Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think it is Trace. He's growing out of the ferret face he had throughout most of his teens.

eta: To be fair, Zach and Whitney's pic in s from a formal photoshoot. They may or may not have worn these outfits on Easter Day.

Still, every one of them outshine the Arbiter of Fundie Fashion, Jessa Seewald, even Carlin's rather gaudy print. I am more of a solids gal, so it's subjective.

Could Zack and Whitney possibly be any more filtered/photoshopped/Kardashianed? 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, DawgMom said:

Re: Erin Paine (?)    OMG is she channeling Annelle from Steel Magnolias!!!!!  Holy ravioli someone get her a cherry coke STAT!

Chad's giving off a serious Sammy Wayne DeSoto vibe, too. 

• Love 2

Carlin doesn't seem mean and spiteful like Jessa, but Carlin does really think a lot of herself, doesn't she. So much for modesty, and I'm not talking about skin showing. I'm talking about vanity, drawing attention to yourself, etc. Eh, I guess that it's better to have some sass and confidence than to have meek attitude because you've had any spark beaten out of you. 

• Love 18

Carlin is the female version of Lawson. Just ugh. I think they get a huge pass from viewers (not us, but others) due to their looks. Thank heavens Tori has calmed down since she started seeing Bobby. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and he may actually be able to work in children's ministry as someone who has been TRAINED after graduation from PCC, unlike whatever it is the Dullards and Ben are trying to do with their "ministries." I just hope Bobby doesn't get sucked into the IBLP vortex, although their children's "ministries" are focused around those damn Wisdumb Booklets and the activities that they only get to do with other kids maybe once a year at Big Sandy, Nashville, Sacramento, or Minneapolis. I doubt most families go to more than one; it's quite cost prohibitive unless you're a Duggar or Bates who get in for free as quid pro quo for bringing in bodies due to their keynote speeches. 

• Love 5
On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Anonymousie said:

Could Zack and Whitney possibly be any more filtered/photoshopped/Kardashianed? 

They're cute pictures, but yeah, the level of photoshopping is ridiculous. Whitney's skin is damn near gelatinous.

I think Carlin is obnoxious. 

• Love 4
On 4/22/2017 at 3:46 PM, SMama said:

Who is the young man between Tori and Nathan? It's not Trace or Bobby. 

I think it is Trace. He kind of looks like Lawson there.

Shit, gotta start noticing a next page.

Edited by GeeGolly

Wow. Marjorie is in college. With roommates. Who are either Korean-American or Korean internationals in the U.S. Happy for her. As spunky as she was and as much as I wanted her and Josiah to get the hell out, we all know how the Duggar vortex works. They would have married. JB would have dangled a used car dealership and a house in front of Josiah and as much as he seems dissatisfied in that life, he would've jumped on it -- bc as unqualified as he is, you know he would start having concerns (and if he didn't - JB would plant the seeds) about how he could possibly afford to take care of a wife and family without daddy's help, so he wouldn't push daddy's help away and then live under his thumb. Good for Marjorie for NOT looking for another engagement ASAP and rather pursuing a normal 19 yr old's life.

Trace certainly looks more handsome as he gets older -- I think it helps that his braces are gone and he's gained a bit of weight on his face. Doesn't he have a girlfriend now -- there was some girl he brought on the ski trip as a "friend" and we all know that's the Bates' get to know you period. So Tori is courting Bobby -- any idea what Bobby is studying/what he plans to do after PCC? How about that Evan Stewart kid -- can't remember which girl he belongs too but my recollection is he's from Nashville and somehow pursuing "ministry." Bummer -- bc until now the Bates have done an excellent job staying away from loser "ministry" sons in law and actually have attracted guys with some training/education who are gainfully employed.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

And to think Marge could have been on her second kid if that silly courtship had gone through. 

Her second book (this one by a real - albeit Christian - publisher; I think her first was self-published) drops next Monday. You can pre-order it on Amazon. She humblebragged about it earlier today on Instagram. 

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think it is Trace. He kind of looks like Lawson there.

