Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Those ^^ are complete quotes of the two posts I mentioned above. My question remains: what's wrong with being blonde?

It would obviously NOT BE OK to write: "And a lot of dark-skinned children." Followed by "Very ethnic dark-skinned family."

So why is it supposed to be just fine to use "blonde" as apparently a shorthand term for "creepy" as @doodlebug elaborated?

My position remains that I can snark all day long on their creepiness or bad behavior or repugnant beliefs. But not on their physical attributes such as natural coloring. 

Words matter.

I get what you're saying, but, let's face it; the blondness is their most prominent feature.  While  you might not refer to a family as 'very ethnic' or 'dark skinned' in casual conversation; it is certainly a defining characteristic of some families and people would note it immediately.

For me, anyway, blond haired or dark skinned are neutral descriptors.  As for 'very ethnic', I don't even know what that means or what context one might use it.  Is it wrong to refer to Hispanic people as Hispanic?  It is not derogatory in and of itself to use a neutral descriptor.  Certainly, if you were sent out to meet someone you'd never seen; someone might describe themselves as a redhead or Hispanic or Asian to give you a clue.

As for Dave, Pris and the kids; it's shorthand, but they are WASP's technically since they're white Anglo Saxon Protestants; but I wouldn't call them that because socioeconomically and culturally, they don't behave like the typically defined WASP.

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Is there really anything useful that JRod does well?  She seems to excel at things that most people shun.

Grifting!!! That’s useful to her and she does it well!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, sixlets said:

OMG, that is hysterical.  Along with coot-coot & prune chute, Pris could have explained breast feeding by using "knockers" in her explanation. 

14 hours ago, doodlebug said:

She also lives in Ohio, not the Mojave desert.  Stuff grows here, you don’t need to use gravel for ground cover.  She and the kids could easily have collected enough rocks from the area to build a very natural and pretty rock garden with plantings.  Instead, Jill ‘decorates’ her yard to look like the parking lot at a drive-in movie

The fourth picture reminded me of  someone's family cemetery on their property like they had way back when.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 5/7/2020 at 5:47 PM, Chicklet said:

That's quite a bed there. 

Maybe that's the family birthin' bed. 

JillR's gravel garden looks almost impossible to walk on. Ouch as flip-flop shod feet sink into sharp rocks. 

However, there are Japanese temple gardens that use gray stone, although the white stone gardens are prettier, I think. Maybe, Jill will have some of the servant waifs out there raking stones each day. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/9mEVRm82Q8oZN1qz9

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Is there really anything useful that JRod does well?  She seems to excel at things that most people shun.

Jill very nicely provided a summertime litter box for the family! Now bring on those full meals!

Edited by Punkadoo
Typo
  • LOL 9
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Punkadoo said:

Jill very nicely provided a summertime litter box for the family! Now bring on those full meals!

Litterbox! That's exactly what it looks like and I couldn't think of that when I saw it, just looked kinda familiar.

She's just bad at life, I think it boils down to that.

And describing children as blonde, is just that- a descriptor. I could have said a lot of red-headed children, or a lot of boy children, not a big deal at all. If I said "a lot of pale pasty children" people would have a point but I did not. I just noted their hair color which is unusual to have that many children with the exact same color.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 7

I can hardly wait to hear about JillR's WONDERFUL Mothers Day tomorrow. Candy, flowers, jewelry, teddy bears, a gourmet meal, there's just no end to how much her fabulous hubby and SEVERELY grateful children adore her. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, galaxychaser said:

I wonder if Nathan sent her anything.

He seems to brown-nose her pretty hard, so I bet he does. I'm curious if Tim steps up his game. I really do think he pissed Jill off when he skimped out on her birthday (I think?) when he had the audacity to be sick. It's like he fell a bit in the family hierarchy and has been scrambling to gain ground ever since. Poor bastard. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Pris and Pecan have managed to pop out some good looking kids. If Pris was able to articulate anything, they could probably score themselves a TV show.

But she isn't, so fortunately, they won't. Listening to Prissy is like listening to Siri with a pitch problem. 

The kids are very cute. Too bad they will be educated by a drone and never allowed to do anything in life beyond carrying signs at a PP protest and handing out religious tracts. Well, the females will be allowed to give birth. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Zella said:

He seems to brown-nose her pretty hard, so I bet he does. 

