Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

This should be renamed The David and Jill Rodriguez thread.  I have come here often looking for Bates news but its always the Rodriguez family!  Thank you.

The Bateses have their own board (you know that 😃). I think this thread came to be before BUB. Now it's kind of redundant. 

I've posted about Duggar friends the Maxwells here. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

The Bateses have their own board. I think this thread came to be before BUB. Now it's kind of redundant. 

Yes and I follow there but this one 95% Rodriguez family.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Lord John Grey said:

Jill will be forever explaining that AndGrandson was SEVERELY premature lest anyone question the 8 months between his parents marriage and his birth.

Oh, that's just perfect!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

If by chance Jill qualified for the Hawaii trip, we know she'd have the balls to put up a GoFundMe to grift as much as the suckers (donors) would send her.

The people at GoFundMe have developed their expertise in declining fraudulent accounts so I don't think she'd succeed with yet another account.  Her current one for Ma was legitimate although we suspect Jill has benefited most from it.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
23 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

It's nice to see one Rodlet who appears well-fed.  Obviously, it's the meals he gets away from home.

Before he started school, he was the most emaciated one of the bunch.  That speaks loud and clear that the Rod parents are, in fact, NOT feeding their children properly.

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 11
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Before he started school, he was the most emaciated one of the bunch.  That speaks loud and clear that the Rod parents are, in fact, NOT feeding their children properly.

True dat. His cheekbones could cut glass. He's really filled out to normal size this past year.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I thought the same thing! Go fund me for Jill ahem Kaylee.

4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill is probably setting up the Gofundme/send donations direct to me page for the Hill family even as we speak. 🙄

I guess Hunk's trip to Hawaii is going to be paid for.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I guess Hunk's trip to Hawaii is going to be paid for.

The early arrival of Baby Hill presents a bit of a problem for Jill. Not only does she have to be the doting Best Mimi Ever while he's in the NICU in West Virginia, she also has to keep racking up those Plexus points to get a chance to take the trip. The younger Rodlets are really on their own this summer. 

I really hope Kaylee hasn't been drinking Plexus these past months. Maybe the stuff is harmless, but I don't think it's advised for pregnant people. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 14
  • Sad 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think the Rodrigues contingent just provides so much more opportunity for snark than almost any other fundie clan. Jill truly is the gift that keeps on giving (if she knew someone said that, she would doubtless try to figure out how to monetize it), and offshoots such as Hunk and Timbits are almost as entertaining. Then there is also all the room for genuine worry about the way the kids are being brought up. Whether you want to laugh or cry, it's a one-stop thread for emotion.

I've just listened to an episode in the Leaving Eden podcast series. Leaving Eden features two hosts. One is a woman reared in IFB who has left, and the other is a male friend of hers. They discuss fundie matters. The episode I listened to today, featured two ex-IBLP folks - Chad and Lindsay - who appeared in Shiny Happy People. At one point someone mentioned JillR's brief appearance in SHP. They were obviously familiar with Jill, and talked for a minute about the idea of her being featured in a show. With much hilarity.

Chad and Lindsey had been asked if they knew in advance all the people who would be featured in the show, and they said they knew of a few but not everyone. After laughing about their surprise to see Paul and Morgan, Chad then said the producers' including the "Jill Rodrigues jump scare was amazing." They went on to suggest a documentary about Jill Rodrigues -" it would be like Tiger King!" Then I think it was Chad who said, if the Duggars were the IBLP's poster child family, the Rods were the opposite. He imagined a documentary where instead of presenting the Duggars as how to be an IBLP family the correct way, the IBLP could do a documentary with the Rods that shows, this is what happens when you do Fundie stupid.

Jill's well known in certain circles, but I don't think it's in a way she'd like to be.

ETA: The episode was released on June 8, and the snark about Jill appears about the 20 minute mark.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 13
  • Useful 7

Poor Kaylee, she must be terrified. And this her first birth experience. I feel so bad that she has to smile brightly for the camera and be posted on social media during such a scary time. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 14
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

So Jill starts out as ‘I was in WV and I was sleeping and Kaycee shook me awake’.  Most people would have  said ‘We were in WV and  we were asleep and….’ Since obviously Jill wasn’t there by herself.  But then Jill thinks she’s the only person in the room. 

