Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Good! There goes whatever was left of Lawson’s “career.” Also, no TV wedding for Tiffy and Lawson. Looks like Alyssa, Carlin, Whitney, Josie, and Katie (long shot?) will be in the best position as influencers. Not looking good for the men. 

I can totally picture Lawson crying that he is no longer a TV STAR. 

No more Duggars and no more Bates on TV. 2022 is starting off on the right foot for me! 

Huh maybe Jilldo and family can get a show on TV ?

Timcel car accidents (hidden drug addiction?), the poorly dressed eyebrowless lost girls, SEVERELY hard working skeletal sons and well fed/chunky PLEXUS SLUGGING mama and SEVERELY well fed POOPY who loves watching his map in a recliner (and occasionally prints smiley tracts) will make riveting TV. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

HUNK isn’t Latino? 

No, Jill is very careful to remind everyone that he is Portuguese and his family came directly from Portugal, not Latin America.

As for the age difference, Jill was 18 and David 25 when they married.  So, yeah, a 21 year old guy was lusting after a 14 year old. So, in addition to being spectacularly unattractive, David is also creepy.

• Love 11

Of course, this "we couldn't take our eyes off each other" stuff is all according to Jill. My money is on her having a (inexplicable) crush and David not even noticing her for (I hope) years. I'm sure I'm giving them WAAAAAY too much credit though.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

EDCADF0C-68CF-4E7D-815D-E3CBC798D5B5.jpeg

F9DDF59D-8011-4021-B6B3-FF59A6D29211.jpeg

27563087-5E11-4B74-96BC-A1F0C35DE00F.jpeg

The most direct evidence ever that her daughters are being forced into what was the fashion when she graduated from high school. Those pictures could be Nuri or any of the Not Nuries right now.

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

Jill looks just like Kayee (or Renee, or one of the not-Nuries--I get them mixed up) in the graduation picture.  The not-Nurie that is getting married soon.  Jill has changed in appearance quite a bit.

I think Jill looks similar- just a bit bigger (she was a waif thing back then) and blonde now vs brunette, but that face is exactly to same to me.

6 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

The most direct evidence ever that her daughters are being forced into what was the fashion when she graduated from high school. Those pictures could be Nuri or any of the Not Nuries right now.

I have noticed people hold onto the fashion of the time in their life they were the happiest. But Jill takes it to an EXTREME.

• Love 14

I wonder what sparked JillR's "We were SO HOT when we were young!!" SM posts. 

I noticed that the Insta post about the Bates' cancellation has as of now, 3,544 "likes" and 2,248 comments. The sample of comments I looked at were unhappy about the cancellation. I was kind of surprised- and pleased - that the "likes" easily outnumber the comments, lol. I'm always happy to see any reality TV family show bite the dust. I can't think of a single one I've liked; they are all freak shows of one sort or another IMO. 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I don't think UP's executives or audience would care about that. 

I wonder if some scandal is about to break and UP is getting ahead of it. It sounds like they were well into filming season 11, so the excuse that they want to switch to scripted television when they have a cheap to produce season of a reality show available doesn't pass the smell test. 

I smell Joshgate the Bates edition. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I'm with you all - something is up with the Bates cancellation. Maybe a Gil Gothard-like scandal? Maybe the Bates pulled out because a Bates kid came out, or because someone called DCF because their youngest kids didn't appear to be homeschooled?

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So we're getting ten more months of this? 

I agree with you. It’s going to be a LONG year.

I vote that Kaykay and BME will have a double wedding/vow renewal paid 100% by Jonathan. 

🙄 maybe I should quit following the Rod family train wreck.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I was in college in 1997 and Jill looks insane. I’m just a year older than she is and I don’t know anyone who dressed or wore their hair like this. I remember Contempo Casuals, Kate Spade pony hair bags, bootcut pants from Express, Steve Madden platform boots and everyone wearing that layered pixie cut (Nia Long, Meg Ryan). Jill looks like she’s straight out of 1987.

Jill’s look was dated when I graduated high school in 1990. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

HUNK isn’t Latino? 

1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

No, Jill is very careful to remind everyone that he is Portuguese and his family came directly from Portugal, not Latin America.

What the hell difference does it make whether he came from Portugal or from Portuguese-speaking Brazilians? I suppose for Jill GWE is thus technically not Latino. Nor is he Hispanic. He is ‘MURICAN.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

EDCADF0C-68CF-4E7D-815D-E3CBC798D5B5.jpeg

I’ll just agree with everyone else that this looks more like 1985 than 1997.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I was in college in 1997 and Jill looks insane. I’m just a year older than she is and I don’t know anyone who dressed or wore their hair like this. I remember Contempo Casuals, Kate Spade pony hair bags, bootcut pants from Express, Steve Madden platform boots and everyone wearing that layered pixie cut (Nia Long, Meg Ryan). Jill looks like she’s straight out of 1987.

I completely agree! I am three years younger than Jill and was in high school in 1997, in what some might classify as a "hick town" that most definitely was not on the cutting edge of style, and no one I knew would have been caught dead with that hair. 1987 is right....she's not even reliving the glory days of her own era but the one that came just before her.

In 1997 my friends and I would occasionally have what we called an "80's party" where we hit up Goodwill or our older sisters' old clothes to put together the most hideous, stereotypically 80's outfits we could and then take ridiculous photos together and spend the night watching movies like Heathers or Dirty Dancing. Jill's hair looks like something I did for one of these theme parties!

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, LilJen said:

What the hell difference does it make whether he came from Portugal or from Portuguese-speaking Brazilians? I suppose for Jill GWE is thus technically not Latino. Nor is he Hispanic. He is ‘MURICAN.

I graduated in 1981 and one of my graduation pictures has the same tilted head/hand under chin pose. Jilldo would have looked at home with those pictures.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

It's Jill. In her mind, Europe is just so much FANCIER than Latin America. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I'm always happy to see any reality TV family show bite the dust. I can't think of a single one I've liked; they are all freak shows of one sort or another IMO. 

And yet, without them, none of us would have ever “met” and had all this fun snarking. 😛

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In a weird twist of fate, Jazz's sister Ari now lives in Fayetteville, AR. Working on her PhD at U of A.

I wonder which department she is in. I did some tentative looking and didn't see anything. 

Just now, Zella said:

I wonder which department she is in. I did some tentative looking and didn't see anything. 

I'm not sure, maybe nutrition? I know her other interest is music. I think their show is about a year behind in filming. Its possible Ari and Derick attended at the same time.

• Useful 3
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure, maybe nutrition? I know her other interest is music. I think their show is about a year behind in filming. Its possible Ari and Derick attended at the same time.

Interesting. I don't know about nutrition specifically, but U of A has one of the top food science programs in the country. If that's where her interest is, I could definitely see why it would be an attractive university for her. 

• Useful 4
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Interesting. I don't know about nutrition specifically, but U of A has one of the top food science programs in the country. If that's where her interest is, I could definitely see why it would be an attractive university for her. 

I thought it was psychology.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
Just now, SMama said:

I thought it was psychology.

Yeah I don't know anything about their psychology program. I just know the food science program is a big deal and attracts a lot of people from around the country and world. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm kind of leaning toward a really big scandal and/or UP allowing the Bates to pull the brakes on the show. I don't think UP would cancel due to a potential documentary that may come out in a year or two. A documentary that would only include the Bates, not about the Bates, and likely won't include anything that's not already public knowledge.

Plus UP kept airing 7th Heaven reruns after Collins admitted to in person CSA. Which brings me back to thinking its a big (to the Bates anyway) scandal and a very recent scandal.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20