Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Nessie shrieking continuously show the people, look at my rag lol. She certainly takes after Mahmo.

Jill hung herbs over the buffet lol. Like hey let’s add basil to my cheese it crackers. It’s hanging over the food anyway.

7E50BB85-4C76-4E8B-84A8-65A7F390E315.jpeg

Maybe Jill is trying to cleanse the house of evil spirits for the new year or perform some other pagan ritual.

Did the Rods stay up all night stuffing tracts into envelopes while eating cheese foam on olives and pepperoni? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
16 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Did the Rods stay up all night stuffing tracts into envelopes while eating cheese foam on olives and pepperoni? 

They were preparing the mailings for Jill’s annual retreat.

DE8A182B-FD01-41AF-9C81-E0C47486D1EE.jpeg

4B096A74-55F1-4719-A5D2-C3A0A331B0BD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 4

Because nothing says New Year's Eve fun like stuffing envelopes for Mom's big narcissism fest.

And someone totally donated the shrimp.  No way Jill would pay for that for herself (although 2lb bags of pre-peeled, tail on shrimp at Costco are about $34 a piece.  Actually pretty good too).

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, AstridM said:

Ouch. At his age, his insurance premium must now be sky high.

Assuming he carries any insurance. I can absolutely see the Rods forgoing car insurance because it would cut into Jill's hair/makeup/ugly jewelry budget. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 4
27 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Assuming he carries any insurance. I can absolutely see the Rods forgoing car insurance because it would cut into Jill's hair/makeup/ugly jewelry budget. 

True, but a police officer, not knowing how special and above following rules the Rods are, would ask to see proof of insurance anyway!

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Shrimp it is. The bowl is probably mostly ice. Still, what is visible wasn't cheap. Wonder who paid for it. Is shrimp a food the Rod kids even know and like? 

Isn’t Jonathon from Mississippi? If so, shrimp may be a favorite (even a tradition) of his and he had Kaylee buy them as part of their contribution  to the party.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
26 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

True, but a police officer, not knowing how special and above following rules the Rods are, would ask to see proof of insurance anyway!

Yes, most states require proof of insurance, and officers would ask to see it when they make a traffic stop, and could cite him for not having it with him.  Once I was stopped for being slightly above the limit, given a warning, and as I didn't have my current insurance form with me, I had to send a copy of it to the county office.

20 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Isn’t Jonathon from Mississippi? If so, shrimp may be a favorite (even a tradition) of his and he had Kaylee buy them as part of their contribution  to the party.

When I see such a large quantity of shrimp it makes me sad that for such a large group, they didn't use it as part of a substantial entree.  Of course that probably would be beyond their cooking capabilities!

• Like 10
11 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

When I see such a large quantity of shrimp it makes me sad that for such a large group, they didn't use it as part of a substantial entree.  Of course that probably would be beyond their cooking capabilities!

It looks like precooked cocktail shrimp, so it's not the best to cook with, but I hope it doesn't go to waste. Jill and David eat seafood on vacation, but it's not something the kids probably eat very often. I grew up in the Midwest, and we almost never had seafood beyond canned tuna. I didn't learn to like it until I was an adult and moved to an area where it was fresh and local. 

If Jill didn't pay for the shrimp, she probably didn't care what happened to it. Maybe Jonathan rescued the leftovers.  

• Like 9

We can't register a car without insurance and the company name is right on the registration. Insurance companies report to the DMV any lapses in coverage, so cops around here know within a minute or two of checking the driver's license or car tag.

Why is it these Rod boys can't drive properly? Are the roads long, flat and straight in Ohio?

• Like 9
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It looks like precooked cocktail shrimp, so it's not the best to cook with

It really does look like the shrimp we get at Costco (hubby hates peeling shrimp otherwise we would go with fresh).  We add old bay or if feeling really frisky Zatarains.   And that is the meal.   With a vegetable.   Sometimes, we put it on a salad, sometimes we take off the tails and throw it on spaghetti.  

There's really nothing wrong with Jill serving it in a bowl.   For what the spread usually looks like, this is a FEAST.

• Like 13
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

Wouldn’t that have been noted as part of the citations?

• Like 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

We can't register a car without insurance and the company name is right on the registration. Insurance companies report to the DMV any lapses in coverage, so cops around here know within a minute or two of checking the driver's license or car tag.

Why is it these Rod boys can't drive properly? Are the roads long, flat and straight in Ohio?

Back in my day in Ohio, we all took a full semester of drivers ed before turning 16. That included a lot of study and practice on the road. I doubt Jill and David spent much time educating any of the kids in drivers education. 

