Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

I am torn between Patsy and Elizabeth..I thought Patsy was robbed of a nomination for Kim's Multiple Personality Disorder. She was amazing in that ,as Kim was forced to deal with her sexual abuse by her uncle Eric via her alters Lacey and Claire...Elizabeth was always sublime as Lucinda on As The World Turns and has never gotten an Emmy...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Not that I've heard.  They didn't have a show yesterday.

They had a show this week.

Afterbuzz will have Brody Hutzler (ex Patrick Lockhart) this Sunday in the spotlight. I remember that good looking mancandy. Sighs.

Amen.  I really liked him with Hope and wished that they would bring him back reformed.  Loved his sex scene with Billie where they broke the bed and Bo was seething jealous.  He also had that weird pseudo "S&M" thing with EJ.  I wonder if he will talk about that crazy storyline. 

• Love 1

Yeah Patrick was revealed to be the "Black Glove" of Salem.  He was being paid by EJ to go around and mess with the Salemities.  We the audience only saw the person committing the crime wear a black glove, it was later revealed to be Patrick hired by EJ.  He is the one who switched the samples for Belle and Phillip, and Shawn and Mimi's babies, among other things.

Anyway, whenever Patrick would mess up EJ would literally beat him with his belt, and the scenes always had this weird sexual energy to them as if they were into S&M.  I wanted to know if James and Brody injected those hints into the story themselves or if it was a direction given to them.  It reminds me when Will was being blackmailed by EJ and there was this sexual tension to their scenes and later James Scott revealed that he and Chandler came up with that angle and thought it would make the storyline more interesting to keep the audience guessing.

• Love 1

Anyway, whenever Patrick would mess up EJ would literally beat him with his belt, and the scenes always had this weird sexual energy to them as if they were into S&M.  I wanted to know if James and Brody injected those hints into the story themselves or if it was a direction given to them.  

It reminds me when Will was being blackmailed by EJ and there was this sexual tension to their scenes and later James Scott revealed that he and Chandler came up with that angle and thought it would make the storyline more interesting to keep the audience guessing.

Well damn. 

And, god I loved the Will/EJ chemistry. So good.

• Love 3

Well damn. 

And, god I loved the Will/EJ chemistry. So good.

I thought that I was the only one who liked the chemistry between EJ and Will...I wanted them to do it....Yes, I  am coming out and saying that I shipped Will and EJ..I feel dirty writing this...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I thought that I was the only one who liked the chemistry between EJ and Will...I wanted them to do it....Yes, I  am coming out and saying that I shipped Will and EJ..I feel dirty writing this...lol

Girl, please. You are definitely NOT the only one with a slash EJ/Will fantasy going on. 

I just PM'd you.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 2

Um....creepy.

If it weren't for EJ being Will's mother's rapist, I wouldn't mind...but ewwww.

ANYWAY!

To be fair the show has never  taken EJ to task for that, in fact, they had EJ throw Sami's rape of Austin in her face to justify his own rape of Sami....Not to mention, he mocked Kristen's rape of Eric..

Edited by Apprentice79

So, judging by the interview with Reeves, there's no one on the show who understands how addiction actually works? That should make for some riveting television...

And as long as I'm up (and cranky), I thought the weirdly sexualized power dynamic between Will and Elvis was inappropriate, gross, and, frankly, kind of homophobic. But this is a show that thinks rape is just a way of getting to know someone.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Wasn't EJ  cracking jokes about Will ending up in prison for shooting him and either insinuated that he would become someone's "bitch" or would like prison because he would be surrounded by men?

Yes

• Love 2

Wasn't EJ  cracking jokes about Will ending up in prison for shooting him and either insinuated that he would become someone's "bitch" or would like prison because he would be surrounded by men?

Yes, and then they became friends and the sexual tension happened. Fluid relationships. It happens.

To be fair to EJ, he only did  that to Will because Will  foolishly attempted to blackmail him for money over his affair with his mother...He was not joking with Will, he was actually threatening him in a subtle way by alluding to his sexuality being a problem for him in prison, if EJ were to send him there for attempted murder..I actually thought that scene was pretty good and Will actually admitted to trying to kill EJ as a kid and regretting that it did not work...I thought it was a mistake that the show had them become friends later on. They should have remained adversaries with Lucas joining in as well with Sami caught in the middle...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

To be fair to EJ, he only did  that to Will because Will  foolishly attempted to blackmail him for money over his affair with his mother...He was not joking with Will, he was actually threatening him in a subtle way by alluding to his sexuality being a problem for him in prison, if EJ were to send him there for attempted murder.

