Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Forget

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Is it just me or is the menacing vibe they gave Jesse's cigarette smoking husband last week gone the way of Buttons. He seemed very friendly with Rick this episode.

Also if..Aaron was following the group and eavesdropping on them with equipment...how is Carol fooling anyone.He should know that she is wolf if sheeps clothing.

And good on Emily Kenny and Chad Coleman getting a credit for flashbacks/party scene.

• Love 3

I was thinking more about the last scene with Rick fondling the wall with the walker on the other side. I love reading all the theories because these past few episodes its been tricky to figure out what the hell Rick is thinking/doing. Anyway, to me, Rick looked like he was soothed by the sound of the walker. He almost nuzzled the wall as one would if they laid their head on someone's chest and listened to their heartbeat.

I feel like I lack imagination because I  thought he was pressing up against the wall trying to figure out how many  walkers there were, like were there enough to start pressing against the wall from the other side and maybe cause it to de-stablize or something.   I thought he just looked alert, like he was trying to listen and was thinking, who's out there.

• Love 1

Is it just me or is the menacing vibe they gave Jesse's cigarette smoking husband last week gone the way of Buttons. He seemed very friendly with Rick this episode.

Also if..Aaron was following the group and eavesdropping on them with equipment...how is Carol fooling anyone.He should know that she is wolf if sheeps clothing.

And good on Emily Kenny and Chad Coleman getting a credit for flashbacks/party scene.

That, or could be he figures he has to 'play nice' in a big house full of people.  Whatever is coming, re: that arc, will happen before this season is over.

• Love 2

Or maybe he was worried the ASZhats would find out about their dishonesty and kick them out, and now that he likes Aaron & Eric and feels like he has a purpose he's afraid to lose it all?

I'd be happy if he was afraid to lose his friendship with Aaron and Eric.

Then I wouldn't have to be concerned about how a garage can have so many disassembled motorcycle parts, left by Aaron who said he tried putting it together for a while, and somehow the floor of the garage looked a lot cleaner than it should.

(of course this is the show that didn't think about a zombie apocalypse with neatly mowed lawns until they found out the viewers were laughing about it. Sometimes it's not a plot point, it's just the set designers.)

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Splitter!

• Love 2

So now we've got zombies, unfairwolves, and, hopefully, if the Egyptian parallel is valid, also mummies. Tell me you don't want to see Abraham fighting a mummy!

I do not want to get to morbid. But they could go on a supply run to a hospital for supplies. And stumble on the burn ward with Walkers dragging around morphine drips.

• Love 3

Kinda makes you wonder why they've never showed something like them coming up on an 'appears to be' dead body only for it to sit up or make some other 'shock moment' movement and be like "Hey man... got any of the good stuff?  or maybe just some muchies??"

They kind of did a 'drugs-are-cool hippies' deal with the young couple that Rick & Carol came across back in S4, but not quite like what I'm thinking.

Well, I'm not saying I'd turn it down as a luxury item (if available), but its not a common necessity.

And the reason I wouldn't call booze a 'necessity' is cause I'm a bad drunk. I'd be exiled after the first time the alcohol was passed around.

I had the pleasure of being stuck for three days riding out Hurricane Frances, and it would have been freaking unbearable without beer and the last two bags of ice in Florida. 

Also, if you want to know how long it really takes to physically turn on your own loved ones for the last Hostess Ding Dong...it's six hours. 

Edited by peach
  • Love 21

Certainly they weren't left behind by the upper-crust families that once inhabited this small community. And they seem far too many to be just from newcomers checking them in on arrival as there doesn't seem to be all that many people in ASZ. They had such a surplus that they were storing handguns in the freezer, so many that Carol said they wouldn't even notice they were gone. Are they getting them from runs? They said they have only made it 53 miles out so far. They've found that many weapons in an area that was evacuated? Wouldn't people have taken their weapons with them?

