Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Tim's burden of becoming a missionary pilot appears to have been lifted. Flight school has been knocked out of the budget.

The positive point about this house is that it's fifteen miles away from BME. Heidi won't have Crazy Jill dropping by hourly asking for something. 

Jill will drop by, no distance can stop her.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Triple P said:

That reminds of an Jillism. When Nurie and Nathan joined her downline, Jill said they joined because they both had some health goals to overcome.

Nurie needs some Grande Lash Serum on those spermies and real food to sustain a pregnancy.  Nathan needed his balls reattached after they were pulled out of Nurie's Jill's pocketbook purse. 

Edited by sixlets
Technical difficulties
  • LOL 5
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The roof looks on the verge of collapse.

It sure does.

And I hope that road isn't busy. It looks like one wrong step out their front door and they could be wiped out by Tim a tired and speeding driver.

• Sad 8
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It sure does.

And I hope that road isn't busy. It looks like one wrong step out their front door and they could be wiped out by Tim a tired and speeding driver.

Those poor dogs. Want to bet at least one will run into traffic? 😢

• Sad 11
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The roof looks on the verge of collapse.

I'd be worried about it after a big snow storm. It's sagging already. That's a major structural problem.

Also no driveway to park in.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There is a driveway, described as, “a freshly graveled drive”.

I didn't see anything in the pictures that I would call a driveway. Just some gravel on the side of what could be a busy road. That's asking for someone to hit any car parked there.

• Like 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There is a driveway, described as, “a freshly graveled drive”.

Yes, there's some gravel on the left side of the house, but it only looks like enough room for one car. I assume Heidi drives? And with the hilly terrain, I guess that means Timbits leaves the camper at the barndo for Phillip to live in. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Timothy's house appears to have been recently redone. All ready for mama to swoop in and make it "homey". Giant pic of tim and heidi will certainly be on the wall.

Built in 1940. Sold 10/22 for $43,000 - sold may 31 2023 for $140,000

2 bed/1 bath - 1 1/2 acres of property. No garage and it is really, really close to the road. Listing states a new metal roof could be added for an additional $5,000. Hope Tim went for that, the roof is in sad shape.

They could have spent a lot less and bought a bigger house -- the ones in Elyria or Creston. Their house has almost no kitchen storage space, which is one thing, but what will they do when they have ten kids running around? The house is ON the road.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3

That's not a driveway, it's a parking pad that also serves as a front yard. 

Timbits bought a piece of land with a shed on it.  It's tiny, and once BME gets in there to "decorate" there won't be much room to walk.  The two things this place has going for it are 1: it's 15 miles from BME and DBD and 2: there is PLENTY of room to add on to the back of the house.  DBD is a master carpenter, electrician, etc. etc. to I'm sure he will be able to swoop in and create an architectural masterpiece.

I do not think this place was worth $140,000. 

• Like 18
  • Useful 1

Jill’s latest. 

Spoiler

I (Jill) was raised the same way we are raising our children and I have NO regrets as to how my WONDERFUL parents raised me!  ❤️  I will FOREVER be grateful to them, NOT pick apart every little human fault they have, because EVERY last parent has them - including ME!  

This picture below shows our family praying for many things, including praying against the corrupt philosophy of the modern day Chrisianity spoken of below.  I hope this article encourages your heart like it did ours!  *Remember, a family that prays together, stays together!  🥰

I did not write this (below), but I agree 100%! If you don’t agree maybe you could just scroll on by and like the things you like!

"I do not feel traumatized by my upbringing  and while we absolutely do serve a loving God, we also serve a holy and righteous God. No one is perfect, but I’m thankful for the Godly heritage in my life and what they invested in me. 

I am heartbroken at seeing dozens of friends of mine turn their back on a goodly heritage and replace it with wishy washy do-what-I-want Christianity that has no back bone, no difference, no guidelines. Were your leaders perfect? No, but they were doing their best to show God's love and how to love Him back. It's NEVER been only about the outside, it's always been about our heart! A heart that wants to show the world that Jesus can make a difference and give us lives of fulfillment, joy and peace.

