Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH!!!! KM was not nominated. I was terrified she would be the only DOOL actress to get a nomination. I was just reading on another board and everyone is stunned, stunned I tell you that she wasn't nominated and that's just the worst thing to ever happen on this show. I would have liked to see BF nominated, but I was also disappointed that RSW wasn't even pre-nominated.

I am very happy that MBE was nominated. Watching some of her storylines during the first run makes me wonder what took so long for her to be nominated. In the deaf storyline she conveyed so much with her eyes. Also, watching Kayla become stronger after the rape storyline was amazing. Finally after almost 30 years she is receiving some recognition.

Lmfaoooo can I take a guess the board. If it the board what I think, then that makes me extra happy. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

It's unfortunate that the writers put BF in a position where all of his scenes (at the time of submission) involved KM.

Mhmm. I bet Billy was like, "I was used as prop, don't I get a honorable mention!"

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Yes KM got snubbed but at the same time some very worthy actors did as well so it annoys me. I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that people like Arianne Zucker and Kristian Alfonso got shut out but True O'Brian is now an Emmy nominee.  I'm watching soaps 30 years and you would think by now I would be use to talented actors getting robbed, but then it keeps happening and I dont get it.  I'll never understand the system.

• Love 2

Yes KM got snubbed but at the same time some very worthy actors did as well so it annoys me. I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that people like Arianne Zucker and Kristian Alfonso got shut out but True O'Brian is now an Emmy nominee. I'm watching soaps 30 years and you would think by now I would be use to talented actors getting robbed, but then it keeps happening and I dont get it. I'll never understand the system.

The Emmy politics are large work. GH is the most crapped on soap on social media but yet when it's nominated their fans and blogs throw a fiesta. I'll never understand that.

• Love 1

Mhmm. I bet Billy was like, "I was used as prop, don't I get a honorable mention!"

I am hoping that he will get a nomination next year..I loved his scenes with Stefano a few weeks ago..He was so great in them..He needs a screen partner that will challenge him.. Jenn Lilly would do that..I hate that both Chad and Theresa have been saddled with children by the wrong partner....I think Cheresa would rock....

• Love 4

Totally agree. Just a shame that Kala Mosley was shutout in the prenoms. If anyone deserved the emmy it should had been her.

That is the ultimate shame. The entire family is golden. But especially Karla Mosley. She's so great.

• Love 1

That is the ultimate shame. The entire family is golden. But especially Karla Mosley. She's so great.

I think when Bradley Bell went on the record and said he was his new leading lady, I think there was sabotage from probably her fellow actors/actresses. That's my opinion.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

I think when Bradley Bell went on the record and said he was his new leading lady, I think there was sabotage from probably her fellow actors/actresses. That's my opinion.

It's possible since a lot of the actors/actresses are on the voting committee...or however that's labeled. It's quite possible, actually. Right?

I'm very happy for all the women nominees!  There's not a single one I can root for over another. 

Add me to the list of relieved posters that KM didn't get a nod; she should have never made the pre-nom list, either.  I am sad about Billy Flynn, though.  NO WAY should Bryan Craig and Nicolas Bechtel have made the cut over him.

I can't think of a reason that Bryan Craig should be acknowledged at all...except for shirtless scenes.

Also, am I the only one who wonders at everyone flipping out over Hunter King? She's not good, imo.

She's actually pretty terrible.  And the slurpy way she talks is worse than nails on a chalkboard for me.

CDL is saying the recast for Abifail will start filming in in early April when the cast/crew return work.

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2016/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-new-abigail-recast-to-begin-taping-late-april-will-chabby-chemistry-remain/

That's one of the worst photos I've ever seen of KM, which is saying something because there's lots of terrible photos of her out there.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 3

From DH's FBallt0m.png

DH is BFFs with her boss.

She appears to be a BFF of her plastic surgeon's needle and scalpel, too, but should reconsider that relationship. Her face is melting to one side. Damn, DH, there's something to be said for minimalism...

I would have loved to see Jenn Lilley nominated.  She helps light up the show (bad choice of words considering their lighting problem).   Theresa may not always be a good person, but Jenn Lilley makes her so vulnerable that even when she's being bad, you can still feel sorry for her or want to root for her to succeed.  

HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH!!!!  KM was not nominated.  I was terrified she would be the only DOOL actress to get a nomination. I was just reading on another board and everyone is stunned, stunned I tell you that she wasn't nominated and that's just the worst thing to ever happen on this show.    I would have liked to see BF nominated, but I was also disappointed that RSW wasn't even pre-nominated. 

I am very happy that MBE was nominated.  Watching some of her storylines during the first run makes me wonder what took so long for her to be nominated.  In the deaf storyline she conveyed so much with her eyes.  Also, watching Kayla become stronger after the rape storyline was amazing. Finally after almost 30 years she is receiving some recognition.  

I would have liked to see Jen Lilley get nominated but honestly maybe one of the main issues is that her competition is just way too strong & her peers are probably a lot more popular, experienced & maybe more talented than she is. Also I think another major issue is that she keeps on getting saddled with garbage storylines & writing so it pretty much kills any chance she has of getting nominated, let alone winning.

