Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Forget

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

No, it is at the street, right after the fight, when Michonne and Deanna have the talk about her being on the force with Rick.

Yeah, that's why. To be considerate

Or so people can vote on them. For what future I don't know, banishment, acceptance...having the person assist you in the kitchen. It's like a co-ed Stepford.

I would like to be told more about that before giving too much details on tape, I guess they can't get a choice because CDB are the ones needing food water and homes. But it's creepy to answer very personal questions, about things you've done and how you feel about it, then go to a party or walk around a neighborhood and find out later that everyone was watching and listening.

Actually, I kinda figured they got together and watched them with big bowls of popcorn. Face it, there ain't no reality TV no more!  (But what I meant was, that is the ostensible reason for the tapes, so that everyone in town can see them without everyone in town having to be there for the interview and making people clam up.  Whether there is a deeper, more evil reason I cannot say.)

• Love 1

• If new people get the front houses by the gate, does that mean when newer people show up everyone moves one house toward the back like musical chairs?
  • Why is Aaron so close to the front?

I'm playing Devil's Advocate, challenging the ASZ . But the timeline given by Deanna isn't working out for me.

That's a good point about constantly moving.  Maybe you get to pick out your own place once you've acclimated and can be trusted.

I figure Aaron comes and goes the most, and it's just convenient.

As for the timeline, this show is in the soap opera time zone.

• Love 5

Actually, I kinda figured they got together and watched them with big bowls of popcorn. Face it, there ain't no reality TV no more!  (But what I meant was, that is the ostensible reason for the tapes, so that everyone in town can see them without everyone in town having to be there for the interview and making people clam up.  Whether there is a deeper, more evil reason I cannot say.)

I think it's very smart to not reveal who your actual council is.  Like with our group, who would assume Carol is what she is, even without the cardigans?  But they don't have lookouts, so I'm not sure who is smart.  Or maybe they're super smart, and they have lookouts posted on the outside, and they don't tell new people.  I have to stop thinking about it, because it just goes in a circle.  Either they are especially naive or especially cunning.  No wonder Rick can't sleep at night.  I am also supposed to be cleaning and packing for vacation.

• Love 3

No, it is at the street, right after the fight, when Michonne and Deanna have the talk about her being on the force with Rick.

Right, that is when she tells them the jobs, but when Deanna (every time I type that I think, "WHO'S DEANNA") comes to visit them at the house (when she comments on Rick's clean shaven face and them all staying together), she tells them she has jobs for all of them, and that she is closing in on something for Sasha and just trying to figure Mr. Dixon out. So, she knows what job she has for Rick and Michonne that night, but she doesn't enlighten them or us until after the fight.

• Love 3

The only thing I took away from that is: One little needle stick by the porchdick.

This June, I graduate from the sixth grade!

Congratulations! You are a charter member of The Repository of All Immaturity!

Right, but I'm wondering if someone else, including the husband, makes the decisions.  She's just the smiling woman getting you to spill your guts on camera.

Either I'm delusional about ASZ ( entirely possible) or I'm getting ideas for my own apocalyptic show.

Because---speaking of husbands---do we know that the husbands and wives are really married? To their original partner?

I"m just saying Deanna exiles people who don't play her game, and Deanna supposedly (by Tovah Feldshuh interview) wants a real good gene pool to repopulate.

What if they throw out your spouse, and say you can stay...with So-and-so---who's real wife didn't make it?

What if Jessie and Pete are having trouble because they never did have such a background in college? (art school to med school to support family? So she'd be working while pregnant and till the baby was in school because med students are too busy for years. Is he a doctor? Is anything true?)

Maybe the houses aren't the only things being moved from one to another like musical chairs.

BTW, in the last episode, Maggie wore a button down at the table with Deanna...but she wore 2 different real baggy tops. One went down to her knees. Suddenly tired of the old cleavage baring tanks? She also looked tired. She might get to play Rosemary: "Time to see Dr. Sapirstein! All the girls go to him! Terry, our last newcomer went to him. I wonder what happened to her?"

• Love 3

Either I'm delusional about ASZ ( entirely possible) or I'm getting ideas for my own apocalyptic show.

Because---speaking of husbands---do we know that the husbands and wives are really married? To their original partner?

I"m just saying Deanna exiles people who don't play her game, and Deanna supposedly (by Tovah Feldshuh interview) wants a real good gene pool to repopulate.

