Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, louannems said:

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/category/news-updates/

Some of these 2 day photos of Phillip seem strange to me.  The ones of him in the dump truck horrify me!  I also hate that they dress a 2 day old newborn infant in khakis and dress shirt!

I hope they didn't pay someone for that set of really really, imho, awkward baby pix. And I bet they thought they were artsy. Lighting sucks in most. Especially the baby on a fur-island (blanket?) one. 

He looks like a baby-giant in some of them, particularly that dump truck one. And the laundry basket one.

Shame they didn't think to shoot when baby didn't have the pacifier.

The pix are kind of disturbing.

• Love 6

Jesus....so pris compares marriage to getting spikes in your hands and feet while hanging on a wooden cross? Sounds like a blast. Keller parents for the win, one son-in-love is a closeted gay and one a child molester and an adulterer. Dear Ma and PA stop arranging marriages you guys suck at it.

• Love 15

Wow, those pictures are beyond disturbing, especially the ones on the chopping block and dump truck. Phillip looks uncomfortable and distressed. The wedding rings around his toes are weird as well. Unrelated to the baby, why does Pris wear such a wide wedding band? Usually the ladies' rings are slimmer. It must've been a buy one get one at the pawn shop that day.

• Love 6

I was just going to comment on the wedding rings around Phillip's toes, but Bitter Apple beat me to it. That has to be the strangest one of all. I'd be crying too if they dressed me in stiff clothes & layed me on an old hard tree trunk or stuffed me in a toy dump truck AT 2 DAYS OLD!!  Hope they didn't have to pay for the pix.

• Love 7

David probably made Prissy take these. He's too cheap to hire a professional, and lord knows, these pics are far from professional. Hell, an 8 year old could do better. Of course, Prissy's mental age has to be taken into account here...

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

David probably made Prissy take these. He's too cheap to hire a professional, and lord knows, these pics are far from professional. Hell, an 8 year old could do better. Of course, Prissy's mental age has to be taken into account here...

If that's the case someone needs to take that camera away from her.

And maybe hide the knives.

• Love 4

Hmmm....have the Staddons moved to Big Sandy yet? Robert is the head of the website at Gothard Central; I'm sure he considers himself quite creative. After all, both he and David posted those inane "ring in a rose" shots to their _________________ Loves _________________ websites as part of their "love" stories. 

Speaking of love stories, I wonder about the state of TFDW's relationship with Smuggar these days. Does it even still exist? I'm pretty sure Anna visited them after the Big Sandy move (before the 20000 mile sojourn), but was never clear if Smuggar or the kids were with her. 

9 hours ago, NewDigs said:

IMG_0373.JPG

2 frickin' days old. Poor little thing. Welcome to your world.

That's terrible!  Why would they post that ?! Inexplicable, like the crying wrapped up izzy pic. Why??  I'm not sure how they'd think posting random pics of crying babies would endear them to their fan base.  

• Love 4

Those pictures make me so sad.

Poor Priscilla. Poor baby. Poor kids.

Hard to feel sad for David but wow.

Dysfunction at its worst.

At least they did it for jesus.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, NewDigs said:

IMG_0373.JPG

Jesus. I can't believe any of this. Well, at least he's obviously hetero, since he clearly insisted on lying in a dump truck. 

Dump truck. Chopping block. Paging Dr Freud. 

• Love 12
On 10/24/2016 at 0:39 PM, NewDigs said:

IMG_0519.JPG

Whaaa...?

And another "photographer" who can't be bothered with the backgrounds.

I'm guessing the use here of depth-of-field for blurring out the background was accidental.

OK I have never had kids, but I have babysat   a few. Are the toes normal ?  I am not being mean just have never seen a kids toes turn under   like that.

Edited by crazycatlady58
5 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

OK I have never had kids, but I have babysat   a few. Are the toes normal ?  I am not being mean just have never seen a kids toes turn under   like that.

Ditto to no kids but babysat. They looked unusal to me but I never sat with a newborn.

The angle of the shot isn't the best.and it puts things out of kilter.

Oddly, the rings don't really help the perspective.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

He looks like he's flat footed.  Poor little guy...bad enough he's been born  The composition and use of DOF leave much yo be desired.

the rings are just there to show how tiny his toesies are! The only possible explanation...or to throw superior shade about it being a in wedlock baby?

Curly toes. <-- actual name for it. I had it, along with my webbed toes (the second and third are webbed, the fourth and fifth were curled). It's a tendon issue, that normally sorts itself out, but if it hasn't by around school age, and is causing pain when walking, surgery can be done.

