Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Whether the Amish kids go to "public" schools or one room school rooms, they darn well know how to read, write and do 'rithmetic.   Unlike the Joyful Noyes School of Whatever Mama Says.

• Like 15
1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

Whether the Amish kids go to "public" schools or one room school rooms, they darn well know how to read, write and do 'rithmetic.   Unlike the Joyful Noyes School of Whatever Mama Says.

That is exactly it. Imagine a Rod running a business successfully. The Amish also speak two languages. The Rods barely one. 

• Like 14
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

There is also an off ramp they can take as teenagers.   Now mind you most don’t take it for obvious and not obvious reasons.   But there is a degree of informed consent before they become full Amish.    

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Looking for garden ideas? Here you go!

Screenshots from a video:

743C0ED7-716F-4DD5-AC8A-A0293000CB6B.jpeg

782E303E-0869-4D8F-9B24-EA61EADD8238.jpeg

6F5E1F47-3C9A-4FC5-986D-DF46941B2A0B.jpeg

02989DF3-3B24-4EFD-B7DC-0786078FDEB1.jpeg

Interesting. Overgrown coffins as garden decor.

• LOL 9
36 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

There is also an off ramp they can take as teenagers.   Now mind you most don’t take it for obvious and not obvious reasons.   But there is a degree of informed consent before they become full Amish.    

Yes and no.  What do you think the ease and chances are of someone  finding a well paying  job in a non-Amish community with an 8th grade education in this century? I expect any that take that off ramp eventually return ( which is allowed since they left before committing to the Amish life).  

I think it’s not any better chance than the Duggars and  Rodrigues’s being able to function away from their parents and without a spouse. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

The lawn looks nice and green, but that "garden" isn't just junky; it's downright creepy. There's a lot of dead stuff in that space.

Jill's metal chair, surrounded by a pointy fence, is certainly a choice. Did she secretly watch Game of Thrones on the family room map, and she's not telling us? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
34 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's metal chair, surrounded by a pointy fence, is certainly a choice. Did she secretly watch Game of Thrones on the family room map, and she's not telling us? 

The church i used to work for had a metal folding chair in the children's area called the "make a better choice chair"  If a child was placed in the chair, no one could speak to the child until they apologized for whatever offending behavior. It faced out so child could see what they were missing with the other children and every other child knew not to speak to the child in the chair.

My mind immediately went to that - uncomfortable metal chair. with a silly fence. Some unfortunate child made to sit in that chair, next to mama(or Renee/Tessie) in her hammock swing chair and others cannot approach or talk to the kid sitting in the chair.

I hope that is not the case and it is just Jill's random, weird tackiness.

• Sad 12

If the person on that metal chair that is surrounded by the picket fence loses balance they are going to get impaled. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

If the person on that metal chair that is surrounded by the picket fence loses balance they are going to get impaled. 

Maybe Dave gave Jill that chair with a purpose lol

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

lotta stuff

I don't know why, but it vaguely reminded me of Tombstone and all the schlocky shit there.

She would love the Jesus-y signage and over abundance of tchotchkes-as-decor in Slab City, CA

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

And learn to actually cook, I imagine!

• Like 3
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The lawn looks nice and green, but that "garden" isn't just junky; it's downright creepy. There's a lot of dead stuff in that space.

Jill thinking: fight for my enjoyment! Please your queen Mahmo! (Evil laugh)

• Like 2
(edited)

Did anyone see the picture of the food served at the baby shower? Bologna on white bread, pringles and packaged pink wafer snack cakes. Yes, bologna. And I like bologna on white bread but for a party? 

I guess the theme was tea party but the sandwiches weren't even cut! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 8
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

With a side of green olives.  It's like the Mad Libs of lunches.

Imagine, you spent money on a gift and got a bologna sandwich! Don't they feed you that in jail? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
17 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is the queen of that ugly cemetery garden.

If she and Dave don't start watching their health, perhaps that 'garden' will need to be repurposed. JOKE!

• LOL 4

If they weren't wasting $ on Plexus, they may have gotten salami or some other sammie!  Maybe a quiche!  Honestly, that shit is robbing the kids of nutritious food.  Few hundred extra $ would make a huge difference.

• Like 8

I'm thinking that no grass grows between the trees because of their shade and that is why the lawn around it is green, but the tacky "garden" is there.  The hammock, tire swing and the rope chair swing are nice, but everything else is so junky.   That "road" or divider was a lot of labor to put in.  They should put chipped up granite in there and just make it a nice area to relax.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Did anyone see the picture of the food served at the baby shower? Bologna on white bread, pringles and packaged pink wafer snack cakes. Yes, bologna. And I like bologna on white bread but for a party? 