What if they throw out your spouse, and say you can stay...with So-and-so---who's real wife didn't make it?

What if Jessie and Pete are having trouble because they never did have such a background in college? (art school to med school to support family? So she'd be working while pregnant and till the baby was in school because med students are too busy for years. Is he a doctor? Is anything true?)

Maybe the houses aren't the only things being moved from one to another like musical chairs.

BTW, in the last episode, Maggie wore a button down at the table with Deanna...but she wore 2 different real baggy tops. One went down to her knees. Suddenly tired of the old cleavage baring tanks? She also looked tired. She might get to play Rosemary: "Time to see Dr. Sapirstein! All the girls go to him! Terry, our last newcomer went to him. I wonder what happened to her?"

I read some interviews and watch TTD, but all the above-mentioned "extra information" is a LOT to discover outside of a show. I had not read the Tovah Feldshuh interview. I sure hope it's not a repopulation commune. Still doesn't explain their luck at never being attacked.

And ALL that background for Jessie and Pete. Is that stuff they just tell the actress to get in character...and should never be revealed to the audience? Kind of annoying.

You think Maggie's hiding a baby belly?

• Love 3

Maggie has managed to stay fairly attractive no matter what happened all this time, but now that they've reached a "civilized" spot, she looks like a sister wife.

I think they're overcompensating for the grief for Beth that fans constantly complained she never showed.  So now she has to wear ugly clothes and not get a haircut from Jessie to make up for it.  I'm okay with her getting over it enough to get her hair did.  She just needs a nice layered cut so it can grow out attractively when they're thrown back into chaos.

• Love 5

I think I commented on Maggie's button down on my first post in this thread...that isn't how she dressed on the farm at all. Has she been converted to government employee so quickly? 

Maybe ASZ doesn't have a big supply of fitted clothes, which is why Michonne seems to be wearing her same old pants and belt.

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 3

But they don't have lookouts, so I'm not sure who is smart.  Or maybe they're super smart, and they have lookouts posted on the outside, and they don't tell new people. 

They don't have lookouts, they "don't need lookouts"...say the same people who follow strangers hours of driving distance from their camp, listen on parabolic mics, and have a video library there of everyone in town.

?

Btw,  will one of CDB find Deanna's real office?

Right, that is when she tells them the jobs, but when Deanna (every time I type that I think, "WHO'S DEANNA") comes to visit them at the house (when she comments on Rick's clean shaven face and them all staying together), she tells them she has jobs for all of them, and that she is closing in on something for Sasha and just trying to figure Mr. Dixon out. So, she knows what job she has for Rick and Michonne that night, but she doesn't enlighten them or us until after the fight.

Here's my post about it, I didn't mean when she said she had something without specifying. I mean she quickly gave the position with authority right on the street.

I thought her doorway conversation was manipulative, I say I got jobs for two, but won't say why that's a secret for now, except maybe I'm bullshitting, I'm closing in on Sasha (cough cough) and I'm trying to figure out Mr. Dixon, well really trying to figure how to control and pull Mr. Dixon's strings.

(I do think Michonne has some misgivings---and Deanna quickly gave her an important job right working with Rick. In a position of authority. Deanna watched the fight; Glenn and Daryl got physical but Rick held Daryl back and Michonne stood between both sides to stop any more hitting. That's why she picked those two---they didn't side only with their own group. That may be very good in a person---assimilating well, or Deanna could see both of them as not staying 100% with CDB.)

• Love 4

I'm laughing thinking about visiting Jessie for a new cut.  "I'm thinking of layered bob that can grow out naturally for a year or so, in case you're eaten alive tomorrow.   You know, something I can also pull into a pony tail to keep it out of walker guts.  Just something casual."

• Love 11

And yet there's a bunch of stuff in Carol's size.  I'm guessing it's probably whatever the original inhabitants left behind, and there either is stuff in your size or isn't.  They need Michonne to do a shoestring-tailoring on everyone's clothes like she did on her cop jacket!

• Love 5

They don't have lookouts, they "don't need lookouts"...say the same people who follow strangers hours of driving distance from their camp, listen on parabolic mics, and have a video library there of everyone in town.

?

Btw,  will one of CDB find Deanna's real office?

