Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I've now seen Jill and more kids. All tiny. All dressed up and made-up per usual. I took a couple of pics from behind. I feel creepy. I'll try to post them when I get home. I'll come back to church on Sunday!

Do they look as sallow and unhealthy in person?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Do they look as sallow and unhealthy in person?

I didn't want to stare too much and have them notice me. As it was, I was parked pretty close and I think Nurie looked at me. So I couldn't really assess their skin color, but did notice how small they all are, even Jill. I first saw David, and he's not a big guy either. They've got to be miserable in the stinkbus with how hot it's been the past several days - 90s and now 100 this evening. Tomorrow may set a record high - over 104! I did notice how dry and fried Nurie's hair looked. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I didn't want to stare too much and have them notice me. As it was, I was parked pretty close and I think Nurie looked at me. So I couldn't really assess their skin color, but did notice how small they all are, even Jill. I first saw David, and he's not a big guy either. They've got to be miserable in the stinkbus with how hot it's been the past several days - 90s and now 100 this evening. Tomorrow may set a record high - over 104! I did notice how dry and fried Nurie's hair looked. 

That’a combo of split ends and poor diet.  If you eat crap, your hair and skin will show it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I can't believe we had an official sighting! 

I'm so excited @OpieTaylor.  I've been thinking about you all week, wondering if you found them.  

I can't believe they can't go without their modesty layers (as well as the dark hose Nurie is wearing) in hundred degree heat. Nurie would look fine without the hose. That's funny they are all on the small size.

The RV does look more modern than I thought.  I was picturing something along the lines of the heap the Smuggars took on their vacation years ago. 

When does school start for Tim?

Thanks for taking one for the team Opie by going to Sunday services.  I wonder if they'll sing. That will make it all worthwhile for you. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

So....could you smell JRod’s perfume and hairspray even through your windshield and rolled-up windows? 

• Love 14

Oh! I really hope they perform and you can report back!  In little fundamentalist churches that I have been to, if you are an unfamiliar person they may make you stand up and introduce yourself and share your testimony! So be prepared! 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, awaken said:

Oh! I really hope they perform and you can report back!  In little fundamentalist churches that I have been to, if you are an unfamiliar person they may make you stand up and introduce yourself and share your testimony! So be prepared! 

oh dear! That's frightening! Thanks for the warning

• Love 9
5 hours ago, awaken said:

1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

oh dear! That's frightening! Thanks for the warning

Just parrot whatever you’ve heard Jill R or any of these fundies say and you’ll be fine. Throw in some stuff about realizing you were a horrible, terrible, very bad, no-good sinner and being “saved” when you were like five years old. Maybe add something about your current “season of life” and warnings about the devil corrupting children through the media portraying the “gay lifestyle” for good measure and no will be the wiser that you’re not one of them. 

(Heck, maybe even mention that you’re accepting love offerings and you might be able to grift a free meal or RV tires or something - as long as Jill hasn’t grifted everything the congregation has to give first.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 19

The Maxwell girls are simply prisoners in their own house. Sadly, no one will ever rescue them until their father dies. I don't even understand how they haven't rebelled at their ages!? IDK it's completely messed up to keep a 35 year old from living her own life.

• Love 7

Whitney Bates suffered a miscarriage fairly recently. Zach discussed it on tonight's FB Live chat. It's around the middle of you want to FF past Lawson pontificating and chewing up the scenery for the majority of the chat up to that point.

• Love 3
On 09/08/2018 at 10:46 AM, OpieTaylor said:

Do your makeup Jill style, see what she says. 

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She couldn't have been that far along when they did the cow renewal. Whit was SMOKIN ' in that dress.

I know it was a typo, but oh my dog, I'm howling! Moooooooo 

Yes, I'm overtired and kind of slap happy. How did you guess? 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

The Maxwell girls are simply prisoners in their own house. Sadly, no one will ever rescue them until their father dies. I don't even understand how they haven't rebelled at their ages!? IDK it's completely messed up to keep a 35 year old from living her own life.

And having her sleep on bunk beds....

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Unless they're suffering from Stockholm Syndrom, the Maxwell girls have willingly bought into their parents' lifestyle at this point.  They're old enough to know they can leave any time they want and intelligent enough to figure out how to support themselves. 

• Love 1

Actually Sarah seems to be on vacation this week. By herself. Steve is so sure his kids will never run he's starting to expand the priviledges a little. 

Her sisters are in their twenties and they sleep in the bunk beds.

Steve and Terri posted this week about how they go for 7 mile hikes all the time. They spend 1/2 hour chitchatting, a hour praying, and a listening to sermons using fancy wireless earbuds. No silence aloud. 

