Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

(edited)

The investigation will take months. If they aren't already producing the next season, then the current season that we are watching now could be Thomas' last appearance on the show.

I wonder if Ashley is part of Thomas' PR campaign - as in, he knew the allegations were coming quite a while ago, so he went and got a girlfriend. It's probably an arrangement that provides benefits to both of them.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

If it is about Thomas, it is no surprise.  Even Bravo can't continue to employ an alleged assaulter.  Now when will Sonja Morgan get the boot?  I don't find her constant sexual harrassment to be cute.  It hasn't risen to the level of rape of course, but it's off-putting and a double standard if not dealt with, imo.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 8

I’m betting it is Thomas. Which means Ashley is shit out of luck for being back on the show. And possibly Kathryn also. Thomas was set up to be the “star” of this show, it may all go down the toilet without him. Because Shep cannot carry the show. At all.

• Love 4

If TRav is convicted of a crime then what’s going to happen to the children. Has Kathryn been sober and clean enough for a judge to award her custody if he is jailed? If she does get them she might have another problem. Can someone in jail pay child support? I’d hate to see them becoming wards of the state. No telling then if they would remain together. They haven’t always had the most stable life and upbringing. Wow. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

If TRav is convicted of a crime then what’s going to happen to the children. Has Kathryn been sober and clean enough for a judge to award her custody if he is jailed? If she does get them she might have another problem. Can someone in jail pay child support? I’d hate to see them becoming wards of the state. No telling then if they would remain together. They haven’t always had the most stable life and upbringing. Wow. 

Sounds like they have a new custody arrangement now that she completed all the phases in the last one. https://people.com/tv/southern-charm-kathryn-dennis-thomas-ravenel-good-place-custody/  I wonder if he now pays child support since the kids spend more time with her?

Were Thomas to be sent back to prison, he definitely has income/assets that can be used to pay support, so he'd to continue to pay if it's been ordered.

I'm really curious what Bravo & the show's production company Haymaker are going to do.  Recently, we've seen other networks/shows distance themselves from people for far less than what Thomas has been accused of. 

• Love 9
(edited)
19 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Thomas has already been paying child support, based on the state's guidelines.

He stopped when he got full custody. It was actually Kathryn bitching about it not being enough and refusing to let Thomas see the kids that had him go to court that lead to her losing custody.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

It was actually Kathryn bitching about it not being enough and refusing to let Thomas see the kids that had him go to court that lead to her losing custody.

Classic flawed baby mama think.

• Love 2
(edited)

I know it's St. Kitts, but a 31-yr old vacationing with his parents and college-aged sister?  Somebody needs to cut the apron strings.  I think I stopped vacationing with my parents when I was 15.

Screenshot (29).png

• Love 2

I follow Shep on Facebook, out of morbid curiosity more than anything else. He posts lots of photos of him and his friends out doing things. None of his friends are cast members from the show. I get the distinct impression he is distancing himself from them. A couple of years ago he’d post funny pictures of him with Cam or Whitney, Thomas, etc. 

Not anymore. 

• Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

None of his friends are cast members from the show.

Austin and Whitney frequently show up in his InstaStories when not filming (Whitney less so because he isn’t in Charleston that often but Shep also visits him in LA). Craig and Cam also make appearances.

Ashley is in his IS right now and he is telling people to be nice to her.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

Ashley looks really extra thin, like she has lost weight since filming the show. 

Stress?

As far as Thomas Ravenel being possibly fired from So Charm, I have also noticed that he has yet to appear on Watch What Happens live this season.

Normally he'd be one of the first ones on to promote the new season. Yeah, I think something's up. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

So there’s a third allegation of abuse against TRav?! Hadn’t heard about this one.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2018/05/22/amy-feinstein-interviews-luzanne-otte-about-her-experiences-with-thomas-ravenel/

That’s the most fascinating story just because Luzanne actually started out running the @welovepatriciaaltchul Instagram account as a Patricia fan—-Pat was so touched and impressed with her that they got close and became friends. Soon Luzanne was invited to stay with Patricia and met various cast members along the way, but obviously she and Thomas weren’t quite a true love connection...interesting story and I completely believe her side of it, especially given all these other similar allegations against him and the fact that Patricia isn’t his friend anymore.

Luzanne is quite educated and seems very kind and level-headed; it sucks that she somehow got dragged into T-Rav’s messy affairs but I’m glad she got this story out there. He’s a nutjob.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

That’s the most fascinating story just because Luzanne actually started out running the @welovepatriciaaltchul Instagram account as a Patricia fan—-Pat was so touched and impressed with her that they got close and became friends. Soon Luzanne was invited to stay with Patricia and met various cast members along the way, but obviously she and Thomas weren’t quite a true love connection...interesting story and I completely believe her side of it, especially given all these other similar allegations against him and the fact that Patricia isn’t his friend anymore.

Luzanne is quite educated and seems very kind and level-headed; it sucks that she somehow got dragged into T-Rav’s messy affairs but I’m glad she got this story out there. He’s a nutjob.

I believe her too. This quote from the article I posted is really creepy:

“He seemed fixated on his ex, Kathryn Dennis, and wondering why she hadn’t failed a drug test, sounding hopeful that she would. Thomas spoke out in public saying it would be better off if she overdosed. He continued to say horrific things about Kathryn and her mother that I found chilling.”