Here's my post about it, I didn't mean when she said she had something without specifying. I mean she quickly gave the position with authority right on the street.

I thought her doorway conversation was manipulative, I say I got jobs for two, but won't say why that's a secret for now, except maybe I'm bullshitting, I'm closing in on Sasha (cough cough) and I'm trying to figure out Mr. Dixon, well really trying to figure how to control and pull Mr. Dixon's strings.

The talk of microphones and cameras makes me wonder if maybe they don't need lookouts because they have cameras everywhere, and someone is monitoring them.  They could have a dozen cameras pointed to just outside the walls and one person could man the whole thing--much more efficient than having a whole giant portion of your population having to stand watch.  You'd only have to raid one Best Buy and you'd be set.  And since they already have cameras, video cameras and microphones, they got a bunch of tech from somewhere.  Small, wireless cameras wouldn't use a lot of power and there wouldn't need to be visible cables strung everywhere. 

ETA: Also, it's not like the tech stuff would have already been scrounged--most people nowadays have no use or need for it because they don't have access to electricity.

Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 6

And yet there's a bunch of stuff in Carol's size.  I'm guessing it's probably whatever the original inhabitants left behind, and there either is stuff in your size or isn't.  They need Michonne to do a shoestring-tailoring on everyone's clothes like she did on her cop jacket!

On second thought, we are removing you as constable, and making you our tailor.  She probably has killed seven with one blow, even.

The talk of microphones and cameras makes me wonder if maybe they don't need lookouts because they have cameras everywhere, and someone is monitoring them.  They could have a dozen cameras pointed to just outside the walls and one person could man the whole thing--much more efficient than having a whole giant portion of your population having to stand watch.  You'd only have to raid one Best Buy and you'd be set.  And since they already have cameras, video cameras and microphones, they got a bunch of tech from somewhere.  Small, wireless cameras wouldn't use a lot of power and there wouldn't need to be visible cables strung everywhere. 

ETA: Also, it's not like the tech stuff would have already been scrounged--most people nowadays have no use or need for it because they don't have access to electricity.

Sounds pretty reasonable for a gated community in Alexandria even now.

• Love 4

Why do newcomers get the homes near the front gate?

That actually makes sense to me. If the front gates are breached by walkers or raiders, you would want the people with lots of experience on the front lines. CDB is probably still sleeping with one eye open and would be able to deal with almost anything quicker and more efficiently than most of the ASZhats.

They are next to a gate, not the main gates, according to the images on the 360 tour on the AMC site. They aren't especially far from the main gates however, it's a small place. As far as I'm concerned there are too damn many gates into the community. Everything about the place bugs me, why would they not bother to enclose the watchtower or  the church within the compound? Even if they weren't thinking in terms of using it as a place of worship, it's still a useful building to use as a meetinghouse, for storage and as a second vantage point. Now that they actually have a minister, it's yet another vulnerability. These people are like a tame porcupine that rolls over for a belly rub.  I really think the danger here is their complacency. Entitlement has been mentioned and to me part of entitlement is a failure to appreciate just how much you've been blessed by luck and circumstance and mistaking that for an achievement. I think there is a significant threat from within, but it's not related to the intentions these people have towards the newcomers, but just how many of these people would be dangerous dead weight in an emergency. I believe something terrible is coming and part of why it will go badly will be a consequence of how far those civilized, chatty people have got their heads jammed up their asses.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 6

The advantage of having the church and watchtower outside the walls is that, when Father Pee Pants inevitably goes running out one of the gates and burns them both down while panicking over a marshmallow that's caught fire, the rest of the city will still be intact. 

• Love 11

It wasn't much of a talk so much as Deanna just offering her the job. Deanna might have settled on offering Michone another job but changed her mind when she saw how Michone acted during the fight. Or that may have been the job she wanted to offer Michone all along. Given that Deanna wanted it to be a surprise to both Rick and Michone with regards to what their jobs would be, it could go either way.

• Love 2

As a general rule, I hate obvious pairings on TV shows--I like watching relationships that seem to grow organically rather than those that feel forced or inevitable. And the second that Rick opened his door to Jessie--a young, pretty blonde--it was obvious that he and Jessie would become a "thing."