I guess no one told the about Listeria in processed lunch meats not being good for pregnant women.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
4 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I guess no one told the about Listeria in processed lunch meats not being good for pregnant women.

Like they would believe it or even care? 

• Like 7
39 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

If they weren't wasting $ on Plexus, they may have gotten salami or some other sammie!  Maybe a quiche!  Honestly, that shit is robbing the kids of nutritious food.  Few hundred extra $ would make a huge difference.

Even if they weren't wasting money on plexus Jill would not spend the money for better food. Nurie's wedding and every event jill has at the barndo shows that. She already had to maybe pay for the little cabin venue.

The plates with the sandwiches were weirdly spaced. I bet one sandwich was divided for Sofia and Janessa to share.

Why was Timothy even there??

I think Nurie's tea party friend from fla was shown. Surely mama has an eye on her for courtship for phillip or samuel.

• Sad 6
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Even if they weren't wasting money on plexus Jill would not spend the money for better food. Nurie's wedding and every event jill has at the barndo shows that. She already had to maybe pay for the little cabin venue.

The plates with the sandwiches were weirdly spaced. I bet one sandwich was divided for Sofia and Janessa to share.

Why was Timothy even there??

I think Nurie's tea party friend from fla was shown. Surely mama has an eye on her for courtship for phillip or samuel.

Maybe she spent the food budget on the decorations? There was an awful lot of the usual crap she likes to put out there. There were mini pink dress forms. Why? 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2

Bad joke time:  what is the smallest sin in the Bible ?

flea fornication.  ( fizzy bear laugh.  ) y’all enjoy your day

• LOL 9
5 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Why do the shower at a rented location instead of the barndo?

It seems like a big waste of money. They didn't have that many guests.

So Jill could have another place to decorate? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe she spent the food budget on the decorations? There was an awful lot of the usual crap she likes to put out there. There were mini pink dress forms. Why? 

Because they were in stock at the Dollar Store.  I'm sure she shops spur-of-the-moment.  At least I hope she doesn't plan all this mess ahead of time.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
18 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

So Jill could have another place to decorate? 

Considering Nurie didn't even get her own wedding reception, I am surprised Jill rented a space.

(Jill basically took over Suzette and what's his name (Anna DUGGAR's parents) wedding anniversary party for Nurie's wedding "reception")

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Because they were in stock at the Dollar Store.  I'm sure she shops spur-of-the-moment.  At least I hope she doesn't plan all this mess ahead of time.

I can picture her going through the dollar store and anything pink, she picks up and throws in her cart. 

• Like 5
Just now, CalicoKitty said:

Considering Nurie didn't even get her own wedding reception, I am surprised Jill rented a space.

(Jill basically took over Suzette and what's his name (Anna DUGGAR's parents) wedding anniversary party for Nurie's wedding "reception")

and Jill was so damn proud to post josh duggar being the mc at the event. That Nathan is Anna Duggar's brother is never mentioned now by Jill

• Like 7
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I can picture her going through the dollar store and anything pink, she picks up and throws in her cart. 

I think she tried to do that with the snacks too.  Surprised there weren't lukewarm pitchers of plexus out on the table.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

So, on Mother's Day, Tim and Kaylee bit the bullet and went to church with Jill. Afterwards, they went to Walmart where Tim bought toys for Sofia and Janessa. Something his best mama ever wouldn't have considered doing. Just another example of Jill taking advantage of others, including her own children. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Sad 12
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Imagine, you spent money on a gift and got a bologna sandwich! Don't they feed you that in jail? 

I’ve been alive 64 years, and I have never seen a bologna sandwich served at any shower!

• Like 18
9 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve been alive 64 years, and I have never seen a bologna sandwich served at any shower!

Right? Not even on my saddest days crying in the shower with a bottle of wine.  

Wait what were we talking about? lol

• LOL 19
58 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I mean, they could have at least cut the crust off to make it "fancy!"

• LOL 10
13 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

The food looked absolutely toxic. So much dye and fake coloring. 