Maybe the Alexandrians are more bad-azz then we think. Maybe they were obtained from a group of baddies that invaded and somehow failed in their take-over attempt. Like Terminus. Didn't that start out as a nice place, then a group of real baddies took over, then somehow the Termites were able to regain control on go on being a nice, polite society (except thy ate people). ?

Excellent points. My thoughts:

- Guns are a big deal in Texas (where I'm from), and can add up to be an expensive hobby (bigger and badder GUNS GUNS GUNS, giant gun lockers, competitions, hunting trips, practice etc), so sure, I'll buy that at least some of that is from the neighborhood itself.  Maybe they ransacked the homes of people that got evacuated by the military; I imagine those folks would've been forced to leave their weaponry behind.

- I do find it interesting that they seem to have this giant store of weaponry, but, if Spencer is any indication, seem to suck "out in the field."  Maybe he's not one of ASZ's finest, but if not, then why is he going out on dangerous supply runs and risking the lives of other people?  Perhaps they obtained their weaponry hostile-y taking over other groups, but again, they all seem kinda soft so how could they have overpowered anyone? (Ok maybe Tobin doesn't suck, or whatever his name is Mr. "I'll show you my big gun, lil' lady" who was talking to Carol in their weapons storage)

- I also don't understand why they have this huge store of weaponry, but Deanna doesn't want anyone to carry and doesn't care to have much of a lookout for intruders.  Maybe she was initially more interested in protecting their community against walkers/intruders, then eased up when no one seemed to want to intrude? OR...

- Maybe she was interested in CDB because she has this huge store of guns and no one in ASZ knows what to do with them (except maybe the big dude in the weapons room). 

- Or maybe the're all faking it and they're all secretly bad ass? They all seem so fake.  Def hiding something.  Or maybe I'm cynical now and I've just been on the road too long.

• Love 2

Kinda makes you wonder why they've never showed something like them coming up on an 'appears to be' dead body only for it to sit up or make some other 'shock moment' movement and be like "Hey man... got any of the good stuff?  or maybe just some muchies??"

They kind of did a 'drugs-are-cool hippies' deal with the young couple that Rick & Carol came across back in S4, but not quite like what I'm thinking.

Don't forget they had Merle's candyman bag, and then Merle himself tearing up the mattresses in the prison because the best dope he'd ever scored was in a prison.

On topic, this is another reason I don't trust Dr. Porchdick. One little needle stick would be too easy.

• Love 4

Something just clicked as I was thinking about Deanna's party and remembering the visuals of the different rooms full of people. It reminds me of Poe's The Masque of the Red Death. It's not a perfect comparison, of course, but I got that same picture of the false sense of security the privileged few had that they were safe from the terrible plague around them because they had bolted the doors in the walls around the estate. I won't go so far as to say that they've locked Death in with them, but who knows? I might be in the minority, but I don't think that Enid's trips over the wall and into the woods are purely nature excursions.

I like this. A lot. I was so hung up on Hawthorne this possible analogy escaped me. Nicely done.

• Love 3

I posted this in the Sasha thread, but probably belongs better over here.........................

I think CDB got a big 'are you f'ing serious!?' eye opener with the whole "we don't have lookouts".  Both Rick and Sasha were all 'say what now?!' when Deanna told them that.

That's either the biggest lie that ever lied like a rug, or the ASZhats are softer than the gooey center of a roasted marshmallow.

• Love 3

- I do find it interesting that they seem to have this giant store of weaponry, but, if Spencer is any indication, seem to suck "out in the field."  Maybe he's not one of ASZ's finest, but if not, then why is he going out on dangerous supply runs and risking the lives of other people?  Perhaps they obtained their weaponry hostile-y taking over other groups, but again, they all seem kinda soft so how could they have overpowered anyone? (Ok maybe Tobin doesn't suck, or whatever his name is Mr. "I'll show you my big gun, lil' lady" who was talking to Carol in their weapons storage)

- I also don't understand why they have this huge store of weaponry, but Deanna doesn't want anyone to carry and doesn't care to have much of a lookout for intruders.  Maybe she was initially more interested in protecting their community against walkers/intruders, then eased up when no one seemed to want to intrude? OR...