Having said that, I am cautiously enjoying whatever Rick/Jessie is at the moment, if only for the fact that this show is seriously lacking in sex/romance (sorry, Maggie/Glenn just don't cut it). Plus, Rick has been looking seriously gorgeous lately and I would like to see him in a romantic setting. Sorry, not sorry. Now, there is a very good chance that I will end up hating this relationship, if the show continues to be heavy-handed with it. 

Also, whatever ends up happening with Alexandria, I'm just happy that our group has gotten a few days of R+R--a hot meal, a shower, clean clothes, and a good night's rest. I can't even imagine what a boost those things have given to their psyches after the desperate straits they were in previously. 

One last thing: did anyone think that the song at the end sounded like the theme song from "Too Many Cooks"? No? Just me. Ok then.

Edited by Hava
  • Love 2

Something just clicked as I was thinking about Deanna's party and remembering the visuals of the different rooms full of people. It reminds me of Poe's The Masque of the Red Death. It's not a perfect comparison, of course, but I got that same picture of the false sense of security the privileged few had that they were safe from the terrible plague around them because they had bolted the doors in the walls around the estate. I won't go so far as to say that they've locked Death in with them, but who knows? I might be in the minority, but I don't think that Enid's trips over the wall and into the woods are purely nature excursions.

I meant to reply to this earlier, but yes, I do think they've locked Death in with them. CDB = Death.

• Love 5

Congratulations! You are a charter member of The Repository of All Immaturity!

I remember when Lori said "What are we going to do, get a divorce?"  I would think that going through the ZA would either bring your family together, or tear it apart like Rick and Lori.  I mean if she wouldn't have died, and there were all those new potential partners coming into the prison....Who's to say what would have happened.  As different groups meet up and more options become available I think there would be lots of this going on.

I read some interviews and watch TTD, but all the above-mentioned "extra information" is a LOT to discover outside of a show. I had not read the Tovah Feldshuh interview. I sure hope it's not a repopulation commune. Still doesn't explain their luck at never being attacked.

And ALL that background for Jessie and Pete. Is that stuff they just tell the actress to get in character...and should never be revealed to the audience? Kind of annoying.

You think Maggie's hiding a baby belly?

I hate it that you have to watch TTD half the time to know what the hell is going on or what is supposed to be going on with this show.

One thing that always stands out to me with everyone who is new on TWD...They don't know shit about their characters until the first day of work.  AB said she read as some woman in a cafe for her audition and knew nothing else until her and her TV hubby showed up to work.  This puts the newbies at such a disadvantage.  

More times than not I don't like the new characters until after they are on the show a bit.  I wonder if that is part of the reason?  They don't get a chance to properly prepared and are just thrown in like guerrilla warfare. 

I think I commented on Maggie's button down on my first post in this thread...that isn't how she dressed on the farm at all. Has she been converted to government employee so quickly? 

Maybe ASZ doesn't have a big supply of fitted clothes, which is why Michonne seems to be wearing her same old pants and belt.

Wasn't Maggie like a rebel who had sex and partied?  That's what I thought.  Deanna's whole "what you were mattered" makes her see Maggie as someone who should work with her?  Weird.

• Love 2

I can see Deanna becoming a problem to be handled *ahem*, if Rick's security concerns are perceived by her as a threat to her power and she undermines or vetoes his attempts to keep the community safe. I'm inclined to think that possibility was in Rick's mind when he talked about taking the place. I'm also inclined to think Aaron and Deanna aren't on exactly the same page, although she believes they are.

• Love 5

As a general rule, I hate obvious pairings on TV shows--I like watching relationships that seem to grow organically rather than those that feel forced or pre-destined. 

Now, there is a very good chance that I will end up hating this relationship, if the show continues to be heavy-handed with it. 

You must have loved Season 2, Glenn watches Maggie through binoculars and says "Hello  farmer's daughter!" and she gets the wonderfully subtle line "I hear you're good in tight places and know how to get in and out in a hurry".

Talk about a heavy-handed, obvious pairing---I'm just surprised they didn't have sleazy music playing over it.

• Love 5

wonderfully subtle line "I hear you're good in tight places and know how to get in and out in a hurry".

Ugh! Ugh! And Maggie's "I'll have sex with you" and proceeds to strip in a pharmacy. I was wondering if she just got out of a reformatory or something. Glenn was a sweetie, but hardly a guy to make a woman go mad with lust. Never mind that "Getting in and out in a hurry" is not usually a desirable trait.

