Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

It's great to know that there will be no more go to me fund requests coming from Jill, since her Daddy can afford to take a crowd like that out to dinner. I kid, of course! Jill and Dave need vacations, so the funding requests will keep coming. I hate how she was bugging Ma Turtleneck in this stupid video. That poor woman looks like she only has use of her left arm. I hope their visit is over soon and they can get back to their more peaceful home. I'm glad the Rodlets got a filling meal. 

• Like 20

Pizza fits the regular Rod diet of fat, carbohydrate, and salt. At least at a restaurant, all the food comes at the same time, and the kids don't have to wait for David and Jill to dip up before finding out if anything is left.

One a different note, I lost my Edit function in the site update. Did anyone else? I like to correct my posts so I don't sound like semi-literate Jill Rodrigues. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

One a different note, I lost my Edit function in the site update. Did anyone else? I like to correct my posts so I don't sound like semi-literate Jill Rodrigues. 

There are 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of your post. The edit button is there. 😁

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Pizza fits the regular Rod diet of fat, carbohydrate, and salt. At least at a restaurant, all the food comes at the same time, and the kids don't have to wait for David and Jill to dip up before finding out if anything is left.

I can still edit my posts 

• Sad 1
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There are 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of your post. The edit button is there. 😁

Thanks. I saw "share" but not "edit" there. I needed to scroll down. 

Whew. I've potentially avoided "a man in the laundromat brought to the Lord named Daniel" moment. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 17
15 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Good heavens the poor man is caring for his sick wife, they can't afford assisted living for her but Jill forces him to pay for pizza for the whole horde?

No wonder he looks shell shocked.

Jill is beyond belief.

The costs of assisted living and pizza are hardly comparable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
40 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

1- Not only can Pa and Ma not afford assisted living, they also can't seem to afford a better housing option than two twin beds pushed together at a house where pretty much everything the family has comes from the kindness of others (and plexus, I guess). The amount Pa spent on pizza for that many wouldn't have kept Ma in assisted living, but it might have made a dent in a hospital bed rental.

Is Jill any only child?

If I'm having trouble say, paying a $300 electric bill, I'm going to eat on the cheap. $15 take-out isn't comparable to a $300 utility bill, but if I can eat 3 meals for $15 rather then one, I'm going to be able to pay off my bill sooner.

Jill should have not let her father bring them out to dinner. A nice board game, popcorn and soda would have been an affordable family gift if they insisted on giving one.

I see a bankruptcy in Pa's future.

• Like 13
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2

I was digging around the rod blog archives the other day. A few interesting things. Jill has been working the long grift with her parents. Like Jill was ever going to take care of anyone but Jill.

In Dec. 2016

"My sweet parents – who are living in our RV when we are home and living in our home when we are traveling in our RV. They purchased a house 4 doors down from us and they are in the middle of getting it totally renovated and remodeled. They are making it fully handi-capped accessible for when my sister – Amy Foster (and her family) comes to visit. We have LOVED having my parents SO close!  We are SO excited that God provided them the opportunity to purchase the house down the road from us!  What a blessing so that I can take care of them when they grow older!!  God is SO faithful!!"

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3092

This post also includes all the excitement of going to Jinger Duggar's wedding!! Also their visit to the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum where, instead of paying, they peeked in the windows and posed for pics in front of it.

The entire post is very cringe worthy

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 2

I mean, I don't think accepting a gift from a (to some degree, at least) cash strapped parent is the worst thing Jill's ever done. Really, it doesn't even touch the top five for me (those would be praising the children for voluntarily not eating, taking pictures of her daughters with injured faces after a SEVERE car wreck, posing for photos in front of a casket at a stranger's funeral, the Olive Garden incident and the blue-haired women with children rant). The problem for me is that it's just one more example of how everyone has to shower Jill with gifts and all she ever gives is some off-key singing, hateful preaching and terrible, terrible make-overs. 

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

Pizza Hut can be pretty cheap, cheaper than gifts for each child. I can see Tim saying we would like to take you out for dinner as our gift. I can also see some sense of pride that he can still give his grandchildren some kind of gift. 

It could have been Olive Garden, that would have broke the bank! 

