Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This is so true. I'm surprised the options weren't...

• I'm having child 14
  • I'm having grandchild number 2
  • I gain a SIL in November
  • I have a new potential DIL

LOL! Putting the options that way (like normal people) would actually move JillyBean out of the spotlight! We can’t have that…

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, beckie said:

I hope (and Kaylee) and Jonathan take the opportunity to elope. Especially if Nurie gives birth near their wedding date, in the chaos they can take off.

Nah. I'm sure they are both good little fundie-bots who have been thoroughly programmed by their fundie parents, and they would never entertain an original thought or fail to comply with their parents' plans including their wedding. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Nah. I'm sure they are both good little fundie-bots who have been thoroughly programmed by their fundie parents, and they would never entertain an original thought or fail to comply with their parents' plans including their wedding. 

Yah. I'm sure it won't happen....

11 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I foresee a combination wedding reception/baby shower.  Then they only need one cake.

And it will be a really shitty one. I haven't seen Sidney Dingus mentioned in quite some time. IIRC, she made Nurie's cake.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Shame on Jill for using what is probably a painful situation for Timothy as click bait.

Shameless Jill did the same thing after Nurie "broke up" with the purple gum dude.  Nurie had said she really wanted to be married and Jill listed that as as option.  I think the correct answer was Jill was pregnant.  Nurie must have been so embarrassed.

(edited)
16 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I foresee a combination wedding reception/baby shower.  Then they only need one cake.

or the trifecta - wedding reception/ baby shower and gifts to shower  and honor jill for her 25th anniversary in Oct.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Nah I think  Jill is paying for her special reception herself. Nuri better not give birth around the time of the reception either and steal bme thunder.

I can only imagine how tacky Jill’s anniversary party will be. Shudders. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

When will "Jill hit menopause!" be a guess for the question?

Since Jill thinks she’s one of the girls… never. I picture her at 60 dressed the same with ratty extensions posing with her kids screeching look how young we are all are. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, awaken said:

Ewww, what an awful photo!  

She looks possessed.

15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Now Jill is claiming she's going to PT for her "bum knee." It's only like six months too late. 🙄

She was forced to wear a mask though. 😂

But her freedumbs! What tyranny.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

“Bulls eye for my babe”-Jill 

🤮🙄

Babe is so rotund he barely fits in the camera frame…

0E6AFDAB-B46F-4765-A888-67170F524F94.jpeg

She truly thinks she’s all that! 

Does she pose for pictures 24/7? 

152328DE-4BF8-49D0-8FC9-2DB0FFF4396D.jpeg

If she doesn't pose for pictures 24/7 people might (God forbid) forget about her and that can't happen, because that'll ruin her grift!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

B2E1AFE7-84CA-4C93-AAC4-1217EFAD3A24.jpeg

70283AA7-E1D5-4F7E-894E-E2954E588901.jpeg

HUNK being MANLY 🙄

The video was something. You have the boys doing something “wholesome “ according to Jill, and one of her daughters casually walking up behind them while doing it, mind boggling.

ABF712A5-817D-4205-937F-CE1C11EB6FBF.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Nah I think  Jill is paying for her special reception herself. Nuri better not give birth around the time of the reception either and steal bme thunder.

I can only imagine how tacky Jill’s anniversary party will be. Shudders. 

No way is JillyBean paying for anything for herself. She will work night and day to grift the party she thinks she deserves. NotNurie's wedding and the next Nurthan offspring will take a distant second place.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

5C940A9D-3BC5-46A1-BFBE-8D7A9213F5E3.jpeg

119C81BE-9F91-4ADA-B922-EF014146492A.jpeg

Why TWO nearly identical pictures?

oh, who am I fooling, I know the answer.

If she continues her rate of birthing, Nurie will be osteoporotic by age 50. ☹️

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What's behind her ear on her neck? She looks like she's a secret service agent wearing communication.

At first glance I thought it was an earring from the NotNurie jewelry collection, lol. Looking closely, I have no clue.

• LOL 4

On 4/6/2022 at 12:46 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

Timothy courting is always one of her choices. 

