Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Woo hoo, here's a link to Daytime Emmy's "6 Shocking Emmy snubs": http://www.fame10.com/entertainment/6-most-shocking-soap-opera-emmy-snubs-of-2016/3/

They have the good grace to have RSW, KA and PR on the list and KM is not mentioned--again WOO HOO!!!

I would had taken out number 6 and added Karla Mosley as well. She would had been my number one. Love how they didn't say KM shouldn't be on the list but RSW should had.

--

Speaking of Emmys

I have reels. The young adults and supporting males have been posted thusfar

YFA Reels

http://www.soapoperaspy.com/2016/daytime-emmy-awards-news-natas-releases-highlight-reels-for-younger-actress-in-drama-series-nominees-watch-here/

YMA Reels

http://www.soapoperaspy.com/2016/the-daytime-emmy-awards-news-natas-releases-highlight-reels-for-younger-actor-in-drama-series-watch-here/

SMA Reels

https://youtu.be/D63pG7iQyDk

https://youtu.be/il4xKFMlulg

https://youtu.be/VGMvObUbthw

https://youtu.be/780ZcV4M8OQ

https://youtu.be/tq6yUPcBZe0

Edited by BlackMamba

Why is it that every other actor on DOOL is praising KM? I noticed Jenn Lilley commented on Twitter. During the Afterbuzx interview, MBE was talking about how shocked she was KM wasn't nominated. Of course Billy Flynn is praising the job she is doing. They did this during the cabin scenes and now again. I've never seen a group of actors on any TV show or movie praising a co-star like KM has been praised.

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 2

Why is it that every other actor on DOOL is praising KM? I noticed Jenn Lilley commented on Twitter. During the Afterbuzx interview, MBE was talking about how shocked she was KM wasn't nominated. Of course Billy Flynn is praising the job she is doing. They did this during the cabin scenes and now again. I've never seen a group of actors on any TV show or movie praising a co-star like KM has been praised.

It is funny that a bunch of pros think the opposite of many of us. Maybe she's a nice person in real life, lol. Have they commented on being shocked that Kristin Alfonso was also shut out, I wonder? 

• Love 1

It is funny that a bunch of pros think the opposite of many of us. Maybe she's a nice person in real life, lol. Have they commented on being shocked that Kristin Alfonso was also shut out, I wonder? 

They are colleagues and they are supposed to say that..Just because you are nice does not mean that you are competent at your job..Plus,I would not expect any of them to say Kate Mansi sucks as an actress..lol..It would reflect badly on them...No one has said anything about Peter and Kristian being shut out....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Maybe it's written into their contracts? I don't read GH stuff anymore, but everyone used to practically turn somersaults about how awesome Tony Geary and Maurice Benard were, even when what we were seeing them doing on our screens was absolutely terrible.

• Love 2

Maybe it's written into their contracts? I don't read GH stuff anymore, but everyone used to practically turn somersaults about how awesome Tony Geary and Maurice Benard were, even when what we were seeing them doing on our screens was absolutely terrible.

Exactly! I stopped watching General Hospital because of those two actors...

• Love 2

Not everyone has the time or interest, other than loving the show, to read and seek those things. Comprende?

I think she meant she posted about that news in this thread months ago. Which we all are reading and seeking out by being here and posting in currently.

• Love 2

There seems to be an element of kiss ass going on when it comes to KM. I'm almost starting to wonder because she rumored to be dating one of the writers that might be the case. Then again I do feel like out of being professional and "good colleague" your not going to say "Kate I love ya but honey you didn't deserve a nom." That's for more us fans to say along with critics of the genre.

It is funny that a bunch of pros think the opposite of many of us. Maybe she's a nice person in real life, lol. Have they commented on being shocked that Kristian Alfonso was also shut out, I wonder?

Martha did especially on Twitter. I posted the interview in this thread.

They are colleagues and they are supposed to say that..Just because you are nice does not mean that you are competent at your job..Plus,I would not expect any of them to say Kate Mansi sucks as an actress..lol.. It would reflect badly on them...No one has said anything about Peter and Kristian being shut out....

Not true.

