Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just now, iwantcookies said:

I don’t think David wants to lose weight. He probably qualifies for gastric bypass. It’s interesting why he doesn’t want to lose weight and be with his jellybeans for another 25 years.

Maybe he’d rather Hoover up his children’s food!

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Why doesn't GWE take this challenge?   I have a feeling he might need more than  3 days!

Maybe she tried it on GWE and it was a complete waste of time? I’m guessing the guy in her Plexus story did more than just drink the magic potion. Probably made his tummy look larger for the before and sucked it in for the after. Fakery at its worst. And then reverted to the bloated belly afterwards. GWE probably won’t even do that, he always seems like an unwilling participant in BME’s SM other than when he’s preaching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 9

The before and after guy doesn't look any lighter in the after photo. He's sucking in his gut and standing up straighter, but the body bulk is still there. Is the Plexus' main office putting out this scammy claim, or will the company deny any connection? 

• Like 6
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Maybe she tried it on GWE and it was a complete waste of time? I’m guessing the guy in her Plexus story did more than just drink the magic potion. Probably made his tummy look larger for the before and sucked it in for the after. Fakery at its worst. And then reverted to the bloated belly afterwards. GWE probably won’t even do that, he always seems like an unwilling participant in BME’s SM other than when he’s preaching.

Eh, I bet she just used random pictures and don’t even know the guy (as is common in weight loss ads). But most of the ads we see are accompanied by a lot of small print at the bottom stating that the results shown are not typical. Someone should report her for what she’s doing.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Ummm, who’s Canned Ham?? 😟

Sorry. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping all of my SM snark personas straight! And then keeping THOSE separate from my real-life persona! 🤣

• LOL 9
59 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Sorry. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping all of my SM snark personas straight! And then keeping THOSE separate from my real-life persona! 🤣

I noticed a short while ago someone mentioned Nemo over on Reddit, and people were wondering who that was.  At that time I don't think they had come up with a nickname for baby Keller.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
14 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I noticed a short while ago someone mentioned Nemo over on Reddit, and people were wondering who that was.  At that time I don't think they had come up with a nickname for baby Keller.

He's known as Nehi on Free Jinger. 

• LOL 9
7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

It’s interesting why he doesn’t want to lose weight and be with his jellybeans for another 25 years.

If you were David, wouldn't you be praying for the sweet release of death?

• Thanks 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Technically, Hunk has a choice. The Rodlets don’t.

Hunk has a cushy life. He sort of works at printing the smiley tracts and spends hours at a time in the recliner watching the map. I'd say his toughest job is driving the RV. 

He's not going anywhere. 

I also have a feeling he's just as big of an asshole as Jill. He just doesn't get the exposure on SM. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Technically, Hunk has a choice. The Rodlets don’t.

Good point. He chose to marry her and has chosen to stay with her despite how crazy and horrible she is and how badly the kids are treated and starved. He's either agrees with her or doesn't care.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Good point. He chose to marry her and has chosen to stay with her despite how crazy and horrible she is and how badly the kids are treated and starved. He's either agrees with her or doesn't care.

I've heard his sermons. He's in line with her: bigoted, narrow minded, and just overall hateful people.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 3

I also think he just doesn't care. As long as he can eat, and have his jillybean gush all over him, he's probably fine. I think he has little to no interest in the children, except as unpaid labor.

• Like 2
  • Sad 13
22 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This is such bullshit - I do this all the time when I'm in a dressing room. Shoulders back, stand up straight and suck it in - just as this dude is doing. 😁

image.png.0394a9c4268d76b92881fc8944c6bf2a.png

Yes, my plexus selling FB friends have the same kind of pictures and are claiming they each lost like 5 lbs. 

• LOL 13
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I can lose 5 lbs in three days…when I have the stomach flu. 

Yeah, losing that much in so little an amount of time would be water weight. It would be gained back just as quickly. Jill, OTOH, is a charlatan.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Nothing from Jill? No one gifted them a bbq  or invited them anywhere? Or she was too full/tired and was napping with beau in front of the map. 

Also no mention of when/where the wedding of Jonathan will be.

And no mention of Jill’s upcoming wedding anniversary/vowel renewal party…

Wonder if they have cable tv?

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Nothing from Jill? No one gifted them a bbq  or invited them anywhere? Or she was too full/tired and was napping with beau in front of the map. 

Also no mention of when/where the wedding of Jonathan will be.

And no mention of Jill’s upcoming wedding anniversary/vowel renewal party…

Wonder if they have cable tv?

Oh don’t worry. In a day or so they’ll be many photos from their Christian Nationalist celebrations.  Complete with terrible flag shirts and manly arm wrestling matches. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 13
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Oh don’t worry. In a day or so they’ll be many photos from their Christian Nationalist celebrations.  Complete with terrible flag shirts and manly arm wrestling matches. 

And confirmation that they all ate meat, lots of real meat. Unlike those pussy heathen unAmerican vegetarians.