I realize that Timbot has no actual feelings other than the ones sanctioned by BME, but the fact that Jill uses her emotionally damaged kids as fodder for her stupid guessing games is extremely cruel, IMO - it seems to be a bit of poking a hornet's nest.  Tim is definitely odd, but I have to think that's Jill's bizarre influence on him.  For whatever reason she's not willing to let her boys leave, and instead they become - well, Tim...stuck in an RV on the back 40, living at home but not really at home, getting small tastes of the real world only to be yanked back by Jill when she thinks they've strayed too far, or may have possibly looked at a girl, etc.

The entire thing is disturbing on so many levels.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What's behind her ear on her neck? She looks like she's a secret service agent wearing communication.

I think it might be one of those mask holder thingies so that she can take her mask off her face and have it hanging around her neck every time she can get away with it. 

Like this: 

image.thumb.png.f0aba3dc7c69e2698fae2237c929fba2.png

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

“Bulls eye for my babe”-Jill 

🤮🙄

Babe is so rotund he barely fits in the camera frame…

0E6AFDAB-B46F-4765-A888-67170F524F94.jpeg

She truly thinks she’s all that! 

Does she pose for pictures 24/7? 

152328DE-4BF8-49D0-8FC9-2DB0FFF4396D.jpeg

BME is madly in love… with herself.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Now Jill is claiming she's going to PT for her "bum knee." It's only like six months too late. 🙄

She was forced to wear a mask though. 😂

She probably needs to rehab to have the surrounding leg be strong enough for surgery.  It will make the post-surgery recovery go more quickly and smoothly.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The video was something. You have the boys doing something “wholesome “ according to Jill, and one of her daughters casually walking up behind them while doing it, mind boggling.

ABF712A5-817D-4205-937F-CE1C11EB6FBF.jpeg

The two Rod kids in that picture are emaciated as f**k!  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I realize that Timbot has no actual feelings other than the ones sanctioned by BME, but the fact that Jill uses her emotionally damaged kids as fodder for her stupid guessing games is extremely cruel, IMO - it seems to be a bit of poking a hornet's nest.  Tim is definitely odd, but I have to think that's Jill's bizarre influence on him.  For whatever reason she's not willing to let her boys leave, and instead they become - well, Tim...stuck in an RV on the back 40, living at home but not really at home, getting small tastes of the real world only to be yanked back by Jill when she thinks they've strayed too far, or may have possibly looked at a girl, etc.

The entire thing is disturbing on so many levels.

I think that Timmy has been mentally, emotionally and, most likely, physically abused for most of his life.  He’s probably filled with rage (particularly at BME) because of it.  I can see him going straight-up postal on someone (his wife?) one of these days.

23 hours ago, Nysha said:

I feel sorry that Timothy Rodrigues is still single, but I also think he's creepily scary and wouldn't want to subject a young girl to his headship.

I'd say more "scarily creepy", but whichever way around you put it, it's still a disturbing prospect.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I think that Timmy has been mentally, emotionally and, most likely, physically abused for most of his life.  He’s probably filled with rage (particularly at BME) because of it.  I can see him going straight-up postal on someone (his wife?) one of these days.

And THIS! I was actually going to add something along those lines. I can totally see him alternating between a frighteningly obsequious affect, and snapping with no provocation or warning.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 9
(edited)

Funny how her knee didn't seem to be an issue when she was out frolicking around in the ocean or gulf with her children. Nor when she was jumping off the edge into shallow water at the gym/hotel pool or the family hiking videos etc. Now that the winter grift tour is over and the ladies retreat is done, BME must need some attention.

Bet me her physical therapy will be the hardest, most painful PT anyone ever had to endure and the therapists have never seen anyone with such a SEVERELY ruined knee. I also predict she will then need to relax in her recliner and get waited on for hours after each PT appt. (though that might be the usual day for BME anyway)

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 3
  • Love 18

Just caught up on many pages of posts!  Please Jill, don't ever stop being you.  You are my source of entertainment during slow times at work.  

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I can see him going straight-up postal on someone (his wife?) one of these days.