• Like 4

I’m still wondering why Nurie needed her third shower in 3-4 years. My 51yo mindset is you get one. Maybe another if a lot of years between kids have gone by (like 7+) or if it’s a remarriage/new family situation. Otherwise, Jill!, it just seems like a gift grab. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

A long one from Kaylee:

Spoiler

A marriage takes 3, at home and in public. 😉👇👇

Being married and starting our own family, has taught me and my husband so many things. 
      To start off, one of the things we have been realizing more and more, is the responsibility that lies on our shoulders, to lead our family in the ways of the Lord. 
We can no longer follow the leading of our parents, ( although they are GREAT examples to follow) but now it is up to us to make spiritual decisions, in our home. 
 Decisions behind the scenes, where nobody else sees. 
Decisions that we may think don't matter, because no one is watching us.
Decisions that are hidden and silenced from the world's eyes. 
Decisions that seem small and so unnoticed. 
             All these hidden, small, simple, in the home DECISIONS/CHOICES, are the most important ones we will make. 
These decisions and choices are not hidden from God and he is the one that we should want to please most.  

Home is where our children will watch us most.
 Home, is where our true character will be shown.  
Home, is where true fruit in our lives will come from. 
 Home, is where the Lord sees what kind of person we really are, deep down in our hearts. 

Let me be completely honest, WE FAIL. 
We fail to always have the walk that we should have with the Lord, at home.  
We fail to always keep a perfectly clean house. 
We fail to always take time for Christ,  his word and what matters most.
 We make mistakes and fall short of the Lord's love, forgiveness and mercy in our lives. 
 But, we must say, the Lord has been teaching us and showing us the importance of putting him FIRST, in all things. 

It is sooo critical to have a walk with the Lord.....AT HOME. 
  It is so critical to live our lives pleasing to him, when no ones sees. 
It is so critical for Gideon (and any other, future children, the Lord may bless us with) to see that we live and speak the same way behind closed doors as we do out and about. 
It is so critical that our actions and responses, to one another, are the same, no matter who is watching. 
  It is SO CRITICAL!!!! 😊☺️

Sadly, many families and young couples, these days, care so much about fame.  Looking good to those around them.
Fitting in, with the world. 
Making life look like it's one big party.
Acting like spiritual living, modest dress, Biblical stands, virtue, faithfulness and more, DON'T matter. 
     BUT..........this is so far from what our lives should be, if you are striving to please GOD!!!!! 💖💖

We come on here and share this with you all, NOT because we are perfect at this.
 We simply come on here to share this, because of the Lord's conviction in our OWN lives to strive harder to be more for him. 
To be more for our family.
To be what we should be, when NO ONE sees, but GOD. 

These little, hidden, small, unseen, unknown decisions, will eventually become our life's most IMPORTANT decisions, we make and see. 
It will eventually become, the SEEN fruit in our lives.
      We love you Lord and may we.   remember, Marriage take 3 Everyday, every hour, every moment. 💕💕

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

94312EC9-F08C-476C-985D-146F190A9C5A.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I’m still wondering why Nurie needed her third shower in 3-4 years. My 51yo mindset is you get one. Maybe another if a lot of years between kids have gone by (like 7+) or if it’s a remarriage/new family situation. Otherwise, Jill!, it just seems like a gift grab. 

This is a GIRL and she cannot wear anything, even a onesie, that her brothers wore.  But next year when she's pregnant with #4, they shouldn't have a shower because at that time they will have children of both sexes - or is that genders?  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Why do the shower at a rented location instead of the barndo?

It seems like a big waste of money. They didn't have that many guests.

Because Nurie is having Jill's FIRST GRANDAUGHTER.    How else can Jill brag about it if she doesn't have the shower somewhere other than the Barndo?   You know she told all the people at the location she was throwing a shower for her daughter who was having HER FIRST GRANDAUGHTER.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

We love you Lord and may we.   remember, Marriage take 3 Everyday, every hour, every moment. 💕💕

I have read this "sentence" several times and still have no earthly clue what she means.  Up until this part, I was only partially convinced that Kaylee actually wrote this novella (constant misuse of commas not withstanding) but I feel certain that she did.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

We love you Lord and may we.   remember, Marriage take 3 Everyday, every hour, every moment. 💕💕

I have read this "sentence" several times and still have no earthly clue what she means.  Up until this part, I was only partially convinced that Kaylee actually wrote this novella (constant misuse of commas not withstanding) but I feel certain that she did.

She's had over a year now to read Jill's crazy online lectures soliloquies. Kaylee is learning from the best.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
17 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I think she tried to do that with the snacks too.  Surprised there weren't lukewarm pitchers of plexus out on the table.

Are you kidding? Plexus is far too precious and expensive for her to waste like that! 😆

• Like 3
  • LOL 6