No other pairing will ever seem forced to me, compared to those two.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5

Ugh! Ugh! And Maggie's "I'll have sex with you" and proceeds to strip in a pharmacy. I was wondering if she just got out of a reformatory or something. Glenn was a sweetie, but hardly a guy to make a woman go mad with lust. Never mind that "Getting in and out in a hurry" is not usually a desirable trait.

Not only that, but that whole scene was hilariously inappropriate just for the fact they dropped trow to screw in a place that's all kinds of non-secured and God knows what surrounding them and beneath them on the floors, etc.

"Time out over there, approaching Walker (or marauding human).  Let me cross this finish line first; and then we can dance!"

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 6

Considering Glenn's reactions, one good thing is that probably took all of three seconds, if it wasn't over before it began.

So that was the reason for the evident relief on both sides that it was a full box of condoms.  Extras for not only later dates, but also for the false starts.

• Love 2
  • EIGHTEEN Pages.....
  • 880+ posts in FOUR days.....
  • Potentially contentious SHIPPING arguments re: Michonne, Rick and that Jessie person....

• And Yet - ZERO reports!! ZERO Complaints!

So here is an "Official" mod note saying Thank You to Everyone for being good. For remaining respectful, polite and spoiler free yet funny, creative and just plain awesome with your posts. *Loud Applause* Good job!

• Love 23

Uh oh...everyone's behaving?

*shreds pages of copious notes from seven -- yes, seven! -- viewings of "Forget" and slinks off*

Oh, wait...this should be non-controversial:

For future reference, the pantry chalkboard above the freezer indicated that it contained 10 portions of  fish; 11 portions of duck; 6 portions of deer; 5 portions of rabbit; and 8 portions of chocolate. The portion size of the various types of meat is unknown, but the bag of chocolate was labeled as containing 1/4 bars.

• Love 6

Ok, time for the Aaron-Daryl thing that I've been ruminating on for a good while, because it struck me as one of the realest (is that a word?) things I've heard on a show about zombies.

"Eric and I, (...) we've heard our fair share of well-meaning but hilariously offensive things from some otherwise really nice men and women".

I'm straight, but my little brother is gay, and so is my best friend's little sister, and we've had many a venting session about exactly that. How people you respect and like in any other circumstance will sometimes say things that you can see are meant with every good intention, but end up so incredibly insensitive and offensive that you don't even know where and how to correct them. Hell, I've been guilty of it on occasion, and thankfully my brother has no qualms in letting me know when I'm putting my foot in my mouth (sorry, Bob, that's really insensitive too...), and I've had the chance to realise that, as a general rule, it's better if I think twice -or more- before speaking.

Which is something I think Daryl understands very well, considering how offended and hurt he was by Beth's throwaway comment about being in jail, back in the episode that I skip whenever I rewatch some of season 4.

(I'm also not surprised at all that Daryl seems to have no prejudice or apparent homophobia, because I always got the sense that he was just waiting for the chance to let go of what he was expected to be before the world ended, and that's why he flourished while everything else decayed. In the old world, he would have had no choice but to be Merle junior, with everything that entailed. Now, the more he is out there, the more he becomes what he really is, and what he really is apparently is someone who doesn't give a shit what you do, as long as you're not hurting the people he loves.)

All that to say that, for the first time possibly ever, I found myself thinking that a character on the frickin' Walking Dead was saying something that I actually related to, in between chasing down a horse and putting down that same horse.

• Love 14

So that was the reason for the evident relief on both sides that it was a full box of condoms.  Extras for not only later dates, but also for the false starts.

I wonder how many they went through before managing to get one on? "Ahhhh! Damn...gimme me another one in about one minute."

I'll stop now. I realize this discussion of Glenn's premature ejaculations is off topic.

• Love 2

You must have loved Season 2, Glenn watches Maggie through binoculars and says "Hello  farmer's daughter!" and she gets the wonderfully subtle line "I hear you're good in tight places and know how to get in and out in a hurry".

Talk about a heavy-handed, obvious pairing---I'm just surprised they didn't have sleazy music playing over it.

HAHA that one flew right over my head the first time! We're 5 seasons in and I'm just now getting used to Maggie and Glenn because I don't think I have a choice here.