- Maybe she was interested in CDB because she has this huge store of guns and no one in ASZ knows what to do with them (except maybe the big dude in the weapons room). 

- Or maybe the're all faking it and they're all secretly bad ass? They all seem so fake.  Def hiding something.  Or maybe I'm cynical now and I've just been on the road too long.

Or maybe she wants to turn the town against the newcomers (*thieves and planning to murder us!)

Or maybe she's hoping they'll be the ones to go out and be cannon fodder when badder people come

Or maybe Carol got 1 gun that worked, for target practice, and the guns in the freezer are ones that have been tampered with, as bait for them to steal and then find out at the wrong moment that those guns don't work?

Anyhow, I'm not sure if you meant Spencer? Did you mean Aiden?

And the name Tobin makes me laugh because there used to be a hot dog brand called Tobin's---and if I remember, the slogan was America's First Prize Weiner.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

Anyhow, I'm not sure if you meant Spencer? Did you mean Aiden?

And the name Tobin makes me laugh because there used to be a hot dog brand called Tobin's---and if I remember, the slogan was America's First Prize Weiner.

Uh yeah...i think i meant aiden.  Deanna's snotty son. And is Tobin that big dude's name?   I might just be making stuff up at this point.  Too many new characters =)

• Love 2

I feel like I lack imagination because I  thought he was pressing up against the wall trying to figure out how many  walkers there were, like were there enough to start pressing against the wall from the other side and maybe cause it to de-stablize or something.   I thought he just looked alert, like he was trying to listen and was thinking, who's out there.

I thought he looked like he would have kissed that walker on the cheek if the wall hadn't been between them.

I mean, not really. But kind of. He had a weird, dreamy, weird look about him.

• Love 4

I thought he looked like he would have kissed that walker on the cheek if the wall hadn't been between them.

I mean, not really. But kind of. He had a weird, dreamy, weird look about him.

Yeah.  Not to take this in too crude or disgusting direction but one could see how that look could be interpreted as "I wonder if that's a female walker, and if so..... 'Supply Run' time!.".

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

Way late for this episode, and everyone pretty much said everything I was thinking.  Just want to mention that I never would have predicted that a Daryl/Aaron pairing would be fun.  But, it totally was: even though I still think something is going down with this place, I really hope Aaron is truly a decent guy.  Daryl needs new friends.

Carol and the kid: yeah, I'm sure it was mainly to cover her ass, but that was scary as fuck.  I mean, I really don't believe she would do that to him... but, yeah.  She might.

Glad that Sasha is still not over everything that happen and still hasn't adjusted to this new world either.  I would think losing both Bob and Tyreese this quickly would mess with her heads.

Horses do not fare well on this show at all...

• Love 4

Not to get off on a sociological analysis of the world, pre and during the ZA, but certainly it is true that people can be varied in their thinking.  Racist but not homophobic, homophobic but not racist.   I think for this specific character, though, we haven't seen any particular biases of the ordinary kind so it doesn't seem surprising to me that he's had no reaction to the gay couple.  But then I don't think people are simply or only products of their environment.   Sometimes people who grow up in an intolerant or repressive environment rebel against that.  Or it's possible that Daryl may have figured out that surviving in a ZA world means leaving behind old ways of thinking.  

True. And Daryl has certainly grown from when we first met him. Perhaps S1 Daryl would have been less tolerant.

Don't know how to break it to yall, but we have gay people living out in the back woods just like yall do out there in the big big city.  :>

:) 

I think CDB got a big 'are you f'ing serious!?' eye opener with the whole "we don't have lookouts".  Both Rick and Sasha were all 'say what now?!' when Deanna told them that.