• Like 6
5 hours ago, satrunrose said:

2- A large chunk of Jill's shtick is about how people just give her stuff because they're just so dazzled by what a virtuous, christian wife and mother she is (this includes her own children who barely have two nickels to rub together). Jill never gives back to the community (barring musical performances of dubious quality). I have a hard time believing that there wasn't significant pressure on Jill's dad not to cough up some cash for the ever-martyred-but-always-deserving-of-your-money Rods. 

This.  Jill pushes that people just OUT OF THE BLUE give them a car, money, gift certificates, half a cow, whatever because they just want to acknowledge how AWESOME she is.   When in reality she begs and pleads to get stuff because she knows people are nice and don't want to see her kids starve or look like waifs.  

Honestly if the reality ever hits her narcissism, it is going to be UGLY.   Like worse than a Jill make over ugly.

• Like 20

So if her parents were living right near them, what happened? Was this back in West Virginia, and they ended up moving to Ohio, no longer close to her parents? given their parents had just moved near them, and they were planning on helping as they grew older (yeah right 🙄) that’s awfully strange that they ended up moving to Ohio.

• Like 12
6 minutes ago, awaken said:

So if her parents were living right near them, what happened? Was this back in West Virginia, and they ended up moving to Ohio, no longer close to her parents? given their parents had just moved near them, and they were planning on helping as they grew older (yeah right 🙄) that’s awfully strange that they ended up moving to Ohio.

Yes it was in West Virginia.

• Useful 3

The rumor is that Jill and David were looking for more isolated surroundings where  denying their kids an education and regular meals wouldn't attract official attention so easily. They also got into a spat at their church about doctrine and quit in a huff. They're bridge burners, these two. Taking care of Ma, especially now, wouldn't have worked out well anyway. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The rumor is that Jill and David were looking for more isolated surroundings where  denying their kids an education and regular meals wouldn't attract official attention so easily. They also got into a spat at their church about doctrine and quit in a huff. They're bridge burners, these two. Taking care of Ma, especially now, wouldn't have worked out well anyway. 

You're combining two different stories. They left their church in New York due to doctrinal issues and moved to WV. But yeah, CPS paid them a visit in WV, and they bailed.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

You're combining two different stories. They left their church in New York due to doctrinal issues and moved to WV. But yeah, CPS paid them a visit in WV, and they bailed.

Thanks. Rod history does get blurry. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, I just remember the church deal being in New York because they thought their pastor was too liberal. 🙄

Wasn't women wearing pants part of the problem? Anyway, the Rods lost that fight, and the church was probably a happier place after they left. 

Happy New Year!

• Like 14
18 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Wasn't women wearing pants part of the problem? Anyway, the Rods lost that fight, and the church was probably a happier place after they left. 

Happy New Year!

I don't recall the particulars, but Jill certainly loves to police how everyone else should live. 🙄

Happy New Year! 

eta I just remembered that the Rods are one of those fundie families who pray in the new year. I expect we'll see some pics of them being especially devout whenever Jill wakes up tomorrow. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Speaking of police/policing

In other Rod news. Phillip got another ticket. 1 week after he got the 2 tickets for following to closely and unsafe passing,  This time speeding - 77mph in a 55mph zone. Per the citation "Driver stated he is in a rush to get where he is going"

Citation was issued at Dusk, in cloudy/foggy conditions. No accident occurred. It was dismissed because it was not filed in a proper amount of time for Phillip to appear or some such thing.

Also interesting he was driving a different vehicle the second time. Dec 1 was a white Ford and Dec 8th was a black Honda.

Sucks it was dismissed.

In PA his license would have been suspended.

• Like 19
  • Useful 1
37 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Speaking of police/policing

In other Rod news. Phillip got another ticket. 1 week after he got the 2 tickets for following to closely and unsafe passing,  This time speeding - 77mph in a 55mph zone. Per the citation "Driver stated he is in a rush to get where he is going"

Citation was issued at Dusk, in cloudy/foggy conditions. No accident occurred. It was dismissed because it was not filed in a proper amount of time for Phillip to appear or some such thing.

Also interesting he was driving a different vehicle the second time. Dec 1 was a white Ford and Dec 8th was a black Honda.

Ouch. At his age, his insurance premium must now be sky high.