TWD and romance...ugh:

- What is wrong with this show that it cannot come up with any natural-appearing romantic entanglements? Ok except Andrea and Shane and the carsex in season 2 (?); that seemed natural, was hot but brief.  I've never ever watched a show where the romance was handled so awkwardly.

- None of the characters have any chemistry, not even Maggie and Glenn (sorry, they still make me cringe when they make out). So the show has to swing wildly in the opposite direction and spoon-feed us a cute blonde (who, I imagine, in the ZA, is like finding a damn unicorn) for Rick to get showered and shirtless for.  Also? no wonder Pete is all, "that's my unicorn who cut your hair." I guess in the context of the ZA, I'd be a little possessive too.  Slim pickings out there.

- Changing subject here, but anyone notice how similar Rick season 5 is becoming to Shane season 2?  Shane was always about protecting the family at all costs.  His methods were sometimes brutal, but I think his intentions were usually good (until his almost-rape of Lori and almost-murder of Rick).  Now look who seems to be willing to go to extremes to protect the family.  Ooh and look who's also coveting someone else's cute wife. Is Rick the new Shane?  Ironic.  I think Shane was better built for the ZA world, was  too brutal for the softly lit Pottery Farm, but perfect for these later seasons.

• Love 4

Maybe it's because I find Rick incredibly sexy and masculine and the fact that I haven't hooked up in awhile but I was turned on by the look in his eyes when he kissed the blonde on the cheek and looked at her.

Yeah it's not right ethically but I want to see him take what he wants (with her wanting him to of course). Bring on the heat!

• Love 6

(I'm also not surprised at all that Daryl seems to have no prejudice or apparent homophobia, because I always got the sense that he was just waiting for the chance to let go of what he was expected to be before the world ended, and that's why he flourished while everything else decayed. In the old world, he would have had no choice but to be Merle junior, with everything that entailed. Now, the more he is out there, the more he becomes what he really is, and what he really is apparently is someone who doesn't give a shit what you do, as long as you're not hurting the people he loves.) - Caelicola

Yes. Perfectly stated. In fact, your whole post was spot on. I also think that the "We're all three of us outsiders in this community" speech made a point with him. However (because there's usually a however), almost everyone from the show runners to the audience are acting like this is a huge breakthrough, having a gay couple in the story arc. Helloooo … Tara is an out lesbian, and she had a relationship going on with what's-her-name in Philip's camp. I think that TPTB made a good call in not making a big deal about that, so I'm rolling my eyes that they're making a big deal out of Aaron and Eric. I don't know; I suppose the story calls for it in order to have that bonding moment with Daryl. Maybe. I just know that speaking for myself as a lesbian (and not for all lesbians), I like how Tara is treated as just a person.

• Love 8

After a week of Jessie talk, I’m getting a bit tired of the character. Her storyline has run its course! How about next episode opens with Rick&Jessie doing a Shane&Lori-in-the-woods callback to S1. (Everyone loves a good CB.) And, no worries, it’s safe out there b/c we've got Sasha in the watchtower. The act ends the speculation about who likes whom and everyone stops feeling sorry for Rick for getting no sex during the long, dry ZA. S6e01, a time jump of 9 months: Carl (“Seriously, Dad?”) steps up and doesn’t just lose his (step)mom, he has to kill her. It has to be him. The End. KthxByeJess. Oh and Daryl, see if you can find a double stroller out there. Because Rick’s babyminders are not lining up like they used to. Rick: Hey guys, wanna go look for another town… Early S7, Leading Lady #3 shows up. Btw, it's a temp job.

• Love 4

I feel like I lack imagination because I  thought he was pressing up against the wall trying to figure out how many  walkers there were, like were there enough to start pressing against the wall from the other side and maybe cause it to de-stablize or something.   I thought he just looked alert, like he was trying to listen and was thinking, who's out there.

I thought he was in awe if how the wall was working. It wasn't like the fence at the prison. Like it truly hit him that he could be safe there with his family. And that he's going to take over the town.

• Love 3

• EIGHTEEN Pages.....
  • 880+ posts in FOUR days.....
  • Potentially contentious SHIPPING arguments re: Michonne, Rick and that Jessie person....

• And Yet - ZERO reports!! ZERO Complaints!

So here is an "Official" mod note saying Thank You to Everyone for being good. For remaining respectful, polite and spoiler free yet funny, creative and just plain awesome with your posts. *Loud Applause* Good job!

