Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Dollar store Brett Michaels! 🤣 She’s always wanted to help the poor? When???

IMG_8289.jpeg

I think by "helping the poor" she means herself and her family. Hunk & Mahmo dip up first, of course!

• Like 9
  • Applause 10

Unless she gets recognition and credit, Jill will NOT do something.  All the praises she lavishes on herself that is supposedly from her "children", says a lot. If she herself were going to help someone she'd let us know, along with how much it inconvenienced her (or how she was persecuted), and then pat herself on the back, followed by a fake letter praising her.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
(edited)
42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yeah, buy from Jill and the company donates the money, of course. What did she do to contribute? Freaking nothing or there would have been pictures. As an aside, I can’t stand the use of the word, “poor”, personal peeve.

Jill has never helped anyone a day in her life. If she does, it would have to benefit her somehow. She needs to remember God does not like liars. She has never said anything about helping others and has never shown herself helping others. We all know IF she did do some type of charity work it would be all over the internet so she could let us know how godly and wonderful she is.  

Jill is all about Jill and what she can get from others for free.

I also do not like the word "poor".

Edited by smallfry
  • Like 15
  • Applause 1
25 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I think by "helping the poor" she means herself and her family. Hunk & Mahmo dip up first, of course!

Yep, charity begins at home -- which means helping Mahmo and DBD, not the kids, of course.  

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
10 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Yep, charity begins at home -- which means helping Mahmo and DBD, not the kids, of course.  

She "pours" spiritual treasures into her children, food is an afterthought.  She believes that "man does not live with bread alone."

• Like 5
(edited)

Just when I think she can’t do anything to piss me off anymore…

Apparently “her” Jesus is just fine with her lying. And as far as her always wanting to ‘help the poor’… feed your kids, Jill. FEED. YOUR. KIDS.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 11
3 hours ago, AstridM said:

Dollar store Brett Michaels! 🤣 She’s always wanted to help the poor? When???

IMG_8289.jpeg

She obviously brought a brand new eyeliner pencil to Nashville with her.  SMDH

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

Oh my goodness. How many more days will Jill be there? These outfits are a hoot. She looks like a kid throwing an outfit together prior to a character/biography book report at school, which always turns out looking like 6 characters in one.

Annie Oakley mixed with Western Barbie, mixed with Laura Ingalls, mixed with Ellie Mae, mixed with Patsy Cline, with a little Miley Cyrus thrown in. 🤣

• Like 10
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

Once again... what the hell is that outfit she is wearing? Can someone please explain it to me like I am 6 years old? I looks like a slip scooted down over a jeans skirt. And here come the cowboy boots!

And isn't that 2  or 3 pair of boots she has worn and they all look new. Jesus said feed the hungry , clothe the naked. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 8
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Once again... what the hell is that outfit she is wearing? Can someone please explain it to me like I am 6 years old? I looks like a slip scooted down over a jeans skirt. And here come the cowboy boots!

I remember those skirts being everywhere in like, 2007/2008.  (I worked in a mall so that's what I mean by "everywhere", as in every store in our mall.  Not "everyone in this forum wore them all the time" lol)

Hee Haw meets Laura Ingalls Wilder.  

And Bret Michaels was the first thing I thought of as well when I saw that other pic.  Bret did nothing to deserve this comparison. Maybe we put together an episode of Rock of Love for the Rod girls.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
8 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I see preshuss Mahmo bought new clothes/boots to impress her plexus peeps.

She really spares no expenses for herself.

And meanwhile, her daughters are dressed in cast-off clothes and are her kids eating, though I'm sure she got some of this out of the back closet or at Goodwill. I had that skirt back in the 80s. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 3

Is there a western theme to this convention?  Why is she playing cowgirl?  I can't help wonder how many good meals and clothing that fits could be purchased for her children with the money that was spent for new boots and "costumes" for BME.  Truly, how often will she be wearing those expensive boots in the future?  I guess they do kind of go with her cowbell playing.

• Like 8
  • LOL 10
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness. How many more days will Jill be there? These outfits are a hoot. She looks like a kid throwing an outfit together prior to a character/biography book report at school, which always turns out looking like 6 characters in one.

Annie Oakley mixed with Western Barbie, mixed with Laura Ingalls, mixed with Ellie Mae, mixed with Patsy Cline, with a little Miley Cyrus thrown in. 🤣

Convention ends tomorrow 

• Useful 5

The frankenskirt and the white boots outfit looks exactly like something Jill would make Olivia, Sadie, or Sophia wear to sing in church. I'm surprised to see it on her. 

We still haven't see the outfit she's wearing to the big dinner. Oh, God, please let it be this mess. 

I want to think Jill is drunk. 