I am thankful I have been raised in an old fashioned Independent Fundamental Baptist church.

I am not sorry I was given rules to follow.
I am not sorry for a pastor who preached hard.
I am not sorry I was taught strong Bible standards.
I am not sorry I was taught to listen to the right music.
I am not sorry I was taught to dress right.
I am not sorry I was taught the KJV is the preserved, inspired Word of God. 
I am not sorry I was taught to be in church when the doors are open. 
I am not sorry I was taught to stay clean and pure for marriage.
I am not sorry I was taught to have the right doctrine.

It's about time men and ministry stop with this soft style of ministry where every one wears their feelings on their sleeves. Our church and pastor wasn't perfect, no ministry is...but we were taught serving God was going to take tenacity and strength of character. We were taught that the Christian life is a fight...it's a race and you will face opposition.

I don't have Spiritual PTSD.
I don't need to recover from my upbringing.
I don't need to apologize for preaching truth.
I don't need to whine about being "mistreated".
I don't need to attack those who invested in me.

Those who do so display their own pride in thinking they have grown beyond those men who spent a lifetime loving and caring for them. I will not take shots at the godly men of yesteryear who blazed a trail so I could be where I am at today. I am not claiming their infallibility. I am not "man-worshipping"...I am respecting and honoring my heritage. 

It's time some of you grow a backbone and take a stand. You think you are becoming more "relevant" but what you are really doing is inviting the things of the world into your ministry. You are hurting the next generation because YOU are encouraging young people to live on the very edge.

To the young people reading this...
Respect your leaders.
Love Jesus and be willing to stand no matter who is trying to get you to compromise.
Study the Scripture.
Don't just conform...develop your OWN convictions. 
The Bible DOES teach strong separation and holiness. These standards of modesty, methods, music and manuscripts are NOT "extra-biblical" NOR are they legalism. They are the results of sanctification. We don't need to dress like the world, talk like the world, and act like the world to reach the world for Christ.”

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s latest. 

Hide contents

I (Jill) was raised the same way we are raising our children and I have NO regrets as to how my WONDERFUL parents raised me!  ❤️  I will FOREVER be grateful to them, NOT pick apart every little human fault they have, because EVERY last parent has them - including ME!  

This picture below shows our family praying for many things, including praying against the corrupt philosophy of the modern day Chrisianity spoken of below.  I hope this article encourages your heart like it did ours!  *Remember, a family that prays together, stays together!  🥰

I did not write this (below), but I agree 100%! If you don’t agree maybe you could just scroll on by and like the things you like!

"I do not feel traumatized by my upbringing  and while we absolutely do serve a loving God, we also serve a holy and righteous God. No one is perfect, but I’m thankful for the Godly heritage in my life and what they invested in me. 

I am heartbroken at seeing dozens of friends of mine turn their back on a goodly heritage and replace it with wishy washy do-what-I-want Christianity that has no back bone, no difference, no guidelines. Were your leaders perfect? No, but they were doing their best to show God's love and how to love Him back. It's NEVER been only about the outside, it's always been about our heart! A heart that wants to show the world that Jesus can make a difference and give us lives of fulfillment, joy and peace.

I am thankful I have been raised in an old fashioned Independent Fundamental Baptist church.

I am not sorry I was given rules to follow.
I am not sorry for a pastor who preached hard.
I am not sorry I was taught strong Bible standards.
I am not sorry I was taught to listen to the right music.
I am not sorry I was taught to dress right.
I am not sorry I was taught the KJV is the preserved, inspired Word of God. 
I am not sorry I was taught to be in church when the doors are open. 
I am not sorry I was taught to stay clean and pure for marriage.
I am not sorry I was taught to have the right doctrine.

It's about time men and ministry stop with this soft style of ministry where every one wears their feelings on their sleeves. Our church and pastor wasn't perfect, no ministry is...but we were taught serving God was going to take tenacity and strength of character. We were taught that the Christian life is a fight...it's a race and you will face opposition.

I don't have Spiritual PTSD.
I don't need to recover from my upbringing.
I don't need to apologize for preaching truth.
I don't need to whine about being "mistreated".
I don't need to attack those who invested in me.

