Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, skatelady said:

I can't zoom in to read the marquee, but its yellow background suggests that they're overlooking a Dollar General store. If it is.... I guess she WOULD consider that a fantastic view....

They are no doubt traveling on stimulus money that's supposed to support the kids. There's no way Jill will mess with dollar stores when she can afford the expensive gift shops. 

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I often joke that I need a vacation from my vacation after a trip is done.  Jill R follows through on that!  I admire her vacation game!!!

She says she loves their view.  Is their view special?  What am I missing?

Well, the 'view's view' is pretty. But I would imagine they often see the same far off view where they live.

• Love 5
On 3/19/2021 at 11:12 AM, beckie said:

He has been away though.  For long enough to see things differently.  Yet, he's still under the control of best mama ever.  Maybe that's WHY he's so miserable.  He KNOWS that his upbringing is wrong,  but just can't go against it and fights himself daily. 

I agree that he's seen some other stuff. But, unfortunately, only in a pretty minimal way, compared to the large amount of unbroken time he's spent with his mother. When you've been assiduously shaped by somebody for years and years and years, it takes more than just some months of seeing that other stuff exists to actually know that anything's actually wrong with the system you've been groomed in......

He was told day in and day out from birth -- every day in every way -- that how Jill raises him is absolutely and completely right and that virtually all other influences are sent by Satan to take him to hell (literally).  

So he's got a lot of built-in reflexes -- that exist beyond and beneath conscious thought -- that will fight like mad to keep him from fully acknowledging anything else as truth. His infant and child and teenage brain grew in an atmosphere in which it was Jill's way or the highway, and so his brain wired itself for years solely on the principle that to survive he needed to survive in the world that Jill created. It's going to take a lot -- a dauntingly huge amount -- of other influences, internal and external, to bring him to the point where he could consciously recognize that Jill's way is the wrong way. 

And, again unfortunately, he's had some bad experiences since he first left the home and met other people and saw and did other things. And then he's come back again to live under the close influence of Jill, who's certainly wasted no opportunity to impress on him that being out from under her umbrella has been the cause of all his trouble. And how every misstep he's made and every hazard that's appeared on his road are all evidence that mama is right about everything. And while he may have some new experiences that counteract that idea, he has years and years and years of being-brainwashed-every-waking-second-of-every-day to believe the "mama is right" thing. 

It's certainly possible that he can eventually come round to believing that, nope, mama is wrong. But it's a long long road to that point, for anyone, and for somebody as sheltered and apparently just-average-in-brainpower as Tim, the road's especially hard to travel. And knowing something isn't the same as being strong enough to act on that knowledge. So that'll be step two for him. Also a big one! 

• Love 4

A vacation from mooching off Nurthan ! Wow ! Jesus is providing just like David preached.

No update on Nuri. Gee mama is busy spending $ and forgot about her.

Yep she is definitely trying to get pregnant on that vacation. Shrek looks ready to drop dead.

• LOL 9

Pretty sure John and Alyssa were rushing to get out of their rental before they had to pay April's rent.  They lucked out on the stimulus payment which probably helped pay for some of the renovations. And usually when you close on a house you don't have to make your first mortgage payment for 4-6 weeks, so they were probably using that savings as well.

As many issues as I have with the Bates family, I do admire the way the siblings pitch in and help each other out.  It's easier for them because they don't have real jobs or traditional school, but it is still nice to see.

It would be good for Alyssa to take it a bit easier now, but given what I have seen of her I am willing to bet that those boxes will be unpacked and everything put away ASAP. I just hope she doesn't regret missing out on a lot of Maci's early days.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I forgot about their stimulus windfall.  Jillpm and Shrek wasted no time in putting that money to work for just the 2 of them.  

As my mom would say in Spanish sin vergüenza, without shame. Jill has no shame. A vacation from what? How about buying things for you children? How about feeding them good, healthy food? How about buying them new clothes that aren't from a thrift store (not that you can't find nice things there, they don't!)? 

• Love 17
53 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

When do the kids get a break from being crammed into their shabby old bedroom? And who's taking care of them??

Several of them are legal adults at this point. Hopefully they’re enjoying the break from their parents!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 12
Just now, DangerousMinds said:

Several of them are legal adults at this point. Hopefully they’re enjoying the break!

LEGAL adults but children in the way they have been raised. Just look at Tim. 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Several of them are legal adults at this point. Hopefully they’re enjoying the break from their parents!

oh my gosh no. this is not the way it would work in their world. they most likely have so many rules and restrictions, plus the ratting on each other to worry about when best mama ever is away. Jill will know exactly where everything should be and how many cans have been used from the pantry etc.

Mrcrazy8's grew up in a family with a controlling mom. she had the pots and pans arranged a certain way so she knew if anyone touched or used them. Each of the 5 children had one plate, bowl and cup and that was the only ones they were ever allowed to use for their entire time living at home. infant through adulthood. All food was locked in a pantry in the basement. Once, when we were dating, I remember his mom was unexpectedly away in the evening for some reason. His dad was trying to figure out dinner for himself and 3 teenagers. They were all terrified when he unlocked the pantry and we used a chef boyardee or Appain Way pizza kit for dinner. His dad worked 2 jobs and the 3 teenagers had been working after school for years and they were all terrified to use a junky pizza kit that probably cost less than a dollar and equally terrified in using a cookie sheet to bake the pizza

• Love 1

Tori Bates is probably one of only a few women who will be able to say she gave birth twice during a pandemic. Kolter will be 1 next week and their daughter is due in June.

Here's to hoping they are pandemic bookend babies.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I hope the kids were left supervised.  I'm imagining a kitchen fire while they try to make a meal from the scraps left over in the cupboard.

