Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Then someone was guilted into gifting Nurie a car and Jill posted they put the donation money towards a tow package so they could haul it behind the RV. I believe Jill stated they needed more than $3,000 for that and more donations towards that would be needed.

Then I was shocked when Jill announced she was extending the grifting period so  people who live paycheck to paycheck could send her money after their next paycheck!

• Mind Blown 13
14 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Yeah, I wonder how the owner of the house who gifted it to the Rods felt about them pocketing the profit rather than forwarding it to another needy family. Rather tacky in my opinion. But there are people who feel a gift, after given, has no strings to the giver, so the recipient can morally do as they please with the gift. 

I believe the house came furnished and, judging by the decor, the former owner may have been an elderly woman.  Perhaps she needed nursing care and had no family to gift the home to, so the Rods grifted it.  Surely that overly drecorated, cluttered decor wasn’t all Jill’s doing, was it?!

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I believe the house came furnished and, judging by the decor, the former owner may have been an elderly woman.  Perhaps she needed nursing care and had no family to gift the home to, so the Rods grifted it.  Surely that overly drecorated, cluttered decor wasn’t all Jill’s doing, was it?!

Doesn't AARP repeatedly warn the elderly about people like Jill? 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Doesn't AARP repeatedly warn the elderly about people like Jill? 

They do.  The latest newsletter had a good article on how to avoid being scammed.

Her audacity never ceases to amaze me.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Then the woman must have been extremely wealthy because otherwise the home would  have needed to be sold to pay for her care.  Medicaid has a five year look back to make sure assets like this don’t get gifted if they are tapped to pay for care. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

The month I turned 50, AARP started sending me mail, and they still do. I never signed up to receive anything.

DBD is 50 now. It delights me to think that the Rodrigues household may have received the newsletter discussing scams. I just hope Jill doesn't get any new ideas. 

• Like 7

No clue how they got the house. The listing for it, when they were selling, showed no dates or prices prior to them listing it. Apparently they had a rental in West Virginia for a short time before getting the house.

The closest I came to her writing about it is here: https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2061

“We are raising support to eventually get a house and garage and start our own printing ministry to print Gospel tracts and Gospel Portions and that is what the “printing” stands for.  David preaches as he has opportunity to when we travel and that is what the “preaching” stands for.  The 3 P’s!!

Although we were excited to embrace and follow this new calling God had called us unto, it was not without challenges and discouragement at times.  We have peace that this is the final step to finalizing what our forever ministry will be.   We know that this was a decision we made with God’s leading.  The process to find a home suitable for our needs has been a slow one.  But, finally, we have found a house.

My greatest challenge in keeping with your theme of “Am I Willing to Go?” is this……………………....

I want to stand behind my husband and his decisions.  I enjoy and am blessed that God has called us into full-time ministry.  BUT………….it has not been without sacrifice.  I (we) gave up everything we knew to move to a different state and then, we even gave up the home that we had in WV to give even a bit more of ourselves to God.  We have tried to witness; see souls saved; train up a godly generation (our children) for the Lord and encourage others to do the same; praise God through our song; proclaim truth on various radio stations; etc. etc.”

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 6
11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Also the genesis of Kaylee's brothers and sisters taping snotty signs on her back while she was washing dishes and Jill was laughing and taking pictures.  

100_43751-300x400.jpg.663b3ce8cbfcfcd8785f0e155d0521ed.jpg

Jill: "Adorable Kaylee gets teased all the time by her loving family when she wears this cute blouse."

I see a resemblance to Sofia there. Kaylee before the heavy makeup. And looks like she’s always had the rictus grin. The pleading desperate eyes came later. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

Other than Jill, who would want him? 

Especially a younger woman of child bearing age. She would already have kids to raise and be expected to have more. Not even the most delusional fundie woman would sign up for that.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

Teapot pose: yasss

Someone who is 7 feet tall taking pic: yasss

Jill professing her love: yasss 

Jill wearing manly baseball hat and manly hoodie blouse: yasss

(I need a plexus/hummingbird bird juice cocktail right now)

46C9C646-40D0-4C41-9D82-583A8EDA914E.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • LOL 16

Jill posts a lot of selfies taken in mirror mode. I wonder if she knows she can flip them in-camera to correct that before posting. I saw several other photos from that occasion, posted in mirror mode. In those pictures her hat reads "AMAM." Which is an Arabic word. I don't think Jill is into multiculturalism; she probably believes that God intends for everyone to speak English. Thus I'm mildly amused by those photos. 