• Like 6
52 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Back in my day in Ohio, we all took a full semester of drivers ed before turning 16. That included a lot of study and practice on the road. I doubt Jill and David spent much time educating any of the kids in drivers education. 

As  understand it, in Ohio, a teen driver under 18 has to go through a driving school as part of the licensing process. I don't think any of the Rod children got their licenses before 18. I figure DBD "taught" them (all his bad habits).

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

In Ohio you have to have proof of insurance. When I was pulled over for speeding, I had to give my insurance card and drivers license to the officer. I am sure the kids don't get their license until they turn 18, that way they don't have to complete driver's ed and BME and DBD didn't have to pay for them to take it. Also the kids don't have to complete in-car driving with an instructor who probably isn't godly enough for the family or who may corrupt them. 

• Like 7

In our area driver's ed is required to obtain a license at 16 and a half - or before age 18. Taking the driver's ed course also lowers the insurance cost so in the end its actually cheaper to take the course than it is to wait and get a license without it.

Of course the Rod brothers' insurance costs have already increased due to their tickets at this point anyway, so they'll be paying the cost of driver's ed a few times over by now. Robbing Peter to pay Paul and penny wise and pound foolish.

If anything can be done backwards the Rods are the first ones to figure out how.

• Like 11

It is truly amazing how many times Jill has bragged how god has blessed them  by "growing their print ministry by leaps and bounds". Yet the blessed print shop still shares space with Jill's storage, laundry, Jill's beauty parlor, Samuel's table saw... etc.

They seem to run the print ministry a only few times per year and the videos show how crammed the space is around the machinery and show all the crazy wiring to power it.

The main income is still the grift tour. Along with whatever funding from they get from the Central Missionary Clearing House and the random pressure by Jill on her church folks, neighbors and random internet strangers to donate money or goods. Plus the SILs contributions ☹️

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I guess Jill's feelings are getting her at everyone calling her husband a lazy bum who refuses to work to support his family. Amazing how "God" decided at the same time that he got fired...I mean "laid off" from his job that he should never work again.

• Like 13
  • LOL 9
On 1/1/2023 at 1:23 PM, sagittarius sue said:

Yes, most states require proof of insurance, and officers would ask to see it when they make a traffic stop, and could cite him for not having it with him.  Once I was stopped for being slightly above the limit, given a warning, and as I didn't have my current insurance form with me, I had to send a copy of it to the county office.

Ohio requires proof of insurance anytime there is a traffic stop.  I imagine the police don't always follow the rules and ask for it, though.   A year ago, I got rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light.  My car was totaled.  When the police arrived, even though it was obvious what happened and the other driver was completely honest and upfront that it was all on her; I still was asked for both my insurance card and my driver's license and the info for both was included on the accident report.  Hers was too, of course.

So, yes, Phillip must have some kind of liability coverage on the car or he would've been cited for that.  There are all kinds of insurance companies that provide minimum coverage  for a relatively low rate, he's probably got that.

I got my license in Ohio back when the dinosaurs roamed.  Back then, it was offered at the high school for a nominal fee and included class instruction as well as actual driving.  I don't think the schools do that anymore, quite a few of my high school teachers earned extra cash teaching driver's ed.  I mainly remember watching the movies of car wrecks from the Highway Patrol with zippy titles like 'Death on Highway 12'.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 13
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Phillys tickets probably cost the same as his tuition. He needs to pay attention before he causes a big accident.

And seriously injures or even kills someone or himself. 

26 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I got my license in Ohio back when the dinosaurs roamed.  Back then, it was offered at the high school for a nominal fee and included class instruction as well as actual driving.  I don't think the schools do that anymore, quite a few of my high school teachers earned extra cash teaching driver's ed.  I mainly remember watching the movies of car wrecks from the Highway Patrol with zippy titles like 'Death on Highway 12'.

I remember we had a movie like that which was required viewing. I don't remember the title, but it was an older movie and not very well made. 

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And seriously injures or even kills someone or himself. 

I remember we had a movie like that which was required viewing. I don't remember the title, but it was an older movie and not very well made. 

The driver's ed movies were hilarious. Wish I could remember the names, but they were gloom and doom. 

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

While Phillip's school likely doesn't demand much academically, I bet they're strict on attendance and punctuality. Since Jill and David are known to keep the kids up late, Phil may have trouble getting up on time and rushes to get to class.

I think this is true as well. I am guessing that is why he moved to the "upstairs attic". The need for quiet to study and for sleep. (now he has Sammers and Gabriel as roommates again)

Of all the reasons for Phillip to be unsuccessful at his bible school, I never even thought about loss of a driver's license being in the realm of possibility. ☹️

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In our area driver's ed is required to obtain a license at 16 and a half - or before age 18. Taking the driver's ed course also lowers the insurance cost so in the end its actually cheaper to take the course than it is to wait and get a license without it.