Those who do so display their own pride in thinking they have grown beyond those men who spent a lifetime loving and caring for them. I will not take shots at the godly men of yesteryear who blazed a trail so I could be where I am at today. I am not claiming their infallibility. I am not "man-worshipping"...I am respecting and honoring my heritage. 

It's time some of you grow a backbone and take a stand. You think you are becoming more "relevant" but what you are really doing is inviting the things of the world into your ministry. You are hurting the next generation because YOU are encouraging young people to live on the very edge.

To the young people reading this...
Respect your leaders.
Love Jesus and be willing to stand no matter who is trying to get you to compromise.
Study the Scripture.
Don't just conform...develop your OWN convictions. 
The Bible DOES teach strong separation and holiness. These standards of modesty, methods, music and manuscripts are NOT "extra-biblical" NOR are they legalism. They are the results of sanctification. We don't need to dress like the world, talk like the world, and act like the world to reach the world for Christ.”

She is insane. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 15
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

The photo she took of the Rodlets “praying” looked torturous. They were all crouched together on their knees on the floor in a tight huddle underneath an a/c unit with their heads buried in a pull out sofa bed. I wonder what time it was when the photo was taken.

I’m sure Jill’s reading all the social media buzz about the documentary and she’s super defensive. I hope at least one of the Rodlets watched Shiny Happy People. 

Edited by charmed1
  • Like 18

Oh that screed was definitely direct at SHP.   She has got to be ballistic that it showed how abusive that cult is to kids.   How can she grift from people if they think she is abusing her kids?   

• Like 21
  • Applause 1
30 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Oh that screed was definitely direct at SHP.   She has got to be ballistic that it showed how abusive that cult is to kids.   How can she grift from people if they think she is abusing her kids?   

Oh, I think they know what kind of parents the JRods are. Sadly the ones who give are likely doing the same.

• Like 2
  • Sad 15
19 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

How can anyone drink that pink mixture of chemicals and think it's healthy?

Fixed that for you. 😉 That garbage looks like runoff from a nuclear power plant.

Every time I see a bottle of that pink stuff, I swear I can smell it though my computer - a sickly-sweet fruit-punch scent turned up to 11 with components of windshield wash liquid and antifreeze.

And what, pray tell, is Jill going to do in Nashville?  She obviously won't be able to leave her hotel and traverse the streets lest she pass an establishment that serves alcohol or plays the devil's music.  So we'd better not see her out and about.

• Like 11
  • LOL 10
(edited)

that was a direct hit at the jill duggar, if you ask me. that rant definitely was aimed at SHP but also at her. sad that no one gets any grace in jillR's life but herself.

...and in hindsight, implies that she saw the documentary! tv anyone?

Edited by zoomama
  • Like 16
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

0E523692-E0CA-4478-B8E4-8C84FDD3CB3F.jpeg

I want to know how long these prayer sessions last.  Hours?  It wouldn’t surprise me in the least.  She’s batshit crazy, and she’s “training” those poor children to be just like her.

• Sad 13
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I want to know how long these prayer sessions last.  Hours?  It wouldn’t surprise me in the least.  She’s batshit crazy, and she’s “training” those poor children to be just like her.

I would bet hours and probably late into the night so the kids are tired. Maybe even on empty stomachs. I wouldn't put it past Jill and David. Easier to break and control them that way. 

• Sad 20
2 minutes ago, zoomama said:

that was a direct hit at the jill duggar, if you ask me. that rant definitly was aimed at SHP but also at her. sad that no one gets any grace in jillR's life but herself.

Also direct shot at Olivia Plath. Jill used to brag on Nurie's friendship to the Plath family.

Up thread I posted a link to an old Jill tirade about her being displeased and yelling at her children during her "mama preaching session".(Jill's words and ") Sadly, I would say the children have had to endure many preaching/screaming mama sessions in the past few weeks. Surely they all sat wide eyed and vowed never to speak against the best mama and daddy ever.

Sadness that any of the children have to endure this, but geez Samuel is an 18yr old man. ☹️ Shouldn't he be working in preparation for the "burden" of a wife??