• LOL 16

I listened to the video with Gabe and Hannah pumping the water.

Jill - "they probably used this to get water for the mules or something"  🙄

Shocked Dave actually gives the kids something to think about.

"Imagine having to get all your water this way, all the water for your bath and everything...."

Jill's response - "aww... we are so blessed" 😂

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Teapot pose: yasss

Someone who is 7 feet tall taking pic: yasss

Jill professing her love: yasss 

Jill wearing manly baseball hat and manly hoodie blouse: yasss

(I need a plexus/hummingbird bird juice cocktail right now)

46C9C646-40D0-4C41-9D82-583A8EDA914E.jpeg

Who is she trying to convince with this type of post, and so damn frequently? Maybe DBD is not giving it up in the bedroom, making Jill more insecure than usual.

• LOL 11

So, the family went on an “adventure”, seat belts optional. There’s video of Jill explaining where they were, how it came to be. If anyone chooses to watch it, keep in mind this woman supposedly homeschools. At one point, she asked David, “How do you say that river?”. It was the Potomac River.

She needs a new hat. 

The second picture is a screenshot from a video of her narrating.

95C6414F-048E-4DC1-8B31-56BAB44C3EF0.jpeg

F8CA8944-5DCB-4A0B-8FE2-8DBE62798F4A.jpeg

• Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 4

I have my own theory about the grifted house in WV.   I'm too lazy to sift through Jill's FB posts to find all of this, but I remember the timeline because it was when I was first introduced to this train wreck family.

• In the summer of 2014 they bought the RV and stated at the time that they would be traveling in it for 2 years while the saved up for the house that would contain their printing ministry.
  • They took their time getting on the road including moving in on Jill's parents for a while.  It was ta this time that Jill announced her pregnancy with poor Sophia.
  • They finally got on the road and that was when Sadie was put in the baby cage in the RV closet.  They had all sorts of adventures including making the kids schlep around Mayberry after everything was closed so they didn't have to pay while everyone had a stomach virus.  I think that was the year the spent Christmas in a church parking lot with no power in the RV because no one in the church full of meanies would host a million people for Christmas dinner.
  • They grifted around Florida including a stop at the Kellers for the winter of 2015.
  • It was at Easter time in 2015 that Kevin and Amy had the accident when they were on their way to WV to see the Rod parents.  Jill and fam were I think already there.  Everyone piled into the hospital and made a complete nuisance of themselves including having a gender reveal party in the hospital cafeteria complete with donation jar for Jill to get a new stroller.
  • At this time Jill set up the GFM for Amy and Kevin and also indicated that people could send checks directly to her and she would get them to Kevin (right).
  • In June of 2015, Jill started begging for a cheap house in WV with some super specific requirements.  Someone apparently sent her info on a house that was up for sale and Jill proceeded to rudely point out all the flaws in the house and that they wouldn't be pursuing that one.  Shortly thereafter she said they were closing on the house they eventually lived in.  They moved in sometime that fall.

Now it's clear that they didn't even spend a year grifting around in the RV.  I suspect that our Jill skimmed some money off of Kevin and Amy's GFM or just quietly kept some money that was sent directly to her and they suddenly had enough money to purchase the house.  I don't think they got if for free, but I'll bet they got it at a pretty low price and sold it off for profit when they skipped off to Ohio to avoid CPS.

• Like 2
  • Useful 15
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I listened to the video with Gabe and Hannah pumping the water.

Jill - "they probably used this to get water for the mules or something"  🙄

Shocked Dave actually gives the kids something to think about.

"Imagine having to get all your water this way, all the water for your bath and everything...."

Jill's response - "aww... we are so blessed" 😂

Jill gave her kids 1 bath a week lol. How often she bathes herself or washes her face?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

So, the family went on an “adventure”, seat belts optional. There’s video of Jill explaining where they were, how it came to be. If anyone chooses to watch it, keep in mind this woman supposedly homeschools. At one point, she asked David, “How do you say that river?”. It was the Potomac River.

She needs a new hat. 

The second picture is a screenshot from a video of her narrating.