That's either the biggest lie that ever lied like a rug, or the ASZhats are softer than the gooey center of a roasted marshmallow.

Yeah, I was really surprised by Deanna's comment too. They have a sweet set-up there. If they've never been attacked and can't even comprehend that non-walkers might covet what they have and try to take it by force...I have trouble believing that. Considering that they've actively recruited CDB, I think they might be lying. Because, sure, the wall would keep out walkers, but not thinking human beings who wanted in.

Perhaps the community managed to fend off one small attack and realized they'd need reinforcements, so they went out and gathered up all the weapons they could and then started hunting for strong but decent soldiers to defend them.

• Love 4

Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, nothing!

• Love 11

Then there's the matter of the people she mentioned exiling, without explaining why.  They're out there, with knowledge of their lax security and freezer guns guarded by a barista with a clipboard.  I agree with the folks that think Enid is probably supplying them.

I'm very curious about who the video confessionals are for, exactly, and if Deanna's really in charge, or just the friendly front for newcomers.  I also wonder what Father Gabriel might have said during his interview.  Deanna told Rick that his people were all singing his praises in their interviews, but we don't know if that's true. 

Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, nothing!

"Peace??  F* Peace!!"  ~Rick and Carol

• Love 5
And look what happened to them

.They succeeded. And had a long, thriving civilization. 

And they would have known enough to put the supports inside the walls!

Pasta machines?

Also, if you want to know how long it really takes to physically turn on your own loved ones for the last Hostess Ding Dong...it's six hours.

Oh, the humanity!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 3

Don't know how to break it to yall, but we have gay people living out in the back woods just like yall do out there in the big big city

True, but dependin' on what neck o' the woods y'all are from, I reckin' the levels of tolerance to ho-mo-sexuals varies frum place t'place...

Then again, it has nothing to do with where you are from or your background. The ASZ people (the ones we have seen at any rate) seem to have a more, shall we say, acceptable upbringing than Daryl, but didn't Aaron say allude to the fact that not everyone in the compound was comfortable/accepting of the gay lifestyle?

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3

Oh well, let's face it. No one can keep order like they do!

• Love 2

but didn't Aaron say allude to the fact that not everyone in the compound was comfortable/accepting of the gay lifestyle?

Aaron said a lot of things.

That would be one thing to say to establish the "outsider/not accepted by the societal norm/feeling alone in a crowd" vibe.

Or it could be true.

But Carol is saying all the "right" things to be posturing herself like a realtor staging a house. Who am I trying to sell to? What buttons do I push?

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 1

Season 1 Daryl had insulting things to say to Glen about being a "Chinaman," and in season 2 he hallucinated Merle taunting him for hanging out with minorities and "Democrats," but by season 3 he was correcting Merle by telling him Glenn is Korean. He probably had a bunch of automatic go to prejudices before the ZA hit, because of his upbringing. But that doesn't seem to be his nature, and the longer he's been "out there" the more he has become who he truly is. The only "prejudice" that seems to have stuck is his class issue, which is a self esteem/shame issue.

• Love 13

But that doesn't seem to be his nature, and the longer he's been "out there" the more he has become who he truly is.

Which makes me wonder if the opposite is true---the longer some people (ASZ?) have not been out there, the more they can not be who they truly are.

• Love 2
I had the pleasure of being stuck for three days riding out Hurricane Frances, and it would have been freaking unbearable without beer and the last two bags of ice in Florida.

Hilarious, Peach.  I was in Hurricane Frances to.  It was made even more enjoyable by the fact that three other hurricanes hit Florida that year.  Good times.

I'm still hoping that this time around, the conflict is going to be caused by Rick's group, and that while the Alexandrians have some annoying members, and seem completely clueless about what is really out there, they are not yet another group of psycho killers, cannibels, whatever.

• Love 2

I mean, not really. But kind of. He had a weird, dreamy, weird look about him.