I would imagine that the older girls and Tim have been trained to run the household in Jill’s absence. She and hubby do take a lot of get-away trips. 

Jill looks like she forgot to clean off yesterday’s makeup before she applied a new coat.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I would imagine that the older girls and Tim have been trained to run the household in Jill’s absence.

They probably run it during her presence also.  It might be easier without Jill's interference.

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I would imagine that the older girls and Tim have been trained to run the household in Jill’s absence. She and hubby do take a lot of get-away trips.

i think Renee and Kaylee have probably been running the house for years. Doing all the cooking and cleaning. Since Nurie departed. Tessie and Hannah have been bumped up to the mama and the girls posts. Phillip and Sammers are accountability. I doubt Tim is allowed near the others when best mama ever is not there.

no worries of burning down the barndo due to cooking. I worry on the barndo burning down over faulty wiring, that overhead heating unit in the kitchen surrounded by tacky, flammable decorations, baseboard heat blocked by furniture and use of space heaters.

• Love 14

I hope Jill and David tithed their church 10% from their stimulus money,but I doubt it.That's at least $280,and I don't care to do the math on the rest.I'm not sure which ones are 18 and over,but I hope they got to keep their money,if they got any

24 minutes ago, sondraK said:

LOL.His mouth is hanging open every pic.He must be waiting for something

Hummingbird food. He's waiting for his hummingbird food fix. 

• LOL 17
11 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I hope Jill and David tithed their church 10% from their stimulus money,but I doubt it.That's at least $280,and I don't care to do the math on the rest.I'm not sure which ones are 18 and over,but I hope they got to keep their money,if they got any

No 

All the $ is staying In Jill’s purse

• Love 5
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

Jill looks like she forgot to clean off yesterday’s makeup before she applied a new coat.

She’s looking pretty rough IMO, like she’s hungover or something.  I guess they stayed up late, trying to make another Rod baby.  Her hair looks thin and lifeless.  At the rate she’s going she’ll be wearing a wig by this time next year.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

She’s looking pretty rough IMO, like she’s hungover or something.  I guess they stayed up late, trying to make another Rod baby.  Her hair looks thin and lifeless.  At the rate she’s going she’ll be wearing a wig by this time next year.

Jill's blotchy complexion in the "needed a vacation from our vacation" photo could be the result of a home or discount salon spray tan. There are visible color lines on her neck and chest. She's on a spending spree with the kids' stimulus money. 

Her hair has looked bad for a while. It's worn out just from being so close to her brain.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

i think Renee and Kaylee have probably been running the house for years. Doing all the cooking and cleaning. Since Nurie departed. Tessie and Hannah have been bumped up to the mama and the girls posts. Phillip and Sammers are accountability. I doubt Tim is allowed near the others when best mama ever is not there.

no worries of burning down the barndo due to cooking. I worry on the barndo burning down over faulty wiring, that overhead heating unit in the kitchen surrounded by tacky, flammable decorations, baseboard heat blocked by furniture and use of space heaters.

The older Rod kids ( sans Nurie) are 21, 19, 18, 17, 16, and 14 - I include Tim because he seems to live on the property. When I was 16, my 14 year old sister and I were hired to babysit four kids while their parents were out if town for a long weekend. Their house used a woodburning stove for heat and it was winter, so we had to sleep on couches downstairs and take turns keeping the fire going at night. We also were supposed to get the kids and ourselves to school, but an ice storm hit, so we had the kids the whole time. 

I know the Rodrigues children are less educated and socialized, but I think taking care of each other is probably what they know best. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's blotchy complexion in the "needed a vacation from our vacation" photo could be the result of a home or discount salon spray tan. There are visible color lines on her neck and chest. She's on a spending spree with the kids' stimulus money. 

Her hair has looked bad for a while. It's worn out just from being so close to her brain.  

I'd imagine that anything in close proximity to her brain would actually be in pristine condition, given the lack of use it gets.

• LOL 21
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

How does David NOT have diabetes? 

There are plenty of overweight or obese people who don't have and never get diabetes, just as there as plenty of not-overweight or obese people who get type 2. It has a lot to do with genetics. My sister is morbidly obese and not diabetic. 

Topic: The Rod kids are getting past their sell-by dates. Jilly better get to selling if she doesn't want to end up with a bunch of old maids. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 3/19/2021 at 8:12 AM, beckie said:

He has been away though.  For long enough to see things differently.  Yet, he's still under the control of best mama ever.  Maybe that's WHY he's so miserable.  He KNOWS that his upbringing is wrong,  but just can't go against it and fights himself daily. 

Most likely he will wonder and wonder and wonder what is wrong with him and wonder how much more praying and serving and obeying he needs to do to feel this so-called joy others speak of, and others in the cult will tell him he’s just not holy enough and not praying enough and allowing satan to take a foothold in his heart and it’s all his fault. Rather than being told the truth (which in my mind means that Christianity and healthy psychology and normal relationships and science can all coexist without contradictions, only his mom and the other wackos in his circle have warped Christianity to the point it’s unrecognizable).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

So evidently Kelly went to Florida to help Alyssa.  It was in Alyssa's stories and Kelly posted photos on her Instagram page.  Wonder if she read here before going? 

That or the pool is ready!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, sondraK said:

That or the pool is ready!

1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

So evidently Kelly went to Florida to help Alyssa.  It was in Alyssa's stories and Kelly posted photos on her Instagram page.  Wonder if she read here before going? 

Lol, so Kelly finally goes down after all the renovations, packing and moving are done. Better late than never I guess, but so typical of her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6