And honestly I have a feeling that she may be gone sometime next year anyway to possibly focus on her music career so in the end it may not matter. It's not like Theresa's a terribly popular character to begin with & maybe it'll be in her best interest to just bolt the minute her contract lets up. I'm sure a lot of people will be very happy when it finally happens. I'm sure at this point she must be desperate to get out of her contract as soon as possible. I mean, who wants to spend the next four years, (or however long they give actors these days), having to endure extremely nasty comments & harsh criticism on the Internet & having to live with the notoriety. I wouldn't. I would run like hell from Days & vow to never come back. And if Theresa does leave I hope she takes Tater Tot & moves back to California to live with her parents. No need to leave the baby with Brady. Besides, I don't trust him to be a responsible single parent & I'm sure the writers may continue the merry go round of women with him. Having a baby will only bring down his game, if you catch my drift. 

I'm also glad Kate Mansi didn't get nominated & I actually thought there was no way in hell Kassie DePaiva was going to get nominated & I was shocked when she did. I'm sure she's probably a nice girl in real life but there are so many other talented actors than her & I find it hard to believe that somehow she outshines Arianne Zucker, Kristian Alfonso, Mary Beth Evans, and so many other actresses many people consider to be good. Also Abby is a horrible waste of space character as it is and I never found her even compelling & rootable. She sucks period. And honestly if the show has that much of a difficult time replacing Kate Mansi then Abby should just die at this point. Besides, even if Abby does get recast the third round of Chabby may end badly anyway. There's plenty of legacy female characters her age that can be brought back to fill the void. Why not Stephanie for one? 

Edited by Braniac Woman

sigh

Unless they mean Freddie and Chandler.

Well we know that, Chloe, Aiden, Jack and later Laura.

I hope Kristen makes a return. Ashley Abbott has a braintumor now and YR is doing cutbacks like DOOL. If the show can find a way to get Eileen Davidson back, I would be happy.

• Love 2

KRISTEN!!!

...just please dont make her as desperate and cartoonish as she was the last time.

So, Laura has been confirmed?

Eileen Davidson said that Josh Griffith did not like Kristen and had no interest in writing for her....We still have months to go to see if the new writing team will bring her back...

• Love 1

Eileen Davidson said that Josh Griffith did not like Kristen and had no interest in writing for her....We still have months to go to see if the new writing team will bring her back...

Ryan Quan is a James Reilly protege. If Eileen Davidson did entertain a return it would be Quan, I hope, who pitches good story for Kristen. I don't want Higley going near to making a pitch for Kristen because her pitches tends to always crash and burn when it translates on screen. Days' setup and plotpoints in their current stories have been god awful (ie - the aftemath of Joey killing Ava, Summer, Yo Ling, the psych drug storylines) three of those stories are Higley stories, hence, why she shouldn't be the one making the pitch or forming any Kristen return story if so happens one of the returns is her.

Ryan Quan is a James Reilly protege. If Eileen Davidson did entertain a return it would be Quan, I hope, who pitches good story for Kristen. I don't want Higley going near to making a pitch for Kristen because her pitches tends to always crash and burn when it translates on screen. Days' setup and plotpoints in their current stories have been god awful (ie - the aftemath of Joey killing Ava, Summer, Yo Ling, the psych drug storylines) three of those stories are Higley stories, hence, why she shouldn't be the one making the pitch or forming any Kristen return story if so happens one of the returns is her.

Don't you think that the character of Kristen is played out? I think it is very lazy for the same villains to keep coming back ..The writers are not creating new villains  for the new generation..Emma was a villain in the 80's and the writers had the good sense to write her off in a spectacular way...They did not create stupid ways for her to come back to torture Kim and Shane...The Dimeras should stay dead with Tony and Benjy being the exception to that...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I definitely think "crazy baby snatching obsessed with Brady" Kristen is played out. Hopefully because of Eileen's range they could write something new and interesting for Kristen that would still be entertaining.

Or they could bring back Susan!

• Love 1

I definitely think "crazy baby snatching obsessed with Brady" Kristen is played out. Hopefully because of Eileen's range they could write something new and interesting for Kristen that would still be entertaining.

Or they could bring back Susan!

I think the show made a mistake by putting her with Brady..She should have targeted Eric when she came back to hurt Marlena..In the past, Eric and Kristen schemed to keep John and Marlena apart.. They could have played on that bit of history...They could have become friends again and over the course of time, Kristen could have fallen for Eric  for real and sincerely try to become a better person. Meanwhile, Nicole, John, Roman and  Marlena team up with some help from Sami and Brady to break them up and drama could have ensued from that..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

If Kristen HAS to come back, I hope she stays the hell away from Brady, Theresa, & Tater Tot. I don't want to spend the next 5 years watching her torment them & trying to kidnap Tate over and over again. She needs to do something else that doesn't involve kids or men that are old enough to be her son. 

Edited by Braniac Woman
  • Love 2

I don't have a problem with material timelines. I have an issue with the fact people think KM's performance(s) are worthy at all.

Thankfully the Emmy committee said, oh no but hell no to her getting a nom.

• Love 2

So in addition to being truly talented, Billy Flynn is a kind and generous man. 

Still, I don't get all the praise that's been heaped upon this woman for the last four years.  BF showed more emotion in those two seconds at the end of yesterday's episode than KM has ever managed to convey in her entire time on the show.

• Love 5

Still, I don't get all the praise that's been heaped upon this woman for the last four years.

It's almost like KeMo, RoHo, ME, MS and RebBud on GH. These people are so popular but they have to be propped in every scene just about to make it seem like they are some great thespians. It's total bs.

• Love 2