Shit, gotta start noticing a next page.

Beat you to it! And it's definitely Trace. Still toothy, but losing the ferret look he had until he finally matured. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

And to think Marge could have been on her second kid if that silly courtship had gone through. 

Yes. So ... the Duggar-courter who had the sense to flee is enjoying college life and publishing an actual book while still a teenager.

Just think, if she'd only stayed around, she might not only have been ready to pop out her second kid by now while enjoying having Jizm Bob and Meeechelle as her inlaws, but she could have been stuck in a marriage with five kids and an unemployable husband who can't stand her, mocked internationally for cringeworthy missionarying through interpretive dance, caught on tv pretending that somebody else's kids' football camp was her own invention, or filmed baptizing people in a horse trough. I'm sure she's devastated at the great life she's going to miss out on as a non-Duggar.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

Maybe, just maybe, she had gaydar? 

Not really, once Joshgate broke, she was pretty quick to call it off. I think it happened even before 19 Kids was officially canceled in July (the day Meredith was born, poor bugger). 

• Love 3

I doubt gaydar was involved.  I think Marjorie was too young and sheltered to have any sense of if Josiah was in the closet.  Their courtship was announced when they were too young to be entering a televised relationship intended to end up with them married, so it was actually a stroke of good luck that the molestation scandal broke when it did.

What I think happened was that when the Duggars found out that Josh's "teenaged curiosity" was about to be exposed to the public, they circled the wagons and Marjorie was left on the outside.  She was too new and too young to trust.  Marjorie might have wanted to be included, but if so, I think her parents told her to stay back and wait to see how things turned out.  I remember that she was seen with the family a couple of times just before the second scandal broke, and after that Majorie disappeared again until she went to college. 

I think Marjorie and Josiah both dodged a bullet there.  She's off at college, writing books, doing her thing.  He's not a teenaged husband with a couple of kids and no prospects.

• Love 7

Marjorie's personality grates my nerves, but I'll give her credit for having ambition and going after what she wants. I can actually see her doing well as a writer/speaker in the young Christian market. She's cute, articulate and outgoing. She dodged a major bullet by not getting sucked into the Duggar vortex, even though she would've livened up the snoozefest known as Counting On. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 18
19 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yes. So ... the Duggar-courter who had the sense to flee is enjoying college life and publishing an actual book while still a teenager.

Just think, if she'd only stayed around, she might not only have been ready to pop out her second kid by now while enjoying having Jizm Bob and Meeechelle as her inlaws, but she could have been stuck in a marriage with five kids and an unemployable husband who can't stand her, mocked internationally for cringeworthy missionarying through interpretive dance, caught on tv pretending that somebody else's kids' football camp was her own invention, or filmed baptizing people in a horse trough. I'm sure she's devastated at the great life she's going to miss out on as a non-Duggar.

Well after you put it that way she's gonna be running back to Josiah any day now!

• Love 2

Bateses in recent relationships have front hugged while still "getting to know" one another. I remember Nathan and Ashley hugging well before their brief courtship. And Tori was all over her guy before they started courting . So far with Carlin and Evan, I haven't seen a full-frontal that I can remember, but they certainly have side-hugged, something even Joe Duggar and his girlfriend can only do when greeting and saying goodbye in a COURTSHIP. JinJer were the only front huggers during the courtship phase, other than the Dullards' "mistake" when Derick came home from Nepal. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

I can't believe a college aged person or even a middle schooler would make something like this.  I'm thinking along the lines of something a preschooler would make for mom on Mother's Day. 

Jinge's string art of the states isn't looking so bad......

• Love 21
On 4/25/2017 at 10:36 PM, Churchhoney said:

Hey Si what are you up to these days? We'll wait......

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I can't believe a college aged person or even a middle schooler would make something like this.  I'm thinking along the lines of something a preschooler would make for mom on Mother's Day. 

Jinge's string art of the states isn't looking so bad......