I get sick over the thought of Tim getting married.  He may not be physically abusive (who knows though) but I 100% believe he will be emotionally abusive.  He'll view a wife simply as something to order around and who needs to do whatever he demands.  I don't have any confidence he will figure out how to relate on any level to a woman.  He's one creepy dude in a really bad way.

I'm sad about Nurie being pregnant.  Too many kids and not enough money, next stop. 

I tried to find Nathan's church online but I'm thinking it's too small and doesn't have a website?  There are other Anchor churches and I found it super enlightening to read about the Pastors.  Most have doctorates and one wife even had a Master's degree that was highlighted!  Her husband was just pursuing his!  But in the fundie circle if you're a dude you can have a "calling" and that's the only qualification you need.  Infuriating.  

Jill's massive post on the evils of social media just boggles the mind.  Jill, if it's so evil, why are you posting ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA about the EVILS OF SOCIAL MEDIA then???  She needs to turn the mirror around and look at her reflection.  Every single thing she condemns, she herself is the biggest offender of.  

The niece's wedding was tragic.  Beyond the sad state of the bridesmaid dresses, no one noted that the groom was wearing friggin' gym shoes with his mismatched coat and pants?  I'm sure even Walmart sells dress shoes!!  Go thrift a pair!

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

The niece's wedding was tragic.  Beyond the sad state of the bridesmaid dresses, no one noted that the groom was wearing friggin' gym shoes with his mismatched coat and pants?  I'm sure even Walmart sells dress shoes!!  Go thrift a pair!

I didn't even notice! I'll have to take another look. 

35 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

Just caught up on many pages of posts!  Please Jill, don't ever stop being you.  You are my source of entertainment during slow times at work.  

I get sick over the thought of Tim getting married.  He may not be physically abusive (who knows though) but I 100% believe he will be emotionally abusive.  He'll view a wife simply as something to order around and who needs to do whatever he demands.  I don't have any confidence he will figure out how to relate on any level to a woman.  He's one creepy dude in a really bad way.

I'm sad about Nurie being pregnant.  Too many kids and not enough money, next stop. 

I tried to find Nathan's church online but I'm thinking it's too small and doesn't have a website?  There are other Anchor churches and I found it super enlightening to read about the Pastors.  Most have doctorates and one wife even had a Master's degree that was highlighted!  Her husband was just pursuing his!  But in the fundie circle if you're a dude you can have a "calling" and that's the only qualification you need.  Infuriating.  

Jill's massive post on the evils of social media just boggles the mind.  Jill, if it's so evil, why are you posting ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA about the EVILS OF SOCIAL MEDIA then???  She needs to turn the mirror around and look at her reflection.  Every single thing she condemns, she herself is the biggest offender of.  

Groom wasn’t wearing gym shoes. 

CA4B666A-265A-4FFB-BEF1-F1AD9A5EE375.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

In the alter photo, it looks as if he managed to find a purple jacket. If he could take the time and trouble to get a purple jacket, could he not come up with some dress shoes?

Edited by BradandJanet
OK. He is wearing dress shoes. And a purple jacket.
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Groom wasn’t wearing gym shoes. 

My bad!  From the far away picture it appeared they were.  Sadly, I easily jumped to that conclusion because I wouldn't be surprised!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Interesting, I have a friend who is a driver for the Amish. She was posting some videos and some pictures (from a distance) of a baseball or softball game during recess. She drove some kids from one school to this school she is at. I saw the girls standing around and then in the next pictures, there is a girl in the outfield, another covering first base, at bat...... It seems the Amish, don't mind if their girls play sports. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Interesting, I have a friend who is a driver for the Amish. She was posting some videos and some pictures (from a distance) of a baseball or softball game during recess. She drove some kids from one school to this school she is at. I saw the girls standing around and then in the next pictures, there is a girl in the outfield, another covering first base, at bat...... It seems the Amish, don't mind if their girls play sports. 

Around where I live, a lot of young Amish and Mennonite girls play softball.  They play in leagues and everything, like other kids.  In dresses and headcoverings, of course.  They do wear sneakers.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5