• Like 16
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Ouch. At his age, his insurance premium must now be sky high.

He's only had his license since June. There will be more tickets to come. 

I read that both his tickets were early morning. That would make more sense,what with him having to make it to class by 8.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Pizza Hut can be pretty cheap, cheaper than gifts for each child. I can see Tim saying we would like to take you out for dinner as our gift. I can also see some sense of pride that he can still give his grandchildren some kind of gift. 

It could have been Olive Garden, that would have broke the bank! 

That is only true if the older kids actually expect a Christmas present from Jill's parents this year.  Except for the littlest girls, Jill's kids can surely understand how difficult life is for their grandparents right now.  They know their grandfather had to quit his job, that their mother supposedly raised money for them to help pay their bills.  If I were an older kid, I'd be embarrassed that my grandparents got me anything for Christmas with all that has happened.

My grandparents had 7 children, all of whom had kids; ending up with 24 grandkids.  Every Christmas, my grandfather went down to the bank and got crisp dollar bills.  He and my grandmother put $2 in a Christmas card for each grandkid and used paper clips to attach them to their tree.  When we visited at Christmas, we would search the tree for our card, right up until both grandparents were gone.  When my older cousin had his first child in his late 20's; my grandfather hung two cards for him to find; one for him and one for his daughter, both with 2 brand new dollars inside.

Considering the huge number of grandkids Jill's parents have, 33, I think; it is ridiculous for anyone to expect Christmas gifts for the the grandkids, especially this year.  I suspect that Jill kept dropping pointed hints as to what  Christmas gift she expected from her parents since Jil was being so godly letting them stay in the barndo and all and that is why her parents had to pay for Pizza Hut for an army.  The notion that it is better to give than receive is not one with which Jill is familiar.

• Like 23
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He's only had his license since June. There will be more tickets to come. 

I read that both his tickets were early morning. That would make more sense,what with him having to make it to class by 8.

the first 2 were in the morning . 7:30am with a box checked Dawn. The Dec. 8th on has the box checked Dusk. 7:52pm. Dry pavement, cloudy, fog, moderate traffic in a Business area. He was probably late getting home to mama. ☹️

• Like 2
  • Useful 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Happy New Year!

In New York, Dave often got up and preached when the pastor wasn't around and at Sunday afternoon/evening services.  He supposedly saw some behavior amongst the members that he felt was ungodly and a sign of evil in their midst.  Not sure what it was, but, certainly women wearing pants could've set him off, or women with green hair or couples getting divorced or not having a gazillion kids or whatever.  Rumor has it, he presented this stuff to the pastor and the church board and demanded that they crack down on this godlessness or the entire church was on the fast track to hell.  They were not that upset by whatever it was and declined to stone the harlots or whatever it was Dave thought should be done.  Dave then used his preaching privileges to tell the whole congregation they were evil sinners heading to hell right along with the leadership. I think he thought that the rank and file members would agree with him and throw the Pharisees out of the temple.  Instead, the rest of the congregation was appalled and the pastor told him he was no longer allowed to preach and suggested they find a new church.  Shortly after that, they move out of their home and were living in the RV until someone at their new church in W Va gifted them with a house down there.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 16
2 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

All that salt...just looking at it makes me want to take extra blood pressure pills. 

David certainly doesn't need all that salt.  If he weren't such a hunk, one might think Jill is plotting his demise. 

Four cans of processed cheese? Really? 

Who paid for jumbo shrimp? It doesn't match the rest of the stuff on the table, and we know Jill wiped out her Plexus savings shopping for herself buying everyone meaningful Christmas gifts. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Is that a bowl of peeled shrimp that Rodlet is sticking her bare hand into?🤢 

That looks like an iPhone next to Renee. I hope it’s hers and that she’s using it to plot her escape.

Those look like chips/puffs of some kind. No way Jill is feeling her kids shrimp. That big bowl of shrimp would be $100.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Nessie shrieking continuously show the people, look at my rag lol. She certainly takes after Mahmo.

Jill hung herbs over the buffet lol. Like hey let’s add basil to my cheese it crackers. It’s hanging over the food anyway.

7E50BB85-4C76-4E8B-84A8-65A7F390E315.jpeg

• LOL 5