I hope the hospital separates  her from K and J so that they can have the baby and absorb the situation without her stealing the moment for herself.  This is their time, not hers 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 14
  • Applause 8

I'm curious when exactly it all started. Jill said she was "woken up" but also is wearing patriotic themed earrings and necklace. I get throwing on more appropriate clothes quickly if she was in pajamas, but did she really make her daughter in preterm labor wait while she accessorized and did her hair? (we know the crusty racoon eyes are three days worth of layers) Or was she actually woken from a mid day nap...that probably coincided with the bulk of the celebration prep needing to be done.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Aunt Vallory posted pics from the Noyes family 4th of July parade. Jill has posted pics doing this in WV before. Some Rod kids were spotted, including Janessa wearing Jill's pink fur cowboy hat. 😂

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • LOL 15
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Aunt Vallory posted pics from the Notes family 4th of July parade. Jill has posted pics doing this in WV before. Some Rod kids were spotted, including Janessa wearing Jill's pink fur cowboy hat. 😂

I'm surprised she was able to pry the cowboy hat from Jill. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 15
(edited)

Oh I hope Kaylee and the baby are okay.

Not even going to mention that person who takes photos of her daughter in labor.  This should be all about Kaylee and the baby right now, not her.  But wouldn't be surprised that having to take care of Ma while that person and her husband were traveling all winter and spring, not to mention expecting to keep thin during pregnancy because that person said so caused problems.   

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 11
  • Applause 7

I was going to comment also that Jill was asleep when awakened by her daughter and yet she managed to have that ugly black eyeliner on at the hospital? Is this the daughter that was taking care of her grandmother while pregnant and was pictured painting her sister's house? I agree that perhaps this poor girl did not take care of herself during her pregnancy and this resulted? I hope Jill didn't nag her daughter about her pregnancy "weight".  Hope all goes well in the end.

• Like 20
14 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is going to tape/post videos non stop. It will be her version of a reality show. 

I think that the Rod circus is definitely Jill's version of a big hit fundie reality show, where she is the star and her family are the bit players necessary to prove what an amazing woman she is.  I'm sure she feels that they all belong on television but at the same time they are far too godly to appear on the devil's box, which is why she must post every single event on her social media - the worse/scarier event, the better, to showcase herself.

That said, I hope Kaylee and her baby are okay, and I also hope Jonathan puts his foot down the next time Jill comes screeching into the hospital room with her camera already filming, but I doubt he will.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't know the timing of this but Jill posted: "Oh, how I LOVE the United States of America! Some gave ALL!" With a smiley face and three hearts, one red, one white and one blue. And also this.  From a woman who only knows how to take from others, using religion as her tool. I can imagine Jill posted it in between taking pictures of her very distressed daughter.  Ugh.

image.thumb.png.018b3dc7ec74dcc603097306bc99720f.png

Edited by wilsie
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

JillyBean was probably awake in the middle of the night getting all her patriotic posts ready. Cos she’s the most wonderful American there is! Didn’t y’all notice her red, white and blue outfit?

• LOL 11

I’m choosing not to post the pictures.

Jill’s post:

Introducing....
-Gideon Daniel Hill 💙 (Born 8 weeks early)
-Born on July 5th (also Kaylee's birthday) at 9:15am.  They held off labor as long as possible, but Gideon had plans to be born on his Mama's birthday and nothing stopped him! 😉
- 4 lbs. 9 Oz. 
- Kaylee was a trooper and did the entire labor and delivery with no pain meds!  💪
- Gideon is having trouble with his breathing, so they will he transferring him to another hospital with a higher level of NICU care.  😊
- Thank you for your continued prayers. 
-This baby is already SO loved!  ❤️

God is GOOD! 😊

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 10

I am so glad the baby is okay for the most part except for some breathing issues which is to be expected. It breaks my heart knowing kaylee most likely hasn’t held her son yet. :(. For the first time i feel a smidge of sympathy for the family. They have a long nicu stay ahead and that isn’t something I wish in anyone. 

