saying when she worked in the White House she would watch the show and go to the Oval Office and advise Bush they talked about him-   sigh

Fallon saying something and including "Rosie and the other person....." Hee!  The expression on NW's face was priceless.

• Love 6

Thanks to those who gave me a heads-up about Joy being on today. Watched. Not enough Joy, but so very good to see her. Her presence is sorely missed by me. Her being there made The View's current state of being "a pile of poop" (thanks poster above) even more obvious.

General notes:

- Thought I'd like Nicolle in the beginning (what will the shared Palin-hate), but she's awful. In every way.

- Weird. Babs had a calming effect for me today. Never thought I'd say that.

- You guys are funny, and so on target.

• Love 4

I caught snippets, but for a show that was taped and presumably edited or at least subject to editing, today's big 4000th seemed rough. They could've done a much better job. The game show bit was a big fail. And Mario was way too manic for a lot of his appearances on the show.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 6

Did I hear Whoopi say the show wasn't about the guests but the post.  Or loosely so.  I was watching at work and thus may have heard wrong. Typical of her , though, to think she's the most important part of the show.

She said it was not about the guest but the hosts.............WTF??? Really you pine for good guests in the beginning and it's about the hosts. I don't think so.

• Love 3

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it before, but star Whoppi also called Jesse Tyler Ferguson, John Tyler Ferguson at the mf of his interview. She is just so lazy and remknds us all the Ike that she doesn't care what we think!

• Love 1

And apparently a whole bunch of us don't care what she thinks either - Hee!  Gosh, I miss Rosie O. - the only capable, competent host and the one who brought interesting things to the table.

I so enjoyed the new View, but I think everything good about that is gone.

• Love 7

She said it was not about the guest but the hosts.............WTF??? Really you pine for good guests in the beginning and it's about the hosts. I don't think so.

It's been about the hosts from the start. Though, to be fair, I have probably only watched a half-dozen episodes all the way through.  The Host Chat/Hot Topics are all I have cared about for 18 years. I only tape the first 32 minutes, since HT usually lasts three segments.  The interviews have always been worthless. I just have never seen the value in a 4-minute interview of anyone (on any show, for that matter).  As Babs pointed out, the HT went from 5 minutes to nearly 35 minutes in most episodes. In the early days, they desperately needed guests. The lack of guests allowed the HT (and the cast chemistry) to grow and grow.  

• Love 1
She is just so lazy and reminds us all the Ike that she doesn't care what we think!

I assume this has been Whoopi's method all her life.  For some silly reason, she HIT the showbiz jackpot somewhere and her lack of caring about anyone but herself was overlooked.

• Love 3

Yeah....about the guests......they are rarely treated well. BW was always about the get, and most co-hosts about the sex.

Example - this week I saw Jeremy Privens on Today and also The Chew, as well as this show. He was teriffic except for this show. 

• Love 4

What seemed thrown together about the 4000 episode, to me, was the fact that the only people who seemed to have recorded messages about it were the few guests they had had earlier in the week.  It was like, "Oh, and can you say something about our 4000 episode Jason Biggs and JT Ferguson?  K, Thanks."

• Love 6