Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

This is the worst picture of Jilldo EVER. She looks like a 65 year old witch with that chin. Yikes.

1F55CEB2-C2A6-4CDD-B439-54AB0F7105C4.jpeg

Oh my.  I am a very pale Irish American and I am currently paper white.  This kid is grey.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She looks like she’s permanently asleep.  BME will post anything, no matter how awful.

I would not be surprised if she had used her as some sort of Plexus ginea pig.  "Look how well the new sleeping aid works!!"

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:
13 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I just realized that Jill is the only female allowed to be blonde in that family~

Sadie is a natural blonde. It must KILL Jill. 

Which is probably why the poor child looks like a famine victim. Can't have her looking prettier than BME.

It's like one of those Victorian death photos where the parent is holding the child upright, because in some cases it would be literally the only family photo they would have with the child. I used to think she deliberately chose pictures where others were awkward, so she would best by default, but now i think she only ever sees herself. She never looks at any aspect of a picture except how she looks.  Nothing else registers with her.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

Does Jill actually care about her husband? I’m sure if she was limping they’ll be at the doctors in no time! 

Now why would you torment the Russians like that? 

Also BringingUpBates too but some of them are fans.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BatesFamilySnark/

The Duggar snark Reddit page is great because the first rule is - NO FANS. The Bates snark page probably has the same rules. Any post that seems “fanlike” is removed by the mods. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Jills is a rather hefty lass actually. It always becomes apparent when she's in a video she can't edit to oblivion.

There was a photo of her with one of her young daughters where she honestly looks like a Barbie (well, the cheap version) because she filtered herself so much.

Her fingers are horribly swollen. I reckon she's got water retention in addition to her crazy thyroid.

Fat slob is just vile. End of story.

The average American woman is about a size 14. I don’t think she’s any bigger than that, but she’s certainly not demonstrating the efficacy of Plexus Slim. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She posts stuff weeks after the fact. Is she still in Florida? Her Ladies Retreat is coming up soon, but I don't recall the dates offhand.

She still makes it easy to figure out when the whole family is away from home. I doubt many thieves would be interested in anything they have, however. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

The average American woman is about a size 14. I don’t think she’s any bigger than that, but she’s certainly not demonstrating the efficacy of Plexus Slim. 

Whats a size 14? Nothing wrong with being a grand lass-im the size of a walrus myself🤣 but she IS constantly yapping on aboit trimness.

has anyone paid close attention to the name of that magic juice’s ladies retreat resort??😂 it gives me much mirth

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

She still makes it easy to figure out when the whole family is away from home. I doubt many thieves would be interested in anything they have, however. 

Umm that precious map in the living room is something worth stealing 🤣

• LOL 8
26 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Wait, what? Are you trying to tell us you wouldnt fall on all those lovely accessories that were painstakingly chosen at a dollar shop? The gorgeous battered mismatched furniture? The many many photos of da HUNK and jills? Perhaps some hummingbirs juice for energy?

• LOL 11
23 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

How many daughters does Jill have to get married before she and Chunky can retire from the stink van grifting circuit and start living entirely off their sons-in-law? 

Married Rod sons are an unknown factor and cannot be considered. 

Well inflation is skyrocketing (I just went food shopping and almost needed a tranquilizer when I got done).. so the sons-in-law will probably be counting pennies soon.. no more freebies from them for Jilly.. I'm sure they'll still be grifting though when gas hits 10 bucks a gallon and steak is $7.99 a lb. (on sale).

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Fuck yes, petrol is over 2.15 euro (at least it was a couple of days ago. Might be more now) and my grocery shop for quite ordinary things nearly made me heave

I needed eggs and I was shopping for myself and my mother (don't get me started about how much the carriage weighed.. just took 3 Ibuprofen for my back..lol).. anyway.. the store brand in the carton per dozen were 2/$5 (I was pleasantly surprised).. the ones my mother wanted .. name brand, in plastic covering, probably organic or something .. were $4.69 a dozen!.. She got the store brand.. and don't get me started on cereal and meat..omg

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Boston said:

Well inflation is skyrocketing (I just went food shopping and almost needed a tranquilizer when I got done).. so the sons-in-law will probably be counting pennies soon.. no more freebies from them for Jilly.. I'm sure they'll still be grifting though when gas hits 10 bucks a gallon and steak is $7.99 a lb. (on sale).

Jilly posted quite a while back that everyone who did not vote for her chosen orange pres candidate "owed" her an RV tank of gas. I bet she is playing the cost of gas postition up quite a bit. "when we came to florida for our ministry gas was $x per gallon. now it is $xx per gallon, how will we afford to get back to Ohio, especially in time for me to overdecorate for the ladies retreat??"

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

The Plexus sales retreat dates are March 12-15. I doubt Jill would want to miss this event since she'll get a goody bag and a certificate, and event prizes like at the day at Disney must be claimed in person. I can only imagine where Jill and David will park the van of unattended children while they are canoodling in their standard room at the Gaylord Palms resort (which must have a nice pool!). Maybe she found a nice KJV church to take the children in and feed them. 

They can get back to Ohio in time to get the retreat set up. Jill has no shortage of unpaid labor at her disposal. 