• Love 4

It's been many years since my kids were that tine and I haven't really been around many babies since, but it strikes me that between the weird camera angle and the fact that babies by definition, come out all kinda squished, his feet are fine. I mean. just take a look at the bottom of your own foot and see how turned-in the bottoms of your toes are. Maybe it's because I've done a bit of figure-drawing here and there, but I've had the experience of looking very carefully at various body parts from unexpected angles, and you'd be surprised to see that the bottom of your foot really doesn't look all that much like you might imagine it does.

• Love 4

The pics were done by a bad photographer trying to recreate popular Pinterest-y style photos (taken by actual, real professional photographers that you have to pay $$$ for). I've seen all of what they tried to do before, with the exception of the tree stump. And newborn photos are traditionally taken with the baby naked (not that you will see "parts" in the photos; they're tasteful) or swaddled. Nobody takes newborn pics with their baby in khakis and layered button down shirts except for uptight crazy people uncomfortable with nudity in even its most innocent form.

His feet look normal to me, btw. 

Example of what they were trying to do but too cheap to pay for:

IMG_4384.JPG

IMG_4385.JPG

IMG_4387.JPG

• Love 8

Year: 2026

Daviaaa! Stop scrubbing the floor for a minute and come and see your new brothers! Twins! Think how much fun you'll have taking care of them! As soon as mommy stops bleeding, she'll come and sit on the sofa and coo at the babies and start babbling nonsense. Where are Paul, Phillip, Brutus, Samson, Winchester, Butch, and Buck? We have brand-new manly Waller blessings to admire. Get the camera. Mommy wants to help me make a long video for our fans, who love us almost as much as Jesus does. Hurry. I want to get this recorded so I can go and write in my diary. 

Davia eyes the back door for a second and realizes there's nowhere to go. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He looks like he's flat footed.  Poor little guy...bad enough he's been born  The composition and use of DOF leave much yo be desired.

the rings are just there to show how tiny his toesies are! The only possible explanation...or to throw superior shade about it being a in wedlock baby?

Correction: bad enough he's been born into this hot mess of a nut job family.

• Love 1

Those pictures are just sad.  I'm CERTAIN that the baby was NOT comfortable with his little tender head resting up against the hard metal dump truck!  For the love of Pete, this baby should have been photographed in a comfy onesie with a cute design, not freaking khakis, a button down shirt and a  sweater vest!!!!!!!  I can't even imagine how hot that poor baby was...don't they live in Texas these days?  It's in the mid to upper 80s there this week.  And I'm sure it's been a similar temperature over the past week or so.  The poor kid is overheated, uncomfortable and not wanting to be there!  

I wonder who took the pics?  IMHO they just SCREAM Jinger.  Remember spurge in the netting and xmas lights?

?

• Love 7

My daughter just had a baby and had the requisite shots taken (minus the stump, dump truck, etc.)  Her baby just wore a diaper cover and was photographed with a gorgeous teal and white afghan.  Her baby's toes looked like that and one foot was squished upwards but they said it would straighten out.  Priscilla's baby looks fine to me. but honestly, that outfit is ridiculous!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, CatS said:

The pics were done by a bad photographer trying to recreate popular Pinterest-y style photos (taken by actual, real professional photographers that you have to pay $$$ for). I've seen all of what they tried to do before, with the exception of the tree stump. And newborn photos are traditionally taken with the baby naked (not that you will see "parts" in the photos; they're tasteful) or swaddled. Nobody takes newborn pics with their baby in khakis and layered button down shirts except for uptight crazy people uncomfortable with nudity in even its most innocent form.

IMG_4384.JPG

Good grief. Except for the clothing-optional part, this baby in the dump truck looks even more uncomfortable than the poor Waller baby. I can't imagine dragging a newborn around half the day and depositing him in all these "artsy" (yeah, right) positions. And here it is sweeping the country. Leave the damn babies in peace, people.

• Love 12

I've always thought that trend was annoying, but taking the above picture and putting it next to the Waller picture needs to be in some sort of "Most Hilarious Pinterest Fails" compilation.

• Love 20

I don't know how often it is true rather than otherwise, but I was reading somewhere recently that in many of the professional photos of babies in or on these props, the photo of the baby itself is actually photoshopped into whatever the prop might be rather than trying to get a picture of a baby peacefully sleeping in an unlikely spot.

13 hours ago, CatS said:

IMG_4384.JPG

IMG_4385.JPG

Aww, these are really sweet. The dump truck photos side by side = pinterest fail. <--- Whoops Aja beat me to it. Guess I need to read entire threads.

The chopping block is just beyond common sense. Find another stump of a tree if you must, but a chopping block in front of a pile of wood? How does that evoke any sort of emotion except horror? The background for the Waller little ringed feet, c'mon!