Awesome job, everyone but please tell me someone reported that post just to be funny :)

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 8

Maybe it's because I find Rick incredibly sexy and masculine....

I can't tell if AL is really hot or the ZA has just drastically lowered my standards.  Also, I don't think he's particularly good looking, but seriously, I can't wait till Daryl takes a bath and brushes his teeth and gets a haircut.  I will jump up and clap like a seal.  I need to see this, please Santa, I've been so good! (I'm talkin' to you, season finale...)

• Love 5

TWD and romance...ugh:

- What is wrong with this show that it cannot come up with any natural-appearing romantic entanglements? Ok except Andrea and Shane and the carsex in season 2 (?); that seemed natural, was hot but brief.  I've never ever watched a show where the romance was handled so awkwardly.

- None of the characters have any chemistry, not even Maggie and Glenn (sorry, they still make me cringe when they make out). So the show has to swing wildly in the opposite direction and spoon-feed us a cute blonde (who, I imagine, in the ZA, is like finding a damn unicorn) for Rick to get showered and shirtless for.  Also? no wonder Pete is all, "that's my unicorn who cut your hair." I guess in the context of the ZA, I'd be a little possessive too.  Slim pickings out there.

- Changing subject here, but anyone notice how similar Rick season 5 is becoming to Shane season 2?  Shane was always about protecting the family at all costs.  His methods were sometimes brutal, but I think his intentions were usually good (until his almost-rape of Lori and almost-murder of Rick).  Now look who seems to be willing to go to extremes to protect the family.  Ooh and look who's also coveting someone else's cute wife. Is Rick the new Shane?  Ironic.  I think Shane was better built for the ZA world, was  too brutal for the softly lit Pottery Farm, but perfect for these later seasons.

Agreed on the romantic relationships being mostly a disaster.  I think the most horrifying was the Governor and Andrea.  And then the Governor and Tara's sister. Both of those kind of made my skin crawl.    I did like Bob and Sasha, I thought they made for a good couple and the actors did a good job with it, kidding around with each other, that kind of thing.  What you would expect with a new couple.  I can barely remember Tyreese and Karen.  And of course Lori and Shane and Rick and Lori and Shane and Rick.   kidding of course on that last one, that was just a bromance that turned ugly.

But yeah they mostly have been sort of contrived and not that interesting to watch. 

I don't think Rick's like Shane.  Mostly because Shane was brutal and ruthless very early in the ZA whereas Rick's behavior has been mostly shaped by some pretty horrible things that have happened.   i don't think Rick is at the point where he will do anything just for himself, whereas I always thought, at least after what happened with Otis, that Shane would willingly sacrifice anyone at any time to insure his own personal survival. And to impress Lori of course. He would have gotten a lot more people killed.  

But maybe you're right, maybe it doesn't matter if it's just who you are because that's who you are or if it's who you become because of bad stuff that happened if you end up in the same place either way.  But I feel like it should make a difference.

Edited by Dodginblue
  • Love 9

- What is wrong with this show that it cannot come up with any natural-appearing romantic entanglements? Ok except Andrea and Shane and the carsex in season 2 (?); that seemed natural, was hot but brief.  I've never ever watched a show where the romance was handled so awkwardly.

- None of the characters have any chemistry, not even Maggie and Glenn (sorry, they still make me cringe when they make out).

This! Every damned word, except I would say "..especially Maggie and Glenn!" Never have I seen a woman look so turned off.

I think the most horrifying was the Governor and Andrea.

Call me a creep, but that? For me, hot as hell.

I don't think Rick is turning into Shane. Shane could never have gotten so many people to follow his lead this long.  He's turning into the Governor in many ways. -  nearly as ruthless and as hungry for control.  And he's crazy. Not crazy the way he was at the prison - this is a much worse kind of koo-koo because it's not so obvious.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 6
I did like Bob and Sasha, I thought they made for a good couple and the actors did a good job with it, kidding around with each other, that kind of thing.

I LOVED Bob and Sasha! So freaking cute and natural. I was so sad when Bob died. 

• Love 8

I don't know, I kind of thought it made sense from the standpoint that Maggie may have decided that she wasn't ever going to meet anyone ever again who would be even remotely suitable for a romantic partner and then here comes Glenn, age appropriate, in good shape, can string two sentences together, no baggage, what's not to make a girl fall madly in love.  

