Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 3/4/2023 at 10:49 AM, oliviabenson said:

CE3CCA14-0658-46C6-BD53-6026C6453538.jpeg

Well, that shade of paint will DEFINITELY get me to sign up!!! For a puke bucket.

1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Lydia Bates is pregnant. (Shock to no one). Due in September

Trace is soooooo smarmy.

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
On 3/5/2023 at 12:52 PM, Meow Mix said:

I wonder if the boys who preached at the chapel service get a critique afterword.  Phillip's sermon sounds like it was completely inferior to the other four.  I wonder if he sees that or if he thinks they are off base? 

I would put money on Phillip feeling superior. He stuck to the KJV, only quoted KJV verses and preached only biblical interpretation or whatever they call it. If Mama was watching, she would think only his was the proper way to preach.

I didn't pay close attention to the others and their bible references when they read them, but I don't think they were all KJV. One of the guys had a quote from Robin Williams to illustrate a point he was making. I doubt Phillip has ever heard of Robin Williams. ☹️

• Like 16
  • Useful 4
On 3/5/2023 at 10:55 AM, LilJen said:

Well, that shade of paint will DEFINITELY get me to sign up!!! For a puke bucket.

Trace is soooooo smarmy.

All the males are, down to Jud and Jeb. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I would put money on Phillip feeling superior. He stuck to the KJV, only quoted KJV verses and preached only biblical interpretation or whatever they call it. If Mama was watching, she would think only his was the proper way to preach.

I didn't pay close attention to the others and their bible references when they read them, but I don't think they were all KJV. One of the guys had a quote from Robin Williams to illustrate a point he was making. I doubt Phillip has ever heard of Robin Williams. ☹️

I 100% agree that Phillip thinks he’s superior to all of his classmates.  I’m truly shocked that he’s still there!  I thought that after the first semester, he would have either run out of money and/or the instructors would have done something that Jill didn’t agree with so she made him drop out. Granted, I don’t know Phillip but IMO he seems devoid of any personality at all, much like his Dead Beat Dad.  I’ll bet he hasn’t made even one friend since he’s been enrolled in that school.  I DESPISE Jill for what she’s done to those kids.

• Like 10
  • Sad 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Phil ran to his Bible to see who these Robin and William guys are? 🤣

well he certainly can't run to his flip phone to look it up on the internet.....

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

well he certainly can't run to his flip phone to look it up on the internet.....

I bet his school offers some use of computers for the students. 

• Like 2

If there are computers, they probably are equipped with Covenant Eyes (or the educational equivalent) to prevent any students from researching taboo subjects.  
Also, Robin Williams?  They actually quoted Robin Williams?  Makes me think they did a search on a quotes site and had no idea who they were quoting. 

• Like 15

The pic of the little girls, the one's skin looks SO gray especially next to the other kids.   Something is not right.   Kids have different skin tones but not usually grey.

Also is the kid in the middle, the friend's kid?   If so it looks like mismatched clothing and unbrushed hair is a fundy thing too.  the child neglect among these dogly people is amazing.

I see Jill grifted at least a meal out of her "ordeal."   Oh big surprise the person is in her plexus line which means even more of the poor lady's money is going to Jill on the regular.

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
8 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Also, Robin Williams?  They actually quoted Robin Williams?  Makes me think they did a search on a quotes site and had no idea who they were quoting. 

The guy actually had a sense of humor. He said when asked what he was going to preach about he told people Robin Williams. Then went on to say he saw a video clip of Robin Williams from an old interview. The quote was something along the lines of "I may not make a difference in this world, but if I can make a few people laugh along the way...."

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Timcel has a dedicated FB! It's real, because Heidi and Ellen are friends, as well as various extended family.  

Know who's NOT a friend (yet)? MAHMO! 😂

I suppose now when he posts, it doesn’t have to begin with, this is Timothy Rodrigues…….

• Like 2
  • LOL 17
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Timcel has a dedicated FB! It's real, because Heidi and Ellen are friends, as well as various extended family.  

