Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy shit - Christine! Maybe JillR doesn't look that bad after all. 🤣😬🤣

I know, right?!  I don't know how that dress stays up.  I'm sure JillR feels very superior and virtuous.  After all, she is fully covered--including boots and a hat!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
49 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I doubt Jill attended the formal dinner. My focuses that was Jewels only. And, as I understand it,  Christine and the other Sister Wife are Diamonds. 

Good thing. Eye traps all around at the formal dinner.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Is that one of those hats you see a troupe of hens on a hens night wearing?  Very cheap moulded cardboard, good for one use only.  They generally end up full of the drinks that have been drunk.  I this case, may also end up full of the Plexus that has been drunk.  

She is just so far up her own arse she has no idea how she comes off to other people.

• Like 10
  • LOL 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

image.png.84227bc671942cad69b61bcd615bfab5.png

You win the Internet today. I'm dying.

OMG, Jill is just the gift that keeps on giving in snarkland. 

Seriously, is there anyone else attending that convention who's dressed in anything like Jill's cosplay ensembles? She's so out of touch with the real world, I'm almost embarrassed for her. 

Almost, because her narcissism has added extra levels of abuse to her IFB/fundie belief-driven mistreatment of her children. She's deluded on so many levels, but she's also a cruel nasty horrible mother. Probably even worse than the typical IFB/fundie/IBLP parent. The spanking scenes, including those featuring the Pearls, from SHP are still resonating with me at the mo, and therefore any compassion I may harbor for any adult in the IFB world is nowhere to be seen.

ETA: Wait a minute. She's part of the Rodrigues Family Serving Jesus. She's godly and her mission from God is to convert souls for the correct Jesus. Is she toting a bagful of smiley face tracts to the convention every day and handing them out or leaving them in seats and on tables? Is she collaring people to ask them about their state of salvation? Is she leading lost souls to JeSauce as they wander lost in that worldly and not-God-focused event? Or is this a vacay from Serving Jesus? 

And what's David, the HEAD of the Rodrigues Family Serving Jesus, doing while Jill's cosplaying at the convention? Is he serving God by preaching or looking alertly for people to collar and talk to about salvation? Is he handing out tracts? Or is he on vacay from Jesus too?

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I frequently have the TV on in the background and for the last couple of days a commercial would come on that would wake up my Fundy senses because it starts out about wanting to save folks. Well the commercial is about Elton's Rocket Fund. Like actually saving folks - saving their lives. The contrast is remarkable. Elton is more like Jesus than Jill could even pretend to be in her own mind.

And JillR, this is classy pink western attire.

image.png.83ea302dc427832d434dfab22055ca92.png

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3

There should have been a special dinner for the "metals." Jill went to one last year as a regular gold status, and she wore a decent gown. The dinner is free for the attendee but a guest must pay. Jill and Hunk left the previous year's dinner after the speeches and food, but before the party got going. They didn't approve of the alcohol. 

I can't imagine Jill passing up a major Plexus event. She's already shelled out a truckload of money for this trip and the souvenir shopping, so another hundred dollars to dress up and feed Hunk shouldn't make a bit of difference. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Oh carp. The hats. The boots. Is it possible that this is just Jill's downline, or some kind of trend at the convention? I stole this from Reddit.

plexus1.thumb.jpg.05ddb593406652fb41df24d605fde1a7.jpg

That is Jill's downline. Close view has the pink patches saying Shining Jewels or whatever her team is called. jill obviously put olivia and sadie or whichever girls to work making these. In the close up there seem to be globs from a hot glue gun that attached the fake jewels and possibly the patch to the shirt.

• Like 7
  • LOL 7
9 hours ago, zenme said:

I’m embarrassed for her. The hat looks like one my 6 year old granddaughter would want.

I literally just ordered a very similar one for my five year old granddaughter. Except rather than the fur trim it's adorned with sequins, with an appliqued rhinestone tiara on the front. I bet Jill wishes hers was that fancy!

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

That is Jill's downline. Close view has the pink patches saying Shining Jewels or whatever her team is called. jill obviously put olivia and sadie or whichever girls to work making these. In the close up there seem to be globs from a hot glue gun that attached the fake jewels and possibly the patch to the shirt.