It kind of reminds me of something I read once, can't remember who said it but it was some athlete I think, talking about how he was in a bar with his friend and it was getting late and the friend starts putting the moves on some chick at the bar who was not the most attractive woman in the world and he said, I asked him, what are you doing and the friend replied, hey look, it's almost 2 AM and Miss America's not walking through that door. 

It's 2 AM in the ZA and Mr. Wonderful's not walking through the door any time soon.  

• Love 8

i don't think Rick is at the point where he will do anything just for himself, whereas I always thought, at least after what happened with Otis, that Shane would willingly sacrifice anyone at any time to insure his own personal survival.

To be fair, I think Shane shot Otis to save his own life, yes, but also to get meds to Carl, who was in a coma at the time with a gunshot wound. I don't think Otis was going to be able to do it.  Tough call.  I think you're right though, I think Shane was naturally brutal and ruthless, but it was kept in check by civilized society. I don't think it was ever in Rick's nature to be that way, but came about by way of extraordinary circumstances. The net at this point is *similar*, but I certainly don't see Rick attempting to kill his best friend (Daryl, I guess?) or attempting to rape Jessie.

• Love 5

So I guess if you still have your family intact, you are living in very nice houses, have showers regularly and food it's a lot easier to deal with the loss of Cable TV and having to ration chocolate.

There are likely zombies still waiting patiently for Comcast / Time Warner to show up between 9:00 and 5:00.

• Love 18

There are likely zombies still waiting patiently for Comcast / Time Warner to show up between 9:00 and 5:00.

Thanks, I needed that after a hellacious day at work. 

Or sitting on the couch with the phone on their shoulder waiting for a live person to pick up the call.  And it just keeps playing the same robot message, your call is important to us, please don't hang up.  Average wait time is currently....forever.

• Love 7

In further fairness to Rick, he and his family were very nearly butchered like cattle by monstrous hipsters just about 5 or 6 weeks ago, on top of all the other horrors and deprivations of their basic human needs that they have endured since. Shane went crazy and homicidal without suffering nearly so much in horrors and deprivations of basic human needs. Rick appears to covet a strange man's wife, but so far, that's it. He did remind me of Shane much more this episode, but considering all he and the gang have been through, I think he's different.

On a side note, his dedication to Judith is wonderful, especially seeing as how I think it's more likely that she is Shane and Lori's baby rather than his. Yet another reason small talk would be so awkward at that cocktail party. Even if he choose to lie/gloss over details, simply being asked about Judith's mom (if anyone did) would bring up painful memories.

Actually, maybe that's part of why the Alexandrians made idle chit chat about pasta makers, books, and favorite recipes. Because more substantive conversation topics lead to scary, painful subjects that they don't want to think about. Sort of their mental defense system. I guess I understand the urge to hide your head in the sand, but I feel like sooner or later the dangers are going to reach you, and you're just going to be more vulnerable and unprepared.

For what it's worth, I was disappointed in Rick's looks in the beginning of the Show, I thought he was too baby-faced and pale, and the tan Sheriff's uniform and hat didn't do much for him. Little did I imagine the rough, blood soaked Captain Caveman-bearded scary guy we'd get in later seasons. Anyway, I like the stubbly Rick that we had by season 3, and I thought he looked gorgeous all cleaned up for the party, so I've come round. He's a very pretty man, and the American-looking tanned face and simple button down shirt looked great on him. I don't think it's about lower ZA standards, but I guess I can't be sure.

• Love 10

For what it's worth, I was disappointed in Rick's looks in the beginning of the Show, I thought he was too baby-faced and pale, and the tan Sheriff's uniform and hat didn't do much for him. Little did I imagine the rough, blood soaked Captain Caveman-bearded scary guy we'd get in later seasons. Anyway, I like the stubbly Rick that we had by season 3, and I thought he looked gorgeous all cleaned up for the party, so I've come round. He's a very pretty man, and the American-looking tanned face and simple button down shirt looked great on him. I don't think it's about lower ZA standards, but I guess I can't be sure.

Well, yes, but in the beginning he had just woken up from a coma and had been trapped in a hospital bed so really his early looks were kind of consistent with someone who'd been ill and was still getting his strength back.  

• Love 3