• Like 22
9 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Kind of a bummer way to spend your birthday, but Kaylee now has a birthday present that will keep on giving! 

Her new son makes up for all the birthday parties and gifts andKaylee never got  at home. 

Four pounds, nine ounces is a good weight for the little guy. He should be fine. And he received a decent name! 

• Like 24

OF COURSE the child knew it was his mamma's birthday.   Good grief.

4 pounds, 9 oz is not bad.   It's small but not too little.   Fingers crossed this child is okay.   Because you know who won't let Kaylee actually have any time to care for any child beyond the basics.  

• Sad 12
41 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Her new son makes up for all the birthday parties and gifts andKaylee never got  at home. 

Four pounds, nine ounces is a good weight for the little guy. He should be fine. And he received a decent name! 

Yup, he will be, hands down, the best birthday present she's ever seen. Assuming all will be well, otherwise she will never have another happy birthday. So wishing harder than ever for a good outcome. 

As I said, I was born around 32 weeks, maybe just a hair earlier, but only weighed 3lb, 2oz. My sister, who didn't make it, was just about 3 lb. They can do so much more with preemies, and even micro preemies these days, that Gideon, at his weight, shouldn't be in any particular danger, but there are still plenty of risks, even more minor ones, such as developmental problems, which I doubt would get much intervention outside of prayer.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, oliviabenson said:

Yaaassss (smile) lord Daniel of the holy laundromat got honored. How neat!

Daniel is also Jonathan's middle name, so double on the lord daniel honoring (smile)

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’m choosing not to post the pictures.

Jill’s post:

Introducing....
-Gideon Daniel Hill 💙 (Born 8 weeks early)
-Born on July 5th (also Kaylee's birthday) at 9:15am.  They held off labor as long as possible, but Gideon had plans to be born on his Mama's birthday and nothing stopped him! 😉
- 4 lbs. 9 Oz. 
- Kaylee was a trooper and did the entire labor and delivery with no pain meds!  💪
- Gideon is having trouble with his breathing, so they will he transferring him to another hospital with a higher level of NICU care.  😊
- Thank you for your continued prayers. 
-This baby is already SO loved!  ❤️

God is GOOD! 😊

Odd smile emoji right after mentioning the baby is having trouble breathing! WTF?

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 4

He’s a good size and once his lungs stabilize,  he should be ok.   Probably only be in the hospital for a few weeks until his weight gets to a certain number. Hopefully he’s moved to a NICU closer to their home.   Now - if Jill will just let them run the show and just be supportive ( it won’t happen).  

• Like 22

4 pounds 9 oz is great for 32 weeks.  I took one home from the hospital at 4 lb 14 oz.  She was six weeks farther along and only spent a couple of days in the NICU.  Hopefully the steroid shot helped his lungs and he'll improve rapidly.  

• Like 14
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

He’s a good size and once his lungs stabilize,  he should be ok.   Probably only be in the hospital for a few weeks until his weight gets to a certain number. Hopefully he’s moved to a NICU closer to their home.   Now - if Jill will just let them run the show and just be supportive ( it won’t happen).  

Can you imagine what their portion of the bills will be? Unless they’re on Medicaid (unlikely), they will owe a percentage of the bill (coinsurance). 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

Can you imagine what their portion of the bills will be? Unless they’re on Medicaid (unlikely), they will owe a percentage of the bill (coinsurance). 

I thought NICU babies were automatically enrolled in Medicaid?

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, SMama said:

I thought NICU babies were automatically enrolled in Medicaid?

Not all NICU babies. Micro-preemies and certain other birth conditions, yes.  I'll have to go check the cut offs, but I don't think 4 pounds 9 oz is low enough.

The hospital social worker may have some words to work with the breathing problem, but 1200 grams is the automatic qualification and 1200 to 2000 grams if small for gestational age (he isn't) can qualify.  2000 grams is about 4 pounds six ounces.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 4
  • Useful 9