I think the show has made it pretty clear that at least some of the crew is nostalgic for their life on the road.  Like someone mentioned before, similar to the soldier who can't come back from war.  I found that last scene with Rick leaning up against the wall weirdly....romantic?  Not sure that's the word I want to use.  Anyone remember that movie with Demi Moore and Woody Harrelson, Indecent Proposal? At the end I think they hold hands over a wall that's separating the two.  It reminded me of that.  Rick would've held that walker's hand if he could've. And then stabbed him in the head with the quickness.  

• Love 2

I lived in Florida in 2004 during Hurricane Frances. I lost my house, and pretty much everything I owned except my car which was at another location.

Bad times.

On topic, however, I think this episode is the first time I felt that there were few people in CDB that I would feel like poaching for my own camp. Sasha, maybe Carol.

Even though Rick Carol and Daryl seemed to have a secret agreement, isn't it amazing how fast Daryl and Rick have started to like the taste of the Kool-Aid.

Not knocking how tempting it is after eating dog and having no water or roof overhead. If I had Carl and Judith it would count for a lot. But the others----Abraham, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie--- those members accepted it with surprisingly few questions right away.

(I do think Michonne has some misgivings---and Deanna quickly gave her an important job right working with Rick. In a position of authority. Deanna watched the fight; Glenn and Daryl got physical but Rick held Daryl back and Michonne stood between both sides to stop any more hitting. That's why she picked those two---they didn't side only with their own group. That may be very good in a person---assimilating well, or Deanna could see both of them as not staying 100% with CDB.)

I repeat my frequent disclaimer (;-D) that I may be wrong about ASZ and it will all be well. But I would have asked a lot more questions before settling in:

Why did people get banished? Just saying they didn't fit in or whatever is vague. I'd want more specifics.

How can that pantry have some cans here, and a freezer there, and some boxes...but they've been feeding 30 people for months. Rationing doesn't seem to be in effect if you have cocktail parties with canapes and booze. So there's 4 big cartons of toilet paper, real toilet paper...that would not last a week.

Where's all this stuff really being stored.

Why do newcomers get the homes near the front gate?

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 4

I think the show has made it pretty clear that at least some of the crew is nostalgic for their life on the road.  Like someone mentioned before, similar to the soldier who can't come back from war.  I found that last scene with Rick leaning up against the wall weirdly....romantic?  Not sure that's the word I want to use.

Yeah, in all seriousness, I think the fence thing showed that Rick has more in common with the walking dead than with the Alexandria crew. He felt close to that walker, not meaning just physically near it. He's not like Lizzie in that he wants to keep them as friends. He still wants to kill them, a lot, but in a way it makes it weirder.

• Love 4

I lived in Florida in 2004 during Hurricane Frances. I lost my house, and pretty much everything I owned except my car which was at another location.

Bad times.

On topic, however, I think this episode is the first time I felt that there were few people in CDB that I would feel like poaching for my own camp. Sasha, maybe Carol.

Even though Rick Carol and Daryl seemed to have a secret agreement, isn't it amazing how fast Daryl and Rick have started to like the taste of the Kool-Aid.

Not knocking how tempting it is after eating dog and having no water or roof overhead. If I had Carl and Judith it would count for a lot. But the others----Abraham, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie--- those members accepted it with surprisingly few questions right away.

(I do think Michonne has some misgivings---and Deanna quickly gave her an important job right working with Rick. In a position of authority. Deanna watched the fight; Glenn and Daryl got physical but Rick held Daryl back and Michonne stood between both sides to stop any more hitting. That's why she picked those two---they didn't side only with their own group. That may be very good in a person---assimilating well, or Deanna could see both of them as not staying 100% with CDB.)

I repeat my frequent disclaimer (;-D) that I may be wrong about ASZ and it will all be well. But I would have asked a lot more questions before settling in:

Why did people get banished? Just saying they didn't fit in or whatever is vague. I'd want more specifics.