95C6414F-048E-4DC1-8B31-56BAB44C3EF0.jpeg

F8CA8944-5DCB-4A0B-8FE2-8DBE62798F4A.jpeg

No seatbelts,  no car seat for most of the kids. 😡

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

No seatbelts,  no car seat for most of the kids. 😡

A few are belted in and of course AMAM has a seat belt.  The rest will bounce around like ping pong balls if they are in an accident.

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

They grifted around Florida including a stop at the Kellers for the winter of 2015.

I bet they imposed on the Kellers for a good long while that winter.    Isn't it amazing that G*d always calls them to minister in Florida in winter to avoid the horrid midwest winters.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I bet they imposed on the Kellers for a good long while that winter.    Isn't it amazing that G*d always calls them to minister in Florida in winter to avoid the horrid midwest winters.

Same deal with a host at QVC (home shopping channel). She  lives in PA and pulled her husband out of work and her 3 kids out of school for 3 months to missioncation in Baja. Hilariously, the weather there sucked all winter. 

• LOL 12

At one point, she asked David, “How do you say that river?”. It was the Potomac River.

Ah yes, the Pot-Oh-Mack River. 

3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill gave her kids 1 bath a week lol. How often she bathes herself or washes her face?

That's nasty. I am aware that some people think kids don't need daily baths, but weekly?! They must have itched like mad, and probably smelled too. Even as prepubescents, my younger brother and some cousins definitely needed a daily bath or shower. Kid sweat has a special funk. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
16 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Ah yes, the Pot-Oh-Mack River. 

That's nasty. I am aware that some people think kids don't need daily baths, but weekly?! They must have itched like mad, and probably smelled too. Even as prepubescents, my younger brother and some cousins definitely needed a daily bath or shower. Kid sweat has a special funk. 

Jill said in one of her posts:

first 9 kids got a weekly bath on Wednesday before church…

Yes just like you I imagine the kids stunk to high heavens by day 7. Especially the one’s wearing diapers. MOTY Jill is not.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 3
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m SEVERELY shocked Jill and kids did not go swimming in that lake lol. 

9C764479-8571-41FE-ACC5-A77424B2B7BE.jpeg

And why Jill always pointing at things with her finger?

Tim and Phil were thrilled to skip that fun trip 🙄

Every time  I look at Sofia, I just want to weep.

• Like 4
  • Sad 23
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

A few are belted in and of course AMAM has a seat belt.  The rest will bounce around like ping pong balls if they are in an accident.

It’s obvious where nurie gets her lack of concern about car safety for her kids. I wonder what Nathan’s excuse is?

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
2 hours ago, awaken said:

It’s obvious where nurie gets her lack of concern about car safety for her kids. I wonder what Nathan’s excuse is?

That still blows my mind. I know Nuri's not that smart. But her aunt was in a horrible accident that left her aunt paralyzed and was in a bad accident herself. And she still doesn't care about car safety?  

• Like 21
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That still blows my mind. I know Nuri's not that smart. But her aunt was in a horrible accident that left her aunt paralyzed and was in a bad accident herself. And she still doesn't care about car safety?  

"Gawd will provide." 

As far as Nathan, he probably thinks the kids are wimmen's business. 

• Like 13
19 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

ikr? They've got their swimming clothes on, so why don't they jump in?

• LOL 16
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I see Nessy is still carrying that filthy pink rag. 

One would think that since she had a Minnie Mouse party for her birthday, someone would have given her a Minnie plush but I'm sure if that happened it would end up with all the other ones that her Mahmo hoards.

• Sad 8
18 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

They all look to be wearing real shoes. How did that happen. Someone took them to Walmart?

On one of her grifting stops Jill posted the church took them to a thrift shop and bought them everything they needed. Maybe from that trip? 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
23 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

And why Jill always pointing at things with her finger?

Tim and Phil were thrilled to skip that fun trip 🙄

All of those females and no one could be bothered to sew up Sofia’s hem?  I’m sure Jill is proud that she bought that fugly dress at an Amish yard sale.  Poor child.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’m SEVERELY shocked the kids are wearing proper footwear.

Are they though? Looking at the shoes on the one in front of Tessie (coat?! tied around her waist - I’m not good with the little ones’ names), they look huge on her. Maybe she’s got long feet and is due for a growth spurt, but it looks like she’s wearing someone else’s. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1