Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The Rod kids worked hard on that fake-flower explosion. The white faux fur coverlet makes a reappearance, but the electric fireplace is missing. 

Who were the famous guest speakers? 

This year she didn’t share 

Jill posted the invitation which had all the speakers.

I'm pretty sure Nurie and Kaylee had a joint session last year. How many women under 40 actually attend this thing? I don't remember seeing any young women in the pics she posted from last year's retreat.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The Rod kids worked hard on that fake-flower explosion. The white faux fur coverlet makes a reappearance, but the electric fireplace is missing. 

Who were the famous guest speakers? 

The word gaudy was mentioned when we discussed this retreat.  Turns out, GAUDY is nowhere near what I saw in those pictures.  Jill took it to a whole other level this time.  SMDH

Edited by farmgal4
Changed wording
  • LOL 11
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Did we know Lawson's girlfriend is a longtime BFF of Bindi Irwin?

I can't imagine Bindi would love the idea of her BFF having a boyfriend who embraces guns and hunting.  Not that she really has much say,  she is kind of busy with her new baby and husband, and she does live halfway across the world, but still.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Bindi's not a fundie, right? I remember watching her dad when I was a kid, but I haven't kept up with the family. 

Not sure. What I know about Bindi is only what is written in headlines as I scroll through newsfeeds. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Zella said:

Bindi's not a fundie, right? I remember watching her dad when I was a kid, but I haven't kept up with the family. 

Pretty sure she's not.She was on Dancing with the Stars and danced to the Dirty Dancing song.She did a great job,too.

Might I add,she's GORGEOUS.Jill eat your heart out!

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Zella said:

I don't think so but I do remember reading they are religious. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Someone please explain this dreckorating to me. 🤔

20210328_231714.thumb.jpg.0fb3c43fa6ece5968646f7fc9a4721bd.jpg

Does Jill approve of Easter bunnies? And pompoms? 

Well, I'm sure all the decorations are back in the barndo now. Jill never lets tackiness go to waste. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

What in the fresh hell are those things hanging on the top of the bench? It looks like pompons that deflated. Or died.

One of us HAS to go to this thing next year. Having a front row seat to this "event" will certainly give us enough snark for at least 6 months.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

The setup looks like Jill used one of the barndo's dining room (I use the term loosely) table benches with two chairs behind it. I guess if you can't sit on a bench at the table in the barndo, you shouldn't expect a meal. Even if you can sit, don't come with any expectations. 

• Love 2

I assumed the red, white and blue pom pons were something in line with Jill conspiracy theory beliefs and that idea the USA was going to be transformed. Her Minutes with Jill leading up to this event have been her version of "History of the Nation"

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I assumed the red, white and blue pom pons were something in line with Jill conspiracy theory beliefs and that idea the USA was going to be transformed. Her Minutes with Jill leading up to this event have been her version of "History of the Nation"

Her "history" posts were hilarious. Trying to prove how godly people were The book she quoted from was written by one of IBLP's top lawyers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She misses Parler, no doubt about THAT. If anyone has fallen down multiple conspiracy theory holes, it's Kristen. 

I thought Parler was back up? If not, there are several other platforms where these crazies gather.

16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I guess it's been removed?  Who is Kristen?

Its still there when I click on the link. Kristen is a sweet friend of the Duggar sisters. I think her husband may work at Tacos 4 Life.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I guess it's been removed?  Who is Kristen?

Tacos4life wife, used to be besties with Jessa, maybe also Jill. Moved away but was seen on the show, maybe they did a baby shower? She was definitely Fundie.

GeeGolly and I posted at same time, lol.

Edited by ozziemom
Posted at same time
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
Just now, xwordfanatik said:

Like Sierra is/was a sweet friend?  Haven't heard anything about her lately.

Definitely. Sweet friends seem to come and go. Until the Duggars need them for something.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

What in the fresh hell are those things hanging on the top of the bench? It looks like pompons that deflated. Or died.

One of us HAS to go to this thing next year. Having a front row seat to this "event" will certainly give us enough snark for at least 6 months.

Initially, I honestly thought those dangly things were part of the NotNuries' earring collection!

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I thought Parler was back up? If not, there are several other platforms where these crazies gather.

I just saw an article today that said Parler's users are turning on the CEO after info from the site was provided to law enforcement. I think it's back but nowhere near as accessible as it was, and it seems like the love affair between Parler and its users is on the rocks. 😄 

Does anyone know if any of the Duggars are still using their Parler accounts? 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7

I was prepared for the retreat decorations to be dollar store tacky, but it's just terrible. It honestly looks like a group of 2nd grade girls got a box of used dollar store decorations and used them all.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I was prepared for the retreat decorations to be dollar store tacky, but it's just terrible. It honestly looks like a group of 2nd grade girls got a box of used dollar store decorations and used them all.

Each and every display is fugly as hell!  The fact that JRod thought it looked good is enough to tell anybody that she’s completely off her damned rocker.  I think the Rods are trying to sell that junk.  Folks, we MUST send someone to the retreat next year.  I can’t stand not knowing just how awful of a train wreck it really was!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Each and every display is fugly as hell!  The fact that JRod thought it looked good is enough to tell anybody that she’s completely off her damned rocker.  I think the Rods are trying to sell that junk.  Folks, we MUST send someone to the retreat next year.  I can’t stand not knowing just how awful of a train wreck it really was!

I'm sure there will be several more photodumps. I can only imagine how awful this retreat was.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

A couple weeks back, I mentioned that Voddie Baucham, fundie preacher, was diagnosed with heart failure while preaching in Zambia.  He apparently has no health insurance and a Go Fund Me was set up after he told his followers that he would need a heart transplant.  The faithful donated $1.4 MILLION bucks to him.

So, Voddie returned to the US and got treated at the Mayo Clinic in Florida.  Guess what!  Praise Jesus and Hallelujah!  Turns out his heart failure was caused by a cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat).  This is caused by a malfunction in the nerves that trigger the heartbeat.  It is treated with a procedure called a cardiac ablation which is often done as an outpatient.  So, Voddie got the cardiac ablation and he is all healed, no heart transplant needed.

So, if one was to pay out of pocket, a cardiac ablation is around $20,000.  Now, he went to the Mayo Clinic, so maybe he got the deluxe 5 star ablation and it cost twice that.  Voddie announced his need for a transplant on February 12 and he had the procedure 2 weeks later.   He had it on a Thursday and was out of the hospital by Saturday.  

So, it appears that, even if he flew first class back to the US on Go Fund Me money and his wife stayed at the Ritz while he was in Mayo, that dear Voddie made a very nice profit, a 7 figure profit from his illness.  No mention that he is donating the extra money to Samaritan's Purse or to care for other uninsured cardiac patients.  Nice work if you can get it.  Poor Voddie was even moved to tears at the generosity of his followers.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/voddie-baucham-reveals-he-wont-need-heart-transplant.html

Edited by doodlebug