• LOL 17

I'm scared to imagine what she brought for formal evening wear.  A western saloon girl outfit?  I wonder what boots she will wear.  Maybe sparkly ones?  I would love to hear the comments from the other attendees.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

WTAF!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Yet ANOTHER new pair of boots. And in June, lol. 

1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

And isn't that 2  or 3 pair of boots she has worn and they all look new. Jesus said feed the hungry , clothe the naked. 

Meanwhile poor Philip still only has that one extremely huge belt. 

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is there a western theme to this convention?  Why is she playing cowgirl?  I can't help wonder how many good meals and clothing that fits could be purchased for her children with the money that was spent for new boots and "costumes" for BME.  Truly, how often will she be wearing those expensive boots in the future?  I guess they do kind of go with her cowbell playing.

No one else in her pictures was dressed that way. No idea why she chose to cosplay. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

She "pours" spiritual treasures into her children, food is an afterthought.  She believes that "man does not live with bread alone."

Has she ever looked at her husband?

And lord the cowboy boots.  Of COURSE she bought cowboy boots 

• Like 11
10 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

Because she thinks everyone in Nashville dresses that way.  That is how the citizens in Nashville can tell the visitors from the natives. 

But she prides herself on NOT being like regular heathens, right? 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
22 minutes ago, AstridM said:

But she prides herself on NOT being like regular heathens, right? 

She prides herself on being so much BETTER than regular heathens. 

• Like 8
10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

This is giving me nightmares lolz.

DE4A54BF-729E-4567-AE80-05F452BEF46D.jpeg

Is he single? Asking for a friend’ 

AAD76157-3FE7-4152-B250-080CAB96CB11.jpeg

My Plexus friend posted pics of this guy when they all went for dinner. No jill in sight. 

• LOL 5
17 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My Plexus friend posted pics of this guy when they all went for dinner. No jill in sight. 

Jill only goes if someone pays for her. Doubt Mr diamond is going to buy Jill/David any food. 

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Here's a better look at Jill's skirt. She really thinks she's the shit. 😂

Screenshot(14437).png.c401fb20bc68ba7b98680a99edfcb38e.png

She is like, I'm a mother of 13, don't I look cute and young? Jill you wouldn't look so silly if you didn't try so hard. 

• Like 15
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She is like, I'm a mother of 13, don't I look cute and young? Jill you wouldn't look so silly if you didn't try so hard. 

She's practically a caricature these days. If not for the hate filled rants, she'd be a cartoon.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • LOL 1

She looks like an idiot in those outfits along with her dollar store press on nails (I’ve seen them there while shopping for cheap cleaning products) and that eye makeup! That’s not a smoky eye, it’s a chimney sweepers eye!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 17

Someone on the Sister Wives forum posted a picture of the Sister Wives at the Plexus Convention on the Christine thread. They were not wearing cowgirl wear.  They were wearing evening gowns (ill-fitting and not at all attractive dresses, but at least not a cowboy hat and boots). I still want to see what Jill thinks is appropriate for a dressy dinner at a conference.  I can guarantee she would not approve of Sister Wife Christine's dress--at all!  I'm sure Jill's eyes are being opened at this conference.  Get ready for the rant!!

• Like 11
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I had that skirt back in the 80s. 

Yup, me too, but the bottom was dark blue bandana print.  I wore it to see Dwight Yoakum open for the Violent Femmes at the Aragon Ballroom.  Good times seeing bands back in the 80's.

That guide about dressing yourself and then taking one thing off so you look better?  I bet she adds more.  She needs to take off every bit of crap jewelry, vest, caps, and scrub off all the make up.  Then she'd look like the modest person she thinks she is.         

• Like 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Here's a better look at Jill's skirt. She really thinks she's the shit. 😂

Screenshot(14437).png.c401fb20bc68ba7b98680a99edfcb38e.png

Very manly t shirt and baseball cap, Jill! The boots aren’t very feminine, either. 

2 hours ago, Teriacky said:

She looks like an idiot in those outfits along with her dollar store press on nails (I’ve seen them there while shopping for cheap cleaning products) and that eye makeup! That’s not a smoky eye, it’s a chimney sweepers eye!

And the ratty hair extensions!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Someone on the Sister Wives forum posted a picture of the Sister Wives at the Plexus Convention on the Christine thread. They were not wearing cowgirl wear.  They were wearing evening gowns (ill-fitting and not at all attractive dresses, but at least not a cowboy hat and boots). I still want to see what Jill thinks is appropriate for a dressy dinner at a conference.  I can guarantee she would not approve of Sister Wife Christine's dress--at all!  I'm sure Jill's eyes are being opened at this conference.  Get ready for the rant!!

Holy shit - Christine! Maybe JillR doesn't look that bad after all. 🤣😬🤣

• LOL 6