Martha Madison going in on the Emmy snubs of KA and BD in this week's SOD

rsud6s.jpg

Edited by BlackMamba

Poor Peter got meh material and really really sold it. Wish he could have been around until January...

The crazy thing MEB is rumored to have turned in stuff where Kayla told Bo about his illness. We all know that she did well with that but she was more of tbe supporting player in that short story than the main actors PR/KA. It's weird how the Emmys picks and choses their nominations.

• Love 1

The crazy thing MEB is rumored to have turned in stuff where Kayla told Bo about his illness. We all know that she did well with that but she was more of tbe supporting player in that short story than the main actors PR/KA. It's weird how the Emmys picks and choses their nominations.

I actually think that the scenes between Kayla and her mother surrounding her dementia that was later cured was pretty powerful stuff..I think that the scene where her mother did not recognized her gutted me...

• Love 2

Blackmamba, I am crying at my desk here..Thanks alot...lol Kassie is just so damn sublime....Days was crazy to let her go, SMH....

I feel the same way. What a criminal misuse of talent.

• Love 5

Blackmamba, I am crying at my desk here..Thanks alot...lol Kassie is just so damn sublime....Days was crazy to let her go, SMH....

Honey, I don't complain anymore. I have recognized years ago that Days doesn't think long term only short term when it comes to characters and storylines. So yeah I enjoy what I can.

Nevertheless, this is Kassie or Fiona's award to lose. Did it piss anyone off Tracey Bergman's reel was 5 mins long. What a disgrace. A better reel with a strong actress should be there instead of her! What a wasted Emmy nomination spot. They could had just let it 4 nominees if thats how they were going to do tjis category.

• Love 1

Ugh, the AfterBuzz people yesterday kept salivating about what a great job Kate Mansi and Rob Wilson are doing, and are flabbergasted that they didn't get Emmy nominations.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 6

Ugh, the AfterBuzz people yesterday kept salivating about what a great job Kate Mansi and Rob Wilson are doing, and are flabbergasted that they didn't get Emmy nominations.

I get that there are different strokes for different folks, but this just does not compute.  KM and RSW are terrible.  One note, zero nuance, scenery chewing, whatthefuckery. 

KM still can't produce a tear but somehow manages to make her nose run.  And while RSW's facial expression repertoire is slightly greater than hers, its only because he can purse his lips and wrinkle his brow at the same time. 

Why are these two held up to be so wonderful?  Especially when soaps are full of genuinely wonderful actors who are ignored in favor of people like this? 

• Love 4

Since you asked I think she is a terrible actress. If I'd had the ability to post belly pictures from my bathroom 25 years ago I wouldn't have done it.

Edited by QuelleC

Since you asked I think she is a terrible actress. If I'd had the ability to post belly pictures from my bathroom 25 years ago I wouldn't have done it.

What does your opinion of her being a bad actress have to do with whether or not her pics are "disgusting" as you put it??

• Love 1

Days might have just lost the Emmy at least this based on the Abifail shit. Here's what they turned in for Best Soap

Days of our Lives chose the episode where after Abigail’s harrowing experience with serial killer Ben, she is face-to-face with him at the Salem police station in the interrogation room, desperately trying to find out where he took her newborn son. Ben, who has been arrested, has clearly had a break from reality at this point. Abby tells the police the reason Ben killed so many loved ones in Salem. Meanwhile, Hope has kidnapped Dr. Malcolm in hopes of getting information on who is responsible for Bo’s capture which led him to his ultimate death. In the second episode: it’s the Salem bicentennial celebration at the Martin mansion, and following Aiden and Hope’s wedding. Caroline is in the hospital pleading with Kayla to realize that she did receive a call from Bo. Meanwhile, Bo and Steve finally make it back to Salem, only to find out that Hope just married Aiden. Meanwhile, as Hope and Aiden spend the night together as newlyweds, and as the bicentennial celebration fireworks bring everyone closer together, Aiden is planning on murdering his bride.

episodes #12733 airdate: 12/08/2015, and #12712 airdate: 11/5/2015

I think B&B or GH will win it.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/43rd-daytime-emmys-will-bb-days-gh-or-yr-win-outstanding-drama-series-find-out-what-episodes-they-submitted/2016/04/12/

When I get videos I will post them