• Sad 14
  • Useful 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, zoomama said:

that was a direct hit at the jill duggar, if you ask me. that rant definitely was aimed at SHP but also at her. sad that no one gets any grace in jillR's life but herself.

...and in hindsight, implies that she saw the documentary! tv anyone?

I'll bet she watched every single second, slobbering over the fact that all of those horrible heathens are persecuting her directly, and she probably wore her fingernail polish right off scribbling the names of every person who is now on her sh!t list, and whom she will soon be attacking on social media (but not by name...just with veiled hints because she doesn't want to be completely kicked out of the fundie club).

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 17
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

0E523692-E0CA-4478-B8E4-8C84FDD3CB3F.jpeg

I’m imagining the two girls in the bottom right corner whispering to each other, “you know this is bullshit right?” I wonder who took the photo, Janessa?

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
(edited)
12 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I’m imagining the two girls in the bottom right corner whispering to each other, “you know this is bullshit right?” I wonder who took the photo, Janessa?

I don't see DBD in the picture...

That is clearly a hotel room...the Poison Convention doesn't start until Friday. Guess they're making it a whole-week vacation in the Land of Bachelorettes?

Edited by Turquoise
  • Like 4
  • LOL 7
2 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

I don't see DBD in the picture...

That is clearly a hotel room...the Poison Convention doesn't start until Friday. Guess they're making it a whole-week vacation in the Land of Bachelorettes?

She took the whole family to Nashville?

• Mind Blown 2

I feel like we have probably discussed this before, but clearly Jilly Dove didn't absorb Jesus' message about Pharisees that pray loudly on street corners (or post pictures on SM).

Nashville Pride is the following weekend...too bad

• Like 10
  • Wink 1
  • Thanks 5
  • LOL 7
Just now, AstridM said:

She took the whole family to Nashville?

Taking the stink van and all the kids doesn't make sense, but this is Jill. Jill and David could stay in the discounted hotel room for less money than gas and food will cost for all of them. Maybe Jill hopes to launch The Singing Rodriguii's professional music career in Nashville. 

Or maybe after hearing about SHP, she's worried if the kids stay home without her and David, they'll compare notes and plot a rebellion. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
(edited)

That's an old picture. Jill is renting an AirBNB in Nashville for her team. It's not clear who she's bringing, other than DBD. She usually has a NotNurie tag along. 

As I understand it, many of the workshops at the convention are only for jewel levels, so Jill will actually have a lot of time for sightseeing. I hope she winds up in some honky tonk. The booze! The sinful music! 😂

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 7
(edited)

I need to see the faces of the Plexus conference attendees when the Rodlets are let loose in the hotel's pool and commence swimming fully clothed.

EDIT: @Salacious Kitty - thank you for the clarification, I didn't think it likely that she'd bring her whole brood with her to Nashville.  They'd just cramp her fabulous style.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill is renting an AirBNB in Nashville for her team. It's not clear who she's bringing, other than DBD. She usually has a NotNurie tag along. 

😂

Jill is renting an Airbnb for her team, as in Jill is paying for something for someone else? Wow! Is she feeding them too? 

How many people does she have in her downline? 

• Mind Blown 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill is renting an Airbnb for her team, as in Jill is paying for something for someone else? Wow! Is she feeding them too? 

How many people does she have in her downline? 

She was pumping out rooms last week. $128/per. Must be a pretty big house that she hadn't, to that point, filled up. 

No clue how many she has in her downline. I remember a screenshot from one of her Zoom meetings, maybe last year, and there were maybe 10 people there, tops. 

• Useful 1

A big airbnb in Nashville can't be cheap. How is Jill paying for this along with the rest of the expenses she and David will incur on this trip? If she made the reservation for the airbnb, she'll be responsible for the charge. Is she paying for the rooms for her team members? Did she stick the charge on a credit card (debt!)?

This is an interesting decision for a woman who has an unemployed husband and a house full of kids, a woman who is always crying poor. I'd like to know how she's going to pull it off. 

• Like 17