Thanks. I was finally able to log onto the Insta account I created mainly to follow Jill. Here are a couple of screenshots, including a closeup of a "Sparkling Jewels of Faith" t-shirt with the person's name redacted. Jill gave credit to one of the team members for the shirts, so I hope that means there was no Rod child labor involved.

The post came up on my phone above an ad for a toenail fungus study, which delighted me no end. 

0JillRPlexus1.thumb.jpg.eea7a90371706c8a2206282f0137e84b.jpg0JillRPlexus2.thumb.jpg.75f71adadf15431ddf29a2091f3664da.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 18
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The snark writes itself.

image.png.3253498447d76a2339a9e3a78c54f155.png

Ye gods.  That hat reminds me of a hat (complete with large feather) at the Seattle World's Fair in 1962 (I was eight.)

That selfish woman bought all kinds of crap clothes and accessories for her, only.  She makes me sick!  That money could have been used to clothe her kids properly.

BTW, Jill, your seam in that dumb skirt is crooked.  You look ridiculous.

• Like 19
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Oh carp. The hats. The boots. Is it possible that this is just Jill's downline, or some kind of trend at the convention? I stole this from Reddit.

plexus1.thumb.jpg.05ddb593406652fb41df24d605fde1a7.jpg

2 are wearing pants! Jill’s head exploded??? And 2 wearing cowboy boots! Lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
1 minute ago, oliviabenson said:

2 are wearing pants! Jill’s head exploded??? And 2 wearing cowboy boots! Lol

Another one is showing more leg than the Bible allows. 

Jill's white boots will be so practical in Amish country, especially during the winter. /s I have a feeling they'll disappear into the back of her closet like the croc-like heels did. 

The skirt has the same problem. It may have seemed like a good idea for Nashville (it wasn't, but whatever), but it's not flattering or practical for her primary role as the needy, grifting mother of a dozen kids in Ohio. 

The skirt could go to one of the older waifs, but it won't fit. The daughters are so much slimmer than Jill is. Too bad. Plexus does not appear to work as advertised. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The snark writes itself.

image.png.3253498447d76a2339a9e3a78c54f155.png

As I understand it fundies require women to wear skirts because pants are too form-fitting, revealing the line of a women's hip, leg, and knee.  Jill might as well be wearing pants considering this skirt!

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

As I understand it fundies require women to wear skirts because pants are too form-fitting, revealing the line of a women's hip, leg, and knee.  Jill might as well be wearing pants considering this skirt!

In this case, I guess she limits her justifications to the fact that the Bible prohibits women wearing clothing that pertaineth unto a man.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Jill’s Father’s Day post is sad. She did not even borrow a poem to honor her pa and hunky. She really is pissed off or does not love them lol.

Here is an example 

EDCE2CB6-9F98-451C-AC9A-A2534CC772A4.jpeg

And no

hi this is Timothy Rodrigues and I want to wish you a happy Father’s Day daddy. 

nothing lol.

• LOL 9
42 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Absolutely delicious fact that is absolutely lost on Jill:

That skirt is made from deconstructed jeans.  That's been a thing for a while, on and off, and so technically... our Jillpm is wearing PANTS.  

Happy Sunday, y'all.

• Like 2
  • LOL 18
4 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Absolutely delicious fact that is absolutely lost on Jill:

That skirt is made from deconstructed jeans.  That's been a thing for a while, on and off, and so technically... our Jillpm is wearing PANTS.  

Happy Sunday, y'all.

And to you too. Yep - Jillpm is wearing clothing that pertaineth unto a man!

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

"I am prejudice." 

That's true, Jill. Is this a moment of self-awareness or just another grammar error?

I’ve noticed a truly annoying trend online wherein some morons repeatedly leave the Ds off the end of words like “prejudiced, biased, supposed” etc. It makes me stabby!

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ye gods.  That hat reminds me of a hat (complete with large feather) at the Seattle World's Fair in 1962 (I was eight.)

That selfish woman bought all kinds of crap clothes and accessories for her, only.  She makes me sick!  That money could have been used to clothe her kids properly.

BTW, Jill, your seam in that dumb skirt is crooked.  You look ridiculous.