Know who's NOT a friend (yet)? MAHMO! 😂

It will be interesting to see how this news sits with Mahmo!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
19 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Jill created and will run the Tim Rod Facebook page.

That would mean that it full on exists to pay tribute to Jill. 😥

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, scriggle said:

How long has the little girl (Sadie? Sophie?) on the left been missing her teeth? It seems like her adult teeth should be coming in by now.

That one is Sophia, she is 7.  It was Sadie who is now 9 who seemed to be missing her front teeth for years.  When kids are looking as sad and malnourished as the Rods, it is hard to tell them apart.

• Sad 21

Sara Smith, the woman who fed the Rods, is in Jill's Plexus downline. She's hosted the Rods before and has appeared on Jill's Plexus Zoom gatherings. I don't think Jill has ever done anything for her and her family. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 16

So JRod grifted her way through my state.  Hope she's gone now, we have enough to deal with.  Those poor little girls look like they should be in one of those Feed the Children commercials.

• Like 9
  • Sad 8
2 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

So JRod grifted her way through my state.  Hope she's gone now, we have enough to deal with.  Those poor little girls look like they should be in one of those Feed the Children commercials.

Thankfully, she does not grift her way through NC.  This is just a stop on their way back to Ohio.  I know they have previously visited Mount Airy, I wonder if the Smiths live near there.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
28 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Thankfully, she does not grift her way through NC.  This is just a stop on their way back to Ohio.  I know they have previously visited Mount Airy, I wonder if the Smiths live near there.

I was going to say, I wonder where in NC she was?  I also wonder if that explains the schoolbus that has been parked in our local Walmart parking lot lately?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
10 minutes ago, tarheel220 said:

I was going to say, I wonder where in NC she was?  I also wonder if that explains the schoolbus that has been parked in our local Walmart parking lot lately?

The Rods travel in an RV not a school bus. They are not as of yet infecting the whole of North Carolina with their grifting ministry, just finding like-minded people they can swindle out of gas money and a hot meal (maybe lodgings for one night) close to I77.  

• Like 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

His mom is not his friend yet or any Dingus’s either. 

Is the Dingus girl Tim was splashing with dirty water while swimming in the drainage ditch during one of the Rods' picnics upset that Timmy chose Heidi over her? 

I hope not. Ms. Dingus did not die from dysentery that day, nor does she have to spend the rest of her life listening to Tim drone on about women's clothes. She has much to be thankful for. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 14
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

The fact that Jill is not a "friend" yet leads me to believe that she is running this Facebook Page and just saying it is Tim's.  Why would he be "friends" with a lot of her downline ladies?

I wonder why she didn’t do the same with her favorite, Nurie.

• Like 5
Just now, SMama said:

I wonder why she didn’t do the same with her favorite, Nurie.

Maybe one of her downline ladies just showed her how to use Facebook.  So much for listening to her son-in-law's sermon about social media.  Maybe she didn't do a page for Nurie because she knows her husband would not like it.  Oh, wait, scratch that idea.  I don't think Jill cares about other people's feelings, at all.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Someone other than Tim must be allowing friends because there are several unmarried, pants wearing females among his "friends".

also Famy wanna be Hallie says Heidi, sister Hope and Mom are attending Jill's Ladies Retreat. Hallie is not.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

also Famy wanna be Hallie says Heidi, sister Hope and Mom are attending Jill's Ladies Retreat. Hallie is not.

OK. No plastic baggie with ten pieces of loose Dollar Store candy tied with a used ribbon and a baby-poop-brown painted cardboard "sparrow" for you, Miss Hallie!

• LOL 12
On 3/4/2023 at 2:28 PM, BradandJanet said:

How about a cartoon duck wearing boots? 

The head of that creature looks like a wood cutout of a chicken but the feet are more lke a  duck wearing boots or shoes. Maybe she got them at a big markdown because the cutouts are damaged. But whtever they are supposed to be I don't think they are sparrows

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
20 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

That girl has too much life to settle for Red Flag Tim. I fear for her. 

She has well defined arms and knows her way around a rifle. I think Timcel is the one who should worry. JK

• LOL 20