Of course the Rod brothers' insurance costs have already increased due to their tickets at this point anyway, so they'll be paying the cost of driver's ed a few times over by now. Robbing Peter to pay Paul and penny wise and pound foolish.

If anything can be done backwards the Rods are the first ones to figure out how.

When I was in high school ( a long time ago) Driver's Ed was a required class.  We had class work and behind the wheel training.  The class counted toward your GPA.  My brother was sole Valedictorian of his class because his good friend, also a straight A student, got a B in Driver's Ed.  I just don't understand why the Rods take safety so lightly.  No car seats for infants, driving unsafely, piling up tickets.  Do they really think they are so special that the rules just don't count for them?

• Like 11

How could Jill not stay home with the babies as fast as they were pumping them out? Anyway, the thought of David laboring away at two jobs "in the secular world" makes me laugh. (The words "David," "labor," and "jobs" in the same sentence is funny enough.) Where else would he be able to make a living and support his family? We now know the answer: Nowhere. 

These two decided early on that neither wanted to be employed. The art of the grift was born of necessity.  

• Like 13
  • LOL 4
On 1/1/2023 at 10:38 PM, AstridM said:

Wouldn’t that have been noted as part of the citations?

Yes, but speaking from experience in the state that once had the nation's highest insurance rates -- people will get insurance long enough to get rid of the ticket or renew their tags, then drop it. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rods did something like that. If they do carry auto insurance, they have to be paying out the ass, what with multiple idiots getting multiple tickets, and all the accidents. 

I can't see Jill willingly paying for insurance when all that money can be used on her instead. 

• Like 14
On 12/31/2022 at 10:49 AM, BradandJanet said:

Pizza fits the regular Rod diet of fat, carbohydrate, and salt. At least at a restaurant, all the food comes at the same time, and the kids don't have to wait for David and Jill to dip up before finding out if anything is left.

One a different note, I lost my Edit function in the site update. Did anyone else? I like to correct my posts so I don't sound like semi-literate Jill Rodrigues. 

Oh, you KNOW they only ordered for half the people there, claiming that a few are fasting and the waifs will “share” with BME and DBD… and then the parents made a beeline for the buffet and loaded up with 3x the usual quantity.

• Sad 4
17 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The driver's ed movies were hilarious. Wish I could remember the names, but they were gloom and doom. 

I searched on YouTube for “old driver’s ed movies.” The first two that popped up were “Mechanized Death” and “Last Date”.

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

You know that, and I know that, but I don't think JillR has a good grip on that idea. 

I bet she praises the Lord on the daily that social media exists, so that she can serve Jesauce by sharing her fabulous life and superior ideas with the benighted world.

Of course she curates the information, and I'm sure she's learned there are some things that are best not mentioned. Like, how her godly growing kids are so devout that they fast. I suspect she got enough pushback and maybe even CPS inquiries over the fasting, that she knows to STFU about that.

But overall she's such a narcissist and has her head so far up her own rear, that she just humps like mad to put her spin on events and relentlessly posts stuff on SM. Negative responses are blocked, and if any get through they are just evidence that Satan hates her for being so godly. 

She sat with her phone going in church, to record and photograph Nathan preaching a sermon - telling Christians to put down their phones and get off social media, and proudly posted it to social media. With apparently not a flicker of a thought that he could be talking about HER behavior. That has to be one of the all time JillR classics.

Yeah. It's really hard to imagine that Jill thinks she and her family are some kind of inspiration to draw people to her particular religion. To think that Hunk quit his paying jobs to do this blows my mind, and in doing so, intentionally became unable to feed his own kids. He's as bad as his delusional wife. At least they did their parental duty to make sure their kids didn't get any ideas that a godly life can be lived in the outside world. 

I suspect both the New York church and the West Virginia church were quietly glad to be rid of this family of moochers with their big demands and bigger appetites. Wonder how the folks at Joy Baptist are holding up. 

• Like 20
  • Applause 3

IIRC he didn't want to work the days and hours required.  Whether he quit or was told if you won't work the required time don't bother coming back may be a bit open to interpretation.

• Like 12
  • Useful 4
20 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

When I was in high school ( a long time ago) Driver's Ed was a required class.  We had class work and behind the wheel training.  The class counted toward your GPA.  My brother was sole Valedictorian of his class because his good friend, also a straight A student, got a B in Driver's Ed.  I just don't understand why the Rods take safety so lightly.  No car seats for infants, driving unsafely, piling up tickets.  Do they really think they are so special that the rules just don't count for them?

They're not rules - they're Christian persecution.....

• Like 11
  • LOL 4