How can that pantry have some cans here, and a freezer there, and some boxes...but they've been feeding 30 people for months. Rationing doesn't seem to be in effect if you have cocktail parties with canapes and booze. So there's 4 big cartons of toilet paper, real toilet paper...that would not last a week.

Where's all this stuff really being stored.

It does seem pretty odd to me that the group didn't ask more questions about the "exiles". I hardly think "not fitting in" would be sufficient under the circumstances. I really can't stand the nut that lives next door to me and would throw a block party if he moved, but in a Zombie Apocalypse even I, bitch that I am, couldn't  exile him outside the gates.

Well, we don't have gates, but you get my drift.

As she alluded to it is tantamount to ordering their deaths, so I would think it was something pretty extreme, but were I the new kids in town I would certainly want to know not only what it takes to get yourself exiled  but also what said exiles might be capable of if they haven't yet all been killed.

• Love 3
I think the show has made it pretty clear that at least some of the crew is nostalgic for their life on the road.  Like someone mentioned before, similar to the soldier who can't come back from war.

I'm not sure "nostalgia" would be the right word. Only two episode ago, they were suffering in the heat with a lack of food, water and shelter. They have that now, these basic needs. Also, most of these people grew up and spent a large portion of their adult lives in relative comfort, but it's only been a couple of years of Zombie apocalypse, so I can see it being easy for them to shift back into living in a "civilized' manner.

I think the real problem is that they are all suffering from PTSD, and they have been very hardened by the life they have led. So trivial things like cocktail parties and pasta makers and idle chit chat about nothing is going to register to CDB as bullshit and a waste of time. There are more pressing concerns, like Sasha pointed out. It's like listening to a friend talk about the fact that they can't afford a pair of Prada pumps when you yourself can barely afford to pay for rent. Or listening to a public service employee whining about getting a smaller raise than normal, when there are people out there struggling to find jobs. Different priorties, based on how entitled one is.

The ASZers don't get it because they have been sheltered and pampered and entitled. CDB does, because they have experienced the horrors in real life.

I guess my point is that CDB has no use for these pampered people who haven't been "out there". They also know that this fantasy world can't last forever - the walls WILL come down and they will have to fight once again. I would say that some of CDB is going to integrate better than the others. We can see that Rosita, Abraham, Maggie, Glenn and even Daryl have let their guard down a bit. The truly messed up are Rick, Carol and Sasha - it will be harder for them to integrate.

• Love 7

I do think Michonne has some misgivings---and Deanna quickly gave her an important job right working with Rick. In a position of authority. Deanna watched the fight; Glenn and Daryl got physical but Rick held Daryl back and Michonne stood between both sides to stop any more hitting. That's why she picked those two---they didn't side only with their own group. That may be very good in a person---assimilating well, or Deanna could see both of them as not staying 100% with CDB.

But hadn't she already assigned job to everyone but Sasha before the fight? Unless she changed her mind after seeing the fight or was just really good at reading Michone and Rick during the interviews, she had no way of knowing how Michone and Rick would react in a situation like that.

• Love 1

I wonder what job Deanna was "closing in on" for Sasha before Sasha volunteered for the sniper role. Deanna said she was close to one for her when she visited them at the house. And yes, at that point, she said she already had jobs for Rick and Michonne, but didn't reveal them yet (which, I'd have wanted to know if I was them!).

• Love 3

I admire your restraint. My dad threatened to lock me out of the house during an ice storm if I didn't give him my bag of Funyuns. Of course, I threatened to poison him because he wouldn't split a Slim Jim with me. We now blame it on a lack of coffee.

That actually makes sense to me. If the front gates are breached by walkers or raiders, you would want the people with lots of experience on the front lines. CDB is probably still sleeping with one eye open and would be able to deal with almost anything quicker and more efficiently than most of the ASZhats.

I wonder what job Deanna was "closing in on" for Sasha before Sasha volunteered for the sniper role.

Mental Health counselor?