• Sad 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

And confirmation that they all ate meat, lots of real meat. Unlike those pussy heathen unAmerican vegetarians.

By "they" you mean Jill and Deadbeat Dave, right? You know they get the extra chicken legs that their kids sacrifice by fasting!

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Sad 8
  • Love 1

Jill just posted some videos of a sad sad 4th of July parade (similar to last year's pathetic display). Complete with Janessa walking (!) along with a pair of crocs about 2 sizes too big for her.😕

• Like 1
  • Sad 13
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

Jill just posted some videos of a sad sad 4th of July parade (similar to last year's pathetic display). Complete with Janessa walking (!) along with a pair of crocs about 2 sizes too big for her.😕

Her caption on the post:

What a beloved time we had with family in the hills of West Virginia for Independence Day - the 4th of July.  😊 🇺🇸🇺🇸

• Sad 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, katycat74 said:

Isn't Janessa 4?  She looked so confused and unsure of herself in the "parade."  And those crocs were so huge on her feet!  Maybe that's why she was unsure, because she was on the verge of doing a face plant?

One of the Rodlets didn't even have on shoes.  A lot of the others had on dollar store flip flops.

Frankly, all those kids made me feel sad.  Yikes.

• Sad 21

Those West Virginia parade videos were pretty pitiful.  Do the Fosters live in West Virginia?  There is one video where David is sitting on a porch looking totally checked-out--I think he must have been dreaming about his map at home~

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Those West Virginia parade videos were pretty pitiful.  Do the Fosters live in West Virginia?  There is one video where David is sitting on a porch looking totally checked-out--I think he must have been dreaming about his map at home~

Yes, they were at the Fosters' in WV.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

One of the Rodlets didn't even have on shoes.

...walking on gravel.

One of the more disturbing things I learned from the parade footage is that there are two of those hideous flag shirts.

• Sad 11
  • LOL 4
On 6/29/2022 at 6:56 PM, merylinkid said:

Seriously the whole family had to go?

Jill has to keep an eye each and every one of them. What if they meet an atheist? Or read a book? Or eat something?

On 6/30/2022 at 4:28 AM, Albanyguy said:

I’m disappointed. No J-Rod trip to the laundromat should be complete without an anecdote about converting a new heathen to Jesus

Any nearby heathens probably got the fuck out of dodge when they saw the Rods descending. I would have.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
On 6/22/2022 at 9:15 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Some individuals can get TSA PreCheck without having to pay any fee.  My mom has gotten it every time she's flown since the program's inception, and I will get it if I fly with her.  Neither one of us has paid for this privilege.  I have my suspicions as to how she is able to get this without paying--we all have FBI files due to my dad's job.  

I often get it when I fly.  I think there must be an algorithm and my age, gender, and multiple flights yearly get me the seal of approval.  Doesn't happen every time, though.  I don't have an FBI file or a credit card that would qualify me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Other than the two Rod boys it didn't look like any kid was having fun.

The poor Rod kids must dread every holiday.  Jill is, no joke, a f’ing lunatic.  No one in their right mind would enjoy that pathetic “parade”.

• Like 4
  • Sad 10
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

The poor Rod kids must dread every holiday.  Jill is, no joke, a f’ing lunatic.  No one in their right mind would enjoy that pathetic “parade”.

It really is like JillR is reliving a childhood she never had. Forcing all these things, thoughts and emotions on her kids to the point their heads spin and they freeze with fear.

I wonder what it was like for her and her sisters growing up.

• Sad 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

They could not buy her $5 crocs that fit? How she didn’t fall/hurt herself?

Jills maniacal giggling/commentary turns my stomach 

6CEF25D8-B687-4D5C-BC48-0758B225EE69.jpeg

She looked so confused in that video.

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It really is like JillR is reliving a childhood she never had. Forcing all these things, thoughts and emotions on her kids to the point their heads spin and they freeze with fear.

I wonder what it was like for her and her sisters growing up.

From what little I’ve seen of them, Jill’s sisters are sane.  Jill appears to be the only insane one of the bunch.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

My siblings and our friends did this sort of costume parade thing in our driveway back in the 70s. The difference being we were all in the 5-8yr old range. Never would have happened when we were older than that.  How embarrassing for Samuel, Renee, Gabriel. I think Amy's son Gunnar(?) is 14 or 15.

Samuel's pants seem several sizes too big in the waist - it looks like he has the belt cinched to hold them up.

Kaylee was the lucky one who didn't have to participate except to sit along the side and use a second phone to take video of the fiasco.

• Sad 5
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She looked so confused in that video.

They’ve also padded Janessa around the middle of her body, I guess so she won’t look like a skinny bee.

• Sad 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

They’ve also padded Janessa around the middle of her body, I guess so she won’t look like a skinny bee.

And if she falls wearing those too big shoes, she has plenty of padding to protect her. Seriously, how do you let your child leave the house in shoes that are way too big for them? 

• Sad 4
  • Love 4