Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill would see no problem passing out tracts as a walmart greeter. I can just hear her pointing out they match the signs in the store. She probably thinks Walmart somehow stole the idea for the yellow smiley face from the Rod ministry tracts.  😂

• LOL 17
2 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I'm always so confused by fundie "logic". Going to a place of employment (for all women and most men), even one that shares your fundie values is Sinful! and Wrong! But going out and shilling snake oil (thou shalt not bear false witness) or taking money out of the meagre budget and time away from your Godly Womanly Duties (tm) to make this crap makes one a much Godlier Lady than us heathen women who go out to be teachers and lawyers and doctors and artists. Riiiiight.

It's the whole Umbrella of Authority bullshit.  They all need to be "self-employed" lest they end up beholden to someone other than their headship or Jesus.   I put self-employed in quotes because they fudge it a bit with the MLMs.  They say it's their own business since they front the buy-in.  

Speaking of fundies and MLMs, I saw this one today that made me laugh. 

https://buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/young-living-essential-oils-satanic

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I don't think Jill has to actually staff her "booth" when the store is open, just do whatever is needed to stock and maintain it.

That said, it would surely liven up the place if she decided to goose sales by gracing the "booth" with her presence - and couldn't resist trying to save the souls of any shoppers who came within range. 🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

6A5D1BF2-0A70-45DD-A81E-41B857A0C2C9.jpeg

I wish Jill loved feeding, grooming, properly educating, providing age appropriate enriching activities, and individually valuing her kids. Such a horrific, reprehensible creature. 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe Jill is teaching the little Rodlets to chalk paint stuff she can sell in her craft booth. The work will fit her "primitive" theme, and the kids will be useful, not just mouths to feed occasionally. 

What an impression the underfed little Rodlets could make at the booth, lisping to potential customers that they helped with a primitive "objet d'art" - who could resist the poor little waifs? Pity purchases ensue. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Speaking of dollar stores, I just caught on the news that there's a large recall of products nationwide from Family Dollar stores   Apparently it's due to a rodent infestation of their production center...in Arkansas.

I heard about that on the news yesterday. Yuck. 

• Love 2

What a tongue bath she gave the Duggars. Now they're sinners because daughters are wearing pants and listening to secular music. In Jill's world, those are failures of the parents who failed to instill the RIGHT Jesus into their offsprings' heads and hearts. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Was that Jill's idea of an apology for spilling details about Jinger's wedding? Just because Jill values phony praise over anything else, that doesn't mean other people do. 

Also, who brags that they hooked up their stinky RV in the driveway of their hosts? Cousin Eddie, that's who. At least Eddie grifted food for his dog and presents for his kids. Jill is just a self-centered bitch. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I just can’t with that blonde-from-a-bottle bimbo and her constantly capitalizing random words.

This annoying habit seems to have spread in recent years, and makes me unbelievably annoyed.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

back in the day Jill missed no opportunity to praise the duggar and bates families. their humbleness and friendliness etc. they showed up at a duggar book signing once and stood behind the duggars sitting at a long table to get pics with them.  They sang at the Bates' church a few times. but after the posting of Jinger's wedding info , the RV in the duggar driveway, and they set up and sang at the after party at the TTH. (probably without being asked or wanted) they were not invited to further weddings.  Jill with her persecution complex and refusal to admit she is ever wrong, decides on the route of her family is more godly, like she made the choice.

JillR and David def don't play well with others. From what I've seen, their recent appearances on the road were at churches that seemed to have small congregations. David's not a great preacher, the family's musical performances aren't very good. Their best-developed skills seem to be at alienating their co-religionists. IIRC they famously feuded with their church (in think in NY?) and left in a huff. They overstayed their welcome (to put it mildly) with the Duggars and Bateses. They are really kind of pathetic, although of course Jill's BSC narcissistic behavior is entertaining and makes for marvelous snark. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

back in the day Jill missed no opportunity to praise the duggar and bates families. their humbleness and friendliness etc. they showed up at a duggar book signing once and stood behind the duggars sitting at a long table to get pics with them.  They sang at the Bates' church a few times. but after the posting of Jinger's wedding info , the RV in the duggar driveway, and they set up and sang at the after party at the TTH. (probably without being asked or wanted) they were not invited to further weddings.  Jill with her persecution complex and refusal to admit she is ever wrong, decides on the route of her family is more godly, like she made the choice.

my favorite pic of rods with a Bates is Carlin with Jill and Nurie. Carlin's expression sums up meeting the rods. 🙄

1938047524_Screenshot(205).thumb.png.fb2c817cf063529a70f59b0bda92e6d4.png

She’s screaming with her eyes!

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

my favorite pic of rods with a Bates is Carlin with Jill and Nurie. Carlin's expression sums up meeting the rods. 🙄

The most surprising thing is that Carlin managed to keep her mouth closed. She must not have perfected her attention-whoring, open-mouthed "surprised" expression then. 

Jill appears to have used slightly less hairspray than usual. I guess Nurie got to it first. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

JillR and David def don't play well with others. From what I've seen, their recent appearances on the road were at churches that seemed to have small congregations. David's not a great preacher, the family's musical performances aren't very good. Their best-developed skills seem to be at alienating their co-religionists. IIRC they famously feuded with their church (in think in NY?) and left in a huff. They overstayed their welcome (to put it mildly) with the Duggars and Bateses. They are really kind of pathetic, although of course Jill's BSC narcissistic behavior is entertaining and makes for marvelous snark. 

This is so well written and true, it could be found under Jill's name (and alongside a BSC pic of Jill) in the Fundie Dictionary, if there was such a thing!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, crazy8s said:

What is Jill wearing under her jacket? It looks like a bunch of doilies or the skirt from a five-year-old's party dress. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Jill wearing one of these?

image.png.24063a4044c1ccd01a924b46e9f06e05.png

That makes sense. I vaguely recall my mom wearing shirts like that when I was very young. Google led to a page on women's shirts in the 1960s and a white ruffled shirt from 1967. I didn't want to believe that JillRod would have raided her grandmother's left behind clothing.😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Jill wearing one of these?

image.png.24063a4044c1ccd01a924b46e9f06e05.png

I knitted a few of these for friends and family, probably about 10 years ago. They were fun to make, but not really very stylish, I guess. It was a quick project. I think they all wound up in the dress up box before long. That does look like what Jill was wearing. I wonder if a Rodchild made it?

• LOL 5
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yep, that’s it!  I’d forgotten all about the doily scarf being a trend!  That was definitely a fashion faux pas.

I'm embarrassed to say that I have one of those scarves in the downstairs coat closet. It's soft pinks and mauves, and I wore it with a brown coat. However, it hasn't left the closet for many years, so it should probably make way for another trend. 

Jill has a lot going on with that outfit. She looks as if she threw up paper doilies on herself. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 2/20/2022 at 5:54 PM, BradandJanet said:

Also, who brags that they hooked up their stinky RV in the driveway of their hosts? Cousin Eddie, that's who. At least Eddie grifted food for his dog and presents for his kids. Jill is just a self-centered bitch. 

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation GIF by HBO Max

🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 3