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 6

I legitimately did not recognize Rosita when she first arrived at the party. I only figured out who she was because Abraham was right behind her.

I kind of liked Abe's interaction with Michonne on the back porch. I feel like he recognized her warrior spirit, if you will, and thus felt they had common ground in having trouble putting away the soldier mentality. Very Hurt Locker. :)

The whole Carol/cookie kid interaction was a world of whatthefuckever. That was some clunky shit right there. The idea that he managed to hoist himself up and through the window without Carol hearing him, even though she was standing RIGHT THERE the whole time, is just laughable - and not in the good way.

And Rick/Jessie? Can barely muster the energy to care either way, though I felt that her carting his daughter around and then asking if he wanted to take her back was pretty fucking presumptuous. Did Carl hand Judith over to this stranger? WTF?

Bless Sasha's shocked, angry and appalled "THIS is what you worry about???" to dinner lady. Heh. Poor Sasha is a little off the reservation. Rick better hide the telephones from her before she starts receiving calls from Tyreese. ;)

I can't decide how I feel about Daryl bonding with Aaron and Eric. On the one hand, it's cute. But on the other, I have such difficulty believing that someone raised as he was would have no problem with homosexuals. It's just another (IMO) improbable layer of awesomeness to Daryl Dixon.

Count me among those who squirmed more at seeing the horse being taken down than humans...

The whole group was passing around Judith. I believe Jessie even commented on it to Rick. So, no, Carl didn't hand her off to Jessie. He may have handed her off to the first person to want to hold her, but Jessie was just the last in the chain. Nothing nefarious there that I could see. I saw it more as her maybe thinking Rick might be nervous with all those people passing the baby around and nicely brought Judith back to him. Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 2

Maybe the horrible secret of Alexandria is if you don't play well with others, you get exiled.  If you don't get along with the popular kids, you can't be part of the group.

I'm enjoying seeing how the different characters in Rick's group are coping.  Maggie seems to be alternating between desperately wanting to believe and about to crack.

• Love 2

Then there's the matter of the people she mentioned exiling, without explaining why. They're out there, with knowledge of their lax security and freezer guns guarded by a barista with a clipboard. I agree with the folks that think Enid is probably supplying them.

I'm very curious about who the video confessionals are for, exactly, and if Deanna's really in charge, or just the friendly front for newcomers. I also wonder what Father Gabriel might have said during his interview. Deanna told Rick that his people were all singing his praises in their interviews, but we don't know if that's true.

"Peace?? F* Peace!!" ~Rick and Carol

When Deanna's husband met Rick, he mentioned that he'd watched the tapes. I figure it's the equivalent of the whole town being there for the interviews but in a way that doesn't overwhelm the newcomers.

• Love 1

Maybe the horrible secret of Alexandria is if you don't play well with others, you get exiled.  If you don't get along with the popular kids, you can't be part of the group.

Exiled people now know where your camp is and what your weaknesses are; can't believe no one has come back for revenge. That's the first rule of Zombie Camp - keep your location a secret. Is that not the reason they wanted kill Randall in Season 2 because he knew where the farm was? I bet my big toe nail something is off. And I don't read the spoilers but I have a bad feeling that pickle making, need a boar leg, chocolate and gun security guard Olivia is not long for this world.

• Love 2

Don't forget they had Merle's candyman bag, and then Merle himself tearing up the mattresses in the prison because the best dope he'd ever scored was in a prison.

On topic, this is another reason I don't trust Dr. Porchdick. One little needle stick would be too easy.

The only thing I took away from that is: One little needle stick by the porchdick.

This June, I graduate from the sixth grade!

• Love 4

But hadn't she already assigned job to everyone but Sasha before the fight? Unless she changed her mind after seeing the fight or was just really good at reading Michone and Rick during the interviews, she had no way of knowing how Michone and Rick would react in a situation like that.

No, it is at the street, right after the fight, when Michonne and Deanna have the talk about her being on the force with Rick.