Well, as long as he seems to appreciate it, I guess...I mean, there's no reason he HAD to post it on social media rather than just saying, "awwww, how thoughtful!" to her while simultaeousy thinking, "really?" to himself.  I does rather make the whole relationship seem really juvenile, though.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, it looks like Carlin and Evan are still a thing. If I would have ever done this, it might have been when I was a tween/early teen, not a 19 year old college student. 

Oh my god....

??

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, it looks like Carlin and Evan are still a thing. If I would have ever done this, it might have been when I was a tween/early teen, not a 19 year old college student. 

Well, Lawson thinks he could be a professional singer, too. ...

Really, when people live inside of as much of a bubble as the Gothardites do, I think there are very few realms of life in which they're exposed to much of what other people do. And I'm pretty sure your taste, standards and development suffer greatly from that.

If you were Carlin's age and had been exposed to the range of art history and modern tv advertising and so on, as well as to the kinds of things the most artistic people in your age group produce at  school growing up, you almost coulrn't escape developing your own sensibility to a somewhat more sophisticated level, I think. So you'd either just naturally make a somewhat more sophisticated little giftie by this point or you'd still make this one but keep it as a private little thing between a bad artist and her beloved. But I think the Bateses live in a small enough, homogeneous enough bubble that they don't know that. (Okay, it's the only way I can account for Lawson's apparent continued belief that he can be a music star of some kind.... )

I expect that the only creative realm in which they really have taste on par with most people their own age is some Pinterest crafts.

• Love 5

No other pictures have surfaced from Tabitha"s wedding? Is the lack of look at my best friend, hubby, godly man, forever love pics and nauseating hashtags related to some self awareness that rapists don't go well outside fundie circles?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Pickles is suddenly talking about our girl Jill R. She discovered the Nurie is available blog post. Seriously late to the game Pickles! We discovered Jill years ago!

Pickles used to go off on people who even talked about the Bateses, saying her page was Duggars-only. I wonder what changed her stance. I'm pretty sure that she also talked about Tabby and the rapist. I think she's been reading FJ again (she was banned years ago for posting with a sock puppet account). Non-members can still read parts of the site.

• Love 1

I had a weird courtship dream. Rodriguii and Maxhell . There are probably not even potential victims in the right age bracket for this  but could you imagine the make up clashing with Steve.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Pickles used to go off on people who even talked about the Bateses, saying her page was Duggars-only. I wonder what changed her stance. I'm pretty sure that she also talked about Tabby and the rapist. I think she's been reading FJ again (she was banned years ago for posting with a sock puppet account). Non-members can still read parts of the site.

I cannot stand that one, I really cannot. She is a nasty vindictive piece of shittiness, taking it to a wholly new level. No problems bitching, calling people names, poking fun, etc, yet takes the high moral stance at anyone who actually emulates her. Her recent rants make me wonder about her state of mind actually. She seems to think she is the one saving the world. Get some help! She's as bad as the Duggars and their ilk, only she has zero excuse, seeing as the knows well that those cults twist a person.

The Rodders are batshit crazy, of course. Those poor girls with their harlot's make up, that hair, those voices, their poses, what kind of man would ever go near them? And those children need food, lots of it. What kind of Mother has her kids slaver and clamber all over her, for a piece of shitty coconut??

Carlin's picture, well, it's immature but that is what she is, immature and annoying. At least she's not a zombie like some I could mention, I suppose.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Libby96 said:

Nobody who know anything about "Anne of Green Gables" would forget to spell Anne with an E!

This is Skool uv the Dyning Rum Table Ann (of Green Gable [sic]).  That's probably the one without an e that the real Anne was complaining about all along.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
On 4/26/2017 at 8:35 AM, BitterApple said:

Marjorie's personality grates my nerves, but I'll give her credit for having ambition and going after what she wants. I can actually see her doing well as a writer/speaker in the young Christian market. She's cute, articulate and outgoing. She dodged a major bullet by not getting sucked into the Duggar vortex, even though she would've livened up the snoozefest known as Counting On. 