Rodrigues Update: According to a FreeJinger poster, who is facebook friends with Jill, the whole fam damily took off in their stinkbus yesterday, heading west to some church event and they'll be seeing the Pacific. That's at least 5 hours west of Spokane. Now I'm wondering if they're going to be back in Spokane for church on Sunday. 

So I'm reaching out to anyone out there who gets Jill's reports on facebook or anywhere else to keep sharing them on FreeJinger and here, so that I can determine if they'll be back this Sunday. I'm worried they might come back for Sunday night services. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of going on Sunday night, but I may force myself. 

And in other Rod news - and what a small world! - I belong to a couple of "Lost Dogs and Cats of Spokane" Facebook groups, and I've seen a posting for an adorable dachshund recently that was found. The facebook group was spreading the word to find its owners. Today I learned through FreeJinger that it's the Rod's dog!!!  David let it out of the RV - and it wandered off?  The family has gone off to the coast without it!!  It must have been chipped, so the finder was able to contact the Rods. I gather the finder is going to hold onto the doggie for them until they get back. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Rodrigues Update: According to a FreeJinger poster, who is facebook friends with Jill, the whole fam damily took off in their stinkbus yesterday, heading west to some church event and they'll be seeing the Pacific. That's at least 5 hours west of Spokane. Now I'm wondering if they're going to be back in Spokane for church on Sunday. 

So I'm reaching out to anyone out there who gets Jill's reports on facebook or anywhere else to keep sharing them on FreeJinger and here, so that I can determine if they'll be back this Sunday. I'm worried they might come back for Sunday night services. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of going on Sunday night, but I may force myself. 

And in other Rod news - and what a small world! - I belong to a couple of "Lost Dogs and Cats of Spokane" Facebook groups, and I've seen a posting for an adorable dachshund recently that was found. The facebook group was spreading the word to find its owners. Today I learned through FreeJinger that it's the Rod's dog!!!  David let it out of the RV - and it wandered off?  The family has gone off to the coast without it!!  It must have been chipped, so the finder was able to contact the Rods. I gather the finder is going to hold onto the doggie for them until they get back. 

They are supposedly returning for the dog August 13th. So it sounds like they are going to miss Sunday church!

This is the 2nd time the Rods have driven off without Snuggles, their poor doggie.  Evidently, David just opens the RV door to let it out to pee and it wanders off.  With all their hordes of kids, no one can leash up Snuggle and give the dog a proper walk???

• Love 20

I went to the Facebook group. I think it is called “Spokane Washington Lost Dogs, Cats, and Pets. People are telling the person that found snuggles about the Rod family and Jill keeps responding with the same snarky comment accusing the negative posters of hating “our family and our Jesus”.

ETA: Now someone named Irene is arguing with a critic named Kay El about the Rods and Jesus.  Irene is apparently friends with the Rods.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, EVS said:

I went to the Facebook group. I think it is called “Spokane Washington Lost Dogs, Cats, and Pets. People are telling the person that found snuggles about the Rod family and Jill keeps responding with the same snarky comment accusing the negative posters of hating “our family and our Jesus”.

That’s the first truthful thing Stormy Jill has said.  It’s definitely “her Jesus” because there’s no ways she’s following and hearing from the Jesus of the bible.  She’s got her own version of Christianity and it is real twisted.  

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wait a minute. So the dog wandered off and the Rodriguii just said f*** it and headed out to their next destination? I wouldn't budge until I found my pet. Poor Snuggles. 

I'm with you @BitterApple.  Hubby and I moved 3,000 miles in an old Jeep Cherokee towing behind a small uhaul trailer around 20 years ago.  We hit snow, ice, rain and winds and had to rearrange our planned route to one farther south.  We did this with our 70 lb dog and our 6!, yes that's right, 6 cats because we were taking the entire family with us.  End of discussion.  Everyone enjoyed the new home and lived very long, happy lives until crossing over the rainbow bridge.

Also forget calling CPS, call the animal rights groups, the rescue groups, the AHS.  They starve the kids, I can't imagine that dog, as a retired vet tech, has had it's shots, heartworm meds, ears cleaned, flea control, etc, etc, oh and FOOD!

Edited by DragonFaerie
more ranting
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wait a minute. So the dog wandered off and the Rodriguii just said f*** it and headed out to their next destination? I wouldn't budge until I found my pet. Poor Snuggles. 

Apparently, David let it out without a leash to go to the bathroom and then forgot about it so they left without it. No one else noticed it was missing. 

