Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Tyler Christopher, original Stefan, has died.

And so eerie how he dies right after Matthew Perry. Both struggled with addiction, both were relatively young, and now both are gone.

Just tragic all the way around.

Although, unlike Perry, Tyler had kids. So my heart goes out to them. As it does to Matthew's loved ones and castmates.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
  • Love 1

I feel terrible for whatever horrors Tyler Christopher had to endure, because it surely must have been horrific to be so beholden to an addiction.  Poor man.  And his poor family and loved ones.

Damn......

• Sad 11

I didn't know the terrible grammar until you brought it up lol but it's the thought that counts. I actually forgot they worked together tbh. Ben was Stefan's right hand man/friend for a while.

Mary Beth posted about Tyler also 

Steve&KaylaFans on X: "Mary Beth on IG #TylerChristopher #GH #Days #MaryBethEvans https://t.co/NUooAG8SSe" / X (twitter.com)

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I have really missed longer scenes. We could have used some when Victor died.

Do any of the scab writers get the chance to stay afterwards? What if we like their work?

One of them is Sheri Anderson. We know she will be sooo much better than the superficial drivel Alaar and Ron dish up

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Was she a scab writer because she's not in the union anymore? Does that mean she can't work on the show 'for real' anymore?

I think she's a retired free lancer, but one with great knowledge of Days characters, so that can only be good for us

• Like 2

This has been a very rough week. :(  He was 98 so it's not necessarily unexpected and yet there was just something that felt eternal about him. 

It's terrific he was able to work well into his 90s. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

This isn’t a surprise but still sad. Not even a month in and out first major soap death of the year. I was hoping for one last scene with Doug and his Princess. I am glad we had that last Christmas with Doug/Julie. 

I can’t imagine Days without Doug he was the second longest cast member on the show. I am glad they kept them all these years. Most soaps would have written them off 20 years ago. 

My condolences to Susan and his loved ones. Hopefully they will wait a while before they write his death on the show. Especially since his RL wife is involved 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

This just reminds me of how they totally fucked up that Bope reunion. I was hoping for one last scene with Doug/Hope/Bo and that's probably not going to happen(unless the actors secretly returned and they already filmed one).

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Kristian Alfonso on X: "You will forever be in my❤️Billy .Thank u for welcoming me,the girl frm Boston with warm open arms on my 1st day&all of the days that followed,for the love &support u always gave me . How completely blessed I was 2 work with u 2know u 2 learn frm u.Youwere a true Icon .Love you❤️ https://t.co/YKLWHeQDG0" / X (twitter.com)

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I'm so glad we got to see him onscreen so recently and I stand in awe of his devotion to Susan and their marriage and to the gift he gave us everytime he appeared on screen, always fully engaged and a bright presence no matter the circumstance.

Too many losses lately.  I will miss that smile.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 7

Such a warm, vivacious spirit. Such sad news.

Yes, indeed, the show screwed up Bo's last return, which would have also given us a Bo/Victor reunion scene, but I'm so glad Doug appeared in family scenes with his loved ones these last few months. I was worried the dumb MarDevil stuff might be his last material, and thankfully that wasn't the case.

I wonder if he saw it coming. I felt those tears at Christmas were a bit too real. Hopefully he passed peacefully and with great pride in what he'd accomplished.

I just want to support Susan somehow. This will be so hard on her. I hope Corday really keeps things respectful, for her sake. I don't want her to lose her husband and her job all at once...or have to spend her work days mourning for the cameras either.

Thank you Bill. We'll really miss you and your smile.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

It wasn't unexpected, but it's still so sad.  Watching Bill in the Christmas episode tugged at my heartstrings. It seemed like he knew this was going to be his last DOOL Christmas.  
My condolences to Susan, his family and friends, and his DOOL family (including the fans).  We will miss you.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

I would love it if they managed to get 'The Ballad of Davy Crockett"  into his memorial.  That was pretty much his signature song.

It's going to be terrible for Susan to have to pretend Doug is just upstairs for the next six months or so.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

When I saw this news this morning, I was heartbroken...it was not unexpected, but still sad...I am so glad we got to appreciate his final scenes during the Christmas scenes, his tears were so real & emotional.   Bill & Susan were a pair, and I cant imagine what a lose she is suffering. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Badger said:

It's going to be terrible for Susan to have to pretend Doug is just upstairs for the next six months or so.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if that last Xmas scene was meant to be a send-off. Perhaps they just won't mention Doug for a while. Or maybe he still has a few appearances left.

All I know is they'd better get KA to return. Doug is Hope's father FFS. She and Julie should get some time, or better yet, spare Susan from having to act anything out and bring Hope back to do the grieving for both of them.

And bring back Peter too. Just wrap up the endless Bo drama already and pull focus a bit so Susan can be spared the spotlight.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4

He last airs sometime in May. Although I'm trying to think of what significant event happened in May for Doug/Julie. These past few years they trotted Bill/Doug out for special occasions.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3