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It's been many years since my kids were that tine and I haven't really been around many babies since, but it strikes me that between the weird camera angle and the fact that babies by definition, come out all kinda squished, his feet are fine. I mean. just take a look at the bottom of your own foot and see how turned-in the bottoms of your toes are. Maybe it's because I've done a bit of figure-drawing here and there, but I've had the experience of looking very carefully at various body parts from unexpected angles, and you'd be surprised to see that the bottom of your foot really doesn't look all that much like you might imagine it does.

Could he be angry and crying, and clenching his foot? Not sure how that would look; I am trying it with my own feet and it seems possible. :)

ETA: the pix with the rings on his toes looks weird to me (I know: duh). I perceive those feet as non-baby-sized feet and the rings as HUGE. Modified shackles or something. Which - yeah. 

I also bet shoving metal between your newborn's toes makes them cry. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't understand these pictures, professionally taken or not. 

I think it comes from photographer Anne Geddes who liked to take portraits of babies in flower pots. Disclaimer: I never did that to my kids.

• Love 5

I love good professional pictures and have had a ton taken of my daughter, who is two. We did newborn pics with a photographer extensively trained with newborns and had a fantastic experience that resulted in great pictures (no dump trucks for us though...clearly a missed opportunity ;)).

Newborns sleep a ton...our session lasted about three hours, my daughter slept through 90% of it, and had no idea anything was going on, which is exactly as it's supposed to go, no crying involved. The photographer had the room warm, a sound machine going, and was damn near a baby whisperer when it came to positioning her. All of the props were set up on a big cushy bean bag that was comfy for baby to lay on. 

Clearly the Wallers' photographer had no idea how to do any of that, and it shows in the pics. Shocker. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Aww, these are really sweet. The dump truck photos side by side = pinterest fail. <--- Whoops Aja beat me to it. Guess I need to read entire threads.

The chopping block is just beyond common sense. Find another stump of a tree if you must, but a chopping block in front of a pile of wood? How does that evoke any sort of emotion except horror? The background for the Waller little ringed feet, c'mon!

Maybe little Phillip Andrew was performing his 'manly man' duties of chopping the family firewood  & fell asleep in the process.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't know how often it is true rather than otherwise, but I was reading somewhere recently that in many of the professional photos of babies in or on these props, the photo of the baby itself is actually photoshopped into whatever the prop might be rather than trying to get a picture of a baby peacefully sleeping in an unlikely spot.

Hope so.

I'm sure some do do it that way, now that you mention it (and hope it includes the dump-truck nudist baby above because that looks way uncomfortable (also stupid, to me, but I guess I'd guess I'm greatly outvoted on that one...). .... But then of course we have all the people copying those people, but lacking the Photoshop skills ... and ...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I think it comes from photographer Anne Geddes who liked to take portraits of babies in flower pots. Disclaimer: I never did that to my kids.

Oh, yeah. I remember those.

30 minutes ago, CatS said:

I love good professional pictures and have had a ton taken of my daughter, who is two. We did newborn pics with a photographer extensively trained with newborns and had a fantastic experience that resulted in great pictures (no dump trucks for us though...clearly a missed opportunity ;)).

You have a daughter. The Wallers et al would probably substitute a mop bucket for the dumptruck. Or a dishwasher.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

You have a daughter. The Wallers et al would probably substitute a mop bucket for the dumptruck. Or a dishwasher.

True, we should have put her in a prairie dress, fake pigtails, and a bucket. Would have been so much more "feminine". ?

Having worked with good newborn photographers, I don't think the dump truck pic is photoshopped. The baby is sleeping and has a blanket underneath him, clearly he isn't uncomfortable. Poses that are usually photoshopped are the "froggy" poses where their heads are propped up on their arms or hands...babies don't have the neck strength to do that on their own, so multiple images are taken holding the baby in place then merged together taking the adult hands out. Really cool to see it done. 

• Love 2
On 10/24/2016 at 10:57 AM, NewDigs said:

IMG_0373.JPG

16 minutes ago, CatS said:

Having worked with good newborn photographers, I don't think the dump truck pic is photoshopped. 

I know you were referring to the professionally done dump truck pic but I have to wonder about the Waller picture.

I hope it's photoshopped.

That little neck.

• Love 2

Oh yes, the Waller pic looks like a horrible position for the baby to be in, poor little dude. Unfortunately I don't think it was photoshopped either. They just have no sense at all. 

• Love 7

Just chiming in to say that while I'm no huge fan of the cutesy Pinterest poses, a good newborn photographer is trqined to ensure that the baby experiences zero distress. My daughter just did professional pics with her newborn, and she's such an attentive little mama, I am 100% certain she'd have stormed out and forfeited her deposit if he'd been mistreated. (I hope it goes without saying that while other babies look pretty goofy in those poses, my little grandson looks like an angel straight from heaven!)

The Waller dump truck pic is damn near grounds for legal action, if you ask me.

• Love 16