• Love 8

Um, that photo of Austin and his sister? We still vacation with our children and grandchildren and have a ball with each other. However. No one in our family has ever worn a bikini bottom like the one sister is wearing in the pool with her brother. Or with anyone else in our family. I don’t care what the Kartrashians are wearing, that’s just tacky and gross. Put some clothes on, sister.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

We still vacation with our children and grandchildren and have a ball with each other. However. No one in our family has ever worn a bikini bottom like the one sister is wearing in the pool with her brother. Or with anyone else in our family. I don’t care what the Kartrashians are wearing, that’s just tacky and gross. Put some clothes on, sister.

Same here, we have a beach house and invite our kids and their spouses and their brothers and sisters and their children, plus our grandkids, the in laws, and close friends and their extended family. We do have a great time and we do dress appropriately. Kind of common sense. Of course, we don’t splash ourselves all over SM either. *Shrugs*

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm 35 (and single) and vacation almost every year with my parents.  And at least every other year with my brother's family.  I have also been included on vacations with my parents and their friends.  Nothing wrong about that at all.  And If I didn't then I'd be stuck at home doing nothing because all of my friends only vacation with their own families as well! 

If Thomas loses custody I think Kathryn is stable enough to gain full custody.  I think she's had to be an even hotter mess than she was before to have her children be forced to go elsewhere. 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 9

Someone told me this... Thomas and Ashley have been feeding them stories. They've been on a smear campaign against that Luzanne woman or whatever her name is. Also they've sent stories in about Kathryn. The other day they threatened Kathryn. Pretty much told her if she said one word about Thomas they'd bury her.

He’s just asking to be thrown under the jail.

• Love 8
On 5/29/2018 at 1:27 PM, gunderda said:

I'm 35 (and single) and vacation almost every year with my parents.  And at least every other year with my brother's family.  I have also been included on vacations with my parents and their friends.  Nothing wrong about that at all.  And If I didn't then I'd be stuck at home doing nothing because all of my friends only vacation with their own families as well! 

If Thomas loses custody I think Kathryn is stable enough to gain full custody.  I think she's had to be an even hotter mess than she was before to have her children be forced to go elsewhere. 

I'm 60 and up until 2 years ago we shared 4 generation vacations with my parents, siblings, our kids and grand kids. 

Best memories ever and every generation had a great time. We rented and shared homes in Florida very close to each other and were together every day. I'm so grateful and happy that my grandchildren and my parents (their great grand parents) were able to experience those wonderful times!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, scrb said:

What is Haymaker TV, is that Whitney's production company?

Who's making death threats, Thomas or Haymaker TV?

Yes.

Thomas and Ashley, threatening that Luzanne woman and Kathryn. I cannot believe these two!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, scrb said:

What is Haymaker TV, is that Whitney's production company?

Who's making death threats, Thomas or Haymaker TV?

15 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Yes.

Thomas and Ashley, threatening that Luzanne woman and Kathryn. I cannot believe these two!

Haymaker produces Southern Charm, but isn't owned by Whitney. They produce more than just Southern Charm and its spinoffs.

https://www.eonline.com/news/847779/how-southern-charm-became-the-sleeper-hit-of-bravo

http://www.haymakercontent.com

• Love 1
On 5/27/2018 at 5:32 AM, biakbiak said:

I don’t think that is weird at all. Lots of families enjoy spending time together. I still go on at least one vacation rvey year or year and a half with my parents and sisters family and it has nothing to do with purse strings and a lot of my friends also do that.

Yeah, I love family vaca's.....no matter the age.  

• Love 5

Never going to be here for it. Saint looks like he is worried about being stepped on.

Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

If he wasn't such a dick, I would love this.

Why does she get a pass?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Never going to be here for it. Saint looks like he is worried about being stepped on.

Why does she get a pass?

I personally give her a pass because she is actually making an effort to grow up and be a better parent, unlike Thomas.

• Love 18
58 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I personally give her a pass because she is actually making an effort to grow up and be a better parent, unlike Thomas.

She literally nearly stepped on her son and didn’t appear to acknowledge his presence even in the additional photos. 

How is she a better parent than Thomas based on that video? I was assuming she was trying to not get involved with him again but it just screams damage control given the charges against him.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She literally nearly stepped on her son and didn’t appear to acknowledge his presence even in the additional photos. 

How is she a better parent than Thomas based on that video? I was assuming she was trying to not get involved with him again but it just screams damage control given the charges against him.

I couldn’t agree more. If Kathryn wasn’t drugged on whatever she’s taking to curb her drinking, she’d not be caught dead in a video like this with Thomas. She’d distance herself, and her children, as far away from him as she could get.

• Love 2

I don't know..while I wish Kathryn would NOT hang with Thomas, I kind of get that she would like for the kids to see both of their parents getting along. Aside from the insanity that is Thomas dancing, I thought it was kind of cute. I really don't get from that short video how it could be drug induced; seems like Kathryn had too much rhythm for that, and just seemed to be having fun (God forbid.) Thomas on the other hand......

• Love 18
17 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I might've missed something, but there's space between her and Saint in the picture that was published, attached to your comment.  I don't get why everyone's upset, so I must surely be missing something.

• Love 15