When Deanna's husband met Rick, he mentioned that he'd watched the tapes. I figure it's the equivalent of the whole town being there for the interviews but in a way that doesn't overwhelm the newcomers.

Yeah, that's why. To be considerate

Or so people can vote on them. For what future I don't know, banishment, acceptance...having the person assist you in the kitchen. It's like a co-ed Stepford.

I would like to be told more about that before giving too much details on tape, I guess they can't get a choice because CDB are the ones needing food water and homes. But it's creepy to answer very personal questions, about things you've done and how you feel about it, then go to a party or walk around a neighborhood and find out later that everyone was watching and listening.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 1
Exiled people now know where your camp is and what your weaknesses are; can't believe no one has come back for revenge. That's the first rule of Zombie Camp - keep your location a secret.

With as clueless as the Alexandrians appear to be - ZA?  What ZA?  We are rebuilding this world one backwards fence at a time - not thinking about that would fall right in line with how they seem to be, but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• Love 1

Or so people can vote on them. For what future I don't know, banishment, acceptance...having the person assist you in the kitchen.

Now I'm picturing Animal House, and them throwing beers at the screen.  And Deanna has to be like Otter, talking them into letting each one stay.  "I, myself, was so obnoxious, I got beaten up by the seniors once a week."  Soon Deanna will give them all their pledge names.

• Love 5

The whole group was passing around Judith. I believe Jessie even commented on it to Rick. So, no, Carl didn't hand her off to Jessie. He may have handed her off to the first person to want to hold her, but Jessie was just the last in the chain. Nothing nefarious there that I could see. I saw it more as her maybe thinking Rick might be nervous with all those people passing the baby around and nicely brought Judith back to him.

IKR.? Everybody had held Judith except Jessie; counting from day one!

That actually makes sense to me. If the front gates are breached by walkers or raiders, you would want the people with lots of experience on the front lines.

It makes sense if you know ahead of time that the newest people coming in are people with lots of experience. Lots of experience, instant loyalty for you to put weapons in their hands, and the assumption that the front gate will be where the invasion would be. Very polite invasion, the camp having multiple gates, what barbarian horde would come around from another direction?

• So, where did the last newest people go? Enid's parents?
  • If new people get the front houses by the gate, does that mean when newer people show up everyone moves one house toward the back like musical chairs?
  • Why is Aaron so close to the front?
  • Do people become less able remember their experiential skills after being there, and need to be moved a distance from the fence?
  • Deanna said she and her family were headed for Ohio to her district, and the Army sent her there. Then she said other people showed up, and they had a community.
  • How long were they driving from DC to Ohio? Because it's been 18months since Wildfire was declared, and Aaron said the community had been there less than a year?
  • If Deanna & fam showed up 6-7 months after the others were evacuated, why hadn't the then-unwalled neighborhood with it's own electric grid, water, sewage, and supplies been taken by a group before that?
  • If Deanna &fam showed up right after Wildfire, then why had the other residents evacuated?

I'm playing Devil's Advocate, challenging the ASZ . But the timeline given by Deanna isn't working out for me.

• Love 2

I admire your restraint. My dad threatened to lock me out of the house during an ice storm if I didn't give him my bag of Funyuns. Of course, I threatened to poison him because he wouldn't split a Slim Jim with me. We now blame it on a lack of coffee.

LOL.  It was six hours before we realized there was only one Ding Dong.  Then there was zero restraint.  lol  (I won)  Now I'm bowing to your superior strategy, because threats of poison would take so much less physical energy. 

Right, but I'm wondering if someone else, including the husband, makes the decisions.  She's just the smiling woman getting you to spill your guts on camera. 

That actually makes sense to me. If the front gates are breached by walkers or raiders, you would want the people with lots of experience on the front lines. CDB is probably still sleeping with one eye open and would be able to deal with almost anything quicker and more efficiently than most of the ASZhats.

Last one hired, first one fired/eaten by walkers.

• Love 3