I checked my local library and Marjorie's book is on the new list and 50 people are in line waiting for read it.

• Love 5

The only way I see Nathan and Ashley can be togther is if Nathan becomes a New Yorker. No way is Ashley going to give up big city living. 

Her name on Insta is bronx newyork heart.......not country bumpkin sweetie.

• Love 3
On 4/11/2017 at 7:57 AM, Fuzzysox said:

While in bed a theory about her love of makeup came to mind, I wonder if she grew up watching Jim and Tammy Faye thus her love of makeup and JESUS!?

I bet she has an autographed picture of Tammy Faye on her wall in the grandma house. 

Jan Crouch was far scarier than Tammy Faye. Tammy Faye also showed kindness to others and humility after her downfall.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 4/18/2017 at 4:26 PM, awaken said:

About to fly home!  Now I'm worried we'll be seated with a David Waller type!  (Says the former evangelical who was trained from an early age to witness in malls, train stations, the beach, everywhere!)

This is why I take two Tylenol PMs or a Xanax washed down with a glass of champagne on long or overseas flights. Ugh.

Where does Marjorie go to college? Is it a real, accredited college? (Even if it isn't, still better than hitching her wagon to the Duggars before she'd even turned 19.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 1
(edited)

She attends John Brown University in Siloam Springs and lived in the dorms for her freshman year, which I believe concluded last week.

edit: Accreditation is mentioned, but it's not through the national clearinghouse. Even Clown College has gone that route. I don't recognize any of these accrediting bodies. If anyone does, please chime in w/r/t their veracity. 

https://www.jbu.edu/about/facts/

Edited by Sew Sumi
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She attends John Brown University in Siloam Springs and lived in the dorms for her freshman year, which I believe concluded last week. 

No mention of accreditation on their website. Even Clown College has a tab for that. 

Turns out that it is in fact accredited. By the Higher Learning Commission, which isn't one of the Christian-schools-only groups but one of the traditional regional accreditation bodies that accredit schools across the whole spectrum -- HLC is the new name for what used to be called the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. (I'm an old Middle States person myself. lol ... ah, updating your accreditation -- there's a nighty nightmare for you ... ) Anyway, I digress. ...

It even gets pretty good reviews from U.S. News and World Report -- https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/john-brown-university-1100

2017 Rankings

John Brown University is ranked #18 in Regional Universities South. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.

#18 (tie) in Regional Universities South

#13 (tie) in Best Colleges for Veterans

#23 (tie) in Best Value Schools

Anyway, once again -- good for you, Marjorie. You're leaving the rest of your milieu in the dust. Good plan.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Turns out that it is in fact accredited. By the Higher Learning Commission, which isn't one of the Christian-schools-only groups but one of the traditional regional accreditation bodies that accredit schools across the whole spectrum -- HLC is the new name for what used to be called the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. (I'm an old Middle States person myself. lol ... ah, updating your accreditation -- there's a nighty nightmare for you ... ) Anyway, I digress. ...

It even gets pretty good reviews from U.S. News and World Report -- https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/john-brown-university-1100

2017 Rankings

John Brown University is ranked #18 in Regional Universities South. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.

#18 (tie) in Regional Universities South

#13 (tie) in Best Colleges for Veterans

#23 (tie) in Best Value Schools

Anyway, once again -- good for you, Marjorie. You're leaving the rest of your milieu in the dust. Good plan.

Also they engineering and business schools have to be accredited by ABET and ABSCP.  I work for a university in the department that handles accreditation and you definitely have to have your ducks in a row to be accredited.  

• Love 5

Sierra's at it again. For a mere $45, you can get a dozen hand-dipped strawberries and a cookie made by her cookie-making baker friend, all in a chocolate bowl. The catch? You have to pick up your order on Satruday between 2-4 at Sam's. No more shipping debacles like she had with her cake-in-a-jar! 

I folow a lot of cookiers with skills that are 1,000 time better than what I just saw NO way is that worth $45. My friend makes amazing cookies and they are $45 for a dozen.

• Love 1