Yep - looks like THREE new pairs of boots for Jill. In JUNE in the south. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

In this case, I guess she limits her justifications to the fact that the Bible prohibits women wearing clothing that pertaineth unto a man.

But she also wears lots of T-shirts, hoodies, and baseball caps. And cowboy boots!

47 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've only skimmed this thread for a while because Jill was getting on my nerves to the point it was no longer amusing to me, but her costumes for this Plexus convention and the resulting snark have been giving me life. 😂😂😂 I laughed until I cried at that picture of her in the pink hat. 

The best picture, am I right? 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
21 minutes ago, AstridM said:

The best picture, am I right? 🤣🤣

I didn't think the first stupid poses in that weird skirt could be topped. I stand corrected. LOLOL

• LOL 15
(edited)
On 6/16/2023 at 5:28 PM, Teriacky said:

Think about this Jill…

If there are so many people dressing differently than you and so many people living lives more fulfilling than yours and so many people  who actually date without marriage and immediate procreation in mind and so many people who are not afraid of a vengeful and frightening God, than maybe they’re right and you’re wrong (about so many things). 

On 6/16/2023 at 6:29 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

The problem with Jill and her ilk, though, is they cannot think beyond the dogma, and no matter how many people you point out who are doing these things, to her it is obviously the work of Satan in the World. By the time the rapture rolls around, in her mind, it's pretty obvious that 95% of the world will have been corrupted by Satan's whispers, constantly telling you that all these things are acceptable. It's only those very few who cling tightly enough to The Word (the Correct word, natch) who will be saved, and her supposedly loving God has no qualms whatsoever about tossing all but a tiny percentage of his beloved creation into the Burning, Fiery Furnace for eternity.

I can't even imagine how dire a Heaven full of all these types would be 

This. She’d go on and on about how they are fulfilling their fleshly desires now, only to burn in hell for eternity. And how those wonderful tracts born of Hunk’s hard work on the printer will win them back to the right way.

22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

332A61FF-9071-46AC-A9BC-10B18F5C516A.jpeg

90DD5A38-FCD0-40CE-83DC-28A259FC8925.jpeg

In the 70s and early 80s, we would do two things with old torn jeans: cut off shorts, or you slit them down the middle, make a couple more slices, and sew in a huge inverted triangle of same fabric, and ta-da, you have a jeans skirt! Hers is an update on the jeans-to-skirt idea, and it’s fugly. (I haven’t frequented malls since the late 1980s, so I never saw the trends that some of you mentioned.)

1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill’s Father’s Day post is sad. She did not even borrow a poem to honor her pa and hunky. She really is pissed off or does not love them lol.

Here is an example 

And no

nothing lol.

This makes it sound like her dad is dead. 

I guess if she can dramatize the departure of Nurie for Florida like it was someone leaving Illinois for California in 1850, she can post poems that pretend her dad is dead?

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 4

I think Jill has around 7-ish people on her team. When she's posted point challenge results in the past, there's usually around that many in the list. 

One of the women in the group photos is Betsy Foster, Amy's sister-in-law, who is Jill's upline. 

• Useful 4

So Jill and her team sat around last night with glue guns, sparkle paint and feathers. There was a birthday next door last week, a bunch of 7 year olds were pretty much doing the same thing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Here is an example 

And no

nothing lol.

"Of all days, today I miss you most"..."you are so far"..."I want you near".

Doesn't this sound like a poem originally written to a father who has passed away? How does this apply to Timothy, whose father is always parked in his armchair watching the map? Maybe it means that Tim misses David when he's off with Mahmo on one of their constant vacations?

• Like 6
41 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Did Tim post that? I didn't see it on his FB. 

I believe that was a post satirizing a typical Jill post that is allegedly from one of her Rodlets. It cracked me up!

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Jill should’ve taken notes from this woman who actually IS very stylish. And modest!

IMG_8316.jpeg

Does Jill insist that anyone who takes a picture with her do that stupid hand-on-hip pose?

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

This conference is certainly unleashing the tackiness beast inside Jill. It's not often she gets the opportunity to let her inner glue gun go wild. The conference will be the absolute highlight of her year. Nashville will take some time to recover. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 7