Eta: I’m not sure if Snuggles is a boy or girl doggy. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 6

They have 15 people, or 14 people in an RV!!! - If Timothy is driving his car, and well let's just make that 13 because Janessa can't be responsible for the family dog yet.  HOW IN THE HELL DOES NO ONE NOTICE THE DOG IS NOT THERE!!!!!!

• Love 22

Actually it makes sense to me that with so many kids they can't keep track of everything. Why do they need a dog? My friends with budget issues and largish families had few pets and no dogs, because of the cost involved.  I wish no one had mentioned the dog to them. He/She's better off with the animal rescue people. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

Am I allowed to post links?  I am reading the comments and they’re amazing omg 

I think as long as it's a public page it's okay. The mods get touchy if anything is screenshot or copied from social media accounts restricted to private.

• Love 2

I swear that after the plane crash, I read that Moody Aviation was closing because they couldn't bear the pain - or something like that.  Did I imagine all of that?

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, OpieTaylor said:

Am I naïve to think that if you approached the family and said you were a fan, they would pose for all the pictures you'd like?  I think it would excite Jill into a state of near rapture thinking she had a fan like the Duggars do.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Am I naïve to think that if you approached the family and said you were a fan, they would pose for all the pictures you'd like?  I think it would excite Jill into a state of near rapture thinking she had a fan like the Duggars do.

I agree - I think Jill and family would enjoy being recognized and fawned over. And if they are going to be at church this Sunday, I'm planning on going and perhaps if the opportunity presents itself telling them that I follow them on social media. But I hesitate to pretend that I'm a "fan," so I probably would just end up observing them. I was really hoping to see them perform for the church, but I think I missed that event. And it sounds like they're not even going to be here this weekend. :(

• Love 8
4 hours ago, EVS said:

ETA: Now someone named Irene is arguing with a critic named Kay El about the Rods and Jesus.  Irene is apparently friends with the Rods.

Irene is a SEVERE Jill Rod leg humper. She's one of Jill's Plexus downlines and she thinks everything Jill does is just wonderful. I can imagine her taking up for Jill on a Facebook post that has nothing to do with her. Of course Irene lives in New Mexico or Arizona, so she gets to worship Jill from afar without inhaling all the hairspray, perfume, BO and farts. 

• Love 12

So basically a woman named Jess found the dog, and JRod went in with her usual BS and says she will be back Monday to reunite with the dog.  If I lost my dog...I can’t with this puta.  People are calling her out on her shenangians, talking about her kids, the stink bus, the past dog issues...the woman who found the dog looks like she thinks they’re all nuts and says she will go talk to Jill on Monday and if the Rods don’t want or can’t keep the dog, she will take him in.  The admin is deleting some of the comments about JRod’s other stuff.  Jill is posting and reposting the same comment about us hating Jesus

• Love 15
9 hours ago, EVS said:

Apparently, David let it out without a leash to go to the bathroom and then forgot about it so they left without it. No one else noticed it was missing. 

Eta: I’m not sure if Snuggles is a boy or girl doggy. 

These people are pure crap (for a multitude of reasons). I'm glad there's a chance the finder might keep the dog. If I were that dog, I'd probably "wander off" when given the opportunity also.

PS, @EVS: when I'm unsure of sex, I just use he/she or him/her to avoid objectifying.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, graefin said:

These people are pure crap (for a multitude of reasons). I'm glad there's a chance the finder might keep the dog. If I were that dog, I'd probably "wander off" when given the opportunity also.

PS, @EVS: when I'm unsure of sex, I just use he/she or him/her to avoid objectifying.

That makes sense. I did check and Snuggles is female. 

• Love 2

How in the hell does a whole family "forget" their dog? As a life long dachshund owner/lover, this news makes me furious.

Don't know why I would expect anything else after looking at the children, but damn.  Snuggles deserves better.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Am I the only one thinking Snuggles makes a run for it as soon as David lets her out to go potty?   I hope the woman that found her keeps her as they are too irresponsible to have her. 

• Love 22
58 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Am I the only one thinking Snuggles makes a run for it as soon as David lets her out to go potty?   I hope the woman that found her keeps her as they are too irresponsible to have her. 

I want to hop in my car right now and go out there and claim Snuggles before the Rodriguii can grab her again.  Alas, I couldn't get there by Monday.  Considering the way they treat their kids, it is not surprising that JRod and the Beast are so careless with their pets.

1 minute ago, Wishing Well said:

Update: the woman who found the dog is now blocking people who are speaking out against the Rodrigues fam.  I don’t think she believes everyone who says how awful they are, and was arguing back too.

I suspect she really cannot keep the dog and doesn't want to know about how awful the Rodriguii are.  The dog is chipped, it's theirs, she really doesn't have a lot of options now that they know she has it.

• Love 11