Edited by BradandJanet
spelling
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Boston said:

I needed eggs and I was shopping for myself and my mother (don't get me started about how much the carriage weighed.. just took 3 Ibuprofen for my back..lol).. anyway.. the store brand in the carton per dozen were 2/$5 (I was pleasantly surprised).. the ones my mother wanted .. name brand, in plastic covering, probably organic or something .. were $4.69 a dozen!.. She got the store brand.. and don't get me started on cereal and meat..omg

FYI, and maybe? interesting----The guys who developed the expensive brand of eggs starting with "E" in the clear plastic carton were from my home town.  They were friends of my parents.  I buy regular eggs, however.  I wonder how BME will grift gas when the prices keep going up.  It is up to almost $5.00 here, and we usually have more reasonable gas prices.  Will she be upset when her ladies retreat has very few ladies in attendance because of gas prices?  It will be interesting to see if she has to stay home more.  I wonder if GWE has insurance.  He is not looking well at all.  And I agree, that picture does look like a Victorian death photo.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Jilly posted quite a while back that everyone who did not vote for her chosen orange pres candidate "owed" her an RV tank of gas. I bet she is playing the cost of gas postition up quite a bit. "when we came to florida for our ministry gas was $x per gallon. now it is $xx per gallon, how will we afford to get back to Ohio, especially in time for me to overdecorate for the ladies retreat??"

Weird, because gas prices are high all over the world. And oil companies’ profits are higher than ever. Hmmmm. . .

And as taxpayers, we’ve already paid for more than gas for her family.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

FYI, and maybe? interesting----The guys who developed the expensive brand of eggs starting with "E" in the clear plastic carton were from my home town.  They were friends of my parents.  I buy regular eggs, however.  I wonder how BME will grift gas when the prices keep going up.  It is up to almost $5.00 here, and we usually have more reasonable gas prices.  Will she be upset when her ladies retreat has very few ladies in attendance because of gas prices?  It will be interesting to see if she has to stay home more.  I wonder if GWE has insurance.  He is not looking well at all.  And I agree, that picture does look like a Victorian death photo.

I guess she forgets that all of these gas guzzling trips are voluntary. No need for them to leave home when the kids should be in (home) school anyway. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 23
Just now, Cinnabon said:

I guess she forgets that all of these gas guzzling trips are voluntary. No need for them to leave home when the kids should be in (home) school anyway. 🤷‍♀️

and they have Kaylee's wedding this year that they will need to grift/pay cash for,because she seems to believe everyone else in the world except her goes into debt or does credit for weddings. she bragged after Nurie's something like that it was all paid for and they did not over spend or incur debt on the wedding, unlike those in the modern world. 😂

sorry Jill you are delusional on that (among many things) - we have paid for weddings for 2 kids and came out with 0 debt because we WORKED and saved for that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

and they have Kaylee's wedding this year that they will need to grift/pay cash for,because she seems to believe everyone else in the world except her goes into debt or does credit for weddings. she bragged after Nurie's something like that it was all paid for and they did not over spend or incur debt on the wedding, unlike those in the modern world. 😂

sorry Jill you are delusional on that (among many things) - we have paid for weddings for 2 kids and came out with 0 debt because we WORKED and saved for that.

"Work" and "Save" are evil 4-letter words in her world. Oh, who am I kidding? Those words aren't even in her vocabulary...

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, sheshark said:

Oh my.  I am a very pale Irish American and I am currently paper white.  This kid is grey.

Sadly, this child and the little blonde girl always look notably grey and sallow. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill is a pretty skilled grifter, but IMO Nurie's wedding was sad by most standards, so if I were JillR, I wouldn't brag about that one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill is a pretty skilled grifter, but IMO Nurie's wedding was sad by most standards, so if I were JillR, I wouldn't brag about that one.

Jill is only a skilled grifter when it benefits Jill. Nurie's wedding was sad, the bride wore a thrifted gown, but Jill found herself a brand new green MOB dress. 🙄

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Fosca said:

First: Yep, QAnon.

Second: Deanna, if you really want to use/create a meme, try not to have one with a font that makes "God" look like "Cod".  Kind of ruins the effect.

Yup. I totally read that as "Cod" first time.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Why didn’t she say, our family?
He’s a blessing to so many other homes? 🤦‍♀️

Because Jill doesn't care if he's a blessing to their family. Only her. The other stuff is thrown in there for effect. 

She can keep GWE. Nobody, and I do mean, NOBODY else wants him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Whoa! Deanna has dove really, really deep into the conspiracy theory hole. She sounds scared, angry and desperate. I almost feel sorry for her.

I believe Amy is a conspiracy nut too. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, you have to give Jill credit at least for piggybacking Nurie's wedding on the Kellers' anniversary dinner so the Rods would receive a free meal that day. Nothing says fun like 15 extra people for dinner. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, crazy8s said:

and they have Kaylee's wedding this year that they will need to grift/pay cash for,because (clipped) 

Nurie's wedding was not very nice at all, so I imagine Kaylee's won't be either.  She needs to do like some other Fundie families do and make the reception a potluck and let the guest provide the food.  Wonder if a Dingus will make the cake?  Kaylee already has her dress, so that's not something that needs to be a worry.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I didn’t know this, or I was in a fog. Did Jill share this?

IIRC, Kaylee was given a dress by someone, many years ago.  Like when she was 14 or 15.   I am pretty sure both Nurie and Kaylee had their wedding gowns for a long time.  

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Jill and the Not-Nuries had matching new dresses, probably ordered online, so not everyone went without for Nurie's wedding. Jill will need a new dress for Kaylee's ceremony, especially if she is Matron of Honor. I'm sure Kaylee will insist. 

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Fosca said:

First: Yep, QAnon.

Second: Deanna, if you really want to use/create a meme, try not to have one with a font that makes "God" look like "Cod".  Kind of ruins the effect.

Ironically, this could apply to many things. Say, for example, a certain convicted felon who is waiting for his sentencing in April.  I’m just sayin’. 😀

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Why didn’t she say, our family?
He’s a blessing to so many other homes? 🤦‍♀️

HUNK got extra secret families?

Or she means his presence at other like minded godly men’s homes: eating their food and having sweet fellowship. Nothing like hosting the Rod moochers for a dinner/fellowship…

• LOL 4
  • Love 3