Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

How does a car “violently slip on ice?” Are cars violent? Is Tim’s car named Christine, by chance? Jill must teach this violent car the ways of the Lord.

You must be new here. The car would be named Jill.

• LOL 24

JRod has posted pictures on FB of her and her “girlies” having a “day out”.  There’s a short video and BME’s voice, and then Renee’s, is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I wonder if Jill made them talk like that when they were little and now it’s second nature?  Was it part of the brainwashing that goes on in that family?  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has posted pictures on FB of her and her “girlies” having a “day out”.  There’s a short video and BME’s voice, and then Renee’s, is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I wonder if Jill made them talk like that when they were little and now it’s second nature?  Was it part of the brainwashing that goes on in that family?  

Jill keeps the kids fairly isolated and in her direct control. People in cults sometimes pick up the cult leader's speech patterns. I doubt Jill is actively teaching the kids to talk in her creepy baby-talk style, but I'm sure they get morsels of praise for mirroring her, and Jill gets to start working on them at birth. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill keeps the kids fairly isolated and in her direct control. People in cults sometimes pick up the cult leader's speech patterns. I doubt Jill is actively teaching the kids to talk in her creepy baby-talk style, but I'm sure they get morsels of praise for mirroring her, and Jill gets to start working on them at birth. 

I agree, Jill's kids, have virtually no exposure to anyone else's speaking voice, especially women.  They don't have TV, don't go online without supervision, they don't go to school or have friends.  Their church doesn't allow women to preach.  The kids all sound strange when speaking and I think it is mostly because Jill probably is either doing the sickly sweet babytalk when she's filming or yelling at them/chastising them when she's not.  So, they mimic her speech pattern, especially her 'nice Mama' voice.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

How do Carlin and Evan feel about Brandon and Michaela who have prayed for a baby, but cannot conceive? Why won't God bless them?

I doubt Carlin can be bothered to acknowledge anyone else, much less give a damn about them. 

• Love 15
50 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

How do Carlin and Evan feel about Brandon and Michaela who have prayed for a baby, but cannot conceive? Why won't God bless them?

I don't think any of the Bates kids give Michael a second thought (until they need a babysitter, of course). She's never included in anything that doesn't benefit someone else. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

A “day out” from what, for goodness sake. They just got home from a long vacation. 

• Love 20
12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder if it ever occurs to her that people might think she's a single mother when she goes out with the girls? She seems to think that's an awful thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, beckie said:

I wonder if it ever occurs to her that people might think she's a single mother when she goes out with the girls? She seems to think that's an awful thing.

No, she thinks everyone thinks it’s a bunch of girls out having fun. Like no one notices she’s older than the girls. They’re all sweet friends after all.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ozziemom said:

No, she thinks everyone thinks it’s a bunch of girls out having fun. Like no one notices she’s older than the girls. They’re all sweet friends after all.

Only Stevie Wonder would mistake Jill for a 20 year old 🤣

• LOL 20
8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's posting up a storm. She has no clue about the origins of Labor Day. She posted a rendering of a little boy holding a rifle and a flag next to a dog also holding a flag. WTF?

She’s such a dope.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's posting up a storm. She has no clue about the origins of Labor Day. She posted a rendering of a little boy holding a rifle and a flag next to a dog also holding a flag. WTF?

Grifters don't get it.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Doesn't know the meaning of LABOR Day?  Maybe because she doesn't know the meaning of labor.  Jill thinks that bragging about being a  judgmental,  ignorant cult member in order to get people to give you stuff is a career.  Not surprised she doesn't understand the concept.

• Love 15

I’ll stick with legitimate 

51 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder where Jill finds all this crap? It's so delusional.

Who believes everything they read? Unfortunately, she’s teaching her kids to believe in a book of fairy tales and not teaching them any critical thinking skills.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I’ll stick with legitimate 

Who believes everything they read? Unfortunately, she’s teaching her kids to believe in a book of fairy tales and not teaching them any critical thinking skills.

Yeah, those poor kids are being raised with an especially narrow worldview. Even more narrow than the Duggars or Bateses. About the only family I can think of who is similar is the Plaths. But 3 of their 4 adult children have fled the cult. 

• Love 9
On 9/6/2021 at 7:30 PM, iwantcookies said:

Picnic time. Does not look like enough food for 14 people 

D1C6A7A4-DE88-4313-A814-4C2E0AC2EAED.jpeg

65236D92-5166-4B69-8D5B-60AFCAC7E704.jpeg

81587D0A-88B3-444D-BE93-A0DE1DFFE32D.jpeg

That looks like barely enough for David.  😆

Edited by SJC
It's LIKE not alike
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Derp.

Who needs 8 hour days, weekends, and safety regulations? Let’s just go back to the days of child labor and working under dangerous conditions for 12 hours a day, no breaks!

4501E6F8-3A11-4EB9-A04C-8F37D5B6F2D8.jpeg

I'm pretty sure her little child workers don't get to take breaks when the Hunk needs them to help out with his printing 'job'. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I guess the kids will get a quarter of a weiner each?

As much as I hate to give them any credit, in the vid, you can see the stuff in the grill and the stuff on the plates at the same time. So I actually thought they had a lot of food (if it was just their kids).  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Well TFDW and Pris are continuing their boy / girl schedule. Gender reveal baby #6 is a girl, so they will have 3 of each. 

The neat freak/nerd in me is happy they're continuing their boy/girl every-other-year schedule.

The normal person in me is happy because the Waller kids always look clean, well-fed, and happy. So do the parents. They might have abhorrent beliefs, but they love and value their kids. Take a hint, Jill-Fraud. 

Deborah Waller. Delilah Waller. Daniela Waller. Please not Dorcas Waller! 

• Love 16
On 9/1/2021 at 11:24 PM, MargeGunderson said:

I wonder if this is more than David brings in……

I cannot wait for that series! There are a couple of good podcasts about MLMs too. That reminds me to check out the Reddit MLM thread, haven’t done that in a while.

John Oliver had a brilliant MLM take down a few years ago 

12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

(I’m not including the picture)

It’s ALL about Jill, shocking, I know.

084E29D4-6CC9-4EBA-921B-C0CC61A1A6B5.jpeg

My Precious  , how very Gollum.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10

I keep forgetting to post about the Maxwells. Stevehovah has released his two younger daughters, Anna and Mary, to attend college OUT OF STATE in West Virginia at Appalachian Bible College! 

This is HUGE for them. One of the girls actually wrote an essay, published on the blog, about the evils of college and why she wouldn't attend. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I keep forgetting to post about the Maxwells. Stevehovah has released his two younger daughters, Anna and Mary, to attend college OUT OF STATE in West Virginia at Appalachian Bible College! 

This is HUGE for them. One of the girls actually wrote an essay, published on the blog, about the evils of college and why she wouldn't attend. 

He couldn't find a bible college in Kansas? Weird. I wonder why he decided to send them to college and why it has to be so far away. 

• Love 4