Sorry, but fairness to Elvis is not the question. Will may have been idiotic to attempt to blackmail Elvis, but Elvis reacted with scorn, threats, manipulation, blackmail of his own, and occasional physical violence -- not beating, but definitely hitting. This was never a relationship of equals (and there was never any real prospect of Elvis's being genuinely attracted to Will), and the threat of sending Will to prison was very real, and was the original reason for "William's" going to work for Elvis. The show somehow pretended later that Elvis had Will's best interests at heart, but I never bought that they were friends -- and their sexualized demeanor started well before the "friends" stage. I found it ugly all dressed up as cute. (Sorry, again, if I'm venting. I'll climb down off my soapbox now.)

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Sorry, but fairness to Elvis is not the question. Will may have been idiotic to attempt to blackmail Elvis, but Elvis reacted with scorn, threats, manipulation, blackmail of his own, and occasional physical violence -- not beating, but definitely hitting. This was never a relationship of equals (and there was never any real prospect of Elvis's being genuinely attracted to Will), and the threat of sending Will to prison was very real, and was the original reason for "William's" going to work for Elvis. The show somehow pretended later that Elvis had Will's best interests at heart, but I never bought that they were friends -- and their sexualized demeanor started well before the "friends" stage. I found it ugly all dressed up as cute. (Sorry, again, if I'm venting. I'll climb down off my soapbox now.)

No problem! I understand where you are coming from..They should have kept them as bitter enemies....

• Love 1

I actually liked their relationship, threats and sexual innuendo not withstanding. I wrote about it, actually. 

EJ was there for Will when the whole baby daddy thing exploded after the the Gick wedding.

Everyone has their views on it, though. LOL

• Love 1

Heh. Portmanteau names for relationships aren't usually my thing, but "the Gick wedding" actually summarizes my feelings on that coupling quite tidily. And I will say that Elvis was uncharacteristically and unironically supportive of "William" during his baby daddy disaster, when his family, as I recall, really wasn't there for him. 

• Love 3

Heh. Portmanteau names for relationships aren't usually my thing, but "the Gick wedding" actually summarizes my feelings on that coupling quite tidily. And I will say that Elvis was uncharacteristically and unironically supportive of "William" during his baby daddy disaster, when his family, as I recall, really wasn't there for him. 

I have always felt that it was the show's way of making Elvis palatable. Will was a Brady, a Horton and a Roberts, there is no way that he should have been alone to deal with Gabi's pregnancy. Not to mention, Nick trying to steal his baby..Sami, Lucas and Kate written in character would have mopped the floor with him..It never made any sense to me....Tomsell was always about stupid plots and never about character-driven stories...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

All of that, Apprentice.

Will was stupid in that he didn't immediately get Lucas to grab Kate and Sami, inform them of the (IDIOTIC RETCON) EJ shooting crap and nail Nick's slimy ass to the wall. 

Kate was too busy banging Rafe

Sami was too busy trying to decide for sure if she and EJ should get remarried.

The Kate one was the worst of the bad writing in that scenerio.

• Love 3

Is KM blackmailing them?

Things-that-make-you-go-hmmm.jpg

Maybe these women as well as the other women om Days are afraid they could be written off the show, backburned or put in even more terrible storylines if they don't cape for Kate Mansi as being some great thespian! Lmfao! Someone mentioned that she does date a writer on the show. If that's the case he might be a petty mf who could Shonda Rhimes sabotage their careers. Plus again Greg Meng and Ken Corday also tried making her the queen of the show and circle storylines around once Alison left a season ago. Hence all the endless propping she got from better actors amd actresses (MR, MEB, DH, KA etc) who had to be in scenes with her. Plus it could also be Sony's doing. "Let's make the young pretty girl the star of the show and let make those" old" hams (actresses) bow down"

• Love 2

Brody Hutzler Afterbuzz I'view.

Really great interview with Brody.  He seems like a really nice, personable guy.  Loved that he talked about the EJ beating him with a belt storyline.  He also confirmed that Ciara was supposed to be his daughter until TPTB decided to get rid of the Lockharts.  Really nice to hear that Kristin has been pitching him to the producers to bring him back for Hope.  He had some really sweet things to say about Kristen, Julie Pinson, and Judy Evans.

He explained that Jim Reilly owns the Lockhart characters so Days would have to pay a licensing fee if they brought any of them back.  I hope that isn't the reason why but if so, I would rather they brought Brody back as a different character.

• Love 1