Haha, definitely not the picture I want in my head of Nathan and Jill!  😱

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

But she isn't, so fortunately, they won't. Listening to Prissy is like listening to Siri with a pitch problem. 

The kids are very cute. Too bad they will be educated by a drone and never allowed to do anything in life beyond carrying signs at a PP protest and handing out religious tracts. Well, the females will be allowed to give birth. 

If Pris has arts and crafts time for the protest, no worries! No one is going to understand anything on the signs and pamphlets.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Those really are grimaces. Those girls aren't happy, they have cramped faces from being forced to smile for all those pictures.

And what are they wearing?

I still think Jill wrote those posts.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

And what are they wearing?

L > R

A Holly Hobbie top, circa 1973 ; the last thing an aspiring nun wears before she gets the full habit ; grandpa's Christmas sweater ; something from Maude's sit-com wardrobe.

And two pink mini-turbans. The grandpa sweater girl looks like Mullet Duggar.

The skirts are also swimwear.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

“Kaylee already beat me to it.” 

Nope, no competition here as to who can kiss Jill’s ass the most, not at all...

🙄

It really is like watching Lord of the Flies: Mother's Day edition.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm surprised that Timbits hasn't sent in his sick up post yet. There's still time, Tim! Don't let your Mama down!!!!!112

Yeah I was sure he'd race to throw in his tribute and am surprised he hasn't so far.

I think he's happier to be away from home than he lets on publicly. Maybe to the point that he's okay with being on his mom's shit list as long as he's not there to deal with the brunt of it in person.  

Actual footage of Tim: 😉 

giphy.gif

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I have no problem with a person calling their mother mama, but for some reason, when the Rodrigues kids do it, it's nails on a chalkboard. 

Yeah. It's different when someone's forced to do it at gunpoint. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 5/3/2020 at 2:00 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Would You Rather part deux.

I thought Jer was sporting the hipster look & wearing some type of man bun when I first glanced at this.

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm surprised that Timbits hasn't sent in his suck up post yet. There's still time, Tim! Don't let your Mama down!!!!!112

He did his privately because he was afraid that if we saw it we'd steal it for our own mom's. 

• LOL 11

If Jill didn't order those posts, she certainly hinted at what they should say. She provided the photos too. Nothing happens without heavy-handed Jill's interference. 

Jesus is rolling his eyes reading that treacle. 

• Love 6

21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There is NO mother out there, who mother like you do Mama ! 

Yes and that's not a good thing .

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

They were actually planning to walk in a graduation ceremony if not for Covid? For a bible certificate? I know that Trace Bates walked, but he did his matriculation on campus, and it was a year program.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They were actually planning to walk in a graduation ceremony if not for Covid? For a bible certificate? I know that Trace Bates walked, but he did his matriculation on campus, and it was a year program.

Maybe they secretly crave a graduation ceremony. And they won't get one any other way, poor little overly rouged skeletons.  (Although I guess at least Nurie -- Tim? Kaylie? -- walked in some kind of hs graduation ceremony thrown by some big homeschool association they belong to?)

Nurie, at least, was said to be friends with one girl who went to one of those "we are SO not accredited" colleges....So maybe the Rodrigui have a little hankering for college. After all, Tim has tried for post-secondary schooling. And another brother is said to be really trying to master some algebra (which isn't something you're likely to see Duggar teens doing late at night, I expect...)

Actually, come to think of it, I think Jill R likely has more respect for education (of the right sort) than Meeechelle and Jim Bob do. If she weren't so eager to overdecorate her house, buy makeup and encourage David to gain weight, I wonder whether she wouldn't use some grifting cash to send a kid or two more to one of those super-conservative-Christian schools. As long as something is religious and KJV enough, I think she sort of finds "intellectual" stuff prestigious.

Whereas JB and M would seem unlikely ever to countenance anything beyond some 3-month god-bothering course -- And I still kind of think Joe was only sent to that because they were looking for him to court a Bates girl or some such....And they only allowed it because Joe's such a total brainwashee that the experience wasn't likely to give him additional ideas about that ebil schoolin' (that might make a Duggarling feel like it knew more than JB).

And JB and M could afford some education for their kids.

At any rate, now Nurie and Kaylie are professional god botherers! Just like Trace Bates and -- gasp! -- Joe Duggar!!!! Be still, my servant's heart! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1